• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wiimm's WiFi Server for Brawl and other games (and potentially Project M)

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Currently, you need Homebrew to use this server.

The Server: http://wiimmfi.profeibe.at/

Server Statistics Page: http://nas.wiimmfi.de/stat

Error Codes: http://nas.wiimmfi.de/error

Wiki Page: http://wiki.tockdom.com/wiki/Wiimmfi-Patcher

Direct Patcher/Forum Link: http://forum.wii-homebrew.com/board...r/?s=049aa72b5258ece1d89d3b3af8c81d46b9ff4dd7

Mr Bean's Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJHZj5w83vg

Mr Bean's Tutorial on how to play on the server: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqFtklrXY9M

-----

PidgeZero's Guide: http://smashboards.com/threads/guid...own-read-this-right-now.355374/#post-16748326

Smashboard's News Article: http://smashboards.com/threads/possible-brawl-and-project-m-wi-fi-play-solution-created.355381/

SmashCentralOfficial's Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0rhaW8DvQc

I am not sure if Project M would be able to work with this or not, but I thought it still would've been nice to inform everyone about it at least. Friendcodes will, apparently, only be taken until May 18th CET.

Sorry if this is spam. If so, please move this information to another thread, or delete it.

Last edited:

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
It is a server that people can use to play Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, and other games even after Nintendo shuts down WiFi for said games. MrBean is a hacker I have known for some time, and he made CTGP Revolution. This is something I felt like posting for anyone who wishes to register on his server, so that they can potentially play Smash (and by extension Project M?) online.

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
If it's possible to make your own version of WFC, no doubt this guy won't be the only person to run one.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Please note that if you don't do this, all it means is that you can't use your old FCs. You can still create a new one and use that instead, though. On Mario Kart, that'd mean creating a new license, which means you wouldn't have anything unlocked! It really depends how much you care about that.
He's pretty much saying that if you want to keep your old friend code you have to tell him ahead of time.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
EDIT: I was wrong and didn't understand how profiles worked; ignore this post

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
It seems the issue is that your friend code is tied to your save file, so he'd have to know your friend codes so he can reserve them for you. Otherwise you'll get a new code when you connect to his server with a clean save file.

It seems like you don't have to create an account to give your code so I guess there's no harm in doing it.

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I don't play Mario Kart Wii but I'm willing to test it via the new friend codes he will be making from what it seems.

When it's all done, I'll register with someone else and we'll see if its any gud.

Shin F.

Smash Master
I am not sure if Project M would be able to work with this or not
Just wanted to say, Project M should work with this just as Brawl would since the mods would exist locally on each system independent of the servers, and only inputs are sent through Brawl's online mode. Even without the NWC (IE, using these new servers), that wouldn't change.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
It seems you might need a mod though for your wii.

I don't think its as simple as adding your code and just hit connect to WFC.

seems like i'm stuck without wi-fi then.

Wii U MK 8 it is, thanks for the tag though.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord

I don't think its as simple as adding your code and just hit connect to WFC.

seems like i'm stuck without wi-fi then.

Wii U MK 8 it is, thanks for the tag though.
It isn't? WHAT MUST I DO?!?!?!?!?!

Do I need homebrew for this?

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
The only modding I can see that might be needed is some Gecko codes to replace the old WFC IP address with the new one.

Project M already runs like a bazillion gecko codes, it'd be trivial for them to add one more (or for you to add it yourself to the files on your SD card). You shouldn't need the homebrew channel that I can see.

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
jsyk, just using the brawl server would work just like normal. use the wi-fi safe option, pick "RSBE01" when you ask for yr FC

Last edited:

Y-L

Smash Champion
Or you can just play on netplay assuming you don't have a dinosaur computer

Last edited:

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Last edited:

Paradoxium

Smash Master
Even after I bodied all of you at that last wifi tournament you still want to keep playing? XD

If this is any good you can expect Papa Paradox to come back, and maybe I could have the chance to expose some of the tier list speculation theory crafters, but that's only if they don't ***** about the delay this time

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Whatchu mean pay? If you got a pc, just do it!
Last I checked in order to netplay you have to have Dolphin running at 60 FPS on project M or Desyncs are inevitable.

The computer I use is not strong enough to run Dolphin at that level to my knowledge.

3GB of ram, 2.75 able to be used, along with 2.8 GHz of processing speed.
Amd Athlon II X2 240 (Which just happens to be not very good for Dolphin)

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
Even after I bodied all of you at that last wifi tournament you still want to keep playing? XD

If this is any good you can expect Papa Paradox to come back, and maybe I could have the chance to expose some of the tier list speculation theory crafters, but that's only if they don't ***** about the delay this time
Shadow is bad. Umad
Last I checked in order to netplay you have to have Dolphin running at 60 FPS on project M or Desyncs are inevitable.

The computer I use is not strong enough to run Dolphin at that level to my knowledge.

3GB of ram, 2.75 able to be used, along with 2.8 GHz of processing speed.
Amd Athlon II X2 240 (Which just happens to be not very good for Dolphin)
I think I know what your asking for from Santa this year ;)

Paradoxium

Smash Master
We never played.
I was referring to everyone I beat on some wifi tournament a few months ago, i was high as balls and was kind of annoying everyone lol. They wanted me to lose but i somehow ended up winning, and left everyone this message expressing my gratitude,

Hey guys, Paradoxium here. I just want to let all of you know that we had a good tournament run, filled with upsets and comebacks alike. We had a good bracket filled with worthy contenders. Even though i took first, i want to let all of you know that i couldn't have done it without the long hours of practice you have given me, and the extensive match-up knowledge i have received when playing you guys. All of you will be great smashers one day, better than i could ever hope to be. I just want to say gg to all, you are all great players and i look forward to playing you all again in the future!

Now if i was a liar that's what i would probably say, but im not
so.......

BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yep that's my life story

Last edited:

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I think I know what your asking for from Santa this year ;)
It will be sooner than that.

It's just not time yet...

I'm tired of getting 12 FPS in online games that I can play, and not even being able to play certain games.

most notable example.
Tera - On lowest after modifying files for maximum performance the FPS of the CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN is about 10 FPS

Y-L

Smash Champion
It will be sooner than that.

It's just not time yet...

I'm tired of getting 12 FPS in online games that I can play, and not even being able to play certain games.

most notable example.
Tera - On lowest after modifying files for maximum performance the FPS of the CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN is about 10 FPS
Pentium G3220 is like $50 and will run PM full speed. Just throwin that out there 8)
My Athlon 750k runs it at full speed as well.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
Pentium G3220 is like $50 and will run PM full speed. Just throwin that out there 8)
My Athlon 750k runs it at full speed as well.
I'd netplay, but I'd rather not pay to be able to play project M with friends.

When I get a new computer, I will get netplay. It's not my primary concern though. The computer I get will just happen to be strong enough to run it.

Paradoxium

Smash Master
When I get a new computer, I will get netplay. It's not my primary concern though. The computer I get will just happen to be strong enough to run it.
You should try it out, back when i did i played some LEGIT a$$ people. You could learn a thing or two, because some people on there are hidden pros. I would not be surprised to see randoms come out of nowhere and start beating high level players and placing well in tournaments

Tryst

Smash Ace
NNID
Skolar
3DS FC
2750-1644-8369
If this actually works and is not incredibly laggy, that'd be the best thing in a while. Anyone know how to actually connect to the servers or if they are up yet?

Last edited:

ItsRainingGravy

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-5960-2538-9300
Mr Bean will be posting another video near the deadline date (May 18th), explaining how to connect to their servers and when they are ready. No other details are known yet, though.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I'm writing a guide for this. Will be up later today!

Top Bottom