• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Moving to SoCal

How crazy is Jace for giving everything up to try to make it in a ridiculously competitive industry?

• Total voters

Jace08

Smash Lord
What's up west coast! You probably don't know me, but I feel that I already know you after watching so many of your tournament videos.

So I'm moving to SoCal to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. I've got a film degree and enough money saved.

Where exactly I move to is mainly why I'm posting here. I'm fine with living anywhere near the Los Angeles area. And while I could find an apartment and hope the random people in it are cool, I figured it'd be better to hit up the smashers first. I mean, who wouldn't want to live with smashers, right?

So if you live near the LA area and have some space for another tenant, or you know of someone who does, please let me know. We can start working out the details right away.

Also, this is a long shot but if any of you happen to know anyone trustworthy who's selling a decent car for under $6500, please let me know and that'd be a big help to me as well.

I'll post this in the general socal fb group too. If there's a specific fb group I should be hitting up, just tell me. I look forward to joining the local scene!

D

Deleted member

boooo move to norcal so i can wreck your falcon some more - AZ

UGCgamer

Smash Apprentice
Hey Jace08, have you found a place to settle down yet?We recently opened a 3,000 sq. ft. venue in Panorama City. 9 miles away from Burbank, 15 miles away from Los Angeles, and 20 miles away from Valencia. We have (7) CRT TV's, (1) Nintendo Gamecube, and (5) Nintendo Wii. We host SSBM/SSBB tourney biweekly on Saturday at 12:00 pm. We've been active on www.shoryuken.com and posting our results there, but we also wanted to personally reach out to you guys on SmashBoards : )

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...ltimate-gaming-center-in-panorama-city#latest

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...eekly-saturday-tourney-panorama-city-ca?new=1

http://forums.shoryuken.com/discuss...turday-tourney-results-panorama-city-ca?new=1

This Saturday 03-29-14 we are hosting SSBM at 12:00 pm. It'll be great to see you here.

http://smashboards.com/threads/818-the-valley-ultimate-gaming-center-in-los-angeles-ca.350884/

Last edited:

Jace08

Smash Lord
I'm not quite there yet, I still have some planning to do. But I do love tournies so that looks like something I'll be a part of

MUNK

Smash Rookie
Hey Jace, I'm moving to SoCal around late June to early July. Unfortunately I have a roommate squared away but since I'll also be new to the LA area hit me up. You could chill at our place and play smash whenever. We'll have every smash: 64, melee, brawl, and PM.

Oh and we're 420 friendly so yeah, hit me up.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Cool man! Yeah we should play some smash when you get here to sure. The scene is really welcoming so you'll like it here

Vegan

Smash Rookie
What's up west coast! You probably don't know me, but I feel that I already know you after watching so many of your tournament videos.

So I'm moving to SoCal to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. I've got a film degree and enough money saved.

Where exactly I move to is mainly why I'm posting here. I'm fine with living anywhere near the Los Angeles area. And while I could find an apartment and hope the random people in it are cool, I figured it'd be better to hit up the smashers first. I mean, who wouldn't want to live with smashers, right?

So if you live near the LA area and have some space for another tenant, or you know of someone who does, please let me know. We can start working out the details right away.

Also, this is a long shot but if any of you happen to know anyone trustworthy who's selling a decent car for under $6500, please let me know and that'd be a big help to me as well.

I'll post this in the general socal fb group too. If there's a specific fb group I should be hitting up, just tell me. I look forward to joining the local scene!
good luck bro, I'm in the industry and I've seen a lot of out state folks come here and struggle, it happens all the time. remember to have a good work ethic, show up early, be reliable to your boss. that'll get you re-hired.

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
You can find a great car for waaaay less than $6500, by the way. Particularly if you have cash.

My buddy has found two sick cars on CL for $1500 (apiece). Reliable late-'90s model Honda. Persistence will net you a great deal.

Jace08

Smash Lord
Simple but sage advice, Vegan. I'll definitely keep that in mind

Shadrach luckily I did just recently find a decent deal on a car and bought it for $1500. So I'm happy with it. It did need about $500 bucks worth of repairs though, but now it's in good shape

Top Bottom