• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo frame by frame teleport

blu2grut

Smash Cadet
I have put in a bit of work on frame by frame and this is my latest work. I discovered you can completely remove the landing lag of the teleport with very precise angles.
This is different than air canceled teleports.

Please enjoy!
http://youtu.be/CnCrhJsNrlg

Kadano

Magical Express
That looks great! Could you also upload the .dts file?

Also, could you tell me a little bit about your TAS routine?
1. Did you use TAS input or did you edit the .dts file directly to get the correct inputs?
2. Which Dolphin version / revision do you use?
3. What Dolphin settings do you use for recording and frame dumping?

blu2grut

Smash Cadet
I'd gladly answer your questions but I am still quite new to TAS. If you'd like you can contact me on facebook or AIM and we can work out the details.

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

Last edited by a moderator:

blu2grut

Smash Cadet
I wont say it's 0 frames of lag. It's the same amount of lag as any normal platform cancel. You are actually teleporting partly into the wall if you angle it right and you get ejected which is nearly lagless.

blu2grut

Smash Cadet
It seems like the game checks if you were in the air or on the ground when it ends but there is a point where it says you are in the air but are actually on the ground. Not 100% sure
on that.

blu2grut

Smash Cadet
To do this on command at any given position would be near impossible I'm sure. You can master it easily enough from standing positions. Say middle of battlefield there is an angle to do it to the 2 side platforms that would remain consistent. Realisticly I would think it would just be better to recognize when you've done it on accident. If you do it correctly there will be no poof of dust at all when you touch the ground.

blu2grut

Smash Cadet
Oh and most importantly there is a timing for it out of a jump to teleport directly sideways. This I've practiced and though hard it's very possible to master.

DJLO

Smash Journeyman
ok so im bumping this because we need details! this is definitely a new kind of cancel and if we can do it in realtime it vastly improves mewtwo.

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

M2Q

Smash Cadet
I've put a LOT of time into practicing this. I've come up with my own conclusions regarding its plausibility as a consistent technique. It's vastly easier to sweet-spot with teleports having an upward y-component. But still even those are difficult. I can hit sweetspots on battlefields platforms relatively consistently (~50%+ of the time) as long as I start my inputs from a standing position.

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj

D

Deleted member 212841

gcyftftdtfyxycyvj