• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG DC 2010 - October 15-17th - $7,000

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
MLG DC 2010
October 15-17th, 2010
Passes on sale at the door for $50!

Announcements
October 12th, 2010: Online registration is now closed. We have 162 pre-registered. Door passes are available for $50 and must be purchased BEFORE 4PM on Friday, October 15th.
October 6th,2010: Can anyone defeat M2K at MLG DC? Find out here!
September 16th, 2010: Passes are now on sale, click the link at the top of the page to purchase a pass. They are selling very fast in comparison to previous events, so do not wait until last minute to purchase them. If, for some weird reason, we do not sell out, door passes will be available on Friday until 4PM for $50. The Rules and Settings have been updated for MLG DC as well. There are two rule changes everyone should be aware of:

1: Winners/Losers/Grand finals in Doubles will be best of 5
2: Pause will be set to off. However, if for some reason the players/referee's did not check the settings and the game is paused, the penalty for pausing will still be the loss of that game.

I will be instructing Referee's to turn pause off at the start of each day and also periodically doing checks throughout the day. However, I'm not about to begin to believe they will be able to check every station before every match, so the responsibility to make sure it is off will be on the players, and if it is not off an accidental pause will still result in the loss of a game. Make sure to check pause and that it is off prior to starting your games in DC. I think this is a pretty fair decision overall.

August 31st, 2010: Thread goes up. Raleigh just completed. We will have some moderate rule changes made, so wait for the announcements on that (mostly regarding pausing). Here is to hoping DC caps!

What They Said About Orlando, Columbus, and Raleigh
It was a 14 hour drive. I would do it all again. - Seibrik on Raleigh

One of the best tournaments I've been to in a long time, good stuff MLG - Ophy on Raleigh

Despite all the craziness, I had a lot of fun at this tourney. - Big Lou on Raleigh

Good job to MLG for working on the TV's. I could notice a considerable difference from Columbus. They were much better this time around and great job getting more free-play time in for everyone. That was a big plus. - KirinBlaze on Raleigh

The best tournament I have been to in my entire life - Dojo on Columbus

The tournament was run very smoothly and I had a great experience with the Refs. Really well done overall, amazing job! - MetalMusicMan on Columbus

MLG was a terrific experience, probably the best tournament I will ever go to in my life.-Clowsui on Columbus

I would just like to say that this was the best tournament I have ever been to without a doubt. Not only will I try my best to come to Raleigh, but I think everyone else should do the same. -SnackAttack on Columbus

They’ve got good systems, it’s very well run. Most efficient tournament I’ve ever been to. - ESAM on Orlando

I’ve never had this much fun at a tournament before. I loved the crowd. It made things a lot more fun.-ADHD on Orlando

This has been the best tournament I have ever been to in the history of forever. I am not kidding, real talk. -Sky on Orlando

The event was really professionally done and it was a blast. Free Dr. Pepper. I really liked that TV's were turned off for finals to increase the hype of the event.-LeeMartin on Orlando

This was one of the fastest and most efficiently ran events that I have been to in years. Amazing!-D1 on Orlando

MLG is the biggest, longest running tournament circuit in North America. It has the largest prize pool and will be the most professional event any of you will ever attend. All equiptment is standard. All Wii's and TV's will be provided for you in a uniform setting. Trained referees will be at stations to officiate matches. The best players from around the country will compete for large prizes and ultimately the right to call themselves National Champion and earn a $12,500 prize check.

If you have never been to an MLG before then you should know this isn't your run-of-the-mill gaming tournament. This isn't TVs lugged in from all around the country. There are literally miles of electrical cables, thousands of electronic devices, hundreds of TVs, over 200 staff members, and some of the biggest sponsors in existence. If you are wondering what you get out of your pass other then a chance to compete and an opportunity to experience the Brawl community, here are just some of the things available at each event:
  • Free BIC Razors
  • Free Old Spice Deodorant
  • Free Hot Pockets & Hot Pocket Coupons
  • Free Doritos, all you can eat, all weekend long
  • Free Stride Gum
  • Free Jack Link's Beef Jerky
  • Free Dr. Pepper, all you can drink, all weekend long
  • Free MLG and Doritos branded hand towels
  • Free hand massages
  • Free MLG and Hot Pockets branded aluminum water bottles
  • Sponsor giveaways and contests for free merchandise, including Best Buy Gift Cards and Astro Headphones
Many players easily walk out with merchandise valued higher then the cost of their pass. Will you be one of the lucky ones to win in a sponsor contest? Or maybe you will grab a handful of BIC Flex 4 Razors as you head back to the hotel? Need your caffeine fix? Dr. Pepper has got you covered with multiple flavors all weekend long. Notice one of your friends happens to be a bit smelly? Grab some Old Spice and help keep the smell away from the rest of the crowd. Most sponsor giveaways will occur all weekend long and are easily available for every competitor and spectator.

Sponsor Contest Winners
  • George won $140 in Best Buy gift cards at MLG Raleigh
  • Fonz won Astro A40 Headphones ($250) at MLG Raleigh
  • Nasty won Astro A40 Headphones ($250) at MLG Columbus
The Pro Player Treatment
MLG designates that the top 16 in cumulative ranking points are Pro Players. These players receive many benefits through MLG to help their exposure and to help make sure they can make it out to events. There are a lot of awesome benefits for the MLG Pro Players, so if you work hard and practice it will be well worth it to join the ranks of these players. Here are some of those benefits:
  • $200 stipend check distributed at check-in
  • A set up only for Pro Players in a Pro Lounge
  • Free food and drinks in the Pro Lounge on the Friday of events
  • Access to MLG content team for interviews and web content
  • Free event pass
So how do you go Pro? Well aside from the work you put into the game, you need to do well at events. How well depends on how many events you attend. It is possible to become Pro without ever actually placing in the money at events. Keep in mind that the top 16 ranked players are considered Pro, which means that considerably more players are getting paid before the event even starts then are paid at most National tournaments. Attending events and placing at least 33rd earns you points toward Pro status.
Click here to view the full season standings!

Current MLG Pro Players [name (points) - Character
1. Mew2King (3600) - Meta Knight
2. Ally (2160) - Snake
3. LeeMartin (2140) - Meta Knight/Lucario
4. TyRaNt (2040) - Meta Knight
5. NickRiddle (2030) - Zero Suit Samus
6. ESAM (1840) - Pikachu
7. DEHF (1360) - Falco
8. Seibrik (1190) - Meta Knight
9. Atomsk92 (1080) - King Dedede/Ice Climbers/Meta Knight
10. FelixTrix (1060) - Diddy Kong
11. Havok (870) - Meta Knight/Marth
12. FatalMatt (835) - Snake
13. Big Lou (710) - Luigi
14. ADHD (700) - Diddy Kong
14. Dojo (700) - Meta Knight
14. TheRealDSF (700) - Meta Knight

Click here to view the per event Pro Circuit Point breakdown!

Full Season Schedule
Pro Circuit Event #1: MLG Orlando (Florida) - April 16th-18th, 2010 - Complete! (183 Singles, 44 Doubles)
Pro Circuit Event #2: MLG Columbus (Ohio) - June 4th-6th, 2010 - Complete! (250 Singles, 64 Doubles)
Pro Circuit Event #3: MLG Raleigh (North Carolina) - August 27th-29th, 2010 - Complete! (148 Singles, 42 Doubles)
Pro Circuit Event #4: MLG DC (Washington, DC) - October 15th-17th, 2010
Pro Circuit Event #5 (Championships): MLG Dallas (Texas) - November 5th-7th, 2010

MLG DC General Information
Entry Fee
Singles Entry Fee/Venue Fee (must pay online): $35 - Register here!
Doubles Entry Fee (paid on Saturday - view doubles information below): $10
Total: $45

Doubles Registration is $10 per player ($20 per team) and will take place at the venue. The prizes for Doubles will pay out on the spot in cash. There are only 64 team slots available.
Players who make it to Winners Bracket Round 3, whether they win or lose, will be able to register for doubles at 10:00AM on Saturday. All other players will be able to register at 3:00PM on Saturday.

MLG DC Venue
Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center
201 Waterfront Street
National Harbor, MD 20745

Travel Information
Three Airports are accessible: BWI (Baltimore), IAD (Dulles), and Reagan (DCA)

The hotel is a 15-minute drive from Reagan National Airport and within a 45-minute drive from both Dulles and Baltimore Washington International Airports.

Transportation: Super Shuttle services all three airports. Rates and more are available here.

MLG DC Official Hotels
Main Hotel
Gaylord National Resort and Convention Center
Rate: $189 + $15 Resort Fee per night.
(One nights deposit will be charged by hotel at the time of reservation.)
Deadline: September 29th 2010
Reservation Phone: 301-965-4000

I know this seems like a pretty steep price, but believe me when I say that Gaylords are top-notch hotels. You will be living like kings while you stay at the Gaylord. Even so, I would stress that you get a room at the main hotel (split it without however many people to make it affordable) because that means easy access to the venue and all of your stuff for the weekend. Not to mention plenty of time to play with people before and after the event each day!

Secondary Hotel
To be announced

MLG DC Event Schedule
Friday - October 15th, 2010
10:30 AM - 1:30 PM: Early Check-In
1:30 PM - 5:00 PM: Check-In / Warm-Up
5:00 PM - 5:30 PM: Welcome
5:30 PM - 9:30 PM: 1v1 Winners Round 1
9:30 PM - 11:30 PM: 1v1 Winners Round 2
11:30 PM - 12:30 AM: 1v1 Winners Round 3

Saturday - October 16th, 2010
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Warm-Up
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM: 1v1 Losers Round 1
12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: 1v1 Losers Round 2
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: 1v1 Losers Round 3
3:00 PM - 4:00 PM: 1v1 Losers Round 4
4:00 PM - 4:30 PM: 1v1 Winners Round 4
4:30 PM - 5:00 PM: 1v1 Losers Round 5
5:00 PM - 5:30 PM: 1v1 Losers Round 6
5:30 PM - 6:00 PM: 1v1 Winners Round 5 / Losers Round 7
6:00 PM - 6:30 PM: 1v1 Losers Round 8
6:30 PM - 7:00 PM: 1v1 Winners Round 6 / Losers Round 9
7:00 PM - 7:30 PM: 1v1 Losers Round 10
7:30 PM - 8:00 PM: 1v1 Winners Round 7 / Losers Round 11
8:00 PM - 8:30 PM: 1v1 Losers Round 12
8:30 PM - 9:15 PM: 1v1 Winners Round 8 / Losers Round 13
9:15 PM - 10:00 PM: 1v1 Losers Finals
10:00 PM - 11:15 PM: 1v1 Finals

Sunday - October 17th, 2010
8:00 AM - 10:00 AM: Warm-Up
10:00 AM - 11:00 AM: 2v2 Winners Round 1
11:00 AM - 11:30 AM: 2v2 Losers Round 1
11:30 AM - 12:00 PM: 2v2 Winners Round 2
12:00 PM - 12:30 PM: 2v2 Losers Round 2
12:30 PM - 1:00 PM: 2v2 Winners Round 3 / Losers Round 3
1:00 PM - 1:30 PM: 2v2 Losers Round 4
1:30 PM - 2:00 PM: 2v2 Winners Round 4 / Losers Round 5
2:00 PM - 2:30 PM: 2v2 Losers Round 6
2:30 PM - 3:00 PM: 2v2 Winners Round 5 / Losers Round 7
3:00 PM - 3:30 PM: 2v2 Losers Round 8
3:30 PM - 4:00 PM: 2v2 Winners Finals / Losers Round 9
4:00 PM - 4:45 PM: 2v2 Losers Finals
4:45 PM - 5:30 PM: 2v2 Finals

This is a tentative schedule. Please arrive 1 hour before the scheduled start of your round. Schedule will be amended if we do not cap, so rounds may be significantly earlier than posted here depending on attendance.

Click here to view the tentative event schedule!
Click here to view further information regarding the competition format!

Find the closest event to you on Google Maps! Click here!

Rules
1v1 Settings

1. Rules = Stock
2. Stock = 3
3. Timer = 8 Minutes
4. Items = Off & None
5. Pause = Off

2v2 Settings

1. Rules = Stock
2. Stock = 3
3. Timer = 8 Minutes
4. Items = Off & None
5. Team Attack = On
6. Pause = Off

General Rules
  1. Players may not use a controller with Turbo capabilities, Button Mapping capabilities, more buttons than the first party GameCube controller, or Wireless capabilities. Controllers with Turbo capabilities allow Players to press a button that results in their Character performing a set of actions that would normally require the Player to press the same button multiple times. Controllers with Button Mapping capabilities allow Players to map a button sequence to a specific button. Pressing that button results in their Character performing a set of actions that would normally require the Player to press multiple buttons.
  2. Players may not use a controller that has been modified in such a way that it alters their Character’s abilities and/or in-game mechanics. Players may not use a controller that has been modified to include a Turbo button or Button Mapping capabilities. Players are allowed to make cosmetic changes to their controller, however, Major League Gaming reserves the right to deny the use of any controller suspected of providing an unfair competitive advantage.
  3. Players may not attach a headset to the Wii or TV.
  4. Players/Teams who break General Rules #1-3 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See Gameplay #3).
  5. Players may not intentionally manipulate a button, trigger, bumper, D-Pad, and/or joystick on a teammate’s controller while a Game is in progress. Breaking this rule will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
  6. Players may not appear on the Main Stage or Feature Station with sponsor insignia that is not approved by MLG or conflicts with MLG sponsors. Players may be asked to wear MLG apparel for Main Stage and Feature Station Matches.
  7. In the case of a Wii/TV malfunction, the Game will be restarted from the beginning.
  8. No Warm-Up Games may be played outside of scheduled Warm-Up periods.
  9. During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Games must be played with three Stock or less.
  10. During scheduled Warm-Up periods, all Players must get up at the end of a Game and allow any Players, who have been waiting, to take their seat.
  11. During Saturday and Sunday’s scheduled Warm-Up periods, Players/Teams who haven’t been eliminated from the Event have priority over other Players/Teams regarding the use of open Stations.
  12. Players who break General Rules #8-11 may be given a Foul (See Pro Circuit Conduct Rules).
  13. If a Player/Team fails to report to their Station within 5 minutes of their Match’s announcement, they will Forfeit the 1st Game. 10 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 3 Game Match or the 2nd Game of the Best of 5/7/11 Game Match. 15 minutes after the announcement, a Player/Team will Forfeit the Best of 5, Best of 7, or Best of 11 Game Match. If both Players/Teams Forfeit the Match, the higher seeded Player/Team will win the Match.
  14. Players/Teams may Forfeit a Game or Match if a Player leaves their Station without their Referee’s permission, or is otherwise unable to play. Referees may set a time limit for a Player who has requested that they be allowed to leave their Station, however, Referees may also deny a Player’s request to leave their Station. Players/Teams may Forfeit a Game or Match if a Player hasn’t returned by the end of their Referee’s set time limit.
  15. In order to dispute Game results, Players/Teams must notify their Referee that they would like to Protest the Game. In order to dispute Match results, Players/Teams must notify their Referee that they would like to Protest the Match. Players/Teams must notify their Referee of their intent to Protest a Game before a new Game has begun. Players/Teams must notify their Referee of their intent to Protest a Match before the Match’s Score Sheet has been submitted to the Tournament Director.
Gameplay
  1. No use of Marth’s and Squirtle’s Grab Release Infinites against Ness.
  2. No use of King Dedede’s Standing Grab Infinites against Bowser, Donkey Kong, Luigi, Samus, and Mario.
  3. Players/Teams who break Gameplay Rules #1-2 will be given a Warning. Each subsequent Warning that a Player/Team receives will result in a Forfeit of the Game (See General Rules #4).
  4. No use of Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape Glitch.
  5. No Pausing a Game without Referee’s permission.
  6. No use of an action that freezes a Game, or otherwise disrupts standard gameplay.
  7. Any Infinite Move must end before the affected Character reaches 300%.
  8. Breaking any of Gameplay Rules #4-7 will result in a Forfeit of the Game.
  9. Any sign of cheating may result in a Forfeit of the Game, disqualification from the Event, and ejection from the venue. Players who are disqualified from the Event won’t receive any Rank Points for their ranking in the Event.
  10. In the 1v1 Event, the higher seeded Player must choose their Controller Port first. The lower seeded Player may use any of the remaining Controller Ports.
  11. In the 2v2 Event, the higher seeded Team must choose one Controller Port first. The lower seeded Team must then choose two Controller Ports. The higher seeded Team must use the Controller Port that wasn’t chosen.
  12. Players may request a Blind Pick of Characters for Game 1 of a Match.
  13. For Game 1 of each Match, the higher seeded Player/Team must strike three Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The lower seeded Player/Team must then strike 4 Stages from the list of Starter Stages. The higher seeded Player/Team must then choose the Game 1 Stage from the remaining Starter Stages.
  14. After the Characters and Stage have been selected for Game 1 of a Match, each Player may select one Stage, from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages, that can’t be chosen for Games 2-11 (Stage Banning). For Stage Banning, Players may not ban the Stage that has been selected for Game 1. The lower seeded Player will be given the opportunity to select a Stage first. The higher seeded Player will then be given the opportunity to select a Stage.
  15. The loser of a Game must select the Stage for the next Game, however, Players may not select a Stage on which they have already won a Game in the Match. The Stage for Games 2-11 can be selected from the list of Starter Stages or Counter-Pick Stages.
  16. After the Stage for Game 2-11 has been selected, the winner of the previous Game must select their Character(s), for the upcoming Game, first. The loser of the Game must then choose their Character(s) for the upcoming Game.
  17. If the Timer runs out, the winner of the Game will be determined by the following criteria in this order: Stock and Percentage. If Stock is used to determine a winner, the highest number will win. If Percentage is used to determine a winner, the lowest number will win. If both Stock and Percentage are tied, Sudden Death won’t be used and a Tiebreaker Round will be played instead. Multiple Tiebreaker Rounds may be used if necessary. In a Tiebreaker Round, Stock will be set to 1, the Timer will be set to 4 Minutes, and the same Stage and Characters must be used.
  18. If the Timer runs out and a Player exceeds the Edge Grab Limit, that Player/Team will Forfeit the Game. However, if the Timer runs out and both Players in a 1v1 Match, or at least one Player on each 2v2 Team, exceed the Edge Grab Limit, the penalty will not be enforced (See Gameplay #17). The Edge Grab Limit will be 35. For Tiebreaker Rounds, the Edge Grab Limit will be 15. The Edge Grab Limits only apply to Games/Tiebreaker Rounds in which the Timer runs out.
  19. If a Game is started without the approval of a Referee it will be restarted.
  20. Players may take one or more of their teammate’s Stock.
For Videos of all of the Gameplay Rule’s illegal maneuvers, click here!

Click here to view the competition format

Prizes
Singles (pot = $7,000)
1st - $2,500
2nd - $1,500
3rd - $1,000
4th - $700
5th - $500
6th - $350
7th - $250
8th - $200

Doubles (pot = $20 * number of teams)
1st - 55%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%

Assuming 64 Teams
1st - $704
2nd - $384
3rd - $128
4th - $64

Click here to view the per event Pro Circuit Point breakdown!

National Championship Prizes
1st - $12,500
2nd - $7,500
3rd - $5,000
4th - $3,500
5th - $2,500
6th - $1,750
7th - $1,250
8th - $1,000

Total Season (Raleigh, Dallas, and Championships) Stipend Distribution: $9,600
Total Season Prize Distribution (All 5 Events): $63,000
Total Money Distributed: $72,600
note: these prizes do not include doubles winnings

Registered Usernames (Updated October 12th, 2010)
  1. Mew2King
  2. AllyOrNotAlly
  3. LeeMartin
  4. TyRaNt-WC
  5. NickRiddle
  6. ESAM
  7. DEHF
  8. Seibrik
  9. Atomsk92
  10. Felixtrix
  11. HavokZ
  12. FatalMatt
  13. Lounis
  14. TheRealDSF
  15. The_ADHD
  16. Tearbear
  17. RichBrown
  18. _choice_
  19. mikeHAZE
  20. Kelzorz
  21. Shaky3
  22. NinjaLink
  23. san37111
  24. Bizk1t
  25. Broccoli_Kong
  26. ch33s3
  27. Bloodcross
  28. MVD731
  29. MeroKnight
  30. CONEYZZzzz
  31. Kadaj_7
  32. KirinBlaze
  33. Micaelis
  34. Mister-Eric
  35. SadaharuInui
  36. Snakeeee
  37. Stockfield
  38. t0mmyssb
  39. Vinnie_C
  40. Xzax
  41. Zucco_
  42. ChiboSempai
  43. .sPiTe.
  44. 2cb
  45. Alex Strife
  46. Amkhokar
  47. awill1567
  48. Axeldovefourpeace
  49. B.H.
  50. BasedGod64
  51. bigtmonee
  52. BionicSonic
  53. Bloodyknite
  54. BMX09
  55. Bonk3492
  56. Bountie_Shadow
  57. buenob
  58. burningyouth
  59. chillinkillin
  60. ChuDatzz
  61. D-Rock1000
  62. D0N_757
  63. dextasmurf
  64. dxyabyss
  65. EE_Flowers
  66. F1oat
  67. Famus
  68. Fragdog.
  69. Freezewish730
  70. FS_SlimJim
  71. G.I.M.R.
  72. GameDragonX
  73. Ganonballer
  74. GoldenJoe
  75. Guerrilla-Tony
  76. Hael_Phael
  77. HeyItsYO
  78. HIT_or_MISS
  79. hkisame
  80. HolyNightmaren
  81. Ic3berg
  82. ifitswrong
  83. Ih8bunnies117
  84. Ilove2
  85. Immortalsun
  86. InfernoOmni
  87. Iramo
  88. Itsamii10
  89. JBlondie
  90. JDC5000
  91. JNig
  92. Joshkip
  93. JunebugAzen
  94. KassandraNova
  95. Kazoyuri
  96. kenny9
  97. KeyBler345
  98. KiraFlax
  99. klaymanskye5
  100. lEddHunterl
  101. Lobos
  102. logic-
  103. LoliLovesRain
  104. lordc447
  105. Luckay4Lyphe
  106. luigiking
  107. luigison
  108. Lumi
  109. lupothe1st
  110. MalcolmMcNulty
  111. menezeskk
  112. MIB004
  113. mightyhealthy04
  114. MilitarySpade
  115. Mudvayne91
  116. MulticolorShyGuy
  117. nerd.WC
  118. Nikita_Squall
  119. Niteking77
  120. Patterns1987
  121. peep_rivers
  122. PinkFreshhh
  123. pitskeyblade
  124. Pitzer757
  125. Poltergust
  126. PoyotheJacobKnight
  127. Punishment.Divine
  128. QwertyMaster007
  129. Rawdog.
  130. RhapsodyOfMemories
  131. robomafia1
  132. Roxas215
  133. SeraphBlade
  134. ShinStarss
  135. SickNasty2330
  136. slikvik05
  137. Smash_God
  138. Snackk
  139. snapples
  140. sorasin
  141. Speed_SonicTH
  142. SupaNova9000
  143. Takeover1806
  144. TeeVee
  145. therealEbo
  146. thetantalus
  147. Timeway
  148. TKbrO
  149. TommyGreenShirt
  150. toobusy2care
  151. TriggaTy
  152. turkeywarrior
  153. TUSMBOX
  154. UhhhLol.
  155. unfurledbeef
  156. Watchdog.
  157. WheresMymon3yhoe
  158. workingcoalminers
  159. xivk
  160. Yoster
  161. ZtheSkydiver
  162. Zyth

Click here to view the full season standings!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yfyNouqhGes&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yfyNouqhGes&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

g-regulate

Smash Hero
first d

doritos, stride, dr. pepper, hotpockets, old spice

thread title sounds like i get all of these in some way. i better!

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Ill be getting a room for 1 night (friday into saturday) for anyone that wants to split it. if not ill eat 200 but its worth it to wake up in the venue

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
thread title sounds like i get all of these in some way. i better!
You do. All the gum you want (multiple flavors). All the bags of Doritos (multiple flavors) you want. Hot pockets brought to you while you watch matches. All the Dr. Pepper you want (multiple flavors). Deodorant is handed out randomly/at the old spice booth.

There is also beef jerky from Jack Links.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
FIRST!!!.........page

Ill be getting a room for 1 night (friday into saturday) for anyone that wants to split it. if not ill eat 200 but its worth it to wake up in the venue

Get some one from MD to house you son, FYI, I might be able to, but probably can't, so search else where for now

30 minutes away isn't too bad

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
yea gimr mad late..and idk about going to this..I gotta save to go to dallas

and this list should be in tier list order of best to good (Free stuff

IMO should be Old Spice, Dr. Pepper, Stride, Doritos, Hot pockets

i hope they aint serving them cheesburge sideshots again...lol

Lobos

Smash Master
yea gimr mad late..and idk about going to this..I gotta save to go to dallas

and this list should be in tier list order of best to good (Free stuff

IMO should be Old Spice, Dr. Pepper, Stride, Doritos, Hot pockets

i hope they aint serving them cheesburge sideshots again...lol
I heard spectating is free here

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
im not housing in DC with anyone, forget that, I'll either drive to the venue each day or stay at the hotel

TK, that idea seems silly when a national of the same quality in dallas is minutes from your house, you should obviously go to this one as it's cheaper, not like you will win the finale anyways

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Who said im going to play??

when have you ever seen me Play in a national?

I go OoS Just for the Experience...I've never been to Texas so I wanna go and since MLG is going there I have a reason plus I have people I will know there

I'm Going to Genesis 2 for the exact same reason

everything isnt always about smash Tant...maybe one day you will realize that

Edit: also I think you forgot I'm a baller and I do what I want

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
It's not all about smash TK

Entering is part of the experience though. When I look forward to event, I look forward to competing. If you're just looking forward to hanging out, well then I guess have fun texas.

I like to compete AND hang out with cool people. So that was my perspective. Good luck with your trip!

Lobos

Smash Master

Freezewish

Smash Ace
What Phil said. At least read the address before you say something like that TK.

Also Hype

The Dashing Knight

Banned via Warnings
I'm not going to have any of that disgusting junk food, even if it's free. The rest of you gelatinous tapeworms can go ahead and fill your bodies with saturated fat and expand your stomach with that sugary death beverage known as soda.

I'll be here, 100% completely straight edge and sober.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
I plan on putting on a lot of weight here actually

and I allowed to bring a trash bag to fill up with free stuff?

M@v

Subarashii!
Hype. About an 80% chance I can go. Need to see when an exam is happening. after that I should be good2go

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
MLG DC is gonna be so **** <3.

Cannot wait to be here. I'm tired of watching the brackets/updates! x3

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
This is def. hype

I'll except all my MM's here
Seibrik $20 (Snake/mk, Snake/wario)
Mikehaze $10
Yes $10 (snake/fox, ike/falcon)
Inui $10 (snake/mk, ike/snake)
RedHalberd $10
Esam $10
Nickriddle $10
Ilove $10
Junebug $10 (Mk/Snake, Ike/Jigglypuff)
Poltergust $10 (Snake/Yoshi, Ike/Yoshi)
Shaky $10 (Snake/Ness, Ike/Ness)
Havok $10
Kingtoon $10
Teevee $5
Jtails $5
Kackamee $5
anybody else?

hungrybox

Smash Legend
Orlando, FL (walking distance from the Loop)
I just realized

M2K is guaranteed the 1st place in standing points

congratulations, jason.

If you win this, you;ll have made well over $22, 500 this year playing smash.

I believe that means you would now be the most successful smash player of all time.

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
time for md/va to step it up
the last 4 or so tournies oos came to our tournies we held up pretty good (except ally and adhd at xanadu, but some of our players gave them a good run for their money)
lets do good this tourny! with all of md/va here we should be able to be down to crew battle other regions

also MMs...........give me them! anybody?
oh and im so gonna practice sc2 so much and if i improve a lot by this tourny i'll enter sc2 :)

Jem.

Smash Master
I will be attending this 100%! Teaming with Rich Brown again! :). Hopefully this gets numbers more similiar to Columbus!

I want to meet more people, play everyone, etc. I am going to fly in Thursday, because I don't know how EC weather is in October. I don't wanna risk a delay. I don't think I'll be flying with Felix/Busy/Nerd though, because they want to fly in friday. But I wanna chill with people a day early and play people.

Anyone wanna plan to get there thursday with me? I'll probably buy my stuff September 12th or so.

Also, AZ do you know if people with points get a reserved pass? Or is it just the top 30 or something? I had an email saying I had a reserved pass for Raleigh, but I did not attend, so just wondering if I'll have to be quick about buying my pass or not, since I think this might sell out :)

Can't wait to see and play everyone! :D

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Yea I'm pretty sure this will sell out, but I doubt it will sell out in 5 minutes ala-Halo 3 in the early days or likely Halo Reach this event.

As for if you have a reserved pass, I thought that was only for Pros, but I'm not sure. Deimos probably knows more.

Top Bottom