• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mother of the Cosmos: Rosalina [General/Social] Thread (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Don't get me wrong, Rosalina is the most beautiful/adorable/sexy of the bunch, I just won't get my hopes up.

Then again, despite her appearing in a lot lately, I try to not get my hopes up for her appearing in anything in any form.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Aside from what was already pointed out, am rather iffy/in-between on the thought of Bayonetta having a Rosalina costume myself. Part of me might like it but at the same time it would still be cringeworthy most likely.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I personally don't want to see a Rosalina costume, but a part of me feels like it's possible and they could do it. I just hope they don't, it's not very fitting to Rosalina's personality. I'm fine with any other female character.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Yeah, but then again Bayonetta is nothing like Princess Peach. I could see it happening, but I don't want it to.

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
So I think we all can agree that we don't want a Rosalina costume for Bayonetta but it's most likely she will get one.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I want a Rosalina costume in Bayonetta, provided it's good. They must carry over her hair at least, it's Rosie's defining feature. I'm OK with the idea in general since it's not actually Rosalina, and even if it were, it would be a non canon parody. It's not even a homage like the Link costume in Sonic Lost World. Bayonetta's costumes are straight up parody. I mean, we get to see Bowser crush things to a bloody pulp with the Peach costume.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
OH GOD THERE'S ANOTHER ONE OF THESE

#TOADETTESTURNTUP

(Bad language warning, for those who are sensitive to it)

I almost want to make a response video to these from Rosalina's POV.

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
OH GOD THERE'S ANOTHER ONE OF THESE

#TOADETTESTURNTUP

(Bad language warning, for those who are sensitive to it)

I almost want to make a response video to these from Rosalina's POV.
That guy is just butthurt because Rosalina got in smash. I also saw his daisy one he just desperate.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know, I just find them hilarious (and the sincerity of them makes them all the funnier).

Also, I did a thing - if anyone ever tries to tell you Rosalina is just "Blue Peach", here, show them this:

Laniv

Smash Champion
I know, I just find them hilarious (and the sincerity of them makes them all the funnier).

Also, I did a thing - if anyone ever tries to tell you Rosalina is just "Blue Peach", here, show them this:

That first pic reminds me of Sam Sparks from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballls.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So after today's "Pic of the Day", it got me thinking about other character alts. I think it's possible that Rosalina & Peach would get a Fire costume, complete with ponytail. It's also possible that Peach would get a complete Daisy model with voices too (just like how Dark Pit is possible, except not a reskin). Another thing that's also possible is Rosalina having her Cosmic Spirit A.K.A Cosmolina costume too.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I can see the Cosmic Spirit being a simple texture swap, much like Wireframe Mac (which was never a real alt costume, just a mere texture swap). As far as alt costume go for Rosalina, I'd like something based off her outfit as a child, or her biker outfit.

-------------

I did another Rosalina speed run in 3D World. The more exploration based levels are fun to speed run.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Was your Speed Run of Star-8 power-up less? Because that's the point of my Rosalina Speed Runs, to showcase just how fast she can go without exploiting the Cat and Tanooki Suit (since Toad and Peach utilise them best anyway).

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Was your Speed Run of Star-8 power-up less? Because that's the point of my Rosalina Speed Runs, to showcase just how fast she can go without exploiting the Cat and Tanooki Suit (since Toad and Peach utilise them best anyway).
Yup, no power ups with Rosalina. That's how I prefer to play her anyways.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Woah, how did you manage to cut that whole 9 seconds off? o_O

I could definitely cut about 3 seconds off my current best, but there must be a huge secret you discovered.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
So after today's "Pic of the Day", it got me thinking about other character alts. I think it's possible that Rosalina & Peach would get a Fire costume, complete with ponytail. It's also possible that Peach would get a complete Daisy model with voices too (just like how Dark Pit is possible, except not a reskin). Another thing that's also possible is Rosalina having her Cosmic Spirit A.K.A Cosmolina costume too.
I would absolutely love to see this as an alt. It would look so cool! But, it would look a bit strange on the Mario Galaxy and Rainbow Road stages.

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23
That probably the only alternative costume she can have. The biker suit just doesn't suit Rosalina in smash and I can't think of anything else.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Woah, how did you manage to cut that whole 9 seconds off? o_O

I could definitely cut about 3 seconds off my current best, but there must be a huge secret you discovered.
Looking at your video, here's what you could have done to shave off more time:

1st Key: You can side-flip and Spin Jump off the cloud to get it faster instead of climbing up the tree.
Next, go through the door on the right instead of getting the Key that's closest to the exit box. You're on the balcony now, so get the Key. Afterwards, simply go for the Key behind the brick-blocks.
Now for the last Key, what you wanna do is groundpound right under its shadow (the big-blocks can be hit / extended without the POW block.)

Second Part (NOT NECESSARY): Now instead of crossing the gaps by going to the bottom one then to the raft, you can simply skip the bottom one entirely. Rosalina can make it from the 1st snow platform to the 3rd snow platform (where the Clock is). I'm suggesting this because for me, at least, it's usually easier.

Apart from that, everything else in the video was just fine. I think after the checkpoint, instead of jumping diagonally to the Boos, you could go straight (I don't know if it's faster though).

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Looking at your video, here's what you could have done to shave off more time:

1st Key: You can side-flip and Spin Jump off the cloud to get it faster instead of climbing up the tree.
Next, go through the door on the right instead of getting the Key that's closest to the exit box. You're on the balcony now, so get the Key. Afterwards, simply go for the Key behind the brick-blocks.
Now for the last Key, what you wanna do is groundpound right under its shadow (the big-blocks can be hit / extended without the POW block.)

Second Part (NOT NECESSARY): Now instead of crossing the gaps by going to the bottom one then to the raft, you can simply skip the bottom one entirely. Rosalina can make it from the 1st snow platform to the 3rd snow platform (where the Clock is). I'm suggesting this because for me, at least, it's usually easier.

Apart from that, everything else in the video was just fine. I think after the checkpoint, instead of jumping diagonally to the Boos, you could go straight (I don't know if it's faster though).
I think the thing about ground pounding the big blocks was the biggest thing. I had no idea you could do that if they are invisible.

Also, I'm assuming going through doors freezes time? I jumped up the the balcony manually because it felt like it went by quicker in real time.

But yeah, thanks for these tips, they'll probably help me in other levels too!

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That probably the only alternative costume she can have. The biker suit just doesn't suit Rosalina in smash and I can't think of anything else.
There's also the Fire Rosalina power-up, where her hair is given a ponytail. Of course, all palette swaps use the exact same bone structure, so the ponytail would prove to be a problem in that dilemma.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
Double Post Warning Received
There's also the Fire Rosalina power-up, where her hair is given a ponytail. Of course, all palette swaps use the exact same bone structure, so the ponytail would prove to be a problem in that dilemma.
Okay, let's say Rosalina's hair consists of two bones. Could they reuse those same two bones for her pontail? I think it's possible since they'd only have to apply a different animation for the hair only. But if the animations are like Brawls (BrawlBox), it could be a problem since each animation uses all the bones (Peach's hair for each animation is pretty much used across the board) and completely remaking the same animations + the new way characters face the screen in Wii U would be impossible with time constraints.

I think the thing about ground pounding the big blocks was the biggest thing. I had no idea you could do that if they are invisible.

Also, I'm assuming going through doors freezes time? I jumped up the the balcony manually because it felt like it went by quicker in real time.

But yeah, thanks for these tips, they'll probably help me in other levels too!
Technically, the big blocks aren't invisible, they are just covered by the fog (hence the level's name). If they were invisible, you'd have to hit their underside to reveal them, just like hidden 1-UP blocks. Also, I'm pretty sure the doors do freeze time when you go in them, but it could only be on levels like Shifty Boo Mansion since the doors lead to different areas, just like how taking Warp Pipes temporarily freezes time.

Glad I could help. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
the new way characters face the screen in Wii U would be impossible with time constraints.
This is moot for Rosalina though, as she is one of the characters that doesn't always face the screen. When you are facing right, her back is to the camera.

Technically, the big blocks aren't invisible, they are just covered by the fog (hence the level's name). If they were invisible, you'd have to hit their underside to reveal them, just like hidden 1-UP blocks. Also, I'm pretty sure the doors do freeze time when you go in them, but it could only be on levels like Shifty Boo Mansion since the doors lead to different areas, just like how taking Warp Pipes temporarily freezes time.

Glad I could help. :)
Well, I mean, they aren't solid , as you can still walk through. Unless they are hidden under the snow or something.

But yeah, I'll have to play around in that level again, thanks!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
This is moot for Rosalina though, as she is one of the characters that doesn't always face the screen. When you are facing right, her back is to the camera.

Well, I mean, they aren't solid , as you can still walk through. Unless they are hidden under the snow or something.

But yeah, I'll have to play around in that level again, thanks!
Let me know if going through the door freezes time in that level. I just wanna make sure I'm right about what I stated on them.
And again, you're welcome!

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Welp I threw this together. Sakurai pretty much confirmed there are more costumes to be revealed and this one seems like it has a good chance to show up for Rosalina.
"There are many things, like Link's Skyward Sword tunic design I posted earlier, that haven't been revealed yet."

Edit: Fixed a few things on the picture.

Last edited:

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Welp I threw this together. Sakurai pretty much confirmed there are more costumes to be revealed and this one seems like it has a good chance to show up for Rosalina.
"There are many things, like Link's Skyward Sword tunic design I posted earlier, that haven't been revealed yet."

I swear, for whatever reason, that Rosalina reminds me of Mrs.Claus.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298

Okay, now that's really great. I'm saving this. :)

I swear, for whatever reason, that Rosalina reminds me of Mrs.Claus.
Well the color scheme is reminiscent of Mrs.Claus herself, so I don't see why it wouldn't remind you of her.

Last edited:

Gravitational23

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gravitational23

Amazing work :) after looking at this I want a fire suit Rosalina in smash.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Let me know if going through the door freezes time in that level. I just wanna make sure I'm right about what I stated on them.
And again, you're welcome!
I was just trying to improve my time, and the doors in that level don't seem to freeze the timer. However, they are faster than my fancy "jump up to the balcony" method, since the door that brings you up to the balcony is closer to the third key than the balcony itself is to it.

Managed to wittle my time down to 81 seconds, though I want to see if I can get it to 79 tomorrow.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Huh, the new PotD... Not the kind of red alt I would've wanted like Fire Rosalina, but at least it's something I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom