• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Missed Nintendo's Stream at SDCC? Watch The Whole Thing Here

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Nintendo had a strong showing at Comic-Con San Diego 2014, with a livestream featuring Smash Brothers for Wii U/3DS alongside many other upcoming games for Nintendo systems. For those who were unable to watch the whole thing, Nintendo has provided full videos of the entire weekend stream for fans to enjoy! Watch Bill Trinen, JC Rodrigo, and Melee It On Me's Scar and Toph alongside many other Nintendo staff members, playing games and having a great time doing it.

SDCC Day One

SDCC Day Two
If you're only looking for Smash Brothers footage, check out 0:26:00, 1:02:00, 1:33:55, 3:20:05, and 3:58:30 onward in Day one. Day two also holds a lot of Smash - find it at 0:20:00, 1:13:23, 1:30:00, 3:04:20, 4:00:0, 5:25:00 and 6:21:40.

The Derrit loved watching these, especially the TrinTrolling parts. Follow him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I'm dying for this game to come!! I'm upset that Japan gets it first, but it's always been this way for obvious reasons. Anyways, I really hope we see both versions of the game featured in tournaments and at events like SDCC and possibly EVO, possibly.

Last edited:

pickle962

Smash Lord
Why would I want to watch a boring stream that was less smash and more random games no one cares about sans the people playing them?

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Now I can watch Bowser own himself whenever I want! :laugh:

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Bill Trinen saying he'd do combos when the stream started. Not once did I see any real combos, plus every time he said the word "combo" I'd just cringe.
These guys need to stop trying so hard to seem suddenly competitive when they're not even good lmao.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Bill Trinen saying he'd do combos when the stream started. Not once did I see any real combos, plus every time he said the word "combo" I'd just cringe.
These guys need to stop trying so hard to seem suddenly competitive when they're not even good lmao.
I find it amazing how guys who work at Nintendo are so bad at the game they are promoting. Anytime I see previews from developers/publishers from other games like BlazBlue or Street Fighter the combos are usually mid to high tier stuff. They really give a good idea of how the character plays.

But man, when Nintendo does it... it's painful to watch at times. But, at least they are showing game play and for that I am grateful. Can't wait for the game to be released.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
I find it amazing how guys who work at Nintendo are so bad at the game they are promoting. Anytime I see previews from developers/publishers from other games like BlazBlue or Street Fighter the combos are usually mid to high tier stuff. They really give a good idea of how the character plays.
Nintendo of America doesn't develop games. There's your answer

lightdasher

Smash Lord
You guys need to stop pushing the game too far from what it is so it's "m-muh melee competitive"

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
You guys need to stop pushing the game too far from what it is so it's "m-muh melee competitive"
Not once did I try pushing the game in any way? I'm not even the kind of people that want Melee 2.0, especially when Project M already covers that and it's what I started playing competitively with in the first place. As long as they make a Smash game that isn't slow, floaty and boring like Brawl, I'm happy. I enjoyed the Brawl+ hack, which seems pretty similar to SSB4 in gameplay, so I'm fairly sure I'll enjoy myself with this game.

All I'm saying here is, Nintendo's suddenly trying way too hard to seem competitive, or trying to be supportive of Smash's competitive side, even though everyone that works at Nintendo is about as good as that one friend of yours that throws moves all over the place when they won't even land but he still does it anyway. Not only did Bill Trinen saying he'd do Wii U combos and not even delivering anything other than a generic fight, he uses the "No Johns" thing on Scar. It's like they're trying way too hard to be "k00l" in competitive people's eyes by claiming they're gonna do super cool combos or by using terminology the competitive community came up with and still uses to this day. It's all embarrassing if you ask me.

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582

But man, when Nintendo does it... it's painful to watch at times. But, at least they are showing game play and for that I am grateful. Can't wait for the game to be released.
There needs to be a Seth Killian for nintendo/smash

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Nintendo of America doesn't develop games. There's your answer
There needs to be a Seth Killian for nintendo/smash
Seth Killian being a Capcom Community manager, not a developer, who is also good at Street Fighter. Maybe not win Evo good but he can pull off mid level combos.

Akibo Shieh is another person who leads a publishing company for a major fighting game. I heard he's good at BlazBlue and I have seen him do character show cases for Guilty Gear, but he doesn't actually develop the games because that's Ark Systems Work's job. Akibo is the CEO of Arksys Games.

Not saying the Nintendo Treehouse gang have to be tournament regulars but if you're going to demonstrate characters I would think you would show what they are capable of. I mean, Bill Trenien was decent when he tried but everyone else seemed to be messing around when we the fans watched patiently for any valuable details they could have shown. :/

I'd be happy with Brawl 2 as long as it doesn't have tripping. I've played Smash since 64 and have been a long time Nintendo fan. If it's competitive, great. I can watch tourny streams like I do now. If not, cool. I'll buy it again on Virtual Console like I did Smash 64. But I can fell where Yuchi is coming from. The guy said he would show combos but all he did was sit behind Yellow Devil and taunt. I'm glad he is having fun. At the same time he shouldn't be talking about combos just because he got a memo saying this Smash game would be more competitive friendly then Brawl. Makes him look ignorant.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
Seth Killian being a Capcom Community manager, not a developer, who is also good at Street Fighter. Maybe not win Evo good but he can pull off mid level combos.

Akibo Shieh is another person who leads a publishing company for a major fighting game. I heard he's good at BlazBlue and I have seen him do character show cases for Guilty Gear, but he doesn't actually develop the games because that's Ark Systems Work's job. Akibo is the CEO of Arksys Games.
Seth Killian was barely a Capcom employee. And you "heard" Akibo Shieh is good at BlazBlue? These aren't great examples. Of course Bill Trinen is a goof at playing video games. (Did you see how terrible he was at Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels?) He's the Senior Product Marketing Manager of NOA and his talent is translating for Shigeru Miyamoto. Does that sound like a master gamer to you? It's unrealistic for anyone to think anybody in America (Nintendo employee or otherwise) has a voice when it comes to the development of these games.

Da Black Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BlackRabbit87
3DS FC
1650-1675-4360
Seth Killian was barely a Capcom employee. And you "heard" Akibo Shieh is good at BlazBlue?
Yeah, I heard he's good at BlazBlue. I've SEEN said CEO of Arksys Games do character demonstrations for Guilty Gear and he's good at that game. And how can someone "barely" be a Capcom employee. He gets a pay check from them. They give him health benefits. He has a salary. And he's good at Street Fighter. Even outside the fighting game realm, Major Nelson is actually good at Halo and he never worked for Bungie or 343 Studios.

Of course Bill Trinen is a goof at playing video games. (Did you see how terrible he was at Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels?) He's the Senior Product Marketing Manager of NOA and his talent is translating for Shigeru Miyamoto. Does that sound like a master gamer to you? It's unrealistic for anyone to think anybody in America (Nintendo employee or otherwise) has a voice when it comes to the development of these games.
Not saying the Nintendo Treehouse gang have to be tournament regulars but if you're going to demonstrate characters I would think you would show what they are capable of.
I honestly don't know what you're trying to get at. I never suggested Bill T had anything to do with Smash's game development. My guess is that he had nothing to do with it. All I am saying is if you're going to show off "combos" then do just that. Don't go around talking like you've been "hip" to the tournament scene of Smash for years when Nintendo sent you a memo in you inbox 6 months ago that Sakurai cares about the wave dashers. Again, it makes you look ignorant and foolish. If Bill and JC would of came on stream and said they where just going to show the game and have fun then cool. I don't expect them to tell me if Directional influence can go beyond 18% or not.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Da Black Rabbit, you just take words right off my mouth exactly how I'd like to hear them.

Newt Floss

Smash Journeyman
And I honestly don't know what you're trying to get at. I never suggested Bill T had anything to do with Smash's game development.
Sorry. That last part actually wasn't directed toward you. I was commenting on the general opinion I've seen expressed many times by others on this board. Again, sorry for the confusion. My bad.

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
For everyone talking about how these people suck at Smash even though they're the developers, they're not. They are all just people who work at NoA and get the chance to play it, possibly because they're translating or something of the sorts. All of the developers are at Japan still working on the game.

So don't say that the developers suck at the game when we've never actually seen them play.

Top Bottom