• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Smash Corner Presents: Captain Falcon Infinite Combo

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
My Smash Corner has been covered many times on Smashboards for its excellent video tutorials related to Smash 4. Having already shown a Pikachu infinite with custom moves, this time they have provided a detail explanation on how to perform another infinite with customs moves but with Captain Falcon. This video shows how to apply this infinite as well as its setups.

If you want to see more excellent videos from My Smash Corner be sure to check out Dealing With Projectiles, Wavebounce & B-Reverse Tutorial, or check them out on Youtube. It will be interesting to see if any players can master this infinite and put it to use in tournaments.

SmashCapps wonders if he'll be seeing this at Evo 2015. To talk shop on custom moves or keep up with his writing follow him on Twitter.

Last edited:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Such fast paced entertainment. Very exciting. It would be awesome to see someone falcon kicking into the ground 10 times in a row with extremely heavy landing lag on stream, the fans will go wild with the sheer hype.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Fatality of GA has known about this for a little while. It's pretty nuts. Sucks for us at customs tournaments. :p

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Can I get a "Toot Toot"?

Can I get a "Hut Hut"?

And can I get a "Falcon Kick!"?

It's a bit ridiculous what it can do to those five characters though. Guess it makes Falcon a hard counter to those five with customs on, for sure.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
A haiku on customs, by Cozy:

Let's turn customs on
The game is even more dumb
You just pound my bum

:pow::pow::pow::pow::pow::pow::pow::pow::pow::pow::pow:

Abaasy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Abaasy
Because Falcon TOTALLY needs another way to rack up damage. Thanks, Nintendo.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Predict, this will do nothing much to affect people.

I'm treating this as the Peach infinite, cool if you can land it but I doubt it's going to be a major focus in the MU.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
Can I get a "Toot Toot"?

Can I get a "Hut Hut"?

And can I get a "Falcon Kick!"?

It's a bit ridiculous what it can do to those five characters though. Guess it makes Falcon a hard counter to those five with customs on, for sure.
the infinite he demonstrated isn't any more effective on those characters than on any other. it's just slightly faster/easier lol.

Luig

Confused
Guys, this is a very hard infinite to land. And LFK is a dumb move to begin with. We shouldn't ban it, it is rarely ever going to be seen in competitive play. If you ban this, ban wobbling.

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
It's a little off topic to this video, but since it'll inevitably come up, I want to throw my two cents into customs.
They shouldn't be allowed in tournaments. I think it's pretty clear that the main balancing team didn't put as much focus into them as they did with regular moves. That's why they're not allowed online. Sakurai himself said at e3 last year that "in order to keep balance...you won't be able to use them online." Plus customs are rarely touched upon, if ever, when a new patch rolls out.
That's just me. I like the concept but I don't think it's really a good thing. Too bad.

Falm

Smash Rookie
this just makes me think even more that customs shouldn't be allowed...

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Why does footstool even exist?
It seems to be in almost all infinite 'combos'...
Because in-general it's a balanced thing that lets you get an advantage for utilizing positioning well. There isn't a single infinite that requires a footstool without custom moves, showing that these infinites are mostly happening because Nintendo didn't pay attention to customs, for better or for worse.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
Because in-general it's a balanced thing that lets you get an advantage for utilizing positioning well. There isn't a single infinite that requires a footstool without custom moves, showing that these infinites are mostly happening because Nintendo didn't pay attention to customs, for better or for worse.
I see, but they are infinites that have footstool and no custom moves.

They showed an infinite of Lucas and footstool was part of it.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
I see, but they are infinites that have footstool and no custom moves.

They showed an infinite of Lucas and footstool was part of it.
You can DI out of it after you get thrown in-order to avoid getting footstooled, up and away should do the trick to stop that from starting.

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Predict, this will do nothing much to affect people.

I'm treating this as the Peach infinite, cool if you can land it but I doubt it's going to be a major focus in the MU.
Sounds like another imaginary balance issue. Unless actual Captain Falcon mains start doing this in tournaments and winning, any hysteria is completely unjustified.
What these guys said. People seem to not remember the ridiculous chain grabs, infinites, and grab releases that Brawl had that made a good number of matchups in the game virtually unwinnable.

SHiFT_

Smash Apprentice
Already starting to look like Brawl with infinites. Is this what you wanted, Sack of Rye?

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
the infinite he demonstrated isn't any more effective on those characters than on any other. it's just slightly faster/easier lol.
He literally said "these 5 characters are decimated by the infinite as it is much easier to pull off".

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
He literally said "these 5 characters are decimated by the infinite as it is much easier to pull off".
That's irrelevant. If you main falcon w/ this custom you will grind this and have it down for the entire cast, meaning the ease/speed irrelevant, as it will always lead to a KO no matter what. That's how infinites work.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
That's irrelevant. If you main falcon w/ this custom you will grind this and have it down for the entire cast, meaning the ease/speed irrelevant, as it will always lead to a KO no matter what. That's how infinites work.
No, because every other character requires a genuine set up. The 5 characters singled out were ones that don't require any sort of set up for the infinite, meaning it will be easy even for a non-Falcon main on those five.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If this does get anywhere close to big, it will be patched out instantly, just like Link's jab "infinite"

Outside of the 5 listed I do not think this will be as impactful, even then landing aerial falcon kick can get you punished hard if he tries this on Lucario with some aura.

I'll tinker with this though, people said Ryu and Lucas had an "infinite" but that was debunked fast.

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
Joking aside, the use of footstooling to prolong a combo is pretty damn tech. Footstooling in general has become quite the useful thing in this game. From "fixing" whiffed Dairs to prolonging combos or setting up kill moves (tumble animation = chance to jab lock and then follow up with a kill move).

It's no wavedash, since it takes no real skill to use and there's no penalty. However, it does earn a spot right next to wavedashing when it comes to tools that have incredible uses. It also adds salt to someone's sodium output. Bcuz das major disrespect. Dat's da strongust pert of da tech, u no?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

hahahaha customs
When will people learn...maybe when they kick us out of EVO?

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
hahahaha customs
When will people learn...maybe when they kick us out of EVO?
Smash 4 in general will be the death of smash at EVO. Slow gameplay + Timeouts + Customs (which people are allowed to take their sweet time setting up before EACH and EVERY match) + Fighting game players already think that MELEE is a slow paced game..... yeah.

RIP Smash @ Evo.

Top Bottom