• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metal Cavern plays Underground Theme(SMB) even when set to 0% in My Music

KitchenCabinets

Smash Rookie
Version found in: 3.02, 3.5
Hardware you are running: Wii Full Set
Loading Method: Hackless
Custom Content:
Nothing in 3.02. Replacement 7.sawnd for Melee SFX in 3.5.
Details: The Underground Theme track plays even when I have Metal Mario set as the only track that should play. It only happens with Underground Theme. It's been happening since I started playing Project M on 3.02. It seems like the bar for Underground Theme in My Music doesn't actually control it's chance of playing, so it's always set to the default.

Note that I didn't have the replacement 7.sawnd back in 3.02, so it's probably not that.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Metal Cavern goes over Mushroomy Kingdom.
Mushroomy Kingdom loads from two stage slots: The Overworld and Underground variants. Each loads the corresponding overworld or underground music to accompany it.

Even if you set the bar to zero, the game may still load the "underground" version of the stage (based on trigger and button inputs), which in this case does nothing but select from the "underground" music tracks.

Your best chance would be to put metal mario's theme over the underground music tracks as well.

Last edited:

KitchenCabinets

Smash Rookie
Thanks. That's very helpful. I think I'll just hold Y whenever I select Metal Cavern from now on.

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
you could get creative and put the metal battle song in from melee on the underground version

ライオン

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiotSword
3DS FC
5214-9919-0198
What I like to do is that I just replace the Underground theme with the same Metal Cavern song. Or you can just put any other song you like, of course.

Top Bottom