• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

shuall

Smash Apprentice
I'm sure this is somewhere in the 28 pages of this thread, but who made the fourside stage mod? I really like it.
I think milun made all the stage mods.

EDIT: I should really check the next page. Not really ninja'd because it was 4 days ago...

Last edited:

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
Hello everyone,

Ripple has graciously given me access over this thread, so I'm happy to announce I'll be spearheading the revitalization of SD Remix over the coming months. As some of you may know, the "final revision" isn't the end-all. For months, DruggedFox and I have been working on a new revision of SD Remix built on Ripple's latest official release.

There's no ETA as of yet, but in the next few weeks, expect me to deliver the following project features:

- An updated 'tools' .ZIP with the latest, most stable versions of the homebrew applications used to install and run SDR
- A video guide on the SD Remix Youtube channel detailing how to install SD Remix on your Wii
- A Sakurai-styled "dev blog" where I, and possibly others like DruggedFox can write up impressions with characters and how they were developed for the SD Remix competitive environment.

The scope of this project has always been quite small, but the SD Remix team appreciates all the support from everyone so far! Please watch us and root for our success!

Last edited:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That's great news! I'm hyped to for the next version. It's like Project M without the new dumb characters.

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
I'm sure this is somewhere in the 28 pages of this thread, but who made the fourside stage mod? I really like it.
Pretty sure it was Milun.

edit: just noticed I wasn't even on the latest post before replying. Damn I suck lol

Last edited:

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
I greatly enjoyed that blogpost. Is all that moveset information describing the version of Roy that is currently released? - I've never actually played SD Remix.
There is more technical information in the changelist in this thread's first post. But the changelist is somewhat outdated: the previews will focus on the version currently being worked on.

Previous versions of SD Remix either had an abundance of unnaturally powerful characters or buffed-but-ineffectual ones. We hope to strike a wholesome balance between those two alternatives and create a vibrant, lasting experience for players who try the game.

Easier said than done for some of these characters, but we'll try!

Achilles1515

Smash Master
There is more technical information in the changelist in this thread's first post. But the changelist is somewhat outdated: the previews will focus on the version currently being worked on.

Previous versions of SD Remix either had an abundance of unnaturally powerful characters or buffed-but-ineffectual ones. We hope to strike a wholesome balance between those two alternatives and create a vibrant, lasting experience for players who try the game.

Easier said than done for some of these characters, but we'll try!
Is there any documentation available for the public on what DOL mods had been added? (or anything that you could send me). For example, Magus' animation frame mod code was integrated into the DOL, right?

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
you got the standard ones like debug mode replaces tournament mode.
-C-stick in 1P
-G&W can l-cancel
-Powershielding is easier
-DK doesn't lose punch if hit mid up-b
-Yoshi can jump out of initial shield after l-cancelling. (not the same as jump OOS)

and then the frame speed modifiers which are also under change log

oksas

oak-sauce
I tried checking this out once before and gave up after a single failed attempt, but this could be really cool. the blog post was neat too

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Trust me man,It's pretty great!I never play normal melee anymore,when I play melee I play sd remix and I also have custom textures and music on top of it.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
do character's DAT files (ex. PlFx.dat) differ from version to version?

well..yeah... thinking about it, I guess they would. maybe not all characters though.

This post is me thinking out loud lol

Let me know if you are aware if any .dat files have absolutely no changes between 1.00 and 1.02.

Last edited:

Goatlink

Smash Apprentice
do character's DAT files (ex. PlFx.dat) differ from version to version?

well..yeah... thinking about it, I guess they would. maybe not all characters though.

This post is me thinking out loud lol

Let me know if you are aware if any .dat files have absolutely no changes between 1.00 and 1.02.
thats easy, just open the 1.0 and 1.2 .dat files side by side in a hex editor and compare them. What is the use of .dat files that have no changes between 1.00 and 1.02?

Achilles1515

Smash Master
thats easy, just open the 1.0 and 1.2 .dat files side by side in a hex editor and compare them. What is the use of .dat files that have no changes between 1.00 and 1.02?
I should be able to make SD Remix characters toggleable from the Character Select Screen.
So pressing R while highlighting a character will make them the SD Remix version (is what I had in mind).

Troubleshooter - that's why I was asking you questions about DAT files earlier. I tried it once (with Roy), and it didn't work. But I'm now realizing, and hoping, that it's because his DAT files are different.

Last edited:

StanDaMan809

Smash Rookie
I can be a tester if you want! (I'm late don't judge)
I made this account just so I could test this. I'm pumped :D
(I've been lurking and playing for approx. 1 1/2 years, so I'm not as late as you would think.)
Also, can you add the everything unlocked code to the pack? I can't be bothered to beat 15 minute Melee to unlock Donkey Kong's N64 stage, or do like 1000 battles to unlock a stage, which is also why I haven't unlocked the random stage switch.

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
Id assume you dont have to ask to test at this point, just play it and report problems and suggestions right?

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
achilles, I'm sure this doesn't need to be said, but you have my full support and cooperation for this endeavor.

I originally planned to have blog posts weekly but I am unable to maintain this schedule due to other obligations. The next character is a ball of fun.

Last edited:

MrTea

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0189-8820-9279
achilles, I'm sure this doesn't need to be said, but you have my full support and cooperation for this endeavor.

I originally planned to have blog posts weekly but I am unable to maintain this schedule due to other obligations. The next character is a ball of fun.
Sanic confirmed

Achilles1515

Smash Master
As a summary,

Do I think it can be done? Sure.
Will it take a lot of time? Yes.
Would I like to work on this? Yes.
Timeline for completion? Not for a long while.

There's much more testing to be done with available code lines, and there's a lot more I'd like to do with 20XX before I even touch 1.00 again.

So I wouldn't expect anything from me on this anytime soon.

You guys should convert to 1.02...

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
As a summary,

Do I think it can be done? Sure.
Will it take a lot of time? Yes.
Would I like to work on this? Yes.
Timeline for completion? Not for a long while.

There's much more testing to be done with available code lines, and there's a lot more I'd like to do with 20XX before I even touch 1.00 again.

So I wouldn't expect anything from me on this anytime soon.

You guys should convert to 1.02...
1.00 has a few things that helps characters more, such as not being able to SDI hits that deal 1% or less. Also, Flame cancel.

And if it can be done, I'll wait forever if necessary.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
1.00 has a few things that helps characters more, such as not being able to SDI hits that deal 1% or less. Also, Flame cancel.

And if it can be done, I'll wait forever if necessary.
I feel like those things are so minute compared to all the other changes you are making to characters. Like who the hell cares about flame cancelling when Bowser's other moves are buffed and he actually has options that give followups.

But I'm not in charge of the project, so that's that.

We'll stay in touch.

GunBlaze

Smash Lord
Slippi.gg
GBLZ#778
I feel like those things are so minute compared to all the other changes you are making to characters. Like who the hell cares about flame cancelling when Bowser's other moves are buffed and he actually has options that give followups.

But I'm not in charge of the project, so that's that.

We'll stay in touch.
The SDI part helps YL and Pichu, but please do.

Last edited:

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
Well, I just got the game running (Last time I posted here I had know idea how to do anything that wasn't hackless related.), and I have to say... I LOVE the movement tweaks. It really makes the game feel far more smooth than vMelee, especially on characters like Doc and Mario. Keep up the good work on this!
(PS. God bless those Roy and Link buffs....)

NTA

Smash Lord
Chances are, the loader froze at or after the apploader screen, right?

If it's freezing, try removing all special peripherals connected to your Wii and try again.

If it's still stuck, put your media device back onto your computer, select the 'dm-loader' folder, and delete it. It's possible the DML-Booter configuration file became corrupt.

If that's still no good, go back to WAD Manager, load up IOS 249, uninstall the DIOS MIOS .wad you originally installed (scroll right of 'Install' for 'Uninstall'), then install 'RVL-BC-v6.wad' and 'RVL-mios-v10.wad' in that order.

Then reinstall the DIOS MIOS .wad you originally chose. This process is basically us cycling through a 'corrupted Gamecube Mode' -> 'clean, vanilla Gamecube Mode' -> 'Successful DIOS-MIOS-(Lite) installation' until it works.

And you did format your SD card correctly, right? If it's not FAT or FAT32 with 64kb file allocation, it won't work. Ever.

Alternatively, did you format your USB device correctly? If it's not FAT32 with 32kb file allocation. That won't work either!
wow this confused me and i ended up losing the ability to play gc backups lol. i think i installed something wrong, or to the wrong place:
IOS236[36] (rev 65535, Info: rev 3351): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access
IOS249[37] (rev 21009, Info: d2x-v9beta(r49)): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
IOS254 (rev 65281): BootMii

I'm wondering if there's just a way to put everything to normal without using the wii update(potentially bricking)

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
I'm wondering if there's just a way to put everything to normal without using the wii update(potentially bricking)
None of the IOS need to be further modified, to my understanding. Simply install 'RVL-BC-v6.wad' and 'RVL-mios-v10.wad.' This will revert your Wii into official GC mode.

Afterward, install the DIOS-MIOS .wad that corresponds to your external media. If you are not using DIOS-MIOS or DIOS-MIOS Lite, use the installer for your custom MIOS (this controls your ability to play GC games) after exiting WAD Manager.

If you need more assistance, feel free to message me personally.

Top Bottom