• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo is Available Today on the eShop!

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
The day has finally come - Mewtwo is here for the masses! Players who registered both versions of the Smash 4 via Club Nintendo before 3/31/15 got Mewtwo for free. But for those who had not bought both games, Mewtwo is now available for general purchase! He will be available in both the 3DS and Wii U Eshop.

Prices will be:

• 3DS: $3.99
  • Wii U: $3.99
  • 3DS/Wii U: $4.99

What do you guys think of Mewtwo?What other characters do you think we'll see in DLC? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

Follow Michael on twitter @AsuraHedo

Last edited by a moderator:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Times like this when I wish I got my debit card already........*sigh*

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Some people got Mewtwo from Club Nintendo, this was one time Mewtwo was available, and the first.
Now it's available for everyone, this makes it Mewtwo times it's available :troll:

#sorrynotsorry

Kyzael

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raiyn
3DS FC
0104-3086-6937
He's a glass cannon. But in the hands of a very capable player. GEEZ No.

Up Smash will kill usually anyone above 100%. Pretty sick aerials and grabs. But he's light as hell, so that's a thing.

Gutei

Smash Cadet
Times like this when I wish I got my debit card already........*sigh*
Ever since I got my Xbox in early high school, I've always just bought point cards from stores. One, you're not putting your financial info on the internet, and two, you're liable to earn rewards from the store (our area is Giant Eagle and Shop and Save). My parents would get cheaper gas because of my DLC buys. Plus, like I said, it's just safer these days. Go buy a "Nintendo Money" card or whatever they call it.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
And if you thought that online was swarmed with Mewtwo before, just wait until the rest of the consumer base gets their hands on Mewtwo. Then it will truly be "No Items, Mewtwo Only, For Glory".

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Dear Club Nintendo (Now Defunct, so just Nintendo, I guess),

I am a completely loyal customer (shill) for your company and got the Mewtwo DLC when they first dropped it with Club Nintendo. And I got to use Mewtwo against people who couldn't and being a petty individual, that made me feel better about myself. Now I can't do that. Can another loyalty program like Club Nintendo exist so I can again? Hook a shill up.

Thank you,
Freduardo.

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
Now the waiting begins....
I can't wait for :4lucas:!!
I'm so glad DLC is happening for this game... it really keeps the hype alive! Who will be announced next?!

D

Deleted member

This is old news... he came out on the 15th and isn't all that good... :troll:

Metallinatus

Smash Lord
This is the day I become officially Canadian because Nintendo won't make me a favour and bring eShop to that other country which I may geographically live in....

:150::mewtwomelee::mewtwopm::4mewtwo:

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Ever since I got my Xbox in early high school, I've always just bought point cards from stores. One, you're not putting your financial info on the internet, and two, you're liable to earn rewards from the store (our area is Giant Eagle and Shop and Save). My parents would get cheaper gas because of my DLC buys. Plus, like I said, it's just safer these days. Go buy a "Nintendo Money" card or whatever they call it.
I don't think I've seen Point cards in local stores before. Either way, I can wait just a bit longer, esspecailly since I'm doing other things at the moment.

sWiTcHeRoO [疾~斬]

The Visionary
NNID
Yuchkins
3DS FC
0130-2970-6312
Yeahhhhhhhh, wishful thinking.
He kinda is though. Maybe not right in overpowered levels, but he's definitely really strong.

A good way to compensate for his ridiculously light weight, he gets really strong attacks to go with that. He's the definition of a glass canon in more of a rounded out design than, say, Little Mac.

AirshBornely

Smash Lord
NNID
AirshBornely
3DS FC
4596-9541-7759
In my opinion, you weren't missing much. Well, except the glitches.

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
He kinda is though. Maybe not right in overpowered levels, but he's definitely really strong.

A good way to compensate for his ridiculously light weight, he gets really strong attacks to go with that. He's the definition of a glass canon in more of a rounded out design than, say, Little Mac.
He's nowhere near overpowered. mewtwo definitely does not belong anywhere near the top 10 (and i find it hard to call someone over powered who has at least 10 characters better than him) . He's not the worst by any means, but he has all the faults of a heavy character (slow attacks with tons of landing lag, he's large and easy to hit) yet is still floaty and dies easy like a lightweight. I mean i've seen good players play him, and make him look alright, but i don't think anyone is gonna use mewtwo to counterpick a top tier character any day soon.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Fantastic. Is there any way I can contact Nintendo to get their asses working on eShop for all (or most) other unavailable countries?

Because it really sucks to be impeded to play as the character you've been anticipating the most out of anyone else in the cast because of how this damn system works.

Kooby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2020-0031-6506
Can't buy him for some weird reason, is Mexico banned from eShop or something? this makes me really pissed

Top Bottom