• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Combo Compendium

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
Good character to start with.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I just wanted to point out that if anyone feels the need to or comes across an error in any of my data, feel free to mention it. I am working with the combo counter in training mode. It is relatively reliable given that I am also following the smoke trail indicating stun duration, but there should be certain instances where a character is not in stun but is unable to air dodge or attack in time, and this is difficult for me to test.

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
I have found out something interesting regarding Meta Knight's forward throw. At 0% it will throw some characters in what appears to be a set knock back. After receiving damage it will put characters in to tumble. This might have worthwhile applicability on certain characters. Here are the characters affected in this manner.

:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4link::4ganondorf::4samus::4pit::4darkpit::4myfriends::4robinf::4dedede::4charizard::4lucario::4rob::4falcon::4villager::4wiifit::4shulk::4drmario::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
I have found out something interesting regarding Meta Knight's forward throw. At 0% it will throw some characters in what appears to be a set knock back. After receiving damage it will put characters in to tumble. This might have worthwhile applicability on certain characters. Here are the characters affected in this manner.

:4mario::4luigi::4bowser::4yoshi::4wario::4dk::4link::4ganondorf::4samus::4pit::4darkpit::4myfriends::4robinf::4dedede::4charizard::4lucario::4rob::4falcon::4villager::4wiifit::4shulk::4drmario::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic:
EZ F-throw > Full hop U-air > Footstool

I think I discovered this the other day too, but I only tested it on heavyweights. It's another solid way to set up a 0-death.

Last edited:

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
That set knockback find should definitely go in the data thread.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Sheik is finished. Not all of the information in the table is useful, but it will construct the basis for which combos should be used.

Amadeus9

Smash Ace
NNID
Amadeuswololo
This is really, really thorough, and really, really useful. Great job.

Qazoo306

Smash Cadet
Are there any combos out of Nair now due to it's decreased landing lag? And does the knock back angle changes to F-tilt add / remove any combos? It's been a week since the buffs, so I figure I can ask now. I could also help you lab some if you'd like me to test something specific.

Bonk!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IPAVGSSB
3DS FC
2638-1531-9991
Dash Attack at early percents.

Zeriora

Smash Apprentice
Wow you worked really hard for us Meta Knight mains, thanks bruh. I'd probably learn from this as Sheik is still a threat in the metagame.

busken

Smash Ace
@ Ulevo Ulevo

Are you gonna do this for every character...??? Don't kill yourself dude.
I think Peach and Rosalina pretty much have similar combo data. Same for jigglypuff and kirby.
Anyway, thanks for your contributions this really helps.

Last edited:

FalcoDive

Smash Rookie
@ Ulevo Ulevo

Are you accepting help on this? I spend way too much time with MK in training and could definitely help compile some data.

N~W .

Smash Cadet
Okay so expanding on @ warionumbah2 warionumbah2 's uair stuff

All combos were performed in training mode leading to kills. I'll be using Dash Attack 1 as the 'tipped' version of his Dash Attack and the regular version as Dash Attack 2.

:4lucas:
Off of Dash Attack 1

20-24% > 5 uairs into Up B

26-28% > 4 uairs into Up B

Off of Dash Attack 2

25-26% > 5 uairs into Up B

27-32% > 4 uairs into Up B

36-38% > 3 uairs into Up B

Off of Dash Grab > Forward Throw

22% > 5 uairs into Up B

23-28% > 4 uairs into Up B

Off of Down Throw (assuming poor DI)

28-32% > 4 uairs into Up B

37- 42% 3 uairs into Up B

:4mewtwo:
Off of Dash Attack 1

17-22% 5 uairs into Up B

23-26% 4 uairs into Up B

30-32% 3 uairs into Up B

Off of Dash Attack 2

21-22% 5 uairs into Up B

23-28% 4 uairs into up B

31-36% 3 uairs into Up B

42-43% 2 uairs into Up B

Off of Dash Grab > F Throw

22-27% 4 uairs into Up B

29-33% 4 uairs into Up B

Off Down Throw (Assuming Poor DI)

22-30% 4 uairs into Up B

31-38% 3 uairs into Up B

42-48% 2 uairs into Up B

:4bowserjr: :4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig: Next Character

I'll post more later when I get back from work. Watch this space.

Bear in mind that some of the in between percentages tend not to lead to kills but can if you sweet spot the Up B.

Last edited:

Ulevo

Smash Master
Not to thwart your efforts, but this should be done in versus mode. Knowing the %'s in training mode will not help over all when the up airs stale in real matches.

Go to versus mode, use handicap, 99 stock, and set the opponent to the varying % ranges to make it easier. Suicide after each attempt, and use non-related moves to add necessary %.

warionumbah2

Smash Master
I've tested this against my friends offline and online, it makes no difference the only factor is rage which allows us to pick of stocks stupidly early.

I can post gifs of me pulling it off by getting them at the right percent and outright guessing how much rage effects DA and Uair.

Heck there's already a vid of Bonk ending Samus at 13% and 27% in the same way as i done in training mode. Stale Uairs don't make that much of a difference.

Last edited:

warionumbah2

Smash Master
Against Samus if you want to kill at 13% you need the 2nd hit, i go for the strong hit because its easy to FH Uair also if they shield you'll cross their shield 99% of the time.

Im gonna try to test out rage, im positive i could've killed Ryu at 21% with that amount of rage. Once again stale uairs won't hinder this kill setup.

I speak Spanish too

Smash Journeyman
Aside from crossing shields and shuttle loop set-ups do the differences of dash attack 1 and dash attack 2 really matter?

Last edited:

W.A.C.

Smash Ace
Uh...when is a lot of this information from Ulevo coming back? I regularly link people to the Meta Knight Resource and the fact a lot of that information now isn't here is kind of obnoxious.

I speak Spanish too

Smash Journeyman
Uh...when is a lot of this information from Ulevo coming back? I regularly link people to the Meta Knight Resource and the fact a lot of that information now isn't here is kind of obnoxious.
I don't see how it annoys you if you didn't contibute to any of this. The fact that Ulevo created so many helpful threads in this forum and is putting an effort to archieve them is pretty much being a godlike contributor. We all don't even ask when he's coming back and patiently wait for his data.

Ulevo

Smash Master
I don't see how it annoys you if you didn't contibute to any of this. The fact that Ulevo created so many helpful threads in this forum and is putting an effort to archieve them is pretty much being a godlike contributor. We all don't even ask when he's coming back and patiently wait for his data.

Steelballray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ray-run
3DS FC
1263-8867-0397
I'm sorry if it was mentioned and i missed it but where I can I find the list of % for DA killing now.. its my life line I can't function without it </3

RawAubstain

Smash Rookie
Hi Guys! I recently found this while messing around with CPU's.

Name of combo: Aubb

Short Hop Fast Fall Nair > Dash Grab > Forward throw> Forward air. That combo gives the opponent 25% damage!
You can do a Down throw to forward air for 21%. so use one of those two, it wont work on another throw.

Opponent has to be at the percentage 0-10% in order to guarantee it!

Top Bottom