• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mortality eSports Sponsors Axe!

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Today it was announced that the professional gaming organization "Mortality eSports" will be adding Axe to their SSB player division. The Arizona native will join Chu-Dat on the team and looks to follow up on the success he had at MLG Anaheim this weekend at Evo 2014. Axe has been making waves in the community, especially after defeating Hungrybox to qualify for a top 5 placement at MLG, and it is great to see him get the recognition he deserves.

Axe celebrating his qualification into the Top 5 of MLG Anaheim's Melee Singles Event

The announcement was public via youtube on the MOR channel, check out the video made by papapaint:

Axe is the undisputed best Melee Pikachu in the world, and a fan favorite for his fearless play-style. We look forward to seeing him compete at future events and congratulate him on his recent sponsorship!

Last edited:

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
How do you make Pikachu this good you may ask? It's the Axe effect.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Aw, I was really hoping he'd be sponsored by Axe body spray

They missed a golden opportunity for Axe | Axe

Last edited:

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Congrats to Axe! About time this wonderful smasher got sponsered. Looking forward to see Ice Climbers/Pikachu team in doubles.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
This guy and its god-like Pikachu make me want to play smash bros and use Pikachu again and again. Just like my old melee days. Good luck my Pikachu trainer.

Remo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dekonic
While I don't like Axe as a player or a person I bid him congratulations. Hopefully this is the boost he needs to break Top 5 consistently.

Top Bottom