• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Closed as in it isn't public GunBlaze.

It's "closed" because quality control is one of our priorities. Plus it's simply not ready yet.

Magic Mirror Man

Smash Rookie
Interested

I am very interested in playtesting. I am an experienced mewtwo main, but I don't know how to play modded melee on my wii. How would I go about doing this?

Theftz22

Smash Lord
Quick suggestion for Luigi (not knowing what you've done with him so far). Make him be able to jump out of his side-B. That would help his diagonal recovery distance and gimpability so much which are the two weakest parts of his recovery and which really hinder his overall game.

Edit: Not to mention that wavedash out of misfire would be the greatest movement technique of all time.

TheVeman3000

Smash Rookie
I'd like to join Melee: SD remix

Hey guys, my name is Vman3k, I'm a pretty great player, and I'm also very interested in this Project. If you guys are still accepting, I'd like to join the team.

P.S. I'm a Falcon main on top of that

xianglongfa

Smash Apprentice
I think that what would generate a lot more interest in this from non-low tier mains is if you could make major changes to training mode.

Just some changes I can think of off the top of my head are:

• ability to set CPU DI (maybe not just 1 direction but also followup DI, ex: up,down,left,right or even just randomize ASDI/SDI in different directions based on a poisson process with arrivals being the directional inputs)
  • telling the CPU to do a certain attack, or even multiple attacks and being able to set the timing in between (can be used to practice CC counters/move hitboxes,moves OOS, general evasion tactics)
  • combinations of telling the CPU to DI/CC/shield(powershield) and buffer/do a move as fast as possible(to practice pulling off clean hits/combos without getting counter hit

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I don't think anyone knows how to edit Melee's AI yet, unfortunately.

Ryan. Do you still have access? I wanna try it.

:phone:
Unknown522 never got access because he never signed up for Smashmods lol. If you do I can just give you access to the BR instead.

obv :012:

Rikana

Smash Champion
That would be great. I'd love to try out this mod. Looking forward to mewtwo.

Same forum name over at smashmods.

:phone:

NNID
dansalvato
I don't really understand this project. This is only my opinion, of course, and I'm not telling anybody what to do. I just feel that it doesn't make much sense to patch a game that's over 10 years old, especially when Project M already exists. Not only will the hack be difficult to access (either an Action Replay or a modded Wii is required), but Melee is a very difficult game to modify compared to Brawl. I feel that those who are looking for a "new", balanced Smash game will turn to Project M, simply because it's more accessible, has more content, and has more room for growth.

Of course, you guys could become popular and prove me wrong, but consider me very skeptical.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i dunno there's mewtwo

mewtwo is cute

i like mewtwo

i don't like project m

but project m is legit

but so is mewtwo

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I like melee physics, not replicated almost melee physics with a 1 frame delay

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Just found out about this so I haven't read all 12 pages yet, but your FB link is broken. Good luck on the development!

red stone

Smash Ace
I would say that this is a bad idea. I would say that it could never get popular. I would say that there will be too much patching. I would say that it will never be competitive.

but then DOTA exists....

Melee is one of the best fighting games of all time even though it doesn't follow the traditional fighting game mold. If you bust the game wide open by making low tiers viable, who knows where it could lead. The strength of the community could become enormous. I think it is way better idea than project M.

I hope this finally shows nintenedo how to properly build upon a smash game and hopefully they will take the lessons learned from this SD remix and release a balanced melee game. HD remix anyone?

phish-it

Smash Champion
I don't know why people think modded versions of a game are set to replace the original.

SD Remix won't replace Melee, Project M won't even replace Melee or Brawl even though it has a large team working on it and is very popular. You can't replace the original even if the mod's are actually better, because everyone won't be playing it.

These project's, people either seem to love or hate, there rarely is anything in between.

NNID
dansalvato
I would say that this is a bad idea. I would say that it could never get popular. I would say that there will be too much patching. I would say that it will never be competitive.

but then DOTA exists....

Melee is one of the best fighting games of all time even though it doesn't follow the traditional fighting game mold. If you bust the game wide open by making low tiers viable, who knows where it could lead. The strength of the community could become enormous. I think it is way better idea than project M.

I hope this finally shows nintenedo how to properly build upon a smash game and hopefully they will take the lessons learned from this SD remix and release a balanced melee game. HD remix anyone?

DOTA is extremely easy to download and install.

Project M is also extremely easy to download and install. Remember, your #1 audience limitation is accessibility, and someone without the proper tools will not be able to play your game regardless of how much he/she wants to.

Please specify why you think this is a better idea than Project M, I'd really like to know. Remember, everything that makes Melee "one of the best fighting games of all time" has been included in Project M, plus loads more neutral stages and, of course, a much larger balanced cast with unique movesets.

Sadly, Nintendo doesn't give a crap, and if they did then they would be looking at Project M because it's the latest iteration of Smash, and it not only balances/improves gameplay but it adds content as well. Even without comparing this to Project M, there are too many hurdles for widespread adoption to happen, in my opinion.

red stone

Smash Ace
DOTA is extremely easy to download and install.

Project M is also extremely easy to download and install. Remember, your #1 audience limitation is accessibility, and someone without the proper tools will not be able to play your game regardless of how much he/she wants to.

Please specify why you think this is a better idea than Project M, I'd really like to know. Remember, everything that makes Melee "one of the best fighting games of all time" has been included in Project M, plus loads more neutral stages and, of course, a much larger balanced cast with unique movesets.

Sadly, Nintendo doesn't give a crap, and if they did then they would be looking at Project M because it's the latest iteration of Smash, and it not only balances/improves gameplay but it adds content as well. Even without comparing this to Project M, there are too many hurdles for widespread adoption to happen, in my opinion.
When I play project M, it just feels off to me. It's the little things like fluidity of movement, speed of the game, etc. I just think it is easier to balance the cast of melee, rather than try to make brawl into a whole other game. however, if project M were done perfectly, then yeah project M would be better. I'm jsut saying it is hard to emulate melee physics, so why not just tweak melee. it'll be easier

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
When I play project M, it just feels off to me. It's the little things like fluidity of movement, speed of the game, etc. I just think it is easier to balance the cast of melee, rather than try to make brawl into a whole other game. however, if project M were done perfectly, then yeah project M would be better. I'm jsut saying it is hard to emulate melee physics, so why not just tweak melee. it'll be easier

After 10+ years of melee, you would think there would be at least one mod that addressed some of the issues in the game. Melee hacking is not that easy, hacking brawl is actually more easier than melee hacking. Melee hacking requires ISO hacking and you can mess something big time easily without proper assessment of the situation. Look how far Project M took brawls engine and made it similar to melees and people are playing this game despite being only at demo 2. I also had issues with movement (1 frame delay although it was necessary) in Project M as well but I just learned to adjust and tried new characters. I still respect Project M for what it has accomplished for being a mod to a different game.

EDIT: My tone sounds like garbage but I'm pretty sure the PMBR will fix the game.:cool:

Revven

FrankerZ
That's why the released version of P:M is called demo red stone... >_>;

When it's all said and done, P:M will match Melee's physics and engine perfectly.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I believe this mod will be loaded from SD card on a wii by most people. Perhaps in the future you wouldn't even need to hack your wii. It's just an GC ISO after all. Even if it requires hacking it will be made more accessible in the future.

This is going to be so ****ing awesome, finally a balanced, better Melee. This will be more than just a balance patch im sure.
Lot of people will be doubting in the beginning, just like with P:M. And these same people will jump in once they see how awesome this is. I'll be enjoying the game in the meanwhile.

Some people may ask: "Why? What's the point? Why not just play Melee? This will never be big"

Im more like:

"Why the hell not?"

abcool

Smash Ace
IMO, people that play Melee enjoy Melee the way it is, i mean come on look how many people were against Project M because they thought it would replace Melee. Heck, one of Project M saving grace is that fact that it's a different game with a lot of new content and new characters, everyone has this curiousity to see Brawl characters in a Melee envirnoment. When people play SD remix, they are gonna feel like their precious Melee is being replaced. Now that Smash 4 is on it's way it's gonna make this Project THAT much harder to make popular.

I just feel like since Melee has been out 11 years, people just learned to accept the game for what it is, while Brawl is relatively new and is the lastest Smash, with completely opposite phyiscs and new content that differs from Project M so you can call Project M "Downloadable content" in that regard. SD is doing this, but it's limited by accesiblity and the fact that you have to own a WII, when the audience are people that would own more GC's than Wii's so they would have to purchase a new system and hack it, plus download the ISO(which is illegal) so big names tournies can't run and advertise this game. It's a bigger uphill battle than P:M in that regard, but heck, i wanna play with a buffed Samus for ****s and giggles so hack away.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
i dunno guys

all this faultless logic that was already considered when i started and discarded

i mean

i just want to play melee and play mewtwo

nothing one can really do about gc-hacking being ***

nothing is gonna replace melee

anyone who truly believes that is having grandiose delusions

people will move on, games will "die" or w/e but that's not replacement

people will continue to do what they do

play whatever they play

that's what i'm doing. project m is a great game but i will never play it

(obv i've played it once-twice from the most recent demo; can't knock what you didn't try lol)

that's just how it is

brawl+ served as an impetus for a lot of progress in the brawl hacking scene

if sd remix can do the same thing then maybe people don't have to load isos in the future

hell if you can load gc games in wii mode now then riivolution for gc would be possible

it just needs a spark of interest and some love and justice

but if that doesn't happen

oh well

you gotta do what makes you happy

skepticism is natural and pretty sure with the peeps doing it, it's been good-natured

but ain't gonna stop the most fraudulent no-name marth player from doing what he wants to

gj to staying up playing smash til 3 am

stay drug free guys

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
Hi I'd like to apply to be part of the SD remix testing team

I'm one of the best players here in aus, winning the most recent major. I main falco but i play heaps of lower tier characters (mostly zelda or gnw or mario though, but lots of random lower tiers, i even accept any mm's against my mario at tourneys lol)

We've already played around with basic modding here in aus, making our own skins and even hybrid versions of melee (pal sheik and ntsc marth, ntsc falco, pal fox and ntsc ganon in same game or such) but this seems like the next step up from that.

Have all the necessary equipment and more here, just a matter of getting access and giving some input.

Led-Zeppelin

Smash Apprentice
I would also like to apply to be a SD Remix Tester, i love some of the low tier character, but dont use them as often due to them not competing well against high tiers (i love Roy, but he really sucks hahaha).

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Just register on Smashmods

Tell me your username via PM there

and you'll be added at my discretion

:v

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
i dunno guys

all this faultless logic that was already considered when i started and discarded

i mean

i just want to play melee and play mewtwo

nothing one can really do about gc-hacking being ***

nothing is gonna replace melee

anyone who truly believes that is having grandiose delusions

people will move on, games will "die" or w/e but that's not replacement

people will continue to do what they do

play whatever they play

that's what i'm doing. project m is a great game but i will never play it

(obv i've played it once-twice from the most recent demo; can't knock what you didn't try lol)

that's just how it is

brawl+ served as an impetus for a lot of progress in the brawl hacking scene

if sd remix can do the same thing then maybe people don't have to load isos in the future

hell if you can load gc games in wii mode now then riivolution for gc would be possible

it just needs a spark of interest and some love and justice

but if that doesn't happen

oh well

you gotta do what makes you happy

skepticism is natural and pretty sure with the peeps doing it, it's been good-natured

but ain't gonna stop the most fraudulent no-name marth player from doing what he wants to

gj to staying up playing smash til 3 am

stay drug free guys

SleepyK likes this post

MVP

Smash Ace
I don't know if I can ask this or not, but is there an estimated date on when a demo is released?

Zef

Smash Ace
i'm not really a 'famous' player, but i'll test. i have a group of people i play with weekly, we're all moderately good, modded wii, lots of free time, etc.

i can also record footage

if you accept me my name on smashmods is zef

Top Bottom