• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo, the god of Custom Moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
BEFORE READING ONWARDS - THIS ONLY WORKS ON THE WII U VERSION. USE POWERSAVES FOR 3DS.

Well, Mewtwo is officially the GOD of customs. Use this before it's gone, because it won't last long.

First, watch this video:

Earlier today, after remembering that Neutral Special 2 (which shall now be dubbed Shadow Morph) hits every intractable object on the stage, I decided to grab a Mii and test this in Trophy Rush. I wanted to see if I could spam the move to destroy the blocks similar to Palutena's Heavenly Light. Well, I got what I wanted. However, I got it in a very unexpected way -- I present to you, stage morphing!

As you can see in the video, Mewtwo starts off by teleporting to the middle of the stage while turning invisible, breaking some existing blocks in the process. He takes some damage, with a brief pause as blocks fall through the now collision-less stage. Then the fun part starts. None of the falling objects are getting past Mewtwo, as they're broken right when they spawn. This is because when Mewtwo uses Shadow Morph, every hitbox he throws out for jab 1 and all of his tilts is stretched beyond belief to hit every intractable object that is present on the stage.

Now, this glitch reacts differently when done on normal stages, which is why it's called stage morphing. When done on any playable stage, Mewtwo will throw out an invisible Shadow Ball that does 2%, teleport to the right ledge of any stage/platform he's standing on, and turn invisible himself. Similar to Trophy Rush, all tilts and jab 1 hit every intractable object on the stage, whether this be an opponent, item or hazard. However, his hurtbox is also extended, so any hitbox will end up damaging him, knocking him out this state. Along with that, moving around or rolling will take Mewtwo out of it. However... jumping is the fun part. When Mewtwo jumps while in this state, he teleports into the blast zone, then back into the stage. He's now morphed with it.

When morphed into the stage, a couple things happen. Mewtwo is completely invisible, shoved in the middle of whatever stage this glitch may be done on. The same rules apply where all hitboxes/hurtboxes are stretched to cover everything. However, Mewtwo can never be knocked out of this state, so he's safe from dying, but he cannot exit it, either, so he's stuck in the stage regardless. Mewtwo is airborne while morphed into the stage, so he can only use aerials, specials and airdodges. For some reason, his F-Air, N-Air and D-Air only hit some characters/enemies/bosses when used on certain stages, whereas his B-Air and U-Air hits everyone. More research will need to go into why this happens and who it works on.

Now that the glitch is explained, let's go over why Mewtwo is now the god of customs.
~The ideal set for this is 2333, Shadow Morph, Surfboard, Fly and Dance of Time. Explanations found below.~

Stage Morphing destroys any single-player mode that allows customs. Classic Mode, Master Orders, Crazy Orders, Event Mode and Trophy Rush are all affected by this. As apparent, Classic Mode, Crazy Orders and Trophy Rush are considered the ideal modes when it comes to gathering custom moves, Mii Fighter clothing, CDs, equipment, etc, so let's go over those three individual moves and how this affects them.

Universal Stage Selection:
Here is a stage analysis for Shadow Morph by @ TonyTheTiger TonyTheTiger !

Really love how in-depth this is, Reserved!

I was toying around with this a little earlier myself, and I figured i'd post some extra tips I found for other folks who are interested in trying Neutral Special 2 in Crazy Orders:
  • This exploit works perfectly in conjunction with First Striker equipment. First Striker's ten second invincibility is instantaneous, and allows Mewtwo to spam Neutral Special 2 even on most of the stages with volatile hazards (Norfair, Mute City, etc).
  • I personally recommend using Neutral Special 2 -> Ftilt over the Dtilt. Possibly Neutral Special 2 into itself, for users with turbo controllers. They're generally faster in completing rounds, since both move's knockback angles are mostly horizontal. You won't have to worry about those special vertical kill animations stalling out the clock.
  • You can exploit Neutral Special 2 on nearly every walk-off stage. This is as long as said stage has platforms available. You can perform Neutral Special 2 on platforms without dying immediately, you'll just be teleported to the rightmost edge.
  • There are only two exceptions to this: Windy Hill Zone and Mario Galaxy. I'm assuming it has something to with their special properties. (Curved gravity?)
Also, I went ahead and tested Neutral Special 2 for a little bit on each stage. I really recommend First Striker, but this is also for folks who might not have access to those equipment. Here are my findings, the green indicates stages I would go to, the red indicates stages I would avoid, and the yellow indicates stages that you can pick, but should be quite careful on:

Battlefield: Neutral Special 2 is perfectly safe from any location.
Big Battlefield: Neutral Special 2 is perfectly safe from any location.
Final Destination: Neutral Special 2 is perfectly safe from any location.
Mario Galaxy: Neutral Special 2 is never safe from any location. This includes platforms.
Mushroom Kingdom U: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Mario Circuit: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends. The stage can transform into a walk-off, but you likely won't have to deal with it.
Delfino Plaza: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage can transform into a walk-off, but you likely won't have to deal with it.
Luigi's Mansion: Neutral Special 2 is perfectly safe from any location.
Mario Circuit (Brawl): Neutral Special 2 is safe on both the left-most and center platforms. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Woolly World: Neutral Special 2 is safe on all platforms.
Yoshi's Island: Neutral Special 2 is safe, but only when performed on either the left-most platform, or the left side of the stage after any of the destructible platforms have been destroyed. If a platform is destroyed after Mewtwo performs Neutral Special 2 on it, he will disappear from the stage, but still be able to harm opponents.
Jungle Hijinx: Neutral Special 2 is perfectly safe from any location.
Kongo Jungle 64: Neutral Special 2 is perfectly safe from any location.
75m: Neutral Special 2 is only safe if First Striker is active. Hazards (Trouble Bugs) are consistent and will always damage Mewtwo as long as he is vulnerable.
Skyloft: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends. The stage can transform into a walk-off, but you likely won't have to deal with it.
Temple: Neutral Special 2 is perfectly safe from any location.
Bridge of Eldin: Neutral Special 2 is safe, but only when performed on the left side of the stage after it has been destroyed. If the bridge is restored after Mewtwo performs Neutral Special 2 on it, he will disappear from the stage, but still be able to harm opponents.
Pyrosphere: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Norfair: Neutral Special 2 is only safe if First Striker is active. Hazards (lava) are consistent and will always damage Mewtwo as long as he is vulnerable.
Great Cave Offensive: Neutral Special 2 is only safe if First Striker is active. Hazards (lava) are consistent and will always damage Mewtwo as long as he is vulnerable. Mewtwo will not be killed at 100+% unless he comes in direct contact with one of the lava zones.
Halberd: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends. The stage can transform into a walk-off, but you likely won't have to deal with it.
Orbital Gate Assault: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has does have a consistent hazard, but it deals no knockback, and therefore won't knock Mewtwo away upon use. The stage does have occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Lylat Cruise: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. Try to avoid the engines, as the tilting does occasionally effect you. (Mewtwo disappears, unable to attack and unable to be killed.)
Kalos Pokemon League: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends. The stage can transform into a walk-off, but you likely won't have to deal with it.
Pokémon Stadium 2: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. Avoid using it on stage during the electrical transformation. (Mewtwo disappears, unable to attack and unable to be killed.)
Port Town Aero Drive: Neutral Special 2 is usually not safe from any location without First Striker active. You can use Neutral Special 2 during the beginning of most alternative transformations. (Whenever the stage isn't "moving.")
Onett: Neutral Special 2 is safe on all platforms. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Coliseum: Neutral Special 2 is safe on all platforms, once they appear.
Castle Siege: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage can transform into a walk-off, but you likely won't have to deal with it.
Flat Zone X: Neutral Special 2 is safe on all platforms. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Palutena's Temple: Neutral Special 2 is only safe if First Striker is active. Hazards (spikes) are consistent and will always damage Mewtwo as long as he is vulnerable.
Skyworld: Neutral Special 2 is perfectly safe from any location.
Gamer: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Garden of Hope: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Town and City: Neutral Special 2 is perfectly safe from any location.
Smashville: Neutral Special 2 is perfectly safe from any location.
Boxing Ring: Neutral Special 2 is safe from most locations, sans the right-most walk-off. If the headlights are destroyed after Mewtwo performs Neutral Special 2 on them, he will disappear from the stage, but still be able to harm opponents.
Wii Fit Studio: Neutral Special 2 is safe on all platforms.
Gaur Plain: Neutral Special 2 is safe from most locations, sans the upper-right walk-off. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Duck Hunt: Neutral Special 2 is safe on all platforms.
Wrecking Crew: This is a weird one. Bombs usually won't damage you much, and aren't really a threat. You can usually spam Neutral Special 2 without any major problems. Barrels, however, can still catch you leaving you temporarily immobile and vulnerable to opponent attacks. You can usually get by without First Striker, regardless.
Pilotwings: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. Tilting does occasionally effect you, though I'm not sure why? (Mewtwo disappears, unable to attack and unable to be killed.)
Wuhu Island: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. Must wait for the water travelling transformation to end if you want to use Neutral Special 2 without First Striker, as it deals minor knockback. The stage can transform into a walk-off, but you likely won't have to deal with it.
Windy Hill Zone: Neutral Special 2 is never safe from any location. This includes platforms.
Wily Castle: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Pac-Land: It actually is possible to use Neutral Special 2 from most locations on this stage, but I highly discourage it. Commonly has issues of enemies disappearing from the stage without being killed, forcing one to restart/end Crazy Orders.
On stages that aren't recommended, use alternate methods to deal with opponents (ie: Surfboard + Fly) or avoid them.

Classic Mode (9.0):
This video is for demonstration purposes, which is why the home button trick isn't used.

Classic Mode becomes a complete and utter mess of "what is happening" when this glitch is used. Mewtwo destroys everything. Let's go over the phases of Classic Mode...

1st Phase - During the first phase of Classic Mode, the player has multiple free-for-all fights to choose from. This phase is simple. Start off by going to the biggest group of fighters and using the home button trick to get whatever reward you'd like. Once the battle starts, slow down time by using Dance of Time (Down Special 3) so that any action the CPUs start with will be negated. If you try to start by using Shadow Morph, the CPUs will usually hit you out of it. Once DoT is finished, immediately use Shadow Morph and spam D-Tilt. Repeat this process for the first phase. If any intruders come in as metal, Shadow Morph > D-Tilt any other fighters, then run up to the metal fighter, use Surfboard, then either self destruct, or if the stage has walk-offs, jump, immediately use Fly, spam double jump, then at the peak of your jump use N-Air.

2nd Phase - The second phase follows the same steps as the first phase, even with the Mii Fighting Team. The only thing that's changed is the fighters now have cool alt costumes and you may run into a couple team battles. If you have Zelda as a selection, always choose her for maximum sass in your D-Tilt spam.

3rd Phase - This is where things start to get tricky. To go through this phase, we'll go over the individual bosses you fight in it, starting with Master Hand and Crazy Hand. When the battle starts with these two, Shadow Morph into the stage and spam B-Air or U-Air until they're dead. Try to avoid taking damage here by using DoT if you're going for the "no stocks lost on 9.0" challenge. During any transition (ie: Master Hand turning into Master Core, Master Core changing forms) DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING. While the forms are changing, for some reason certain actions may kill Mewtwo or cover the screen with a white flash.

The hardest part of this phase is when fighting Master Giant. Once Master Giant comes into play, only use B-Air. If you're going for the "no stocks lost on 9.0" challenge, avoid taking damage by using DoT as you will die if you take too much. The reason being that while Master Giant is relatively easy to beat, it's attacks involve Final Destination itself. As you're morphed into this... you can die. The only attack that can potentially kill you is when Master Giant splits open it's head and starts sucking in everything. Nothing you do can avoid this, so you're going to have to take the hits. If you survived that move, immediately use Shadow Morph to go back into the stage, as DoT can not protect you from certain moves here. If you got K.O.'d, drop down and Shadow Morph during the invincibility frames. After that, spam your moves to finish this part off.

Once Master Beast spawns in, just attack him. Nothing Master Beast does will kill you, and at this point taking damage doesn't matter. Be quick about it, though, as the clock is ticking away. Master Edges is basically custom Villager, as it tries to time you out.

Master Edges. Master Edges is the most annoying thing ever to be created when you're morphed into the stage, as you have to take all the hits. When it first spawns in, spam U-Air before it starts attacking. The main problem with this part is that Master Edges attacks rapidly with minimal time in between, so the hitstun inflicted between attacks makes it so you can't hit back whatsoever. The way to avoid this is to pause/unpause the game, attack, and repeat around three or four times during the first phase. I'm not sure why this works, but it does. After you get a couple hits in, spam U-Air while you're getting completely destroyed by Master Edges. After a bit of attacking, it finally lays off enough for Mewtwo to kill it.

When Master Shadow comes in, start spamming B-Air. If you let Master Shadow move around and attack, the whole run could potentially be ruined. This is because Master Shadow copies Mewtwo's glitched customs, so if it decides to use them, it could morph into the stage with you. This is easy to avoid as long as you're spamming B-Air, though. It'll die once it flies into the boundaries. Once Master Shadow is defeated and Master Fortress is spawning, spam attacks as fast as you can, or you'll die for no apparent reason.

Once Master Fortress spawns, all the hazards inside of it will repeatedly hit you. Use the same pause/unpause trick that was done for Master Edges while spamming U-Air in between. After a bit of attacking, Mewtwo will pop out for no apparent reason. Grab the Heart Container and jump inside, then morph into Master Fortress. Spam U-Air once this happens and it'll eventually die. Once Master Core reveals itself, just attack it and you're done.

Crazy Orders:
Once again, this video is for demonstration purposes.

Crazy Orders becomes quite possibly the best method for gathering customs when this glitch is used. Getting 99-turn runs with this glitch is fairly easy, and nets you amazing prizes. For example, one of my runs got me all remaining Mii Fighter hats and outfits I needed to collect, along with a couple full sets of custom moves. Using this method, I got half the casts custom moves, all Mii Fighter clothing and every CD in the game after a couple runs. To explain this mode, I'll explain the various orders you can choose. It should be noted that avoiding the stages listed above is crucial to get maximum results.

Metal Battles:
When fighting in Metal Battles, simply latch on to the opponent using Surfboard, then either self destruct or use Fly to K.O. them off the top of the stage depending on whether the stage has walk-offs or not. For the fastest results, don't slow down time with DoT. Just latch and die.

Giant Battles:
Giant Battles follow the same rules as Metal Battles. However, be a bit more wary of getting hit, as it'll eat up a lot of time if you do.

Free For Alls, Teams and Hordes:
Free For Alls, Teams and Hordes is simply using Shadow Morph and spamming Mewtwo's D-Tilt to kill all the opponents. It is recommended to use DoT when the battle starts depending on the amount of fighters, as getting hit out of Shadow Morph will waste time.

Crazy Hand Battle:
All you need to do during this battle is Shadow Morph into the stage and spam B-Air or U-Air. You can't collect the chests, but as far as I know, those chests only contain trophies.

Trophy Rush:

Trophy Rush is fairly simple, and is pretty much described above. To re-iterate, though, all that is needed is going into Trophy Rush, using Shadow Morph, then spamming any of Mewtwo's tilts. This can net you tons of trophies along with a couple custom moves, so getting all the trophies in the game is fairly easy using it.

---

Aaaaannndddd.... that's it! I think everything is covered that needs to be covered. Today we are all Mew2Kings.

Last edited:

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
Great stuff. I guess this is why Nintendo hasn't released the custom specials yet, A LOT of kinks to iron out.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
This seems like it wouldn't be allowed if he crashes the game with it, if you do you lose the game. If he needs to download a Mii after downloading which won't be available at places without wifi and even with it the above issues are still a thing.

Cool for single player or at home.

Cool

Smash Journeyman
Wow... I still need most of the custom moves, I might try this.

Thank you!

Last edited:

TonyTheTiger

It's GREAT!

I was toying around with this a little earlier myself, and I figured i'd post some extra tips I found for other folks who are interested in trying Neutral Special 2 in Crazy Orders:
  • This exploit works perfectly in conjunction with First Striker equipment. First Striker's ten second invincibility is instantaneous, and allows Mewtwo to spam Neutral Special 2 even on most of the stages with volatile hazards (Norfair, Mute City, etc).
  • I personally recommend using Neutral Special 2 -> Ftilt over the Dtilt. Possibly Neutral Special 2 into itself, for users with turbo controllers. They're generally faster in completing rounds, since both move's knockback angles are mostly horizontal. You won't have to worry about those special vertical kill animations stalling out the clock.
  • You can exploit Neutral Special 2 on nearly every walk-off stage. This is as long as said stage has platforms available. You can perform Neutral Special 2 on platforms without dying immediately, you'll just be teleported to the rightmost edge.
  • There are only two exceptions to this: Windy Hill Zone and Mario Galaxy. I'm assuming it has something to with their special properties. (Curved gravity?)
Also, I went ahead and tested Neutral Special 2 for a little bit on each stage. I really recommend First Striker, but this is also for folks who might not have access to those equipment. Here are my findings, the green indicates stages I would go to, the red indicates stages I would avoid, and the yellow indicates stages that you can pick, but should be quite careful on:

Mario Galaxy: Neutral Special 2 is never safe from any location. This includes platforms.
Mushroom Kingdom U: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Mario Circuit: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends. The stage can transform into a walk-off, but you likely won't have to deal with it.
Delfino Plaza: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage can transform into a walk-off, but you likely won't have to deal with it.
Mario Circuit (Brawl): Neutral Special 2 is safe on both the left-most and center platforms. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Yoshi's Island: Neutral Special 2 is safe, but only when performed on either the left-most platform, or the left side of the stage after any of the destructible platforms have been destroyed. If a platform is destroyed after Mewtwo performs Neutral Special 2 on it, he will disappear from the stage, but still be able to harm opponents.
75m: Neutral Special 2 is only safe if First Striker is active. Hazards (Trouble Bugs) are consistent and will always damage Mewtwo as long as he is vulnerable.
Skyloft: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends. The stage can transform into a walk-off, but you likely won't have to deal with it.
Bridge of Eldin: Neutral Special 2 is safe, but only when performed on the left side of the stage after it has been destroyed. If the bridge is restored after Mewtwo performs Neutral Special 2 on it, he will disappear from the stage, but still be able to harm opponents.
Pyrosphere: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Norfair: Neutral Special 2 is only safe if First Striker is active. Hazards (lava) are consistent and will always damage Mewtwo as long as he is vulnerable.
Great Cave Offensive: Neutral Special 2 is only safe if First Striker is active. Hazards (lava) are consistent and will always damage Mewtwo as long as he is vulnerable. Mewtwo will not be killed at 100+% unless he comes in direct contact with one of the lava zones.
Halberd: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends. The stage can transform into a walk-off, but you likely won't have to deal with it.
Orbital Gate Assault: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has does have a consistent hazard, but it deals no knockback, and therefore won't knock Mewtwo away upon use. The stage does have occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Lylat Cruise: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. Try to avoid the engines, as the tilting does occasionally effect you. (Mewtwo disappears, unable to attack and unable to be killed.)
Kalos Pokemon League: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends. The stage can transform into a walk-off, but you likely won't have to deal with it.
Pokémon Stadium 2: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. Avoid using it on stage during the electrical transformation. (Mewtwo disappears, unable to attack and unable to be killed.)
Port Town Aero Drive: Neutral Special 2 is usually not safe from any location without First Striker active. You can use Neutral Special 2 during the beginning of most alternative transformations. (Whenever the stage isn't "moving.")
Onett: Neutral Special 2 is safe on all platforms. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Castle Siege: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage can transform into a walk-off, but you likely won't have to deal with it.
Flat Zone X: Neutral Special 2 is safe on all platforms. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Palutena's Temple: Neutral Special 2 is only safe if First Striker is active. Hazards (spikes) are consistent and will always damage Mewtwo as long as he is vulnerable.
Gamer: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Garden of Hope: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Boxing Ring: Neutral Special 2 is safe from most locations, sans the right-most walk-off. If the headlights are destroyed after Mewtwo performs Neutral Special 2 on them, he will disappear from the stage, but still be able to harm opponents.
Gaur Plain: Neutral Special 2 is safe from most locations, sans the upper-right walk-off. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Wrecking Crew: This is a weird one. Bombs usually won't damage you much, and aren't really a threat. You can usually spam Neutral Special 2 without any major problems. Barrels, however, can still catch you leaving you temporarily immobile and vulnerable to opponent attacks. You can usually get by without First Striker, regardless.
Pilotwings: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. Tilting does occasionally effect you, though I'm not sure why? (Mewtwo disappears, unable to attack and unable to be killed.)
Wuhu Island: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. Must wait for the water travelling transformation to end if you want to use Neutral Special 2 without First Striker, as it deals minor knockback. The stage can transform into a walk-off, but you likely won't have to deal with it.
Windy Hill Zone: Neutral Special 2 is never safe from any location. This includes platforms.
Wily Castle: Neutral Special 2 is usually safe from any location. The stage has occasional hazards, but those shouldn't appear before First Striker's invulnerability ends.
Pac-Land: It actually is possible to use Neutral Special 2 from most locations on this stage, but I highly discourage it. Commonly has issues of enemies disappearing from the stage without being killed, forcing one to restart/end Crazy Orders.

Last edited:

Absol Sniffles You

Smash Rookie
At the very beginning of this post, it says use powersaves for 3ds, Do powersaves activate mewtwo's customs?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl

• I personally recommend using Neutral Special 2 -> Ftilt over the Dtilt. Possible Neutral Special 2 into itself, for users with turbo controllers. They're generally faster in completing rounds, since both move's knockback angles are mostly horizontal. You won't have to worry about those special vertical kill animations stalling out the clock.

This is SO GOOD. Fantastic work! Are you alright if I quote this in the OP?

Trogdorbad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Trogdorbad
Ooh, I'm gonna have to try this when I get home. I was trying to farm CDs last night with a custom stage but this'll make it so much easier.

Zarkdion

Smash Apprentice
So, sometimes, in crazy orders, when I do this glitch, one character becomes invisible and intangible like me. Is there a way to NOT do that 100% of the time?

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
So, sometimes, in crazy orders, when I do this glitch, one character becomes invisible and intangible like me. Is there a way to NOT do that 100% of the time?
Don't play on the Pac-Land stage, and make sure to start hitting the opponents once the match starts. The reason this happens is because on certain stages (at first I thought it was characters, but it's actually stages), opponents can footstool you while you're stuck in the stage, which apparently ends up with them following you.

However, this should never be happening in Crazy Orders unless you're on Pac-Land, as you shouldn't be fully stage morphing. You should just use Neutral Special 2 and then spam D-Tilt or F-Tilt.

EmblemCrossing

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EmblemCrossing
3DS FC
1590-4692-1363
You say to use Powersaves for it on 3DS, but I tried unlocking his customs with it and got nothing.

I'm assuming it doesn't work, or I just did it wrong.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
You say to use Powersaves for it on 3DS, but I tried unlocking his customs with it and got nothing.

I'm assuming it doesn't work, or I just did it wrong.
I meant use Powersaves to unlock custom moves for Wii U. If you want Mewtwo's glitched out customs, just do the glitch with Mii Fighters.

Vigilant Gambit

Smash Journeyman
Can someone post a walkthrough of the steps that have to be taken? Something like:

Create/find a mii with specials 2333, then etc.

I just came to these forums to find that turbo controller custom farming method, but this is apparently even faster?

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
imo they should allow these at tournaments

Prince17

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
Phaz#755
NNID
Legendlar
3DS FC
3840-7049-1098
Don't know why but when I get to Master Hand and Crazy Hand and I use Shadow Morph I instantly die after jumping when trying to morph into the stage. Doesn't do it 100% of the time either. I don't have the 10 seconds of invincibility so maybe that could be it? Not sure what to do about it since I've been trying to beat classic on 9.0 for the past 5 or so hours T_T

Whenever I don't instantly die on Master hand and Crazy Hand, I get grabbed by Master Giant and die..
Whenever I don't die from Master Giant's unavoidable grab, I die after killing Master Shadow
Whenever I don't die after Master Shadow, I get stuck on a white screen after using Dance of Time.
I can never win, even when cheating :crying:

EDIT: NEVERMIND, I JUST DID IT! I ACTUALLY HAVE A CHANCE NOW AT BREAKING ALL THE CHALLENGES!
:joyful:This was my last attempt for the night too!:joyful:

So uh.. Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Lucwasbeer

Smash Rookie
Hey, thanks for this info, very cool findings!
But how would you be able to equip the mewtwo with equipment (first striker)?
Because you are using the mewtwo with 'random' moves right?

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, how would I get this on an unmodded Wii U? I'd like to get the rest of the custom special stuff out of the way on console (it's stupid you have to redo everything on both platforms), and this seems like the way to do it.

Wait, I don't need to do anything funky on my 3DS to get it to Wii U. Sweet! Massive prize piles, here I come!

Last edited:

Iceweasel

Smash Ace
These aren't legit moves. It's likely just slightly corrupted placeholder data.

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
These aren't legit moves. It's likely just slightly corrupted placeholder data.
I'd think that'd be kind of obvious from how half of them crash the game. (The only not-Mewtwo unused custom to crash the game is Ness' 4th up-B) And how you can only choose them with a glitch or a hack.

And is anyone else having an inexplicable inability to transfer Mii Fighters from 3DS to Wii U, but not the opposite? Because it kinda started happening to me after last night. And it's not like have no room for more Mii Fighters on the Wii U.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Wii Fit Studio is not safe in the slightest. I died the moment I Morphed.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
It's pretty clearly stated that you need to stand on a Balance Board, because it's a walk-off stage.
I was, though. It somehow still killed me anywa- why is Smashboards being invaded by bloopers

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Sometimes neutral special 2 won't let me fire it uncharged. I'll press the special button again, but it just keeps charging, no matter how many times I mash the button. And once it's fully charged, I get stuck and can't do anything. Is there any way to prevent this?

This is an awesome way to do Trophy Rush, but I feel like it's too unreliable to do Crazy Orders with. If you screw up even a single time and fully charge the neutral special 2, you're ****ed (unless you're on a stage with frequent and powerful hazards to finish the job for you).

Story time: First battle of Crazy Orders, on Halberd. It's a team battle with items on. I screw up, can't do anything. I wait for a bit, hoping my teammate will pull through for me. He doesn't. I wait more, hoping for a bomb item to kill them. Through an amazing stroke of luck, one of them attacks a Bob-omb and dies, and the other one runs on top of Sticky Bomb and dies, with the timer now sitting at 7:00. At this point I'm at over 400%, so I decide to cut my losses and fight Crazy Hand, even though I had only survived a single round. I successfully morph into the stage, and accidentally press neutral special again... and fully charge it and get stuck.

Last edited:

Miley

Smash Cadet
Got my initial question working, but I can't get "Fly" to work at all.

When I get an unfavorable stage, I surf, then walk towards blast zone and surf again (it throws them out a bit horizontally). That said, so you don't SD, you have to inch your way and try multiple times.

How does fly work?

Last edited:

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm having trouble getting Fly to work as well. I just can't get enough height to take a soul-crushed character above the line to finish them off.

The other issue I'm having is that I'll get 20-30 turns in, and then something stupid will happen and I'll just be stuck. Nothing more rage-inducing than trying to Surf a giant opponent on Colosseum and getting neutral special instead on your 37th match.

TonyTheTiger

It's GREAT!
Wii Fit Studio is not safe in the slightest. I died the moment I Morphed.
I went back and tested Wii Fit Studio as extensively as I could. I can't seem to replicate this at all. Is it possible you could describe the situation to me in a bit more detail? Do you remember what the platform layout looked like?

Sometimes neutral special 2 won't let me fire it uncharged. I'll press the special button again, but it just keeps charging, no matter how many times I mash the button. And once it's fully charged, I get stuck and can't do anything. Is there any way to prevent this?

This is an awesome way to do Trophy Rush, but I feel like it's too unreliable to do Crazy Orders with. If you screw up even a single time and fully charge the neutral special 2, you're ****ed (unless you're on a stage with frequent and powerful hazards to finish the job for you).

Story time: First battle of Crazy Orders, on Halberd. It's a team battle with items on. I screw up, can't do anything. I wait for a bit, hoping my teammate will pull through for me. He doesn't. I wait more, hoping for a bomb item to kill them. Through an amazing stroke of luck, one of them attacks a Bob-omb and dies, and the other one runs on top of Sticky Bomb and dies, with the timer now sitting at 7:00. At this point I'm at over 400%, so I decide to cut my losses and fight Crazy Hand, even though I had only survived a single round. I successfully morph into the stage, and accidentally press neutral special again... and fully charge it and get stuck.
I've run into a similar situation a few times. Are you performing Neutral Special 2 in the air, by chance? When performing Neutral Special 2 in the air, you are locked into the move unless you release it upon landing. The window to do this it is fairly large, but if you miss you're stuck. It should also be noted that the aerial version of this move has no hitbox. I would avoid it in the air all together, only perform Neutral Special 2 when you are grounded.

Got my initial question working, but I can't get "Fly" to work at all.

When I get an unfavorable stage, I surf, then walk towards blast zone and surf again (it throws them out a bit horizontally). That said, so you don't SD, you have to inch your way and try multiple times.

How does fly work?
Yeah, I'm having trouble getting Fly to work as well. I just can't get enough height to take a soul-crushed character above the line to finish them off.

The other issue I'm having is that I'll get 20-30 turns in, and then something stupid will happen and I'll just be stuck. Nothing more rage-inducing than trying to Surf a giant opponent on Colosseum and getting neutral special instead on your 37th match.
Fly, or Up Special 3, is a bit finicky. What the move does is cancel Mewtwo's 2nd jump, and extend the upward momentum he gains from it by quite a bit. (For those that are familiar with some of Brawl's ATs, I'd say it's mechanics are a lot like Lucas' Zap Jump.)

To use the move to defeat Metal or Giant opponents:
  1. Capture an opponent with Surf, or Side Special 3. (You can only do this with the grounded version, the aerial version functions the same as the normal Confusion, except it forces your opponent beneath you and only does 5 damage.)
  2. With your opponent successfully attached, start your double jump. (Make sure Mewtwo isn't partially stage morphing before this.)
  3. During your assent, use Up Special 3.
  4. Up Special 3 will cancel your 2nd jump and you'll Fly up a great distance toward the upper blast zone. Wait for the 2nd Disable animation to end.
  5. After the 2nd Disable animation has ended, use your Neutral Aerial.
  6. If you were close enough to the upper blastzone, this should defeat any opponent at any percentage. If you weren't successful, recapture your opponent and try again.
So just remember, to use Fly effectively, you need to conserve your 2nd jump.

EDIT: I forgot to mention, if you wait too long to perform an aerial attack after using Up Special 3, you will be put into freefall. This freefall state is a bit unusual, as you have zero control over your horizontal momentum. You'll fall straight down, like a rock.

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
I've run into a similar situation a few times. Are you performing Neutral Special 2 in the air, by chance? When performing Neutral Special 2 in the air, you are locked into the move unless you release it upon landing. The window to do this it is fairly large, but if you miss you're stuck. It should also be noted that the aerial version of this move has no hitbox. I would avoid it in the air all together, only perform Neutral Special 2 when you are grounded.
Nope, I'm doing it on the ground. Sometimes I will mash the special button and he will fire an uncharged one. Sometimes I will mash the special button and he just refuses to fire it.

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
The only time you should ever be getting stuck is if you fail to click the special button again when Mewtwo starts charging neutral special 2, or when used aerially. Sometimes if you mash, the window will be closed when you click it again, so just double tap the special button instead.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
The only time you should ever be getting stuck is if you fail to click the special button again when Mewtwo starts charging neutral special 2, or when used aerially. Sometimes if you mash, the window will be closed when you click it again, so just double tap the special button instead.
Nope, it's completely random. I just got to turn 7 on Crazy Orders, and it randomly decided to stop working despite me doing the exact same thing I had been doing earlier. Now I just tried Classic Mode and got through every stage with no problems, but it stopped working in the Master Hand fight.

Last edited:

Sakelig

Smash Rookie
i guess this will work on Lucas too since he have no customs either (?)

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
Aha, I figured out what the problem was. You need to release the invisible Shadow Ball IMMEDIATELY after you start charging it. If you wait even a second, you will be stuck. So those times when I was "mashing" the button and it got stuck, I wasn't actually mashing. If you mash the button, you will be fine.

You should probably put this in the OP so that other people don't go through the annoyance that I had to.

Last edited:

Aunt Jemima

It's ya girl
Mewtwo's God status on the customs-on list has been removed.

My purpose in life is over...

It is time for me to go. My life has been signed off to the grim reaper. Goodbye, my friends. Goodbye, my lovely Mewtwo. Goodbye, world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom