• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Muskegon House Tournament: RED Edition Results

RED6

Smash Apprentice
Hey, guys! My apologies to the players who came out to this for Melee. I had hoped for a larger attendance for the side event, but I felt the round robin was still a lot of fun. Congrats to JmanJ for winning every set and taking the pot, even if it wasn't much! xD
Also, Congrats to Lordy and Benji for wrecking through doubles and to Super for owning singles. All around great games!

I'd like to give a personal thanks to Legit, MMike, and Super as well for helping to pull this thing together when it seemed it might fall apart on us at times. Thanks guys!

Here are the results..

P:M Doubles

1. Lordy/Benji
2. Super/FZK
3. Artificial Flavor/JmanJ
4. Red/MMike
5. Root/Coldcut
5. Tbird/Csock
7. B-Flake/JTsm
7. McKillington/ManaX
9. Storm/A2
9. Robjoe/Flan
9. Legit/Sophy

P:M Singles

1. Super :sonic:
2. Benji :sheik:
3. Lordy :falcon:/ :ike:
4. fzk :lucas:
5. tbird :falcon:
5. root :sheilda:/ :diddy:
7. robjoe :charizard:
7. JTsm :snake:
9. AF :luigi:
9. MMike
9. McK :ness:
9. Red :sheilda:
13. Sophy
13. Coldcut :link2:
13. Storm :bowser2:/ :rob:
13. CSock :ganondorf:
17. Atila
17. Legit :gw:
17. Flan :snake:
17. B-Flake :lucario:
17. A2 :ganondorf:
17. Asa
17. ManaX :toonlink:

Overall, I had a lot of fun! I was thinking about running this again towards the end of July. It would run a lot smoother with all of the things I learned from running this for the first time, and I'm sure it'd be even more enjoyable. Does this sound like something people would be interested in? I was considering July 27th, but I have yet to see when other tournaments fall yet.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Me and Tbird placed 5th. I played Sheilda/Diddy, Tbird played Falcon.

McK played Ness. Coldcut played Link, maybe Fox or Falcon.

fZk

Smash Lord
These results don't look right. Was the bracket lost? Top 5 is correct, I think the other 7th was Flan instead of JTSM. Some of the characters I remember

1. Super:sonic:
2. Benji :sheik: /:bowser2:
3. Lordy :falcon:/ :ike:
4. fZk :lucas:
5. tbird :falcon:
5. root :sheilda: / :diddy:
7. robjoe :charizard:
7. Flan :snake:/ :peach:

I had a lot of fun at this, I'm glad I came out with Kyle. Sorry to the people I couldn't play that were asking me to, most of my time was playing bracket matches so I didn't get much time for friendlies. Shoutouts to one of the nastiest storms I've seen since I moved to MI and to Kyle for somehow stying on the road.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Had a ton of fun at this. NEEDS MORE MONEY MATCHES. Needs more crews. Needs more chronic. Needs more HYPE.

Next time we need to setup a grand master hype station. Probably in the dining room with the best TV in the venue and some foldup chairs.

1. Super :sonic:/ :sheik: GGs and good job. The next item on my shelf will be your head.
2. Benji :sheik:/ :bowser2: GET ****ING CARRIED *****
3. Lordy :falcon:/ :ike: Losing to bad Sheiks since the beginning of time :yeahboi:
4. fZk :lucas:GGs, you will kick my ass the next time we play Brawl
5. TBird :falcon:GRAND RAPIDS HYPE. TBIRD HYPE. Good **** losing to me in losers again :denzel:
5. root :sheilda: / :diddy:Tying with TBird? That's bad. EDIT: WTF I don't think we played a single game at this! Needs more money matches
7. Robjoe :charizard: GGs fun MM :cool:
7. JTsm :snake: GGs! That sexy Snake
9. AF :luigi2: GGs! Fun MMs and that Luigi makes me hot
9. MMike :?: Yooo. Top 3 finish imo. It was awesome hanging with you again
9. McK :ness2: Had a find time driving up with ya, keep at it
9. Red :sheilda: TBird hype. Thanks for hosting I had a blast! Fun MMs
13. Sophy :?: Great seeing you as always ;)
13. Coldcut :link2: COLD CUT COMBO HYPE. Get stoned
13. Storm :?: Don't think I played you! GGs
13. CSock :ganondorf: Let's see more top 5
17. Atila :?: Fun hanging out. Don't think we played. GGs anyway
17. Legit :gw: Fun hanging out :yeahboi: see you again soon and use more :dedede: bair
17. Flan :snake: Fun MM :p
17. B-Flake :lucario: Let's see some more combos into top 13
17. A2 :?: Fun MM, thanks for having everyone over!
17. Asa :?: Didn't get to play you :( GGs
17. ManaX :?: Fun set :p

Special Shoutous:

DRDN :?: WHERE WERE YOU. We are running Brawl next time so come up.
TechChase :dedede: / :wario: WTF?
Jason_Baniukaitis :bowser2: It's money match time soon. We might have a mini smashfest 6/23, you should get over here.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Pretty sure Robjoe got 9th? I know I saved the bracket as best I could when it was still in the middle, I wonder if it never got saved again and was lost? I can help reconstruct it.

...Again. Still, Everyone is sort of there so at least we can do shoutouts.

P:M Singles

1. Super :sonic: - Gonna get bodied next tourney. Man builds a better bracket than fighting a better fight.
2. Benji :sheik: - Gonna body the next tourney.
3. Lordy :falcon:/ :ike: - Too scrub. Needs more Quick Draw to become not scrub.
4. fZk - :lucas: - It was fun teaming with you, but somehow I don't think our characters mesh well as teammates. We just don't cover each others faults very well, even though the DACUS was always, ALWAYS amusing.
5. TBird :falcon:- Yo. Show up that Lordy next time. Show him your knees.
5. root :diddy:/ :sheik: / :fox: - Yooo, break that curse. Wish we could have played more, to be honest. Maybe Coldcut's tournament, huh?
7. Flan~ :snake:- Snake. Snake! Snaaaahhhhh-key. Yo, keep showing everyone up with those mines. Ya did good, kid. Ya did real good.
7. Robjoe :charizard:- I don't think... you got 7th? I dunno. Keep working on your 'Zard. Don't lose to scrubs like Lordy.
9. JTsm - Get bodied by a real snake. Good to see you're improving though. You're much better now than you were at the last Lordy's.
9. MMike - This man takes the name MoneyMatchMike and then refuses to Money Match Me.
9. McK - Glad to see you come out to this.
9. Red - Toooooo gooooooood. But you can't keep dropping games, grabs, brackets... =P Still the most fun player to fight in West MI. :marthmelee:I wear your grandad's clothes. I look amazing. :marthmelee:
13. Sophy - I rooted for you, then you lost. Then it kept happening for whomever I rooted for. Even root. Obviously this is your fault.
13. Coldcut - You surprised me how skilled you were with Link... bodied my random, that's for sure...
13. Storm - :bowser2:<-- This is how you win. This is how you lose. --> :rob:
13. CSock - Still one of the best names in West MI.
17. Atila - Glad you could make it out. Good Melee games.
17. Legit - Good to see ya again, what few times I did. I swear sometimes I didn't even know you were there.
17. B-Flake - Good to see ya again. I know your name is Beefflake... but I can't understand why.
17. A2 - Get that last place status. Now if only you could stop pulling an A2.
17. Asa - Not sure who this was...?
17. ManaX - London! Too legit staying at your place. Can't believe I slept so well on what basically amounted to a mat on top of an iron bar. Thanks for the host, even if parking under your tree did kill my power windows.

Again, thanks for everyone who came out and gave me money. I can't wait to see how everyone improves by the next tournament.

whitmorethetoadpirate

Smash Apprentice
2. Benji :sheik: - Gonna body the next tourney.
3. Lordy :falcon:/ :ike: - Too scrub. Needs more Quick Draw to become not scrub.
LOL, love it.

2. Benji :sheik:/ :bowser2: GET ****ING CARRIED *****
OLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO, INSTANT LIKE, +1000 REP, +10000 HYPE BONUS, ULTRA PERFECT FINISH KO.

Also, shoutouts.

1. Super :sonic:/ :sheik: - Great games, taking WFs to game 5 was intense, wish we could have played out GFs but I'm dumb and don't know how to read work schedules. GGs, should have MM'd/played some more friendlies.
2. Benji :sheik:/ :bowser2:/:wolf: - Needs to john less, get less salty, and take the game a bit less seriously.
3. Lordy :falcon:/ :ike: - The worst Ike in existence. Get 3-0'd. Should go home and be a family man. But seriously, amazing job in doubles and you just need to watch out for my grabs and pressure my shield a bit better. Learn to use QD, even if it does have a long start up time. Once you get used to using it you'll be taking 1st at every tourney in no time.
4. fZk :lucas:- Didn't get to play you since you left early and I had to go to work, bracket takes sooooo long. GGs in doubles though, always impressed with your Lucas, especially how on point your tech skill is.
5. TBird :falcon:- Fishhat OP. If I hold a tournament, I'm banning it.
5. root :sheilda: / :diddy:-Hype ass Diddy Boozer match. Glad we played that instead of Sheik ditto. I need to work on my Wolf since your Fox is destroying it. Next time we play, we should play spacies.
7. Robjoe :charizard: - Wish we could have Puff ditto'd. Oh well D:
7. JTsm :snake: - Damn son, didn't expect you to **** my Mario so hard. I wanted to go Wolf but didn't want to risk it. Close games, next time hopefully I'll catch on to Snake's tricks faster.
9. AF :luigi: - Good MM, I love melee so much but I just don't get the chance to play it all that often. Luigi wavedash sooooooo fast.
9. MMike :?: - Holy ****, you finished top 10? (not saying you're bad, just didn't see any games >.>) Good ****, too bad I couldn't stay for DK dittos
9. McK :ness: - Good, good, let the salt flow through you. Really intense game against Robjo, good job pulling out the win.
9. Red :sheilda: - Good MM, great tourney. Hope to make it to the next one (and actually finish the bracket out).
13. Sophy :?: - Yo son, you gonna hook me up with that weeaboo ****?
13. Coldcut :link2: - Nice job in doubles and singles from what I saw.
13. Storm :?: - Didn't play against you, unfortunate.
13. CSock :ganondorf: - Don't know what to say, unfortunate.
17. Atila :?: - Don't know who you are, didn't play against you, doubly unfortunate.
17. Legit :gw: - L-Cancel for #1 in the world.
17. Flan :snake: - Hype Snake dittos, wish more people would have seen them. Didn't get to play you at all D:
17. B-Flake :lucario: - Magic series OP, nerfs plox.
17. A2 :?: - Your Ganon can become godly, just gotta practice a bit more. Np.
17. Asa :?: - DIdn't play against you, unfortunate.
17. ManaX :?: - Didn't play against you, unfortunate.

So yeah, need to make sure that I actually get the day off of work before I go to a tourney so I can stay the whole time and not miss the 3AM DK dittos. Also, I played Wolf against Super Game 1 in GFs.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
1. Super :sonic:/ :sheik: - Congrats on another win. Grand Rapids is coming for your head ;) Hope I get to play some more friendlies with you next time we meet.
2. Benji :sheik:/ :bowser2:/:wolf: - Great games, also definitely glad we didn't Sheik ditto. Can we like never do that again ever?
3. Lordy :falcon:/ :ike: - Yo I'll come money match you next time I'm around downtown. Learn how to Quick Draw. :)
4. fZk :lucas:- Great games, that 0-70% in game 3 that ended in DACUS nearly made me **** myself. Next time I won't let you off so easy! :p
5. TBird :falcon:- Yoooo we tied? :O Good stuff dude I'm glad you stuck with PM and your Falcon is getting pretty good.
5. root :sheilda: / :diddy:Definitely glad that I have a character that isn't Sheik now. Wish I could have been in the money, but I think I put up a pretty good fight :)
7. Robjoe :charizard: - lol probably shouldn't warm up on a money match but ggs anyway :)
7. JTsm :snake: - Glad you keep coming out to West MI. I love chilling with you. Don't think we got to play much so next time let's get some games in.

9. MMike :?: - NEEDS MOAR MONEY MATCH sorry I had to dip out early =/
9. McK :ness: - Good **** dude, you've improved immensely. Looking forward to further progress.
9. Red :sheilda: - Thanks for hosting, good tourney. Good game too, at least Sheilda v Sheilda is way less gay than Sheik v Sheik hahaha
13. Sophy :?: - Dude I love you.
13. Coldcut :link2: - We've got a little work to do if we're gonna team still, but overall good stuff. Looking forward to Coldcut v1!
13. Storm :bowser2: /:rob: - dude I wanna fight your bowser lol. Shoutouts to being crammed in RED's room though :denzel:
13. CSock :ganondorf: - Come to Lordy's so we can MM
17. Atila :?: - Nice to meet you! I'm so unaware of who lives in Muskegon lol
17. Legit :gw: - I wanna see your GnW swag its way to first place
17. Flan :snake: - Don't think we played. Plz feed me sum snakez.
17. B-Flake :lucario: - Whoa lucario? OKAY. See you at Lordy's :)
17. A2 :ganondorf: - I'm sorry :(
17. ManaX :?: - Your Toon Link actually scared me for a little bit in our MM. Keep working :)

Artificial Flavour

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts to everyone I played. I suck at names.

Shoutouts to that gay Captain Falcon main. Lord Ball sack or something like that.

Shoutouts to letting a couple of Melee guys take 3rd in teams.

Also, thanks for hosting Red.

RED6

Smash Apprentice
The bracket was lost, but I had saved it during the middle of the tournament. I thought I had filled the rest of it out correctly though. Did Flan not lose to McKillington in loser's? I thought McKillington had made a run through losers until losing to Robjoe. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

Next time, I'll for sure have all of the info saved though. TioPro was rather foreign to me at the time of this tournament and I got confused at times.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Pretty sure Flan beat Artificial Flavor, because he's the one who fought and subsequently beat Jtsm in bracket. And fZk beat Robjoe in Loser's. Sooo... yeah. Send me the TioPro file and I'll see if I can't fix up the bracket.

....Again.

RED6

Smash Apprentice
So.. uhh i don't got a save file of it. I was just gonna go off of this image...

...I love you?

xD

fZk

Smash Lord
Pretty sure Flan beat Artificial Flavor, because he's the one who fought and subsequently beat Jtsm in bracket. And fZk beat Robjoe in Loser's. Sooo... yeah. Send me the TioPro file and I'll see if I can't fix up the bracket.

....Again.

No, I didn't play Robjoe. Flan beat JTSM, who got 9th, and then I beat Flan making him 7th. That means Flan for sure beat AF.

The rest of my bracket is correct. Winners: bye --> TBird --> Lordy . Losers: MMike --> Flan --> Root --> mother****ing Lord Helmet.

whitmorethetoadpirate

Smash Apprentice

....Again.
Yeah, actually McK beat Robjoe in LB, I remember that set. Really close.

Yoooo! Where is it gonna beeee, I'm super open now.
I would assume it'll be at Lordy's new place. If you want the address it's 625 Jackson, Grand Rapids. Hope he doesn't care that I'm giving out his home address.

Nice shoutout bro.

NoNameNessMain

Smash Rookie
The bracket was lost, but I had saved it during the middle of the tournament. I thought I had filled the rest of it out correctly though. Did Flan not lose to McKillington in loser's? I thought McKillington had made a run through losers until losing to Robjoe. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though.

Next time, I'll for sure have all of the info saved though. TioPro was rather foreign to me at the time of this tournament and I got confused at times.
I lost to tbird, actually. Robjoe and I had a very close set but I won 2-1. Props to tbird for being my first and last opponent without being the only one I faced.

Props to Ctrl-S for preventing bracket loss.

SophyBer

Smash Apprentice
Dead last? My life is shirt.
>shirt
Yes, yes is.

Had a ton of fun at this. NEEDS MORE MONEY MATCHES. Needs more crews. Needs more chronic. Needs more HYPE.
Next time we need to setup a grand master hype station. Probably in the dining room with the best TV in the venue and some foldup chairs.
Agreed. Next REDfest I'll see to it that RED has me informed about the event weeks prior and that I'm actually ready to help out. We'll try to be as cool and official as possible. Lol

13. Sophy :?: - Yo son, you gonna hook me up with that weeaboo ****?
Riiiiiiiiight.
Ay', add me on FB and I'll hook you up. I'm hookin' up JTsm as well so at the time being it looks like I am THEE anime guy.
Hahahaaa.

Add me on FB.
https://www.facebook.com/SophyBer
Anyone, anyone add me on FB.
I can't be bothered to do specific shoutouts, mostly person I'm a FAAAG, but here's what I've got for shoutouts and this goes for everyone.

I'LL PAINT THE TOWN RED- er... uhhh... BLUE I MEAN, BLUUUUE!

Top Bottom