• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MM14 Results

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Brawl Singles
1: Dazwa ($266.40)
2: Omegablackmage ($237.60)
3: Darc ($216.00)
4: Nuro ($0.00)
5: Buuman
5: P.C. Chris
7: Kevin/Bizkit
7: Eric Geller
9: Fatal
9: Green Ace
9: JJ Wolf
9: Fuzzy
13: Xfro
13: Kownt
13: JL
13: Blood Cross
17: Chowy
17: Gravy 0085
17: fires on playgrounds
17: alukard
17: JoeST
17: Soma
17: Pwngepolice
17: Nick Stamatis
25: Peach kid
25: Hayato
25: dj nintendo
25: Captain Awesome
25: Solid Jake
25: Mini
25: reno
25: Electro Blade
33: Radiation
33: If the watchman movie sucks, im going to be the angriest blackman you'll ever see.
33: Aqua
33: Boar
33: Boxman
33: Haggs
33: Sean
33: King J
33: war
33: Etherlight
33: Major Gamer 14
33: feather
33: honkey mcgoo
33: Roy
33: aids
33: eve
49: Atticus
49: Oak
49: Parlock
49: Almo
49: Games and Goodies
49: Jester
49: Ryan Man
49: Danny
49: Dream Sythe
49: Copacetic
49: Chewman
49: Phil
49: scar
49: Wow owned
49: Ningar
49: Megaman 087
65: Rainy
65: Ben
65: William
65: Crimson
65: Beef
65: Lance Vance
65: S.B. Soldier
65: Zstrike
65: Chris
65: LT
65: Cogsmooch
65: Alex
65: KC 24
65: Nicholas
65: Kaizo
65: Doug
65: Rogue
65: KN
65: Breeman
65: MPG
65: Carlos
65: Ryan S
65: Michael
65: BeaST
65: Beebop
65: Humpy Thrashabout
65: Elegost
65: Thunderpup
65: junei
65: Slash
65: Riot
97: Mike Santos
97: battletoads loves muffins
97: waffle
97: OSM
97: Ice
97: Patric
97: Mr. Escalator
97: Arno
97: takc
97: Hotdogturtle
97: Andrew
97: Justin

Melee Doubles
1: Here's comes a brand new flavor in your ear (pc + cort) ($136.40)
2: Rush Hour 4 (KDJ + Marcus) ($74.40)
3: Ethiopian Iguanas (DJ Nintendo + Cactuar) ($24.80)
4: Have you met Scar? (Scar + Wife ****NN) ($0.00)
5: Inui + Atomsk (Darc + Dazwa)
5: Fudgepacker Joe (RaynEx + Euphoria)
7: Razz (Reno + Hazzard)
7: Darcs hair is wrong (G$ + Alukard)
9: Kits too goot (Eve + Hayato)
9: PINK FLUFFY BUNNIES (The Mana Lord + SOLAR)
9: too manly for brawl (elen + trees)
9: fleshwang (banks + thorn)
13: Russian Rainbow (Roman + Kyu Puff)
13: Snowfall (Snow + Fall)
13: That's what she said (Pine + Purple Cobra)
13: Megatron willl kill anybody for no reason (trademark + mike$)
17: Phony Baloney Mustache From The Phony Baloney Mustache Emporium (Aoi + Lord Beard)
17: Paradox (Skler + Variola)
17: At least one of us has a clue (KevinM + HaileyM)
17: Happy Feet (Ricky + MJ)
17: I lost to someone called Schminkledorf
17: Hylian Shield (Carlos + RIEL)
17: Taxes (401k + WT)
17: Hey Darc Korean pops sucks (Feather + waffu)
25: I don't even know (S.B.Soldier + Ninjr)
25: Joe Criminals (Sprucetengoo + gornekk)
25: chuck norris (mike + kris)
25: Buffalo Bill
25: Teammandog
25: The Jonas Brothers (Cogsmooch + Questor)
25: green monster (Marcus' son + friend)

Melee Singles
1: PC Chris($220.00)
2: Darc($120.00)
3: RaynEX($60.00)
4: Korean DJ
5: Wife
5: th0rn
7: Banks
7: Cactuar
9: Pine
9: euphoria
9: AOI
9: Scar
13: kwan
13: DJ Nintendo
13: kevin M
13: kyu puffffff
17: assman
17: Ogami Itto
17: Mana Lord
17: sai
17: 401k
17: mike money
17: MelvinK - Zoso
17: SOLAR
25: yedi
25: Trees
25: Pixel
25: roman
25: xander
25: zenmaster
25: Trademark
25: spife the pony of death
33: irish mafia
33: lamp
33: HaileyM
33: adhdfoy
33: parlnock
33: CHEWMAN
33: don
33: H&R BLOCKED
33: Purple Cobra
33: n2
33: fax
33: arc
33: Ogami Daigoro
33: proverbs
33: s.b.soldier
33: Flow
49: pepi
49: pof
49: i.h.o.p. ness
49: njl
49: Feryx
49: Riel
49: Ccab
49: almo

If there are any mistakes in this let me know.

Elen

Smash Lord
Not the first post :< I met a lot of cool people at the tournament. Raynex, Wife, and Kwan were all really friendly guys. Shout outs later possibly.

Spife

Smash Master
Matt you made a mistake, you put Spife next to 25th instead of last pla- LOLO JKJKJK NOT THIS TIME YOU ****ING MELEE TOURNAMENT! NOT THIS TIME!
Incidentally, I've not placed last before due to byes. Noice noice.
Shouties later, although I forget names and will be mixing things up, maybe I'll just talk about experiences wiht no names then people can lay claim in their own minds. I need sleep x-x

Banks: thanks for the "hanging out" time, also, hi banks

Buuman

Smash Ace
By any chance matt are you going to put up the character used for the top 10-20 for brawl results? I know most of them if you are.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Since people are planning to put up matched from this, could you guys post your youtube account here whatever once you do. I would like to watch, but I am not friends with you people on youtube so I won't know where to go.

thanks.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Honestly, I will probably not be coming to Mass Madness anymore until some things change.

About the seeding issues... Matt I know you were very tired and basically didn't get to play at all at this, but making sure that people are seeded properly is ultimately your responsibility, even if you have other people doing the seeding. I'm sure you were in a hurry to get the tournaments going quickly due to time constraints, but taking a look at the bracket and seeing how it might play out before starting the tournament is a necessity.

I was also displeased by the setup situation. During the short time between Brawl Singles starting and Melee Doubles starting, there were two Melee setups in the back, and around 20-30 people around them, some waiting for their names to be called for the Brawl tournament.

We all know that Brawl requires many setups and takes a ridiculous amount of time to do, but this means that more Brawl players need to step up and bring more setups. The ratio of total Brawl players to Brawl players that bring setups was terrible. Something needs to be done about this. I would suggest threatening to drop an event altogether, or limiting the number of entrants for an event, but these would probably be too extreme to enact.

All in all, I had a fun time with the people there, although I wasn't able to play nearly as much as I would have liked.

Much love to Maine, New Hampshire, and Massachusetts.

New York, Pennsylvania, and Maryland are too good.

*Too lazy to do shoutouts johns*

Edit: I forgot Connecticut, silly me.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
What was the big deal with seeding?
Scar and Cactuar playing each other 2-3 rounds into losers? It's not like you could see that coming from the start.

Someone just lay out the issues and I'll try and fix them.

Also Brawl sucks, you're 100% right on the lack of brawl setups by brawl players. I got a good suggestion of doing a melee MM then 2 weeks or something later do a Brawl MM.

Maybe a bit longer in between

Buuman

Smash Ace
Alright, well

Dazwa used - Zero suit samus, from what I saw, he can add if he wants when he sees this
OBM - game and watch
Darc - Marth and falco
Nuro - snake
Buuman - King Dedede
PC - snake
7: Kevin/Bizkit - Snake
7: Eric Geller -?
9: Fatal - Snake/rob
9: Green Ace - yoshi
9: JJ Wolf - wolf
9: Fuzzy - lucas
13: Xfro
13: Kownt
13: JL
13: Blood Cross
17: Chowy
17: Gravy 0085
17: fires on playgrounds
17: alukard
17: JoeST
17: Soma
17: Pwngepolice
17: Nick Stamatis
25: Peach kid - peach
25: Hayato
25: dj nintendo - bowser
25: Captain Awesome - snake
25: Solid Jake - snake
25: Mini - lucario

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Thank you Matt for housing me and a million other people. I had the most fun at your house. The tourney on the other hand was pretty good/bad. Good because melee smashers are awesome fun people, bad because it was way too cramped, brawl sucks, bad seeding, and brawl sucks.

Got to spend some time with other people at this tourney than usual, and met some really cool new people.

macman-we're you the falco/dr.mario that played me at Matt's, cuz I didn't quite catch your name, and you had orange soda and I thought you might be OSM lol Good games.

Cort- good games, I REALLY learned a lot playing you on friday night, especially in Marth dittos, you'd be proud, I almost beat Europhoria because of it ^_^ And amazing work surviving that ken combo from KDJ only to come back and kill him....that was the stuff of legend. Don't taunt...LOL exactly.

Europhoria-good match, you're like me, but better lol. look forward to facing you in tourney again sometime.

DJ nintendo-my FALCON PAWNCH owned your Ness lol, gg's you're mad good and highly underestimated imo. you ****

Spawn-good **** in singles man, you owned. Loser. Sorry i couldn't drive you home, i almost fell asleep at the wheel a couple times >_>

PC-I knew you'd win. You're back on top of your game. There's no stopping now.

Banks-LOL

Darc and Dazwa <3- Darc is tooooooo goot in teams. Let's see Mango try to double team Cort and PC, yea right.

Awesome Sean-we had that second match dude, we just blew it. It happens. You're luigi is mad **** now son.

Scar-what can I say, you're my hero. One day, I will achieve a falcon worthy of killing a Lion.

Wife-<3 you're always a pleasure to see at tourney. I'm so glad you haven't gone the way of husband. You're peach is beast in teams.

everyone else-good ****
See you guys next week at the most legendary tourney of all time.

Banks

Smash Hero
1: PC Chris($220.00) - love hanging with you, great times. we must play sf4 again soon once i train up
2: Darc($120.00) - you were PISSED lol, but you did fine anyway and got some cash so you can just do better next time brah =p
3: RaynEX($60.00) - yea u r real good, i got to see u in action. the tournament set was crazy your fox is too good, thanks for the falco mm too
4: Korean DJ - we have to play sf4 online too, good **** still ****** melee
5: Wife - gg's in teams friendlies, nice to see a veteran such as yourself
5: th0rn - yayy fleshwang
7: Banks - good job bro
7: Cactuar - 7th place for life, nice talking to you we must play more in the future <3
9: Pine - yea boiiii hanky panky 50 game win streak, they can't touch the mariarth
9: euphoria - good set, u **** FD. sheik vs marth is gay, u punished my jabs hardcore the whole time. luckily sheik is a homo
9: AOI - nice seeing you, good job in singles
9: Scar - didn't get to play you this time, but nice seeing you and good shiz commentating on that one match =p
13: kwan - nice DK, didn't get to play but we shall soon
13: DJ Nintendo - omg ness i was glad you didnt have the yoyo glitch down. but you are mad good on FD cracking that bat all in my face
13: kevin M - YEA BOII too good bringing a female and winning stuff in teams LOL too bad we couldnt commentate but someday...we will
13: kyu puffffff - CHAIN GRAB, too good. u have scary icies
17: assman - LUIGI, we didn't play =( but really we have played enough to last a while LOL
17: Ogami Itto - who is this? good job!
17: Mana Lord - LOL u actually came!! too good beating pixel, and doing up teams with solar. we will see you again this summer for lunchables
17: sai - oh god the crouching jigglypuff. so scary i didn't want to get slept on :3
17: 401k - sheik dittos lmao, thanks for agreeing not to chain grab, fun matches =)
17: mike money - didn't play you except in double peach teams friendly. which was badass
17: Zoso - nice seeing you as always, didn't get to play but we obviously will soon, our destiny binds us
17: SOLAR - YEA MAN afterparty was too good...your fox is improving all the time the tech skill is insane
25: yedi - didn't play you i don't think
25: Trees - ur falcon is beast, you are a good team with elen as well
25: Pixel - CMON MAN, you can do better =( stop killing yoself
25: roman - SLEEPY, stop sleeping on the floor! we almost were gonna play in tournament but u losted =(
25: xander - didn't play you
25: zenmaster - didn't play you
25: Trademark - nice seeing you, gg's in team friendlies, the double peach was hardcore
25: spife - fun times "hanging out" both ur secret weapon and link of death are getting better, good job on 25th
33: irish mafia - ur a cool guy, nice friendlies. u hurt my falco...and where was the cowboy hat?!
33: lamp - i like lamps
33: HaileyM - the infamous haileyM, nice meeting you i heard ur pretty pro in teams
33: adhdfoy - nice meeting you, you have crazy multicolored clothing items =p we must play next time we r in the same place
33: parlnock - nice seeing you in the bathroom line LOL
33: CHEWMAN - lmao drink cooler brawl-talk was a good time
33: don - didn't play you
33: H&R BLOCKED - nice name
33: Purple Cobra - YEA MAN, bonding time was great in those teams friendlies, u killed my *** a few times there. samoose is too goot
33: n2 - what happened to n3
33: fax - machine
33: arc - nice seeing you again as well sir, good games in teams friendlies
33: Ogami Daigoro - nice name
33: proverbs - i know u from the boards but we didn't meet =(
33: s.b.soldier - nice meeting you
33: Flow - hmmmm
49: pepi - hmmmm
49: pof - nice seeing you, good **** in brawl and we must play melee more when theres another tourney
49: i.h.o.p. ness - nice name
49: njl - hmmm
49: Feryx - u had to play pc
49: Riel - hmmmm
49: Ccab - good games, lol @ ur coach. keep playing and you'll get better really fast, everyone does and it's crazy
49: almo - sup brah, hope u enjoyed brawl and good stuff still entering melee =)

Marcus: it was awesome that you came, most legendary teams sheik of all time ^_^ hopefully i'll see you again one day. fun friendlies

Hayato & eve: teams was too goot, nice seeing you ..NINJA TURTLES 4 LYFE

fatal: hope u had fun in brawl, nice seeing you, too bad there werent ANY open tv's when we were both there for friendlies or w/e but we'll def play smash of some sort at a smaller event in the future

memphis & milktea: U SHOULDA WENT

hoggle: oh god, the cardboard cutout...

dazwa: good stuff helping with the compooter, LOL @ our "trashtalk" during the raynex/darc/pc sets

boxman: same w/ the trashtalk, and also good stuff in brawl i know you'll be beast at that soon, don't completely quit melee tho =(

skler: awesome looking at crappy games, why didn't u enter =(

alukard: man we didn't play AGAIN what is this, hopefully sometime soon. gj in teams

gmoney: **** son we **** teams, especially double jiggly. WHO DOES THAT? WE DO

reno: ur brawl sheik is inpiring LOL, ur hair is amazing as is ur melee sheik.. shame u couldnt do singles

hazzard: good **** in teams, we gotta play next time

ace: nice seeing you, you brawl man

obm: lol i was joking about the kids, don't hate me =( LOL, but good **** at being so beastly in brawl, foreelz

Cort: <3, it was great hanging with you once again u shoudl have entered singles =p

mattdotzeb: thanks for running the tournament. for me, driving only 2 hours all the problems don't faze me quite as much and i still <3 u brah. but for people driving from tristate, canada stuff like this obviously makes their trip ****tier =/

alrite, i'm trying to remember everyone here but if I forgot someone, SORRY

oh yea

ANYWAYS, SEE YA

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Meeting wife for the first time was really weird after having watched tons of MLG vids and hearing him anounce. That is all for shout outs right now.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Needed more friendlies, but given the lofty goals of the tournament, well done.

Shoutouts will come when I'm not rushing to finish homework and stop being exhausted.

So Fatal

Smash Master
I hate you buuman lol I will get you next time with.. an unchaingrabable char!! LOLZ i'm glad i could finally feel the wrath of d3 buman and not mk lolzolzozl. must do better at next tounrey

Elen

Smash Lord
Don't taunt before you 100% know you're going to win.
True facts. Always worth it though.

Questor recorded a bunch of melee. Hopefully we'll get it up in the next few days.

Buuman

Smash Ace
I hate you buuman lol I will get you next time with.. an unchaingrabable char!! LOLZ i'm glad i could finally feel the wrath of d3 buman and not mk lolzolzozl. must do better at next tounrey
Haha thanks bro, hey I have to thank you for your advice. I really owe it to you man, I needed someone to break my MK usage. Like I said he's like a virus. Good **** though, I know you were flustered after playing PC, but yeah, we def have to chill again and get some more matches. Your rob is sick btw. Keep that **** up man. I know your better then what that number says, don't worry about it though, we all win some and lose some.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
I got more than that, like all of teams finals, and a couple other singles sets. Scar also recorded a bunch of singles until his lappy stopped working for some reason.

I have RaynEX vs KDJ, but I missed the first stock each of the first match.

Banks

Smash Hero
yea the set of pc vs dj were the only games recorded on scar's laptop with commentary

but there was also a videocamera getting a bunch of the finals sets

Banks

Smash Hero
and I you, fair maiden. and I you.

but yes you have mentioned it, i have all instances logged and pasted in my collage diary

Top Bottom