• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"My Friends Are My Power!" Sora Unlocks the Way! (KH 2.8 Revealed, and new KH3 info coming November)

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
In terms of story, mine favourite would have to be KH 358/2 Days. In terms of gameplay, mine favourite as of now would have to be DDD. I absolutely love the flowmotion mechanic, and the Dream Eaters offer a wide variety of playstyle.

Oh, and I forgot to mention... It would be awesome if Fantasia 2000 was in KH3. Imagine fighting that creepy Jack in the Box, or traversing the streets of New York.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
On the subject of Kingdom Hearts, what's your favorite installment in the series? I really like a lot of them and I have a hard time deciding between KH, KHII, Re:CoM, and BBS. If I absolutely, gun to my head, had to say which one was my favorite, I'd probably have to go with Birth by Sleep. It just had so much character, so many improvements and expansions in gameplay, and even though you essentially have to play through the game three times, it never felt tedious or boring.
KH 3D. Sure, it had some major flaws( like the character switching time limit, or Sora being as dumb as bricks) but it's gameplay and reveal of the plot of KH3 was simply perfect.

Altais

Smash Champion
[Shrugs] At least Sora has redeeming qualities. While Riku makes up for his lone wolf attitude with intelligence, Sora makes up for his thickness with kindness.

And I have to agree about the drop gauge. I couldn't tell you how many times I've failed to finish off a boss simply because I ran out of time. While the Drop-Me-Nots help a ton, there are a limited amount of times you can use them mid-battle.

[collapse="Slight spoiler"]Come to think of it, I think a spinoff featuring Lea and Kairi would be interesting. Perhaps it could delve more into Lea and Isa's past. I've always wanted to know more about Isa. Just what the heck happened to make him change so much? I'm willing to bet his X-shaped scar was either Terranort or Xemnas's handiwork.[/collapse]

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
[Shrugs] At least Sora has redeeming qualities. While Riku makes up for his lone wolf attitude with intelligence, Sora makes up for his thickness with kindness.

And I have to agree about the drop gauge. I couldn't tell you how many times I've failed to finish off a boss simply because I ran out of time. While the Drop-Me-Nots help a ton, there are a limited amount of times you can use them mid-battle.

[collapse="Slight spoiler"]Come to think of it, I think a spinoff featuring Lea and Kairi would be interesting. Perhaps it could delve more into Lea and Isa's past. I've always wanted to know more about Isa. Just what the heck happened to make him change so much? I'm willing to bet his X-shaped scar was either Terranort or Xemnas's handiwork.[/collapse]
im guessing the whole having a part xheanort's heart in him was a factor

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@@BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.

Altais

Smash Champion
Added two news articles to the original post. I've no idea what it is, but apparently Big Hero 6 will be featured in KH3.

[EDIT] Keep in mind that Kingdom Hearts 2.9 is still just a "leak" and until there's concrete evidence should be taken with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Added two news articles to the original post. I've no idea what it is, but apparently Big Hero 6 will be featured in KH3.
what do you mean apparently? they confirmed at the end of last month it defiantly happeining

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Yes!!!! Finally I can replay Dream Drop Distance without having to go back to that garbage 3DS! Dreams do come tr- *PS4 ONLY*.
..... Well ****, looks like I'll be buying a PS4 earlier than I expected.

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
All this Kingdom Hearts news makes me really excited for Sora's possible inclusion. We're almost at the cut-off date for the Ballot. If Sora's gonna happen, there has to be one final push like there was at the very beginning with HMK's #Sora4Smash. It even got trending on Twitter. We should definitely try to push for more votes in some way.

Altais

Smash Champion
I'm still hoping KH3, along with the HD remakes, get ported to the NX. If that doesn't happen, I might just invest in a PS4, just to play KH3. [Shrugs] Truth be told, I was thinking about buying a PS4 since before KH3 was announced, but since the console isn't backwards compatible, I decided against it.

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
I'm still hoping KH3, along with the HD remakes, get ported to the NX. If that doesn't happen, I might just invest in a PS4, just to play KH3. [Shrugs] Truth be told, I was thinking about buying a PS4 since before KH3 was announced, but since the console isn't backwards compatible, I decided against it.
That's the number 1 thing I don't like about the PS4. I would absolutely buy it to play the HD remixes if I could, but I can't. I honestly don't want to buy a whole console for two games. I bought Wii U when it came out and it had limited games at the time, but I knew that there'd be games I'd want to play later. In this case, I don't really know.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Sora has my vote. I voted for Anna back when the ballot was first announced. My question is, will the recent vote for Sora cancel about my Anna vote since it was sent through the same phone or has the been enough time in between for both to count.
I don't believe in spamming votes so I made my votes sparingly.

Last edited:
Sora had my vote. I voted for Anna back when the ballot was first announced. My question is, will the recent vote for Sora cancel about my Anna vote since it was sent through the same phone or has the been enough time in between for both to count.
No one knows. At this point they could all count or only one. My money is that they all count based on the fact they want families to be able to vote but it is a guess.

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
Sora has my vote. I voted for Anna back when the ballot was first announced. My question is, will the recent vote for Sora cancel about my Anna vote since it was sent through the same phone or has the been enough time in between for both to count.
The rumor is that votes are based on IPs. If that's the case one vote per computer. Still, we don't know.

Altais

Smash Champion
Since people are going to bend the rules anyway, I think it would have just made more sense for them to say: "You may submit more than one vote. However, it cannot be for the same character." That way, I wouldn't have to invent a different nickname for every vote I submitted.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Since people are going to bend the rules anyway, I think it would have just made more sense for them to say: "You may submit more than one vote. However, it cannot be for the same character." That way, I wouldn't have to invent a different nickname for every vote I submitted.
Nickname? They ask you for that?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I take it you're both European. The North American site doesn't have that.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Ech I wish more developers did a "Pic of the Day" thing like Sakurai did. It would make the wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 more bearable. Just random snippets of information with a huge reveal every few months.

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
Ech I wish more developers did a "Pic of the Day" thing like Sakurai did. It would make the wait for Kingdom Hearts 3 more bearable. Just random snippets of information with a huge reveal every few months.
Well, Kingdom Hearts has delivered more news in the span of its reveal than Zelda Wii U.

Orchestrafanboy19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Orchestrafanboy
3DS FC
1435-5592-4731
Alright, here we go into the final stretch. If Sora's gonna get in, it's gotta happen soon.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I've thought that one cool thing Sora could do is have the Kingdom Hearts 2 MP bar visible above his damage percent like Little Mac's KO meter.
Without getting into too much detail on a moveset, Sora's Neutral B can perform Fire, Blizzard, Thunder (and maybe Aero) Magic by holding B and holding a direction before releasing. Fire is neutral, Blizzard is to the side, Thunder is up, and Aero could be the down input. Holding the B button charges up the magic to -ara and -aga types.

Sora's Down B could be Reflect magic which acts both as a Counter and Reflector, yet the move can't be spammed since it consumes MP.

The MP gauge depletes various amounts depending on the spell and how charged up the spell is. You can get MP back by damaging your opponent or taking damage (MP Rage). Draining your MP puts the gauge in the pink charge for a short amount of time leaving you unable to use magic. Somewhat like Robin's tome usage. Again, giving and receiving damage makes the charge go faster.

Might as well do the other two specials:
Sora's Up B is Aerial Slam. Sora does an upward slash like Marth/Lucina's. If it connects with an enemy, Sora knocks them up higher and, with a second input, teleports above them to slam them down. Is a meteor attack.

Sora's Side B is Strike Raid. Fairly basic, Sora throws his Keyblade forward and has it come back. Similar to Toon Link's boomerang. (Should it consume MP? I'll let you decide)

Sora's Final Smash is Eternal Session. Sora summons Riku similar to Robin's Pair Up. Sora and Riku float around freely and shoot out Dark Cannon by pressing the Special attack and Last Saber with the Standard attack. Part ways through, the Special shifts to Master Hearts and Standard input shifts to XIII blades. The attack ends with All's End.
http://www.khwiki.com/Eternal_Session
Here is the Wiki page for reference.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I finally got around to doing a Sunset Shores silhouette for Sora.

And... he came out really really well.

Double0Groove

Smash Ace
I've thought that one cool thing Sora could do is have the Kingdom Hearts 2 MP bar visible above his damage percent like Little Mac's KO meter.
Without getting into too much detail on a moveset, Sora's Neutral B can perform Fire, Blizzard, Thunder (and maybe Aero) Magic by holding B and holding a direction before releasing. Fire is neutral, Blizzard is to the side, Thunder is up, and Aero could be the down input. Holding the B button charges up the magic to -ara and -aga types.

Sora's Down B could be Reflect magic which acts both as a Counter and Reflector, yet the move can't be spammed since it consumes MP.

The MP gauge depletes various amounts depending on the spell and how charged up the spell is. You can get MP back by damaging your opponent or taking damage (MP Rage). Draining your MP puts the gauge in the pink charge for a short amount of time leaving you unable to use magic. Somewhat like Robin's tome usage. Again, giving and receiving damage makes the charge go faster.

Might as well do the other two specials:
Sora's Up B is Aerial Slam. Sora does an upward slash like Marth/Lucina's. If it connects with an enemy, Sora knocks them up higher and, with a second input, teleports above them to slam them down. Is a meteor attack.

Sora's Side B is Strike Raid. Fairly basic, Sora throws his Keyblade forward and has it come back. Similar to Toon Link's boomerang. (Should it consume MP? I'll let you decide)

Sora's Final Smash is Eternal Session. Sora summons Riku similar to Robin's Pair Up. Sora and Riku float around freely and shoot out Dark Cannon by pressing the Special attack and Last Saber with the Standard attack. Part ways through, the Special shifts to Master Hearts and Standard input shifts to XIII blades. The attack ends with All's End.
http://www.khwiki.com/Eternal_Session
Here is the Wiki page for reference.

What do you guys think?
No MP gauge. I say this for one reason: People already make the mistake of thinking that Sora would be a Robin clone, no need to add more ammo to those empty claims.

With that being said, I like your ideas. Even with the MP gauge concept, every thing seems extremely well balanced while giving Sora alot too work with.

Last edited:
Top Bottom