• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MITTEN I / rootfest 9 (MI Summer Circuit #2) results

Arcalyth

GLS | root
MITTEN IS THE TOURNAMENT EVERYONE NEEDS!!!
May 17, 2014 // Kentwood, MI​

Tournament thread/rules: http://smashboards.com/threads/may-...mi-melee-summer-circuit-2-kentwood-mi.347997/

Super smooth tournament, guys. Thanks to everyone who came. Mad shoutouts to SonuvaBeach for all of his help with TOing. And without further ado...

MITTEN I Melee Top 32
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Trail
$192.00
2nd
KJH
$96.00
3rd
Son of a Beach
$32.00
4th
Bigy
5th
Ginger
5th
Soul
7th
NJA
7th
Shibbypod
9th
Tran
9th
Zbet
9th
Skigh
9th
Artificial Flavour
13th
Lordy
13th
Oak
13th
CAM
13th
Habits
17th
Tbird
17th
Deep Sea Squid
17th
Rasto
17th
Rodohk
17th
Shwickid
17th
Luigi Master Tae
17th
Ant
17th
Egg
25th
Haru
25th
Stif
25th
Haunter
25th
Dad
25th
Eisenheim
25th
Grapist
25th
Daddy's Kisses
25th
Blze

MITTEN I Project M Top 24
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Super
$144.00
2nd
Lordy
$72.00
3rd
Bigy
$24.00
5th
Trail
5th
Daddy's Kisses
7th
Shwickid
7th
Tbird
9th
Artificial Flavour
9th
Zbet
9th
Luigi Master Tae
9th
Skigh
13th
Storm
13th
Tech_Chase
13th
Jawsome
13th
BFlake
17th
Haru
17th
Egg
17th
root
17th
Yusukey
17th
Ace
17th
Erise
17th
Blitz

Last edited:

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
First -

I don't know about you guys but I had a great time at this tourney. I'll edit shoutouts onto this post soon.

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
shoutouts!

super-
Wow a PM win. Thanks for tips as well. Sonic is a beast. Congrates
Lordy-
Honestly not used to seeing you in 2nd. Or your melee placement. But it was good melee games. And it was good matches to watch too
Son of a beach-
Thanks for a bunch of tips and tricks. Id always ask more if I'm not to presumptuous to expect more. Great matches and I hope to see ya again.
Trail-
Melee winner too. Thanks for any advice. It was taken gratefully. I hope to see you come out and play again. Congrates
Daddy's Kisses-
That mewtwo tho. You can tell you have been working on that since mewtwos release in december. Great watching you
Tbird-
Flashy falcon kicked a lot of ass dude. I'm surprised you aren't higher. Great games with ya before man and maybe ill throw more money at ya another time n_n
Artificial Flavour-
Ahh that luigi. He is a vicious little plumber. The only character I don't even understand alittle. Hopefully I can get better and familiar with matchup to go at it more with ya next time. Good games nonetheless tho
Zbet-
Good games man. I managed to watch a few. Didn't get a match at ya this time but it was good seeing you again. Hopefully next time we can play
Luigi Master Tae-
Great link dude! You actually showed me where I can improve more. Thanks for that. It was fun fighting you. I hope you can come out next time too
Skigh-
Duuuuude that samus is real. I've heard chatter and hype around your samus. And wasent disappointed to watch
Tech_Chase-
Great games man. Next time we should MM if we have time n_n
Jawsome-
I felt crappy about not getting to watch a single one of your games. I hope ya did well tho. Ill see ya next time n_n love th shirt bythe way hahaha
BFlake-
That lucario. You are getting mad technical with him too. And are improving quite a bit. I gotta catch up huh hahaha. Great doubles games we played too. It was fun
Egg-
Glad I got to meet you. It was fun to play against your style. I hope we can again
root-
Thanks for hosting again man. We didn't even get to see each others money. The shame on us! Next time we will have to.
Ace-
It was good seeing ya and playing you again.
McK-
Psi kid powwwwer. Your ness was a beast too. Can't wait to actually fight it. It was fun to watch tho
Blitz-
Didn't get to play ya this time. Wish I coulda cuz I wanted to see if you got any better. Next time we hope
Natu-
SCHMEBUUULOCKE!
Old james-
Wait a minute...old james wasent there. I don't even know no old james

Anybody I missed is because I forgot or didn't get to meet or see ya. Hope everyone had fun anyway.

Last edited:

G.L.

Smash Apprentice
shoutouts to team beer... lol. and daddys kisses in "s" tier for his smash name.

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Shout out to Soul. I really kept to myself at this one, but he went out of his way to talk to me post-match and pointed out a lot of things I didn't notice myself, especially my tendency to give up after I start falling behind. Playing Son of a Beach in Sheik dittos was really cool too. Daddy's Kisses and I have resonance just by tag harmony (his is cooler than mine oh well). Good doubles stuff with Haru, and nice talk about Ivysaur stuff I've been missing. Whoever it was that was down to go to Brinstar (I think it was Soul actually) was awesome too 'cause everyone else turned that down so fast. I've got a lot to learn and it was a great experience.

Last edited:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Shoutouts to those who went to Lordyfest Afterparty. That was the best one yet. There was salt. There were shots. And 3 people died.

Shoutous to Mike and Benji for dying in the bathroom. Shoutouts to Brayden for dying on the kitchen floor. Shoutouts to crews. Shoutouts to money matches. I wonder if Chris will upload some of the media he took over the night :yeahboi:

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
ouch lordy. wish i could have gone. i knew it would be mad hype. life johns like crazy.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
destroyed.jpg

This picture sums up how much fun we had all weekend.

TECH'S: "THAT'S A SHOT!" SHOUTOUT!

SuperTH: Congrats on your win this weekend. It shows that you really wanted it. I'm gonna spank that ass next time though. I get better with every tournament.

Lordy: Keifer!!!! You bring so much hype and fun to these events. Its always fun as hell chilling with you. I'm sad to see you take 2nd at this but I know you're come back with a vengeance. Can't wait to see you again!

Benji: Every West MI tournament I go to I get to know someone a bit better and I end up really liking them. And this time, that person was you. Such a cool guy and the late night Buffy marathon was too good. It was fun playing you. I'll give you the rematch you want next time I'm up here. And be ready because I'll be even better. Looking forward to playing you/chilling with you again.

Daddy's Kisses: You are so freaking good. With more experience you're gonna be winning tournaments. Your improvement rate is freaking scary. Great player. I love watching your Mewtwo. Oh and thank you for turning me on to that Kinky drink. Its DELICIOUS.

Shwickid: Bopped me again, Mike! I swear once I get a little more seasoned I've got your number. Pretty impressive player though. No shame in losing to you. Cool guy to hang with too. Lets get some practice in soon.

TBird: When we played in Brawl back in the day, I always knew you had potential. And now I'm seeing it when you play PM. Very precise and technical player. It shows that you worked really hard in this game Colin. Keep it going and you might be the best in MI one day. Real talk. Thanks again for picking me up from the bus stop. I'll see ya soon!

Zbet: GGs in pools! Smooth and smart Fox. I had a tough time with it. In our MM though....rofl you were so plastered. It was nice haging out with you. Very cool guy. You looked like you were having so much fun. You even passed out on the floor with a smile on your face rofl!

Storm: Jason!! It was so nice seeing you again. Omfg we had so much fun kicking each others asses in the silliest friendlies all day. We'll get that MM in next time. You're definitely one of my favorite West MI people to just chill and bs with. I'll see ya soon! Oh and I'm still so jealous you got those slick ass Beats for that cheap! lol

Jawsome: My friend. My brother. My rival. My partner in crime. You make these events soooooooo much fun for me. I'm always happy to hang out with you and party with you. We will definitely get that MM when I come back and we will definitely party our asses off again. Maybe I can visit again for 3 or 4 days. I'm always kind of heartbroken to go back home after one of these events and you're a huge part of the reason behind it. Never change!! Also, you have gotten a lot better recently. Once you gain consistency, you're gonna be a BEAST. Always a pleasure, my friend.

BFlake: Thank you for dropping me off at the bus stop. And also...I'm SUPER impressed with your improvement! Did you know you were the only person I money matched that beat me? I'm really happy to see you start shining Brendan. Keep it up!

Haru: Good games! I'll take that MM! See ya in a few weeks perhaps.

Root: Thank you soooooooooooooo much for hosting a really fun event. I had a ****ing blast at this. And those pictures you took are priceless. We'll have to MM next time too! Thanks again for everything. You do so much for the West MI community. Its really awesome to see someone step up!

McK: You almost had me in pools. By Game 3, I figured out what was going on. But Games 1 and 2 were pretty scary lol. You've gotten much better yourself! Keep it up and let's play again soon.

Ace/Erise: Didn't really talk to you guys but GGs in bracket.

Soul: Ey son, we need to connect soon. You know how to find me.

Chet: So sad you couldn't go to this tournament but it was great to see you at the parties!

Robjoe: I feel like I helped corrupt you. And I love it rofl. Nice seeing you again <3

I had a blast this weekend. I learned soooooooo much stuff in the game and I had a lot of fun too. West MI has my heart! Stay sexy and I'll be back soon to tear **** up!

- TC

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
So I guess I'll do some shoutouts.

Super's Saltless Shoutouts

Root: Thanks for hosting such a solid tournament, and for just rolling with my high tension. This was definitely the best rootfest I've had the pleasure of attending, 'cause I got to lean back and just play Smash. Sorry that I didn't help much with anything, I just wanted to focus on the tournament. Cool series, cooler guy.

Tech_Chase: The guru himself, it was hype seeing you adapt and learn PM to such a level that you're already toe to toe with some of our region's best. You certainly had me rethinking certain approaches against Sheik. Stoked to hear you're coming out to West MI. Even trades, my man. Hopefully we can party for once, without me having to worry about the morning after.

Jawsome: Great seeing ya, buddy. I didn't get to catch any of your games, but I'm sure you pulled the usual Jawsome jank. Keep up that Squirtle, my man.

Haru: Good seeing you too, man. I know our matchups a bit funky, but watching your other games, I could see a level of skill just waiting on the wings. I hope you keep practicing, because I can tell you can be a force.

TBird: The fact you don't miss your combos nearly as much as you used to is fear itself wrapped around a kneecap. Playing you is a lesson in defense, and you're almost to the point where one grab is one stock, and that is terrifying. I'd say I have to watch my back around you, but I think Lordy's about to feel your knee first.

Lordy: Sad there were no teams, I would have liked to stick around for afterparty doubles shenanigans and crew battle. Thanks for hosting the parties, and you'll be sorely missed. Unless Tech moves in with TBird, then y'know you're completely replaceable.

LMT: Every pool, you teach me more of the sorely-needed Link knowledge. You're almost a state threat, I can feel it, just need to get a hold of those PM ATs. AGT is your friend, and with it I think you'll suddenly become the secret boss of Michigan. Thanks for the Link Dittos, your combos were intense.

Benji: Sorry I didn't accept the money match, I was straight whipped from the tournament and wanted to ride that high for as long as possible, before having it all come crashing down, ha. I want to meet up in Bracket and settle the score there. Unless of course, you have a $20 burning a hole in your pocket...

Daddy's Kisses: That Mewtwo though! I certainly thought I had a solid chance meeting up with you in Grand Finals, watching your Mewtwo take names left and right and seriously put the entire tournament on edge. You're an inspiring guy, knowing you don't get out to too many tournaments and yet showcase such skill and knowledge. Everyone has to look out for you now, as you're certainly making a name for yourself in West Michigan.

Zbet: Hype seeing you come out to this, and even though your placement is low, don't give up. This janky game is too much fun to put down... now where's that Zelda?

Trail: Never, even against Oro?!, did I fear so much from a single game in a set. Seeing just how big Bowser is on FoD and just staring down that behemoth in your control made that match unforgettable to me. Your playstyle has so much presence I could hardly believe I broke through and took you out. I'm sure as you become more versed in PM, you won't be missing any Bair edgeguards with Ganon, either.

Bigy: I didn't get to play your DK this time, and watching your set against Lordy, that made me ultra sad. Your fundamentals make you a scary player, and I hope we get to meet in bracket again sometime soon!

To Everyone Else: You're Too S(tauntcancel)You're Too S(tauntcancel)You're Too S(tauntcancel)You're Too Slow!

Top Bottom