• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Request Melee's Turbo Mode GameShark/AR Code?

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
Hey Devin.

The methods I used in the various Impossible Cancel code examples were an exploration of this concept, but I wasn’t able to get an interrupt-based cancel like Turbo Mode out of it. That isn’t to say it isn’t possible, just that it turned out to be more complicated than I thought. I’d love to see some new discussion about the idea.

Turbo Mode was an intended goal of that project, but I started it at around the time I started learning about ASM and was pretty ignorant of how to a lot of things.

There were a lot of suggestions in that thread, and I gave all of them a lot of thought. I wrote out a few tests and experiments in order to work out how I might do some things, but ran into a few problems that really slowed me down at the time.

I’ve since become a bit more serious about learning this stuff, and am actually pretty excited to get back to work on my bigger projects like that one soon with the advent of new and improved standalone functions.

I’ve got a few things I’m working on atm, but I intend to revisit that project soon and rewrite things properly with some new ideas.

---

I’m wondering, would you be able to use the Impossible Cancel code if it used a d-pad button? It’s an absurd idea for controller users, but you could easily map it to a keyboard. I also recall seeing @MagicScrumpy struggle a bit trying to get the TAS GUI he uses to work sanely with analog L/R values in one of his old streams.

It’d be really simple to write a little macro to the left d-pad button or something that creates a light L/R press. I’m curious in both of your cases if it’d be helpful.

Here’s a code that writes a ~Z-shield value to L/R when pressing the left D-pad button:

$Z-Shield on Left D-pad [Punkline]
C206B074 00000004
546007FF 41820014
3C003EB4 9001FFF8
C021FFF8 D03F0650
54600675 00000000

ASM:
Code:
#Light Shield on Left D-pad    [Punkline]
#@8006b074: rlwinm. r0, r3, 0,25,26    (checking L/R bit in controller data)
#r3 = controller button data
#r31 = player.0x60 (player data start)
rlwinm. r0, r3, 0, 31, 31    #check for "left d-pad" bit
beq return
lis r0, 0x3eb4
stw r0, -0x8(sp)
lfs f1, -0x8(sp)
stfs f1, 0x650(r31)        #store ~= Z-shield amount if pressed
return:
rlwinm. r0, r3, 0,25,26

Last edited:

ProDevin

Smash Rookie
So, with the Z Shield Code, will it convert with the L/R shields so I can do the cancel with the Z button?

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
So, with the Z Shield Code, will it convert with the L/R shields so I can do the cancel with the Z button?
Close. The code will make it so that when you press left on the D-pad, it will trigger a light shield (and thus, the Impossible Cancel.)

Here’s some rare footage of me playing on a keyboard in order to demonstrate:

Last edited:

ProDevin

Smash Rookie
One more thing, I was getting confused on how I should get the Impossible Cancel codes as with each new update with it. So do I get all of the codes from the updates or the new code will include the other fixes?

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
One more thing, I was getting confused on how I should get the Impossible Cancel codes as with each new update with it. So do I get all of the codes from the updates or the new code will include the other fixes?
I went and spoilered the omega R&D post in the OP and headed it with some basic info about the most stable versions of the code. I would recommend trying either 0.1.4b or one of the Slowmo concepts for now.

I'll be going over some of my old notes and trying to pick up where I left off in that project soon. When I do, I'm going to try a few things with the IASA function pointer in player data offset 0x21FC and see if I can't get some "Turbo Mode" behavior out of it. I don't know what to expect, but I'll post any notes I can make about it here.

Punkline

Dr. Frankenstack
is there one for crazy hand program and if no how do i do that with the codes?
For Turbo Mode? Not entirely, no. Not yet, anyway. IASA frames may be used to get it to work with normals however. This can be done via Crazy Hand or via code.

The above video is of a similar concept though, which allows players to cancel action states manually with light L/R presses. I’m trying to work it into a Turbo Mode eventually, but as it stands it’s a bit different.

You can get the latest version of the code here. I've just updated it.

Top Bottom