• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mr. Traveler, Quote, for SM4SH DLC!! [Feel free to lend a vote!]

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
No it was much earlier

Probably

Because I never heard of that boss

SpiderJerusalem

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NewBabel
3DS FC
4124-5499-0990
Aight you know what Cave Story is in my top 5 favorite games ever and I would love Quote. Is it gonna happen? Unlikely. But I'll support it

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
When you have a guy named SpiderJerusalem supporting you how could you seriously not be likely??

I have added you to the Quote of Supporters.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Cave Story representation in Smash!? Sign me up. Especially if his appearance is based off his artwork, and NOT his Cave Story 3D model.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Was this ever brought up before?

It'd be interesting if this was referencing Cave Story, especially since Sakurai was the director for the development of this game (Kid Icarus: Uprising) as well. Although, it's not definitive.

At the end of Pit's (Kid Icarus') trophy description in Melee, it says "will he ever fight again?" Lo and behold, Pit was introduced in Smash for Brawl. Point being, Sakurai (while he has his fair share of trolling moments), also has an interesting way with potentially giving hints. At least, in my opinion.

Last edited:

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Was this ever brought up before?

It'd be interesting if this was referencing Cave Story, especially since Sakurai was the director for the development of this game (Kid Icarus: Uprising) as well. Although, it's not definitive.

At the end of Pit's (Kid Icarus') trophy description in Melee, it says "will he ever fight again?" Lo and behold, Pit was introduced in Smash for Brawl. Point being, Sakurai (while he has his fair share of trolling moments), also has an interesting way with potentially giving hints. At least, in my opinion.
Seems legit. Also, Quote/Curly is the new Official Pairing now more than ever XD.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Seems legit. Also, Quote/Curly is the new Official Pairing now more than ever XD.
If Quote has any chances of getting in, he'd probably be a hidden character, not revealed until after the game's release. If Nintendo wanted a freeware/indie game/eShop representative, it could probably be Quote seeing how many different ports it got for Nintendo consoles (and how successful they were).

Besides, Dillon has been announced for assist trophy, and he's from an eShop software for the 3DS (which I consider his inclusion badass, of course). I'd say that helps Quote's chances, theoretically.

Yet I still completely doubt Quote's inclusion; it would definitely be left-field to see him in. Then again... *looks at the Wii Fit Trainer*

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Me and my bro were just talking via Steam about a possible interesting fight mechanic for Quote:

Like Little Mac's Power Meter, what if Quote could have a level up bar above his damage HUD? Hitting opponents will drop exp to level up his weapons (as for his rotation specials, they level up the rotation currently equipped). Quote would only lose some exp (probably roughly 30-50% total exp) for his weapons upon being KO'd, not upon receiving damage (as that would be too difficult to power up since you'll be hit frequently). Also, it's a little bit like Lucario's functionality, except Quote can carry over some of that power/exp even after being KO'd.

It could have potential, if balanced of course.

EDIT: apologies for double-post. I'll avoid this in the future.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Not interested as in he won't let him in even if he's asked, or not interested as in he's not going to seek it out and try not to make it happen?

I'd bet the latter.

Stage4Boss

Smash Cadet
I have been supporting Quote as a smash character since before Brawl. Ever since i got the Booster 2.0 in one of my playthroughs of the game I have loved the idea of his inclusion as sort of a very floaty, ariel camper with a ton of projectile options.

Glad to see some others are with me on it, though I am not crazy about the complexity of the proposed moveset.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Quote would be a great edition to Smash. The majority of his games have appeared on Nintendo consoles and has been helping Nintendo with Eshop sales.

I say he is deserving.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Y'know, Quote would be a perfect left-field character to announce at E3 (or even keep secret). Who would expect him?

For Nintendo, he'd represent the eShop. He'd also be a third party character.

RHMarshal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Pulserider
[collapse="title"] Heres my moveset. Jab:Kings sword
Quote pulls out kings sword and hits 3 times. he only has the king sword out when he uses the attack. All tilts are kings sword in that direction except for down tilt. he just spins the sword while doing downtilt. air tilts are the same. Specials B Would be taking out the machine gun and shooting. if you hold it you shoot continustly. It does low damage. Side special is A Level 3 polar star shot. charging it will be a weaker spur shot. Down special is Bubbler/bubbline. where he puts the bubble sheild arond him. up B Is the booster 2.0. He jets up with the booster. 2 boosts. Final smash:Running Hell/Blood Stained Sancuary. Curly brace appears and goes on quotes back. when ever quote attacks curly shoots a powerful shot behind quote. Misc:Grab would be using the tow rope. it could be a tether grab as well. Taunt: Up d paD:Quote looks at the map system. other taunts i will maybe make later. Home stage could be the balcony. the music could be moonsong,plantion/cavestory theme or final battle [/collapse]

Stage4Boss

Smash Cadet
Y'know, Quote would be a perfect left-field character to announce at E3 (or even keep secret). Who would expect him?

For Nintendo, he'd represent the eShop. He'd also be a third party character.
Indeed he would. In fact, as has been mentioned in this great thread, he would be the perfect candidate to represent indie games on the whole. His game has only ever appeared for profit on a nintendo console, his game feels like a nintendo IP, and he has such a great variety of attacks that we could probably talk for hours about potential movesets.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Aw shucks, I wouldn't say the thread is really that great.

So I've heard that Cave Story 3D will finally be making it's eShop debut after the game was released a few years ago as a GameStop exclusive. So that's pretty neat! I never bought Cave Story 3D, mostly because I wasn't too fond of the art style they were going for. But hey if you want to see Cave Story in full 3D (and I mean characters, environments, and everything) you have something to look forward too!
Also, I don't know about you guys, but I know who I'm going to use as my Mii Gunner. You can probably guess who though.

Last edited:

TP8bitPyro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TPPyro
I got a lot of hope for quote and bandana dee to appear. but I'm not holding my breath...

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hey guys, how would Quote's moveset classify according to this list? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Hey guys, how would Quote's moveset classify according to this list? (hybrid classes are possible):

Zoner - Character whose strength lies in forcing their opponent to stay in a certain area. Ex: :4marth:

Ranger - Character whose strength lies in their ranged attacks to force opponents to keep their distance. Ex: :4link:

Speedster - Character whose strength lies in their speed and ability to overwhelm their opponents with relentless attacks. Ex: :4pikachu:

Trickster - Character whose strength lies in a quirky moveset that is hard to predict and can alter the battle field. Ex: :4villager:

Bruiser - Character whose strength lies in devastating attacks to quickly finish off opponents. Ex: :4falcon:

Resistor - Character whose strength lies in super armor that allows them to tank hits to strike down opponents. Ex: :4bowser:

Puppeteer - Character whose strength lies in overwhelming opponents with relentless attacks stopping opponents from striking back. Strength in numbers. Ex: :rosalina:

Juggler - Character whose strength lies in being able to string combos together to finish off opponents. Ex: :4luigi:
Well I've always liked to imagine Quote's moveset kinda act a little like a mix of Trickster and Ranger.
How would Quote deal with characters that follow the Resistor mold, like :4bowser:?
Like Det's moveset on the OP suggests, I think Quote would utilize everything in his aresenal, so weapon rotations that contain the strong items (such as Quote's Missile Launcher, the Nemesis, King's Sword, etc.) would overpower that super armor Resistors have. Quote, like Villager and Mega Man, would use his inventory to the fullest- and I don't even think it should just be limited to his weapons! Quote could easily utilize objects found in his inventory like the Tow Rope, Whimsical Star, Booster, the Sprinkler and even Mr. Little, among other things, to aid him in battle.
Nobody deserves grief for wanting Quote in the game. I support the cause of this thread.
Welcome to the quote of the Quote supporters.

Last edited:

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
Didn't know there was a thread for Quote... Though I should have guessed. There's a thread for everyone!:)

I actually had the idea for an indie character to be included quite awhile ago, and Quote was my absolute first choice. I remember posting something about it on miiverse, though the idea immediately got shot down...:( well, that's miiverse for ya. At least there are people here who understand how cool that would be...

So getting to the point... I support. If not as a character, at least as an assist... C'mon, Sakurai, show the indies some love!

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
So getting to the point... I support. If not as a character, at least as an assist... C'mon, Sakurai, show the indies some love!
Well with Rayman, let's hope for a trophy at the very least!
Quote, Shantae, Commander Video, Shovel Knight, give me anybody indie but Meat Boy and the Fez guy and I'll be even more in your debt Sakurai!!!

Also, I'll be adding you to the quote of Quote's supporters.

On a side note, I've also added @ IvanQuote IvanQuote to the supporters' quote because he seems to like Quote and his signature contains Quote so forgive me for being so bold to add you without your permission.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Long time, no post.

Here's something I found hilarious/interesting. You can ignore it if you've seen it already.

It seems Daisuke was inspired by an old Folk song for Jenka's theme.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Here is extreme proof of quote in smash bros:

Mario is in smash.
Mario was with a game with Square Enix's Mascots (mario sports mix)
Square Enix had a game with Disney character.
a Disney Channel show had a Cave Story cameo.
Quote is in Cave Story
Quote is in smash!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I really hope that Quote gets at the very least a trophy in one pic of the day, that would be truly hype!
The Gunner Mii is probably the closest we'll get to a playable Quote.

Last edited:

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Perhaps there will be more indie support for Sma5h?

I feel that an indie character---who has had representation on a Nintendo console---would be amazing to have in Smash, at least in one of its iterations. It would be a great opportunity to shed light on a venue of games (Indie games) to those who might be unaware of. Smash certainly raises awareness for franchises that were previously lesser known (i.e. Earthbound/Mother, Fire Emblem, Kid Icarus, and now potentially Xenoblade and/or Rhythm Heaven; it really is quite remarkable...).

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Actually, now that I think about it, one time for Halloween for cave story+ they had all the main characters wear Halloween costumes.

This was Sue's:

Craxian

Smash Rookie
I would love to see Quote in Smash Bros, but sadly, it doesn't look like he has much of a chance.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I swear, if quote got even a trophy I would flip the **** out!

that means he would probably have a fancy model made specifically for smash bros! the idea of that makes me happy.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
DLC is a thing! And Quote probably won't be a part of that thing!

So rip us! But use this topic to discuss anything Cave Story related, such as any Mii Fighters you created using any of the characters from said franchise!!

Top Bottom