• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Smash Corner: Diddy Kong Tricks

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Love him or hate him, Diddy Kong is as character we see a lot in Smash 4 play. However there is much more to Diddy Kong than just down throw to up air (A.K.A. the "Hoo-Hah"). Youtube channel My Smash Corner has released another excellent video on their channel to show off some of the tricks that will really bring Diddy play up a notch.

Hopefully some of these tricks can be used so Diddy mains can bring their game up that much farther. For those wanting to see other cool content be sure to check out My Smash Corner's Youtube channel to learn about things like ledge punishes, jab locking, jump canceled glide tossing, and more!

SmashCapps is always looking for awesome video tutorials for all of the Smash games. Follow him on Twitter and tweet him links to excellent content so he can cover them in articles!

peachbomr

Smash Rookie
This is so cool, very exciting to see the game evolving like this. It makes me excited that it's not just Diddy that can do this

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
These are some interesting tricks.

Can't wait hear about tricks that other characters (including Diddy) can do.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Sweeeet. As a DK fan who mained DK loyally in 64 and Melee, it makes my heart soar to see his little buddy wreaking havoc on everyone right now. >:)

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Yes, let's make Diddy Kong even MORE overused, and completely negate all the other 50 character choices.

NachoOfCheese

Smash Ace
NNID
NachoOfCheese
I still don't think Diddy is good enough in this game to get anywhere. They need to buff his Uair, his mobility is trash, no mixups or combos, not enough autocanceling aerials, and to top it all off, he has no KO moves or kill confirms in the form of any item. So glad this video shed some light on such an unexplored character though.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
While this is more stressful stuff to deal with for non-Diddy players (like me) playing against this and just watching people who implement these tricks will be very entertaining!

Remobit

Smash Cadet
I just realized that the person whos narrating is False. I'm dissapointed in myself. How can I fight for my friends like this!?

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I now this is gonna sound crazy, but I think I was the ZSS near the end if the video.

I MAY BE ON YOUTUBE!!!!!!! :grin:

Anyway, it's nice to see some new things about Diddy, even if these things brings him closer to brokenness

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Only means ZeRo is gonna be Apex 2016 champion.

Omegascizor456

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aldog12
3DS FC
2449-5093-2142
Even though i dont believe everyone should use diddy and i like variety as much as the next smasher.... He made some great tactics/techs in this video! Great job as always man!:D

NoPLo

Smash Cadet
NNID
NoploSnowman
Looking at the good side of this, the more broken Diddy becomes, the bigger the chances of getting a new balancing patch. Not just to nerf Diddy, but to buff characters who need it as well.

The popgun reversal cancel thing seems specially broken, as if Diddy didn't have enough movility options in the air... This will make trying to catch a landing Diddy Kong near impossible.

◥θ┴θ◤ | JJ

Smash Journeyman
On the Midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
3DS FC
5370-0522-3919
I still don't think Diddy is good enough in this game to get anywhere. They need to buff his Uair, his mobility is trash, no mixups or combos, not enough autocanceling aerials, and to top it all off, he has no KO moves or kill confirms in the form of any item. So glad this video shed some light on such an unexplored character though.
At first I thought you were serious. XD

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
Looking at the good side of this, the more broken Diddy becomes, the bigger the chances of getting a new balancing patch. Not just to nerf Diddy, but to buff characters who need it as well.

The popgun reversal cancel thing seems specially broken, as if Diddy didn't have enough movility options in the air... This will make trying to catch a landing Diddy Kong near impossible.
It's in Sakurai's hands now. He could very well do it when Mewtwo is released or simply choose not to after that point.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Anything that discourages endless Down Throw -> Up-air is good in my book.

Maybe we can actually see some skilled Diddy Kongs. :smirk:

I jest.

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Sweeeet. As a DK fan who mained DK loyally in 64 and Melee, it makes my heart soar to see his little buddy wreaking havoc on everyone right now. >:)
Custom moves are now a thing, so use Kong Cyclone. That move has done wonders for DK's metagame development.

Rango the Mercenary

The Mercenary
3DS FC
2320-6400-7280
You can always play Diddy if you're tired of losing to him.
We have a phrase for that. It's calling selling-out. Instead of doing it your way, join the herd and do what everyone else is doing. Melee and Brawl both have sordid reputations for their reliance on top tier characters to win matches and dominate tournaments. It makes the scene look drab with lack of variety and leads into arguments over tiers being overused.

Smash 4 is the most balanced game in the series. With 50+ characters, there's a play style for everyone. There is literally no reason why anyone should be forced to conform to top tier just to win matches unless they're really that desperate to score a win.

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Posts like these need a trigger warning.

Anyway, on topic: people should use these as a way to learn to combat Diddy. Figure out what they're after, work around it, then punish failures.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
We have a phrase for that. It's calling selling-out. Instead of doing it your way, join the herd and do what everyone else is doing. Melee and Brawl both have sordid reputations for their reliance on top tier characters to win matches and dominate tournaments. It makes the scene look drab with lack of variety and leads into arguments over tiers being overused.

Smash 4 is the most balanced game in the series. With 50+ characters, there's a play style for everyone. There is literally no reason why anyone should be forced to conform to top tier just to win matches unless they're really that desperate to score a win.
That's cool you want to do things that way if you want.

There most certainly is a reason why anyone would want to conform to a top tier to win. It's a competition with money on the line. So you can intentionally cripple yourself while Diddy makes more money than any other character.

Glace

Smash Rookie
If Sm4sh goes the way of Melee in terms of literally no character variety outside of few notable outliers due to a strict adherence to a single "best" character, I may commit sudoku. It's one of the things I like about Sm4sh that I really can't stand about Melee's scene, though I understand why it's done.

Very glad customs are a thing, though. I can't wait to see what we experience as a result of them.

Taokaka

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ValooDX
3DS FC
2758-4249-4296
This is useful to know in order to fight diddy :3 so thyanks.

erico9001

You must find your own path to the future.
NNID
Erico9001
3DS FC
1091-8215-3292
Meh. I can't say this makes me happy, but it still doesn't make me fear Diddy Kong. Diddy being able to retreat directly after a monkey flip doesn't really affect me, as I'm usually retreating myself when the Diddy monkey flips. I'm sure I can still hit Diddy when he B-reverses that pop gun (when I play as Shulk).

Good diddy users probably know about this stuff already right? So this is more benefiting me than them, right? I suppose the publicity for Diddy being op may sway some more tier riders, but again, meh.

Alex Night

Smash Ace
NNID
obiwan_jacoby
3DS FC
2234-7921-2718
.......Okay, any possible chance we can learn things that other characters can do besides Diddy Kong? I'm sitting here with this Charizard wondering how the heck I'm supposed to win against a cast that has such better options...

Top Bottom