• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"My Friends Are My Power!" Sora Unlocks the Way! (KH 2.8 Revealed, and new KH3 info coming November)

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing

Once again, Mr. Wright, you are completely avoiding the truth.
If you wish for an example of a character who has drastically changed in design in Smash bros. then I shall gladly give you one!
Original design:

Melee design:

Brawl design:

Undeniable evidence that Sakurai isn't above changing a character for the sake of convenience. The removal or replacement of a single key-chain is hardly anywhere near a drastic a change as this.

As for your second point, let's be perfectly clear here, if we were talking about Mickey, Donald, Goofy, Aladdin, Mulan, Simba, Tron, Jack Sparrow, or any of the other famous Disney IPs, then your claim about what they'd demand from Nintendo would've had some weight to it. But we're not talking about them, we're talking about Sora, a character who is nowhere near as popular or as valuable to Disney as the characters I mentioned earlier. Using a line of reasoning that was spawned by the characters that I listed doesn't help your argument in the slightest, especially when we both know for a fact that Sega was able to get the rights to another lesser known Disney character. It shows that the value of the character in question is based on their popularity, and all things considered, he'd be worth roughly around the same price( or less) as the characters you mentioned, with or without the Key-chain.

WHETHER YOU'D LIKE TO BELIEVE IT OR NOT, SORA BEING IN SMASH IS ENTIRELY PLAUSIBLE!
Huh. How did I forget to point this out? As someone who wants Sora in Smash, I don't think they would change any piece of his design with the Keychain, and here's why: It's a part of him. He isn't retro so he has no reason to gain a redesign. He's a modern gaming icon with that important piece on it.

That said, if Sakurai proves me wrong, I will buy a PS4 for KHIII alone.

Oh wait, I already am planning on that... never mind.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Huh. How did I forget to point this out? As someone who wants Sora in Smash, I don't think they would change any piece of his design with the Keychain, and here's why: It's a part of him. He isn't retro so he has no reason to gain a redesign. He's a modern gaming icon with that important piece on it.

That said, if Sakurai proves me wrong, I will buy a PS4 for KHIII alone.

Oh wait, I already am planning on that... never mind.
As the entirety of Pit's design was changed(most likely) due to his bow, I still stand by my statement. Plus, it's a default keychain... Which could be replaced in the main games and nobody would miss it... Heck they didn't even use it in the KH3 trailer... Saying that it holds any significant meaning to Sora's character is a stretch... If it were his necklace on the other hand, that'd be another story.

I too have already planned on buying a PS4 just for KH3.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
As the entirety of Pit's design was changed(most likely) due to his bow, I still stand by my statement. Plus, it's a default keychain... Which could be replaced in the main games and nobody would miss it... Heck they didn't even use it in the KH3 trailer... Saying that it holds any significant meaning to Sora's character is a stretch... If it were his necklace on the other hand, that'd be another story.

I too have already planned on buying a PS4 just for KH3.
It doesn't matter, Sora's a third party character. To make any signifigant changes to his design, they'd need to consult his owners. That hidden mickey is still a part of his keyblade, no matter what. Replacing it wouldn't make any sense because it's an iconic part of the Kingdom Key.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter, Sora's a third party character. To make any signifigant changes to his design, they'd need to consult his owners.
They'd be consulting with Disney regardless.
That hidden mickey is still a part of his keyblade, no matter what. Replacing it wouldn't make any sense because it's an iconic part of the Kingdom Key.
Oh hey "it wouldn't make any sense" argument! Long time no see! How're you holding up with the Ryu reveal? Lol yeah, I thought as much, I remember how you looked after the Sonic reveal trailer in Brawl, and the Lil Mac reveal, and the toon link reveal, and the Mii fighter reveal, and the Lucina getting her own slot confirmation,and the Duck Hunt Dog confirmation, and the Dark Pit confirmation, and the Mewtwo DLC reveal.

Okay, with that snarky attitude out of my system, I will be fair and say that you do have a point about him being third party and to be frank, I have no idea how Disney would react to the idea, if Sakurai would request it at all. So I'll concede that this specific argument is shaky at its best.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
They'd be consulting with Disney regardless.

Oh hey "it wouldn't make any sense" argument! Long time no see! How're you holding up with the Ryu reveal? Lol yeah, I thought as much, I remember how you looked after the Sonic reveal trailer in Brawl, and the Lil Mac reveal, and the toon link reveal, and the Mii fighter reveal, and the Lucina getting her own slot confirmation,and the Duck Hunt Dog confirmation, and the Dark Pit confirmation, and the Mewtwo DLC reveal.

Okay, with that snarky attitude out of my system, I will be fair and say that you do have a point about him being third party and to be frank, I have no idea how Disney would react to the idea, if Sakurai would request it at all. So I'll concede that this specific argument is shaky at its best.
...um... I wasn't here when Brawl was released. I got an account in 2013. Every other character you listed didn't surprise me except Ryu. And Duck Hunt.

In fact, I speculated Miis WOULD be included. And Little Mac.. And Lucina as her own slot as soon as we saw her...

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
...um... I wasn't here when Brawl was released. I got an account in 2013. Every other character you listed didn't surprise me except Ryu. And Duck Hunt.

In fact, I speculated Miis WOULD be included. And Little Mac.. And Lucina as her own slot as soon as we saw her...
I didn't really mention that exclusively because of you, I'm just REALLY tired of that argument. In fact I'll go so far as to say that I hate it, almost as much as I hate the "it's not the Sakurai thing to do" arguments. You wouldn't believe how many times people have baselessly used that argument. It's gotten to a point where I just assume that they just can't comprehend the scenario in question( with you being an exception seeing how you brought a valid point to the table).

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Concerning the Kingdom Hearts storyline, I have a theory concerning the Seven Lights and Thirteen Darknesses.

We already know whom six of the thirteen are:

Xehanort
Xemnas
Ansem
Xigbar/Braig
Saix/Isa
Young Xehanort

But whom are the remaining six that appeared at the end of DDD? Assuming none of them are new characters, mine guesses would have to be:

Luxord
Demyx
Marluxia
Larxene
Vanitas (he couldn't have made an appearance in DDD for no reason)
Riku Replica (same as above)

As for the Seven Lights, based on evidence, I think they will be:
Mickey
Sora
Riku
Ventus
Terra
Kairi
Lea (formerly Axel)

But who's going to be the Thirteenth Darkness? Based on the below video, I honestly think Xehanort's thirteenth vessel is going to be Aqua. Last we heard, Aqua is still trapped in the realm of darkness. I would imagine being in there for so long would have corrupted her to some degree.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Concerning the Kingdom Hearts storyline, I have a theory concerning the Seven Lights and Thirteen Darknesses.

We already know whom six of the thirteen are:

Xehanort
Xemnas
Ansem
Xigbar/Braig
Saix/Isa
Young Xehanort

But whom are the remaining six that appeared at the end of DDD? Assuming none of them are new characters, mine guesses would have to be:

Luxord
Demyx
Marluxia
Larxene
Vanitas (he couldn't have made an appearance in DDD for no reason)
Riku Replica (same as above)

As for the Seven Lights, based on evidence, I think they will be:
Mickey
Sora
Riku
Ventus
Terra
Kairi
Lea (formerly Axel)

But who's going to be the Thirteenth Darkness? Based on the below video, I honestly think Xehanort's thirteenth vessel is going to be Aqua. Last we heard, Aqua is still trapped in the realm of darkness. I would imagine being in there for so long would have corrupted her to some degree.
Because I don't know how to put a spoiler tag on my comment, I'll just say it isn't her. If you played birth by sleep in its entirety, you'd know that she is very well the same. I also don't agree with one of your choices for the other team.

Altais

Smash Champion
[collapse="Plot Spoilers"]Right, I forgot about that scene with Aqua and Ansem. I've never played Birth by Sleep, but I've watched one of the walkthroughs on YouTube, so I know everything that happens. Now that I've re-thought it, Aqua passed her Mark of Mastery exam specifically because she could handle the darkness. This, coupled with the fact that she knows Sora is out there saving worlds and whatnot--thus keeping her flame of hope alive--probably means she's still firmly holding on.[/collapse]

Oh, and to wrap spoilers, use (collapse)(/collapse), only with brackets instead of parentheses. Out of curiosity, whom was it that you disagreed on?

Last edited:

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Right, I forgot about that scene with Aqua and what's-his-name. I've never played Birth by Sleep, but I've watched one of the walkthroughs on YouTube, so I know everything that happens. Now that I've re-thought it, Aqua passed her exam specifically because she could handle the darkness. This, coupled with the fact that she knows Sora is out there saving worlds and whatnot--thus keeping her flame of hope alive--probably means she's still firmly holding on.

Oh, and to wrap spoilers, use (collapse)(/collapse), only with brackets instead of parentheses. Out of curiosity, whom was it that you disagreed on?
A lot of what you said still falls under spoiler territory y'know... But thanks for showing me how to put the spoiler tag on this!

The person I disagree with joining the warriors of light is Terra. He's already been possed by Xehanort, so there's no way he'll be able to switch sides mid game

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
All those no votes...
Lame.
Hey it's no big deal. Those "no" votes are most likely coming from the "no anime looking character" crowd. Our main focus needs to shift to the KH fandom, and prove to them that Sora's inclusion is entirely possible. Then we'll see alot more "yeses" in the future.

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
What could be Sora's victory theme? I'm not really a fan of the one from Super Smash Flash 2.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
A lot of what you said still falls under spoiler territory y'know... But thanks for showing me how to put the spoiler tag on this!

The person I disagree with joining the warriors of light is Terra. He's already been possed by Xehanort, so there's no way he'll be able to switch sides mid game
Right, I totally didn't think about that.

I always assumed Terra's heart went somewhere else after Ansem and Xemnas were born. But, given that it was Terra's body Xehanort was hijacking, Terra is probably inside either Xemnas or Ansem (mine money is on the former). Looking back, at the end of DDD, when Xehanort said "Sora and another on your list belong to me now", he probably meant Terra. He could have meant Ventus, but I highly doubt Xehanort even knows Ventus's heart is inside Sora--but I could be wrong.

Come to think of it, the very first trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 showed Sora picking up Eraqus's Keyblade on Destiny Islands. I honestly think Aqua sent it there, hoping Sora will use it to wake up Ventus.

Okay, I'm starting to babble.

At any rate, I've officially changed mine hypothesis concerning the Seven Guardians of Light:
Mickey
Sora
Riku
Ventus
Aqua
Lea
Kairi

As for the Thirteenth Darkness...assuming it's nobody new, mine best guess at this point is Terra-Xehanort.

W could be Sora's victory theme? I'm not really a fan of the one from Super Smash Flash 2.
That's a good question; I never gave that any thought. I think a derivative of the below tune would be excellent, since it's intertwined with many battle themes in the series.

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
Showdown at Hollow Bastion would be good. I think maybe a quicker, more-upbeat version of Dearly Beloved, perhaps?

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Hey, remember that time I made that theory that Disney owned the Kingdom Hearts series and its characters? Well we now have 100% confirmation from Nomura himself that Disney owns the franchise:
Nomura: "Kingdom Hearts is a Disney title, so I can't speak for them, but naturally, in my own mind I have ideas about what happens after KH3. About characters, and developments. Maybe sometime there will be a chance to talk about that, but rather than thinking out the concrete details regarding that, right now my first priority is completing KH3. I want to put out KH3 quickly."
I got that from here: http://www.khinsider.com/news/Conversation-with-Creators-Tetsuya-Nomura-Interview-3449 give the article a read if you have the time.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Hey, remember that time I made that theory that Disney owned the Kingdom Hearts series and its characters? Well we now have 100% confirmation from Nomura himself that Disney owns the franchise:
Nomura: "Kingdom Hearts is a Disney title, so I can't speak for them, but naturally, in my own mind I have ideas about what happens after KH3. About characters, and developments. Maybe sometime there will be a chance to talk about that, but rather than thinking out the concrete details regarding that, right now my first priority is completing KH3. I want to put out KH3 quickly."
I got that from here: http://www.khinsider.com/news/Conversation-with-Creators-Tetsuya-Nomura-Interview-3449 give the article a read if you have the time.
and the fact the all the games say copy right disney werent 100% proof?

Mikegamer0608

Smash Lord
NNID
Mikegamer0608

Dragon Quest XI is coming to PS4, Nintendo NX, and 3DS
Could it be possible other games like KH3, FF7 Remake, and other third party games could make it to the NX?

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
and the fact the all the games say copy right disney werent 100% proof?
Lol, you'd think it would be. But no, it won't. Not to the majority of the fanbase anyway.

Dragon Quest XI is coming to PS4, Nintendo NX, and 3DS
Could it be possible other games like KH3, FF7 Remake, and other third party games could make it to the NX?
I've always believed that KH3 was gonna come to the NX. If they do end up doing this though, I wonder if they'll bring the H.D remixes to the Wii U.

Last edited:

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
Regardless, I don't think Disney nor Square Enix would be so petty as to turn down an offer for one of their characters to be in a major crossover game. I still believe in Sora and hope that if Disney/Square Enix is approached by Nintendo, they can work something out.

Altais

Smash Champion
I've always believed that KH3 was gonna come to the NX. If they do end up doing this though, I wonder if they'll bring the H.D remixes to the Wii U.
Regardless, I don't think Disney nor Square Enix would be so petty as to turn down an offer for one of their characters to be in a major crossover game.
In response to both of these, I sincerely hope so. Though, I'll be more than happy if Sora ends up as a Mii Swordfighter alt, like Chrom.

Speaking of Disney, what worlds would you lot like to see in Kingdom Hearts 3?

The confirmed worlds so far are Tangled and Hercules (I am so sick of Hercules!).

The one Disney world I want the most right now is Treasure Planet. Atlantis would be cool as well. The director of Kingdom Hearts said he wanted to add Star Wars characters to the game. I've heard some people say they want Guardians of the Galaxy in the game. I'll be VERY surprised if Frozen isn't in Kingdom Hearts 3.

What say you lot?

Last edited:

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
I'd like a few Pixar worlds, especially Toy Story. I'd also like A Bug's Life and Monster's Inc. As for pure Disney, I think Treasure Planet would be really cool also. I've never seen the Black Cauldron, but it might make a cool world. Pocahontas has yet to have a world. Atlantis scared me as a kid, but it would be cool to see.

As for things I'd like to see not attached to any worlds, we only have one reference to Lady and the Tramp in the series, so there should be more. I'd also like Mary Poppins to have some inclusion.

Also, I'd like for summons to be more important and more useful. They were cool in KH, but I hardly ever used them in KHII.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
Regardless, I don't think Disney nor Square Enix would be so petty as to turn down an offer for one of their characters to be in a major crossover game. I still believe in Sora and hope that if Disney/Square Enix is approached by Nintendo, they can work something out.
@ fogbadge fogbadge See?
Anyway, it's good to be very optimistic about his inclusion, but if you try to bring that case to the table with optimism alone then people are just gonna attempt to shut it down in a heart beat. You need to show them that it's possible with examples, examples that we luckily have:

Proof that Disney have allowed Popular developers to use their characters before-

Proof that Square Enix have allowed allowed Nintendo to use their characters before( even though this is entirely pointless to point out as Disney owns Sora and not Square Enix)-

The confirmed worlds so far are Tangled and Hercules (I am so sick of Hercules!).

The one Disney world I want the most right now is Treasure Planet. Atlantis would be cool as well. The director of Kingdom Hearts said he wanted to add Star Wars characters to the game. I've heard some people say they want Guardians of the Galaxy in the game. I'll be VERY surprised if Frozen isn't in Kingdom Hearts 3.

What say you lot?
I've wanted Treasure planet and Atlantis ever since Kingdom Hearts 2 was first revealed. Other Worlds I'd like to see would be Monsters inc., Lilo & Stitch, and Big Hero 6.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
In response to both of these, I sincerely hope so. Though, I'll be more than happy if Sora ends up as a Mii Swordfighter alt, like Chrom.

What say you lot?
tangled was one of my most wanted worlds along with wreck it ralph and the princess and the frog also pocahontas

Altais

Smash Champion
Oh! What about that king author origin movie they did?
Sword in the Stone.
Totally forgot about that movie. Wasn't Merlin in Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2? It's been a while since I've played the games, so mine memory is hazy.

Also, something from Duck Tales would be awesome as well. I'd love to see Uncle Scrooge jumping on Heartless with his cane.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Totally forgot about that movie. Wasn't Merlin in Kingdom Hearts 1 or 2? It's been a while since I've played the games, so mine memory is hazy.
he is indeed he's been a rather large character in series so it would makes sense to get to go to his home world

Altais

Smash Champion
I could see The Lion King world returning, this time with Kovu as your fighting companion. The story could start after Kovu is exiled by Simba. Simba and Zira could be the primary antagonists. Perhaps just like in Kingdom Hearts 2, a powerful Heartless could be playing upon emotions--only this time it's Simba's foolish pride instead of his fear and self-doubt. Said Heartless could also be manipulating Zira's hatred, as well as the animosity between the warring lion tribes.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I could see The Lion King world returning, this time with Kovu as your fighting companion. The story could start after Kovu is exiled by Simba. Simba and Zira could be the primary antagonists. Perhaps just like in Kingdom Hearts 2, a powerful Heartless could be playing upon emotions--only this time it's Simba's foolish pride instead of his fear and self-doubt. Said Heartless could also be manipulating Zira's hatred, as well as the animosity between the warring lion tribes.
Woah, it's way too soon for that, don't you think? But, if we're talking about titles that delve into the future events of Disney films, what about Tim burton's Alice in wonderland? Enough years in the KH universe have passed for this to happen... Right?

Last edited:

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
The time of worlds flow differently from each other. So who knows how much time has passed in each of them?

Here I am still wanting another Tarzan level. (apparently they lost the rights)

The fact we STILL haven't had a toy story level is frustrating.

Powerman293

Smash Ace
Dropped by to say that I'd be down for Sora in Smash. While he hasn't appeared on a Nintendo system with a console installment, I still think he could get in. The potential for move sets with him is ridiculous. The final smash alone can be a debate between 10 ideas.

If he was in Smash, I'd ideally like him to be in his KH2 or KH3 outfit. But I wouldn't mind if they went with KH: RECoM or DDD Sora since those are the actual styles he appeared as.

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
Dropped by to say that I'd be down for Sora in Smash. While he hasn't appeared on a Nintendo system with a console installment, I still think he could get in. The potential for move sets with him is ridiculous. The final smash alone can be a debate between 10 ideas.

If he was in Smash, I'd ideally like him to be in his KH2 or KH3 outfit. But I wouldn't mind if they went with KH: RECoM or DDD Sora since those are the actual styles he appeared as.
Well, every character has eight costumes. So he could have KHIII, KHII, KH, DDD, Valor, Wisdom, Master, and Final unless they make that his final smash, in which case he could have Anti.

I agree with you on the potential for his moveset. Kingdom Hearts has so many moves and attacks that would translate very well into Smash, that alone is but one reason I'm voting for him.

Top Bottom