• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Lucas reps! MLG Dallas here we come!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeee

Smash Master
PF - 33rd
Nasty - 179th
J - 65th

Nasty got like soooo bracket screwed ;-; I played horribly Day 2. Pinky did greaaaaat against Snakeee but against Nairo......yea uhm just not gonna say besides he lost lol. Ninjalink's Lucas against NR was too good. Poor him though for his controller messing up. He could have beaten NR.

So yea I will give a full update when I can because I just got home from the event.

Also a sad note, the person who knocked out Nasty knocked me out too ;_;

Oh! Group photo will be up when Nasty gets a chance.
Well Nairo came up to me right after saying how good Pinky was and that he took game 1 off of him. Yeah, he got I think three stocked and two stocked after, but whatever he clearly played very well and I'm sure you know that in that particular MU a loss can easily be as bad as a 3 stock simply because of the gimping possibilities.

Anyway, REAL good **** to Nasty in both events. Made me feel like the character has some potential and he plays so smart and original. I was reallyyy upset about it though I'll admit lol. I had a full stock lead game three but I got too anxious to try and make sure I play safer and hold that stock and he came back X_X ....heh ok ok enough of my johns XD Wish I remembered about that D-air thing I felt like an idiot dying several times starting from like 30% >_>

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Anyway, REAL good **** to PINK FRESH in both events. Made me feel like the character has some potential and he plays so smart and original. I was reallyyy upset about it though I'll admit lol. I had a full stock lead game three but I got too anxious to try and make sure I play safer and hold that stock and he came back X_X ....heh ok ok enough of my johns XD Wish I remembered about that D-air thing I felt like an idiot dying several times starting from like 30% >_>
Fixed.

I didn't play you, although i wouldn't mind seeing u again in bracket sometime.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Fixed.

I didn't play you, although i wouldn't mind seeing u again in bracket sometime.
Oh lmao I feel stupid my bad, I'm the worst with tag names.....and real names. It's probably lost me quite a few potential girlfriend's because I'd feel like a typical douche if I asked someone out without knowing her name ughhhh

i glanced at someone asking me if im going to a tourney im guessing an MLG. If it was the TX one well I'm gonna try but it's expensive as hell at this point to get a plane ticket. It pretty much will depend on whether or not im running good in poker >_>

Flayl

Smash Hero
PF - 33rd
Nasty - 179th
J - 65th

Nasty got like soooo bracket screwed ;-; I played horribly Day 2. Pinky did greaaaaat against Snakeee but against Nairo......yea uhm just not gonna say besides he lost lol. Ninjalink's Lucas against NR was too good. Poor him though for his controller messing up. He could have beaten NR.

So yea I will give a full update when I can because I just got home from the event.

Also a sad note, the person who knocked out Nasty knocked me out too ;_;

Oh! Group photo will be up when Nasty gets a chance.
Do you know the placings of other low tier or low mid tier characters?

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Do you know the placings of other low tier or low mid tier characters?
I will try and get all that data to you when I the entire results are put up. However IDK if I will be able to remember everyone who used a LT character. =s Fun challenge though.
question how that coney and pf team go, dthrow to usmash successful?
TOP 9!

Dthrow->Usmash is soooo legit and they landed it alooooot. They beat Junebug and Chudat's team then they beat Lee Martin/RichBrown.

Lee Martin/RichBrown got recorded, ALL of the matches. ;3 They are like...gah too good. Made me feel glad I research doubles :embarrass:

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
TBH, it look liked Pink got lag *****. A lot of missed stuff that would be executed much better on a lagless TV.

heytallman

CTALL
Man, I really want to do doubles at Dallas, but nobody's gonna want to team with a TX PR f tier Lucas...even though I'm much better in doubles than in singles.

heytallman

CTALL
So Alex Strife said he'd team with me if he can make it to Dallas. We're gonna have fun with Marth/Snake teams. I hope he can make it though, I really wanna team with a GW.

heytallman

CTALL
OK, here's my writeup on MLG Dallas.

First of all, I'll start by saying that this was easily the best tournament I've ever been to in my life. It was ran so well, and had so many people to play and so much to do! Free stuff was EVERYWHERE! I got a free backpack thing and a water bottle, along with nine Hot Pockets coupons.

My carpool stayed with the San Antonio crew, and Rayziak (sp?) from Nova Scotia was there as well. I didn't play too much in the hotel, but got in a bunch of games with Paw (ZSS player). Very fun matches. Also in the hotel KPrime (Pikachu) ***** me pretty badly. I played one match with Tearbear, got *****. I need to learn how to play on Lylat, lol. Tearbear was mad cool, though. One of my favorite OoS players.

Also, I met Oats! He was really cool. Me and my doubles partner (P4, MK) money matched him and his partner (Zekey, GW/MK) to doubles dittos. They won 2-0. But then we played a bunch of amazingly fun doubles friendlies.

My buddy Gnes won the whole thing! I was talking mad **** to everyone all day, and Gnes thanked me. At one point, Overswarm threatened to kick me out of the venue for yelling "**** HIM!" to every one of Gnes' opponents. And **** them he did. Gnes is gonna take me and some other friends out to lunch or something, I think.

As for the tournament:

Winner's round 1: Bye

Winner's round 2: Hylian. Game 1 was Lucas vs IC's, ended with 2 stock, high percent, Nana dead. I counterpicked Norfair (bad for ICs) and he switched to Game and Watch. I switched to ROB and got *****. Before we played, Hylian told me that he plays with FAE a lot, so he knows the Lucas match up. F U, FAE, for teaching him the Lucas match up.

Loser's round 2: Bye.

Loser's round 3: I have a story for this one. In between nights, I checked the bracket to see who I had to play. I see that I play the winner of a no-show and somebody named jiveturkey33. So I knew I was gonna play jiveturkey. I looked who he lost to in winners, and I see he lost to Tearbear.

I rush up to our hotel room, because Tearbear was randomly over, and asked how he was. He said "Oh, he was this free Game and Watch player." "****, Game and Watch hard counters all my characters!" "I can help you if you'd like." So Tearbear played GW against my ROB, and told me I'd win.

Come tourney time, we play. Game one was on FD, GW vs ROB. He ***** me for about 50%, and then I start reading him SO HARD. I win game 1, one stock, about 45%.

Game two, he counterpicks Lylat, and I stay ROB. He ***** me so hard first stock. By the time I take his first, I'm up to about 70%. I decide to harden up and start ******. I take his second stock while I still have mine, and I was at 176%. After he finally kills me, he ends up SD'ing while I was still at 0%. JV 2 stock.

Loser's round 4: Sinister Slush (Yoshi). I banned FD thinking he'd chaingrab me. He never did, I was salty about my wasted ban. He beats my Lucas game one and I go ROB and counterpick Frigate. I beat him. He counterpicks Delfino, and for some reason I stayed ROB. He won. I was so salty after losing to a Yoshi, but I soon got over it. I'll beat him next time.

In doubles, as I said before, I teamed with P4, a Meta Knight player. Here's how our adventures went:

Winner's round 1: vs Curlz & Jiovanni. Game 1 was on Halberd, and we managed to take two stocks in about 20 seconds. Curlz called for a ref because his C stick was not working. While they were all talking we kept fighting, and P4 ended up losing his first stock. They ask if we can reset the match, and we agree to, but only if people who have lost stocks suicide once. They agree, which leaves me with three completely fresh stocks. We ***** them hard. Upsmashes abounding.

Game 2 they CP'd pictochat, and the Lucario switched to Kirby. Pictochat is a mad gay stage, it literally killed everyone at least once. But me and P4 had no problems winning.

Winner's round 2: vs ESAM and MVD. Needless to say, we got beat. ESAM was surprisingly not that good in teams. He died really really fast and SD'd both games. Game 1 ended up 2v1 vs P4, and P4 held his own fairly well. MVD was at a high percent because ESAM had took a stock, so P4 killed him, and kept up with ESAM pretty well. Game 2 they just straight up beat us. I got upsmash kills on both of them though. Though P4 naired MVD and stole my kill, but I'm still considering it an upsmash kill.

Loser's round 2: vs Dakpo and his partner (ZSS and DDD. We brought it back this set. Game 1 ended up on Delfino, and they ended up winning literally because P4 accidentally SD'd early one stock. Games 2 and 3 were just straight up ****. We had our team combos going (MK downthrow to Lucas upsmash is DELICIOUS). Game 3 they counterpicked us to FD, THOSE FOOLISH FOOLS! That's my favorite teams stage. It was a good set, and we won soundly. They looked salty about losing.

Loser's round 3: vs error13 and Tetsuya (Marth and Diddy/Wario). We lost 2-0. Not much to say except they ***** up.

Overall, I think I did ALRIGHT in tournament, I was aiming for 49th or better in singles, but I'm not gonna complain. Overall, I had an amazing time, and I have so many stories that would take way too long to tell. Provided they have Smash next year, PLEASE go. You will NOT be disappointed.

In conclusion, here is a picture of me and Oats.

Sex.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]

First of all, I'll start by saying that this was easily the best tournament I've ever been to in my life. It was ran so well, and had so many people to play and so much to do! Free stuff was EVERYWHERE! I got a free backpack thing and a water bottle, along with nine Hot Pockets coupons.

My carpool stayed with the San Antonio crew, and Rayziak (sp?) from Nova Scotia was there as well. I didn't play too much in the hotel, but got in a bunch of games with Paw (ZSS player). Very fun matches. Also in the hotel KPrime (Pikachu) ***** me pretty badly. I played one match with Tearbear, got *****. I need to learn how to play on Lylat, lol. Tearbear was mad cool, though. One of my favorite OoS players.

Also, I met Oats! He was really cool. Me and my doubles partner (P4, MK) money matched him and his partner (Zekey, GW/MK) to doubles dittos. They won 2-0. But then we played a bunch of amazingly fun doubles friendlies.

My buddy Gnes won the whole thing! I was talking mad **** to everyone all day, and Gnes thanked me. At one point, Overswarm threatened to kick me out of the venue for yelling "**** HIM!" to every one of Gnes' opponents. And **** them he did. Gnes is gonna take me and some other friends out to lunch or something, I think.

As for the tournament:

Winner's round 1: Bye

Winner's round 2: Hylian. Game 1 was Lucas vs IC's, ended with 2 stock, high percent, Nana dead. I counterpicked Norfair (bad for ICs) and he switched to Game and Watch. I switched to ROB and got *****. Before we played, Hylian told me that he plays with FAE a lot, so he knows the Lucas match up. F U, FAE, for teaching him the Lucas match up.

Loser's round 2: Bye.

Loser's round 3: I have a story for this one. In between nights, I checked the bracket to see who I had to play. I see that I play the winner of a no-show and somebody named jiveturkey33. So I knew I was gonna play jiveturkey. I looked who he lost to in winners, and I see he lost to Tearbear.

I rush up to our hotel room, because Tearbear was randomly over, and asked how he was. He said "Oh, he was this free Game and Watch player." "****, Game and Watch hard counters all my characters!" "I can help you if you'd like." So Tearbear played GW against my ROB, and told me I'd win.

Come tourney time, we play. Game one was on FD, GW vs ROB. He ***** me for about 50%, and then I start reading him SO HARD. I win game 1, one stock, about 45%.

Game two, he counterpicks Lylat, and I stay ROB. He ***** me so hard first stock. By the time I take his first, I'm up to about 70%. I decide to harden up and start ******. I take his second stock while I still have mine, and I was at 176%. After he finally kills me, he ends up SD'ing while I was still at 0%. JV 2 stock.

Loser's round 4: Sinister Slush (Yoshi). I banned FD thinking he'd chaingrab me. He never did, I was salty about my wasted ban. He beats my Lucas game one and I go ROB and counterpick Frigate. I beat him. He counterpicks Delfino, and for some reason I stayed ROB. He won. I was so salty after losing to a Yoshi, but I soon got over it. I'll beat him next time.

In doubles, as I said before, I teamed with P4, a Meta Knight player. Here's how our adventures went:

Winner's round 1: vs Curlz & Jiovanni. Game 1 was on Halberd, and we managed to take two stocks in about 20 seconds. Curlz called for a ref because his C stick was not working. While they were all talking we kept fighting, and P4 ended up losing his first stock. They ask if we can reset the match, and we agree to, but only if people who have lost stocks suicide once. They agree, which leaves me with three completely fresh stocks. We ***** them hard. Upsmashes abounding.

Game 2 they CP'd pictochat, and the Lucario switched to Kirby. Pictochat is a mad gay stage, it literally killed everyone at least once. But me and P4 had no problems winning.

Winner's round 2: vs ESAM and MVD. Needless to say, we got beat. ESAM was surprisingly not that good in teams. He died really really fast and SD'd both games. Game 1 ended up 2v1 vs P4, and P4 held his own fairly well. MVD was at a high percent because ESAM had took a stock, so P4 killed him, and kept up with ESAM pretty well. Game 2 they just straight up beat us. I got upsmash kills on both of them though. Though P4 naired MVD and stole my kill, but I'm still considering it an upsmash kill.

Loser's round 2: vs Dakpo and his partner (ZSS and DDD. We brought it back this set. Game 1 ended up on Delfino, and they ended up winning literally because P4 accidentally SD'd early one stock. Games 2 and 3 were just straight up ****. We had our team combos going (MK downthrow to Lucas upsmash is DELICIOUS). Game 3 they counterpicked us to FD, THOSE FOOLISH FOOLS! That's my favorite teams stage. It was a good set, and we won soundly. They looked salty about losing.

Loser's round 3: vs error13 and Tetsuya (Marth and Diddy/Wario). We lost 2-0. Not much to say except they ***** up.

Overall, I think I did ALRIGHT in tournament, I was aiming for 49th or better in singles, but I'm not gonna complain. Overall, I had an amazing time, and I have so many stories that would take way too long to tell. Provided they have Smash next year, PLEASE go. You will NOT be disappointed.

In conclusion, here is a picture of me and Oats.

Sex.
Get a hair cut you hippie!

Curlz

Smash Lord

Name search *****! -.- but I just wanted to say that they were really good games in Doubles. Keep up the great work with Lucas! :]

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
Hey Tallman! I had a great time meeting you. And I learned something from watching your Lucas do cute little Lucas things. Up-tilt after auto-cancelled aerial *****.

And Chuee, yes, I did enter singles Brawl and doubles.

Also, proAPC, I met TKila. He'll tell you all the cool things. Like me beating him when I was drunk. :)

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
lol, because I put the work in to study her frame stuff and learn the basics. I am a very bread and butter ZSS, though. Nothing to write home about.

But I have ideas and plans for Lucas now, and I'm down to share stuff as I develop them. I took Ally to last stock, last hit. I definitely believe Snake is beatable.

I think Lucas' worst match-ups on Battlefield, Smashville, or FD are Game and Watch, Meta-Knight, and Peach in that order.

Also, after talking to people, and watching other Lucas' play, I'd have to say that mentality is really the only thing holding many of us back, and I definitely need to work on that, because I have top-game in me; I just need a top-mind for stress and pressure.

EDIT:

Tallman just reminded me that this is about MLG though.

MLG is awesome. Glad I went.

KoozyK

Smash Ace
dude i see my worst matchups as this G&W trOllimar (every one i play that uses him, has figured out the yellow ones are to deadly) and then snake.
I swear if G&W wasnt so gay with his grab in to dsmash and then the turtle and nair. hed be cake. i can deal with the bucket mind games come easy

when ever i get beyond trolled i pull out my IC's and just chain grab/ desynce throws people off when u have a High tier secondary.

@ Cheeri youre right it really does come all down to mentality, cause u can know a character better than anyone else. and still end up losing not knowing how to manage against certain situations.

Dakpo

Smash Lord

We looked salty? We were kinda sad we lost be we tons of fun playing you guys. No need to be a **** though :/

Cheeri-Oats

Smash Lord
He knows how to punish stupid Lucas tricks, so I had to use smart ones.

I was a bit drunk when we played but he's fun and knows what he's doing as an Olimar. I did beat him a couple of games but for the most part he knows Lucas more than I know Olimar, I think. He's a funny guy too. Colombians are chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom