• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[MU] Mega Man

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
Self explanatory I practice with a decent amount of Mega Man mains about three and they beat me every time any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

O1DsLeNdYwHiTe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARKANSAS-Gamer
I don't really have top-level experience in this MU other than one Megaman main I play on occasion, but here's how I see it being played.

From how I see it, Megaman plays fairly similar to Link in some aspects. He's a character that is very projectile heavy, but has the tools to play aggressive effectively if necessary. With that being said, this MU is usually narrowed down to who spaces the other out more efficiently. Let me just say this, "bombs". Bombs eat through a majority of Megaman's projectiles because of their amazing priority data, so I think they should be utilized often in this MU. The only acception is the metal blade, which vary in dominance between the two projectiles.

Zair seems effective in this MU as well. Use it to approach, retreat, and space the blue bomber out.

I don't know...I could use more experience in this MU.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
I played vyQ the German Villager who apparently has a pocket Megaman (that is common with Villager players for some reason). The man destroyed me, is all I can report. Megaman can pressure our shield really easily and the grab pay-off is amazing due to our bad weight. There's no way we can outcamp his far more versatile projectiles, but mid-range with soft bomb used effectively we could get the edge. That is where I was most comfortable.

Last edited:

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
Take their spacing game is far superior to mine, I would
argue they mostly use projectiles on me to go for grabs then rack up that percent and finally wait for a back throw or back aerial. Maybe I'm just bad but I cant seem to find a way to approach, z-air they will just throw their neutral b angled towards me, boomerang will be canceled or shielded. I have not tried bombs though so maybe that will help. In the close range game they will go for grabs or wall me out with their neutral A and walking neutral A (or is that forward tilt). Sorry, but can I ask what are soft bombs? Or should or I just go and look through the meta game thread? Sorry, new to competitive smash here.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
Take their spacing game is far superior to mine I would
argue they mostly use projectiles on me to go for grabs then rack up that percent then wait for a back throw or back airial and maybe I'm just bad but I cant seem to find a way to approach z-air they will just through their neutral b angled at me boomerang will be canceled or shielded I have not try bombs though so maybe that will help in the close range game they will go for grabs or wall me out with their neutral A and walking neutral A (or is that forward tilt) sorry but can I ask what are soft bombs or should or I just go and look through the meta game thread sorry new to competitive smash
Please use full stops and sentences. It's really hard to understand your post when you write like this.

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
I don't know if I like having to set my tilt to C but I also don't see how that will help with Megaman. (not to be rude) Will it help with pressuring him to move or approach since it will stop his use of projectiles and give Link an opening? Ordinary thrown bombs I think will help in the same way unless its more the fact that it will cause him to move I'm guessing. But if our bombs beat out most of his projectiles wouldn't they do the same effect but while racking up damage and setting him up for potential follow ups?

I see what you mean Elessar, I will try to correct my grammar with my posts to make them easier to follow. If you guys comprehend me better maybe you can help me better too right?

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
I see what you mean Elessar, I will try to correct my grammar with my posts to make them easier to follow. If you guys comprehend me better maybe you can help me better too right?
Exactly. Also, the idea behind a soft thrown bomb is to have it lie on the ground and give you stage control. Also to have it stop other projectiles since it's an active hitbox.

BaPTraPLaP

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BaPTraPLaP
Ah I see, in fact Volcanic Doomfire said that also I just didn't see it. So we can get stage control which does give us an advantage; I don't know how big against a character like Mega Man but at least it's there.

Last edited:

Elessar

Nouyons TO
NNID
Veritiel
3DS FC
3711-8466-0515
You gotta take any and every opportunity or chance to get the upper hand, it doesn't matter what it is.

Batu

Smash Journeyman
NNID
drlight33
Is not just the fact that the bomb is right there. The main thing here is that with an active hitbox righ in front of then you are limiting they moves and options to react to any other proyectile/move that you are going to do, that can give you a opening to punish every mistake. If you are aproaching try not to dash, instead use walk cuz the hylian shield can protect you from a lot of his projectiles or use the dash and perfect shield with a bomb in hand, and when you are close enough blow their face out and follow up with fsmash/DA or use Nair/Zair if they have good porcentage. Dont be predictable move more specially when you are pulling a bomb out, cuz if they have a read, are going to grab you and punish you for that. Try to see videos of this MU, that is going to help you a lot, other thing i do when im having problems with a spesific MU is use that character to get a better understanding of his movements and exploid more in deep his weakness. Hope you understand, my english is bad. :)

TrevyTrev

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TrevyTrev510
Recently played a Megaman on Anthers ladder. It was close but I kept getting bull**** stage spikes with his downair....just couldn't get around that. Add that with him racking up damage with his pew pew gun and other projectiles it's just annoying. I think the best thing to do is just space him out since our projectiles have more range.

Top Bottom