• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data Decisive Games Introduction Thread (make sure to check the new forum rules as well!)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer

Banner Artist: #HBC | Nabe #HBC | Nabe

Welcome to Decisive Games!

This sub-forum is for more serious strategic games which take place over many days. Most games require you to sign up beforehand. The main game which we play is Mafia, aka Werewolf. If you have any interest in these type of games, feel free to introduce yourself or ask questions in this thread.

What is Mafia?

Mafia is a social deduction game where two teams try to eliminate each other. Mafia players know who their team-mates are, and can freely talk with them in private. They are also able to kill one player during each Night phase. Town players only know that they are town, but they have the advantage of superior numbers. By talking and debating during the Day phase, Townies will look to find the Mafia, while Mafia aim to blend in and avoid suspicion. During the Day phase, all players may vote on who they think should be eliminated; with enough votes, a player will die and their alignment (Town/Mafia) will be revealed. Day and Night phases continue to alternate until one team is the winner.

For more general information about the game of mafia, the mafiascum.net wiki is a good resource.

Joining a game.

If you wish to join a game, please look for a thread asking people to sign up. If you cannot find one, you can express your interest in this thread or the social thread, as there can be gaps between different mafia games. New players are welcome, but please understand that most games last multiple weeks, and signing up is a commitment. If you are undecided about joining a game, asking questions here or browsing some of our completed games can give you more information on what to expect.

Hosting a game.

We currently use an informal system for hosting mafia games. If you are interested in running a mafia game, we would prefer if you suggest the theme or idea you have in our 'upcoming games' thread or in the social thread so that other players can know what to look forward to, and to avoid conflicts with existing plans. If you wish to host a non-mafia game, first please check whether your game is better suited for the Forum Games section. If not, then we would be happy to hear about it! Games such as Ricochet and Diplomacy have been played here in the past.

Further Questions?

Just ask!

Last edited by a moderator:

tmw_redcell

ULTRA GORGEOUS
BRoomer
Sign-Ups

(Mini) #HBC | Laundry's UPicky Mini Mafia

1. RosalinaSGS
2. Aoi Inu
3. JayTheUnseen
4. Captain Hotcakes
5. JTB
6. Luigi#1
7. CyberHyperPhoenix

Mini Queue
  • #HBC | Chaco

A list of completed games, along with completed Adventure, Role-Playing, and Diplomacy games, can be found in the Decisive Games Archive.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
As long as mine can be done before the summer (specifically, May 13th), then I'm good. I'm going to be out of the country for most of the summer.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I want to sign up to host a game. Bout time I did methinks

Handorin

Smash Hero
I never saw this....

but I wanted to do one after omis? and then Rockin got to do one. ARGHH XD

sign me up.

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I will sign up now, just because I know that the list will start to grow soon and then I'll never be able to get on. I'm signing up because I know that sometime soon I will want to host a game, and with a spot here I will be able to. Place me in last for now.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I never saw this....

but I wanted to do one after omis? and then Rockin got to do one. ARGHH XD

sign me up.
This was made around the middle of Omis' game. I asked Tom if I could make my game next, and he feels there should be a list of who gets to make one next.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I too like the just doing it method. Having a least seems pretty lame to me.
To be frank, you did slip in your game before a bunch of other people who had outwardly expressed interest in hosting a game. And in good judgement, they are all holding off hosting their game so that yours doesn't die of inactivity. So it doesn't matter if you think its "lame."

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
He... doesn't.

He is hosting a game right now not in Decisive Games, and he plays mafia over at EM. But I don't think he's played a Decisive Game. Which is a shame. He would rock face in Batman: We Own the Knight.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I think Im gonna post mine in a few days once I get it all tweaked and someone else doesnt go.

>_>

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Mine's ready to go. Like I said, mine would have to be finish before May 13th, which means starting relatively soon. I'm going to talk to tmw and Scav and see what they think about me doing mine now.

Mine's going to be EPIC, and anyone who wants to should join. :p I'm not going to do anything until I talk to redcell and Scav first though.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Mine's ready to go. Like I said, mine would have to be finish before May 13th, which means starting relatively soon. I'm going to talk to tmw and Scav and see what they think about me doing mine now.

Mine's going to be EPIC, and anyone who wants to should join. :p I'm not going to do anything until I talk to redcell and Scav first though.
Yay.

I hope it's epic.

Kinda like Hellhouse mafia. It's been my favorite even though I joined reallllly late in the game (even if it was day one or two) and that it never finished.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Well, it looks like I am next in line after all, so signups for my game will be posted in the next few days. I think the subject matter will be enough to grab everyone's attention. :)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
So I assume the next people on the queue can start a game fairly soon.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I updated the list to accurately show Yaya, and I also added myself to the end.

M3D said he will have his game ready this weekend.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
I'll sign up for a thing.

I reserve the right to delay it indefinitely however, in case I'm busy and/or don't feel like it.

And I sear to all of you that I'll make it much, much smaller than HBM.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I updated the list to accurately show Yaya, and I also added myself to the end.

M3D said he will have his game ready this weekend.
I like how Im still now on this list, despite me posting in this thread, and telling you personally several times.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
In the future I would liek to host one of these

but you can keep in last until i get the feel for it :)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm in regular contact with M3D, his game goes up tonight or tomorrow, no worries. Something to think about is that if you are already in Dinomafia, you might want to just let other people sign up for M3D's game so that you don't take someone's slot who is not currently playing a game. Don't be greedy!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
No, I'm being absolutely serious. It is a good idea to let people play who are not currently playing a game.

Niiro

Smash Ace
Does it count if you were playing, but got voted off/ night killed?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
You wouldn't currently be in a game... its really not a rule set in stone. As we get more gamers we will have more people wanting to play, and we will have to start being nice about signups until we have enough people to easily run three games at a time.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
@_@ hopefully my message isnt getting lost like i think it is

You are still allowed to sign up for a game if you are currently in a game. It would just be nice of you to wait for people who aren't in a game to sign up, or to give your spot to someone who signs up too late if they aren't currently in a game and you are.

Kindness goes a long way.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
nah it makes sense. letting people who arent in a game play means they will (most likely) be active and arent trying to juggle two at once. keeps things moving...and allows more people to play :)

Top Bottom