• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Smash Corner Presents: Pikachu's Infinite Combo!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

My Smash Corner has been covered many times on Smashboards for its excellent video tutorials related to Smash 4. This time they are showing an infinite combo for Pikachu that has been discovered involving two custom moves. This video shows how to apply this infinite as well as its setups.

If you want to see more excellent videos from My Smash Corner be sure to check out their videos such as such as Diddy Kong Tricks, Dealing With Projectiles, and Luigi Downthrow Combos. It will be interesting to see if players can master this infinite and how it will be used at customs on tournaments.

SmashCapps is expecting some new Pikachu mains after seeing this video. Follow him on Twitter to discuss the infinite and anything else Smash related.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
EVO is gonna be so annoying now because all we're gonna hear is "PIKACHUUUUU, PIKACHUUUUU, PIKACHUUUUU, PI-PI, PIKACHUUUUU, PI, PIKACHUUUUU". :V

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I love the video, but I REALLY wish we could have seen if this could combo into Heavy Skull Bash, would make the early kills WAY easier if it's possible, might not need to worry at all about needing the up b footstool at high percents.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
An infinite combo caused by custom moves. I doubt that this will be patched.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Hardly any custom moves have been patched, however.
The first balance patch made changes to a bunch of ZSS's customs and some others, and the newest made changes to various customs too. Off the top of my head, ZSS, Link, Rosalina, Kirby, Palutena, Mii Fighters, and Sonic have definitely had their customs changed in some form with patches.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
The first balance patch made changes to a bunch of ZSS's customs and some others, and the newest made changes to various customs too. Off the top of my head, ZSS, Link, Rosalina, Kirby, Palutena, Mii Fighters, and Sonic have definitely had their customs changed in some form with patches.
Can you provide a source for all of those things you just listed? I know of a few things being changed with customs, but not much on a large scale.

Fancy

Smash Cadet
NNID
FancyChicken
I don't really want to see this custom banned, but I also don't want EVO to be filled with "pikachu! pikachu! pikachu!".

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
I am aware of changes to one of Sonic's custom moves and one of the Mii Swordfighter's custom moves in the patch. However, I don't see anything that confirms the rest. I doubt that there were changes to any of Zero Suit Samus's custom moves in one of the earliest patches.

They have, and even if they hadn't it's because they didn't need to be.
Yet something like Pikachu's Heavy Skull Bash is seemingly unaltered. Also, I said "hardly any", not "none". Besides, I don't see any way to remove this infinite without affecting Thunder Wave's overall effectiveness too negatively.

Last edited:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
At least, unlike Diddy, this is an easy fix as they could simply ban this custom move.
Only if it proves to be overcentralizing, imo. As much as I intensely dislike any situation where a player completely has no agency over a situation (wobbling in Melee, infinite chain grabs in Brawl) Smash has been able to support a competitive scene despite the presence of these things. Just as long as other characters and options remain viable, I don't think we have to worry about Pikachu being top dog.

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
If ur 1st thought was "This needs to be banned/nerfed" u will probably always suck at smash.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can you provide a source for all of those things you just listed? I know of a few things being changed with customs, but not much on a large scale.
ZSS I can't remember exactly, but I know everyone was talking about changes to her various customs when the first balance patch hit. I recall them being buffs, as her customs were useless when the game first came out.

Link's Power Arrow (I don't remember the exact name, but the "strong but slower" version of his Neutral B) was also changed in some way. I think it had something to do with the charge rate.

Rosalina had an exploit involving the Luma Guardian custom that greatly extended the length of her jumps. This was fixed with the first balance patch. A similar effect can be observed with one of the unfinished, glitchy customs Mewtwo has right now.

Palutena had the jump-cancelled momentum (not sure if that's the correct term) from Super Speed fixed.

Mii Brawler's "One Inch Punch", involving the Piston Punch custom, was removed in the most recent patch.

Sonic's Burning Spin Dash custom used to have some degree of invincibility frames that made it useful against projectile users. That's gone now with the latest patch, and the move is considered pretty much unviable.

The jump on Kirby's Hammer Bash custom was boosted in the latest patch.

Some of these are documented on Smash Wiki and some can be found in the character boards on these forums, though some are undocumented for some reason. The Luma Guardian High Jump fix isn't documented, but I can vouch for it as Rosalina is my main, and others in the Rosalina boards probably do remember it, as we did discuss it.

SHiFT_

Smash Apprentice
Finally some love for Pikachu. Hopefully he'll become the most technical like he was in Brawl.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
I never expected a custom move to actually be banned. Surely EVO won't allow this.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Wobbling(rip Iceies) and infinite chain grabbing are finally gone for the better and seeing another infinite is disheartening to say the least. Lucas releases in June so hopefully Sakurai will patch this out but not harm thunder wave too much it is such a good combo tool.

Last edited:

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
Finally some love for Pikachu. Hopefully he'll become the most technical like he was in Brawl.
This is not the love Pikachu needs he is already top tier and pretty technical and in no way is an infinite good to have in a fighting game so prepare for all the fraudulent Pikachus running around.

ShadyWolfe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShaDow94
3DS FC
1203-9253-9419
ZSS I can't remember exactly, but I know everyone was talking about changes to her various customs when the first balance patch hit. I recall them being buffs, as her customs were useless when the game first came out.

Link's Power Arrow (I don't remember the exact name, but the "strong but slower" version of his Neutral B) was also changed in some way. I think it had something to do with the charge rate.

Rosalina had an exploit involving the Luma Guardian custom that greatly extended the length of her jumps. This was fixed with the first balance patch. A similar effect can be observed with one of the unfinished, glitchy customs Mewtwo has right now.

Palutena had the jump-cancelled momentum (not sure if that's the correct term) from Super Speed fixed.

Mii Brawler's "One Inch Punch", involving the Piston Punch custom, was removed in the most recent patch.

Sonic's Burning Spin Dash custom used to have some degree of invincibility frames that made it useful against projectile users. That's gone now with the latest patch, and the move is considered pretty much unviable.

The jump on Kirby's Hammer Bash custom was boosted in the latest patch.

Some of these are documented on Smash Wiki and some can be found in the character boards on these forums, though some are undocumented for some reason. The Luma Guardian High Jump fix isn't documented, but I can vouch for it as Rosalina is my main, and others in the Rosalina boards probably do remember it, as we did discuss it.
Links power bow on 3ds charged faster than the Wii U version so they changed it to match wii u links power bow. Charizard also had his damage nerfed on his Dragon Rush custom in the first patch.

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
Until people realize how impossible it is to pull this off in the match. First you need to catch your opponent in a really bad position and two you need perfect spacing and three you opponent has to be at a decent percent to actually get stunned long enough. The spacing enough is hard to get this off.

Stoven

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5112-3679-8490
Oh god. I was watching a tourney live, it was M2K Vs a random guy and he kept on useing thunder Jolt which means you will hear pikachu over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.........................

U wot m8?

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Until people realize how impossible it is to pull this off in the match. First you need to catch your opponent in a really bad position and two you need perfect spacing and three you opponent has to be at a decent percent to actually get stunned long enough. The spacing enough is hard to get this off.
It doesn't seem to require that much precision in order to do the technique.

Engage

Smash Journeyman
NNID
WeegeeUser
I love the video, but I REALLY wish we could have seen if this could combo into Heavy Skull Bash, would make the early kills WAY easier if it's possible, might not need to worry at all about needing the up b footstool at high percents.
It can. Just jab lock them and charge the heavy skull bash after they're jabbed twice after the foot stool into Quick Attack.

Top Bottom