• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mother Series's Eternal Villain - Porky Support Thread (New Ownership!)

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I decided to read through some earlier posts in the thread - I can't say I support the Doc Ock idea, just because it doesn't feel right to have Porky move or do much of anything under his own power. Remember that this is the man who refused to put stairs in the Empire Porky Building because they "mocked him".

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
- I can't say I support the Doc Ock idea, just because .... this is the man who refused to put stairs in the Empire Porky Building because they "mocked him".
I'm for just about anything except for the bed mech. It's clearly huge, and it would just seem weird shrinking it down. The Doc Ock legs I don't hate, but I don't particularly like. First of all, your point and they're non-canon. While they have broken canon before, let's not hope for that.

The form I AM in particular favor of, is the floating mech he used in the fight against Giygas. That one is really the only one that makes sense in a hand-to-hand combat situation.

(also, where in the game does it say that? I'm pretty sure I talked to everyone in Mother 3 and that doesn't ring the slightest of bells.)

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
I might be misremembering the dialogue.
The bed mech isn't really that huge - assuming Lucas is the same size in Brawl as he is in Mother 3, it's about the size of Bowser, maybe even a hair smaller. They inexplicably sized it WAY up for Brawl, probably to make it more imposing.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I might be misremembering the dialogue.
The bed mech isn't really that huge - assuming Lucas is the same size in Brawl as he is in Mother 3, it's about the size of Bowser, maybe even a hair smaller. They inexplicably sized it WAY up for Brawl, probably to make it more imposing.
Although I agree with you for the size-up in Brawl, it's still pretty big...

It would take some doing to realistically launch and inhale that thing. Not necessarily saying it's flat-out impossible, I just personally think the Giygas battle mech would translate and work better.

(also updated song list and supporter list)

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Updated OP with supporters FalKoopa forgot to add when he was the owner.

Needed a reason to bump the thread.
Long live the Pig King!

toadster101

Banned via Warnings
NNID
toadster101
3DS FC
1891-1323-0892
Sign me up, fellas. I could never say no to another villain.

PigmaskColonel

Smash Journeyman
Although I agree with you for the size-up in Brawl, it's still pretty big... It would take some doing to realistically launch and inhale that thing. Not necessarily saying it's flat-out impossible, I just personally think the Giygas battle mech would translate and work better.
Just gonna leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYcj4CpzqSo

Seriously, Smash Bros. Crusade proves that the Bed Mech is very well viable.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Just gonna leave this here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYcj4CpzqSo

Seriously, Smash Bros. Crusade proves that the Bed Mech is very well viable.
I see where you're coming from, but it still seems a bit awkward and odd. And if it looks weird as pixels, imagine how it would look as a 3D render ...

I can see it working, I just see the spider mech working better

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
:4ness:

yep 1 is just too much for me to handle
Don't sweat it. We all have our different opinions and there are endless candidates. ...Although I DO feel the Mother series has enough credit to deserve at least two reps.

Also updated the OP a bit.

Last edited:
NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Whoops guess I did forget xD Still, I would really love Porky. He's really iconic for a Nintendo villain among the RPG community.
Definitely one of the more unique villains ('cept he's another fatty.) with a spectacular character, indeed! I could really go on for a while. He's really my #1 favorite video game character.

Has some fantastic music taste, as well. Too bad Sakurai never really seems to notice.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
Definitely one of the more unique villains ('cept he's another fatty.) with a spectacular character, indeed! I could really go on for a while. He's really my #1 favorite video game character.

Has some fantastic music taste, as well. Too bad Sakurai never really seems to notice.
I'm still angry about Porky Means Business being absent. I also always imagine Sakurai to go for another mech fighter like Bowser Jr. as Porky really is another bratty, fat, lazy jerk. I could see the mechs he creates or the pack idea becoming a moveset base.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
I'm still angry about Porky Means Business being absent. I also always imagine Sakurai to go for another mech fighter like Bowser Jr. as Porky really is another bratty, fat, lazy jerk. I could see the mechs he creates or the pack idea becoming a moveset base.
Honestly, I would be happy with another stage other than Onett. Bring back Fourside, or a fight in the spooky, scary Osohe Castle or the underground caves at the end of the game. The stage hazards and ambiance would be great...
Those would make some damn cool stages.

But yes... For a series known for its music, Sakurai sure isn't keen on showing the reason why its known for said music. There are so many better tracks. Like the Bus theme, the Hotel theme, any and all Porky Themes (except for the one he actually chose), the Green Train theme... Oh goodness.

Last edited:

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
To be fair, a lot of Mother music doesn't really fit Smash. Otherworldly Foe, for instance, would be kind of hard to make work for fighting game music.

That said, I was really hoping for a Dangerous Foe/Sanctuary Guardian remix.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
To be fair, a lot of Mother music doesn't really fit Smash. Otherworldly Foe, for instance, would be kind of hard to make work for fighting game music.

Honestly, any track can be remixed to fit smash in the hands of the right composers. I can see Otherworldy Foe become more energetic in a techno remix.

Honestly, I would be happy with another stage other than Onett. Bring back Fourside, or a fight in the spooky, scary Osohe Castle or the underground caves at the end of the game. The stage hazards and ambiance would be great...
Those would make some damn cool stages.

But yes... For a series known for its music, Sakurai sure isn't keen on showing the reason why its known for said music. There are so many better tracks. Like the Bus theme, the Hotel theme, any and all Porky Themes (except for the one he actually chose), the Green Train theme... Oh goodness.
I always thought Saturn Valley was the obvious choice for a stage imo. Really shows off the bizarre themes in the Mother series.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Magicant was pretty great, but it's 3DS-exclusive...

I'd like to see a different Mother 1 stage, honestly. Podunk Zoo or Youngtown could work.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110

Like I said... Most Porky themes would do nicely. Or maybe the Skyrunner would be pretty cool if done right. Monkey's Delivery Service? Green Train? Hard Rain? So many possibilities... You also have to think about other songs that don't seem like battle themes at all... the original Stickerbrush Symphony is incredibly slow and melancholy... Most all the Kirby songs... etc, etc, etc.

A proper remix can make just about anything--

Honestly, any track can be remixed to fit smash in the hands of the right composers.
Dangit.

I always thought Saturn Valley was the obvious choice for a stage imo. Really shows off the bizarre themes in the Mother series.
And holy cow, I didn't even think about that! That would make a pretty cool stage. I wonder what the Saturn Valley remix would sound like...

I'd like to see a different Mother 1 stage, honestly. Podunk Zoo or Youngtown could work.
Magicant really grew on me, although I have mixed feelings about it... I wonder if I had never played the Mother games, would I ever play on that stage...? Also, while the music was good, it just felt really out of place for a battle setting, which proves Lilfut's point in a way... However, I feel the type of stage they chose did not allow battle-y type remixes... Which is too bad.

Last edited:

winged hero

Smash Rookie

A podunk zoo stage would be cool and
starman jr could show up and shoot beams at you.
mt itoi would be a awesome stage too.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Mt. Itoi brings up too many bad memories for those who have played Mother 1, plus it's honestly kind of a bland area.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Why should KK Slider be the only concert in Smash? I'd play a stage with the Runaway Five Jamming in the background.

That said the most iconic areas I remember in Earthbound (other than Fourside and Onett) were Saturn Valley and Stonehenge. I did like the fact that the early towns were numbered Onett, Twoson, Threed, Fourside though, and that kind of makes me want Threed a little.

But really, it's all about Stonehenge for me. Especially if I get a Nessie or Bubble Monkey cameo.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Why should KK Slider be the only concert in Smash? I'd play a stage with the Runaway Five Jamming in the background.
I never thought of that. That would be very cool!

However, I worry about all the copyright issues they would have to once again get past for the second time, and that makes me think it's a bit more unlikely. Still, a very cool idea. Maybe DCMC, what with the fewer copyright references...?

But really, it's all about Stonehenge for me. Especially if I get a Nessie or Bubble Monkey cameo.
Geez, didn't think of that either! I guess I'm just all about Mother3... What if rather than just Stonehenge, it could be an entire Winters stage? It's all such a neat area... The Lab, the Lake, Brickroad, Stonehenge... It could be like Delfino Plaza or Skyloft in terms of how the stage works. You'll start out boarding Tessie, and you'll ride around on the Lake on Tessie, and then you'll be dropped off at Stonehenge, where you fight both on the ground and on the tops of the stones, and it would loop back by fighting on Bubble Monkey's floating bubbles.
I can't really think how to efficiently incorporate Brickroad and the Lab, though...

Omega stage would just be on top of Stonehenge, I suppose. How's that sounding?

Last edited:

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Yay this thread's active again! Add me to the list of supporters I would love to see Porky join the battle
But I'm torn between the earthbound mech or the doc ock style Porky, mech would be cool but I think the doc ock thing would be easier to translate with the mech as his final smash

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Yay this thread's active again! Add me to the list of supporters I would love to see Porky join the battle
But I'm torn between the earthbound mech or the doc ock style Porky, mech would be cool but I think the doc ock thing would be easier to translate with the mech as his final smash
You have no idea how happy I am that someone dusted off this thread.
You've been added.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Doc Ock Porky ideas:

The neutral B would be fury attack (like the mii swordsman's charge attack where it can be charged up and they will fly in the inputted direction while slashing wildly)Custom variants would be charge forward (flies further but deals less damage) and tear into (deals more damage but travels a shorter distance).

Side B could be laser (can be charged but not stored works like Greninja's shuriken but with electrical properties and is an orb) custom variants could be quick laser (quick, travels far but less damage) heavy laser (stronger, shorter travels distance and larger knockback) and stun laser (same as orginal but less damage and stuns).

Up B could be surprise attack, something akin to the tradition of final/penultimate bosses having intangible attacks (moves like Pikachu's up B but has explosive properties when he reappears after teleporting like Sheik's) custom variants could be elemental surprise (random element properties instead of explosions, random damage and knockback) and speedy surprise ( deals no damage but travels further).

Down B could be mini porky (like bowser jr's mecha koopa but chases opponents down and explodes when it gets them and they cannot be picked up, however they are inconsistent because they can sometimes trip and explode before they reach their target) custom variants could be hyper mini porky (move faster deals more damage but more likely to trip) careful mini porky (slower deals less damage but less likely to trip) and adamant mini porky ( while moves the same pace as the original deals more damage but is as likely to trip as the original.

Final smash being the mech (the machine on Porky's back transforms into the mech and he jumps inside) his B moves will be slightly different, the laser is larger and stronger the teleport is replaced with a jumping slam attack which grounds if hitting a target below, the fury slash will have a larger hitbox and deal more damage and can summon two mini porkys at a time, smash attacks and stuff remain the same or similar to fit the mech's movement style.

Misc:
Taunts- Porky does handstands with the mech legs, porkys laughs and pulls out food and eats it (has a 1/128 chance to heal small amounts of damage (max 10 min 2), Porky stick out his tongue (same as taunt in mech)
Entry animation- a void appears depicting giygas and Porkys materialises in the same way he does when he appears at the final battle in Earthbound
Victory animations- a mini porky bring over food only to to tacked out of the way and the food being snatched from it, Porkys throws a Ness voodoo doll and catches it twice in his hand and on the third throw crushes it in his grip while the head shoots off, Porky hops into his mech, laughs and teleports away.
Victory fanfare- a segment of "His Highness theme" or a segment from "Pokey means business!"

GerbilCrab475

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GerbilCrab
3DS FC
1246-8834-9360
Porky would make another good vehicle fighter. Preferably in his spider mech from Earthbound. It's the smaller of the two and since Porky is still a kid in that instance would actually only be around Bowser's size if not slightly larger.

The only problem I can see is making an up smash.

NNID
UncleCubone
3DS FC
3539-9630-7110
Porky would make another good vehicle fighter. Preferably in his spider mech from Earthbound. It's the smaller of the two and since Porky is still a kid in that instance would actually only be around Bowser's size if not slightly larger.

The only problem I can see is making an up smash.
This thread was revived? Wowee.

I prefer the spider-mech as well. Although I think finding a suitable up-smash is the least of Porky's problems. There are a lot of things he could do for an up-smash, honestly.

SuperMrpingpong

Smash Journeyman
Palutena guidance for Porky:

Pit: Um, wouldn't it make me a bully if I beat up a little kid.

Viridi: Well, judging the two people in question, he'd be the one to bully you.

Pit: What's that supposed to mean?!

Palutena: She has a point Pit, this is no ordinary human, he's the meanest, most trouble making boy ever, Porky Minch.

Pit: Porky huh? Well I guess he does look like a Porky, anyway what's this guy's deal?

Palutena: Porky was once Ness' neighbour and supposed best friend, while Ness set out on his adventure Porky would be working behind the scenes to impede his progress, as Ness journeyed, Porky resurfaced as a high priest of a cult, an advisor for a business executive, the right hand man of the embodiment of evil and in another time became a king.

Pit: Wow, I'd love to see this guy's résumé, but how does he fight?

Palutena: Porky has all sorts of tricks up his sleeves including summoning Mini Porkies, using the large mechanical legs on his back to attack and using lasers, also if he gets his grubby hands on a smash ball, he can transform the mech on his back into a battle machine to cause even more mischief.

Pit: So I guess what I have to do is keep away from him and wail on him from a distance,that shouldn't be so hard I mean look at him, the little chubster probably couldn't go five minutes without getting tired and wanting a burger!

Viridi: Well I guess you and him have something in common, huh Pit?

Pit: Hey! I can think without using my stomach! (Although a double cheese would be great right about now...)

Palutena: That could work, however once he gets going Porky can actually move faster than his rival Ness and may become a pain to shake off, but the bottom line is he's nothing to take lightly, be careful Pit, he's a very bad boy.

I don't really know the kid icarus source material very well but whatever

Last edited:
Top Bottom