• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Multiple TV/Cap Card on a Single gamecube

BranFlakes217

Smash Cadet
NNID
Bran-Flakes217
So, in my school i might start a Smash club where we play Melee and stuff. And i wanted to maybe also have a stream, but i wanted to stream it and play on one of the projectors in the room. My friend has the GameCube with the Digital output and is it possible to have a Capture card read the Digital signal and have it on the projector at the same time?

Kadano

Magical Express
So, in my school i might start a Smash club where we play Melee and stuff. And i wanted to maybe also have a stream, but i wanted to stream it and play on one of the projectors in the room. My friend has the GameCube with the Digital output and is it possible to have a Capture card read the Digital signal and have it on the projector at the same time?
Yup, I do it very similarly.

Gamecube with Digital output → Gamecube digital cable (modded for RGBHV/VGA video output) → Extron VGA distribution amplifier (4 outputs) → 3 PC CRT monitors, one capture card (StarTech PEXHDCAP). If your projector has a VGA (D-SUB HD15) input, it’s plug-and-play with that kind of setup, really.

This uses analog video, though. Work is still being done on always keeping the Gamecube’s video in digital format, but there is no consumer product (yet).

Last edited:
Top Bottom