• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SD Remix - 3.3 Full with Slippi Rollback Released!

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
The whole reason I re picked up editing SDR was because he told me he was incorporating SDR into the 20xx pack. I wanted to make sure things were good enough or nerfed slightly like Yoshi. Sorry I never stated it explicitly but it seemed apparent since I started it again when he said that

Last edited:

sdremix_troubleshooter

Smash Journeyman
The whole reason I re picked up editing SDR was because he told me he was incorporating SDR into the 20xx pack. I wanted to make sure things were good enough or nerfed slightly like Yoshi. Sorry I never stated it explicitly but it seemed apparent since I started it again when he said that
Even if your intentions were good, I already made it clear that my stance on 3.1 was to let it rock.

Does that mean I think 3.1 is perfect? Hell no, I am aware there are problems.

But there comes a time when you need to just sit back and see how everybody else takes to the game. We need more data. I'm not saying that a 3.2 won't ever be released, but it is absolutely inappropriate to disregard what I said about 3.1 and to attempt to release 3.2 behind my back. The former is a matter of opinion, but the latter is just plain rude, lol.

I'm disappointed at this whole situation, tbh.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
with all due respect geek, 3.1 has been out for over 8 months. we never needed more data before with 1.0 and 2.0 even if things weren't broken or had unintended consequences attached to them. all we did, was use our knowledge of the game and then make changes. This was apparent when you worked on 3.0/3.1 on your own and changed stuff a tiny bit. we didn't have any real data at all and yet you made changes.

now that I was talking to lunchables about balance changes since texas has an affinity to modded games. he provided me with actual feedback from playing with other high level players. and I've actually been paying attention to the metagame and you won't incorporate them? I don't understand why you would willingly let problems slide. and I certainly don't remember you specifically saying 3.1 was here to stay until you say so. (until basically the last time we talked on FB if it was even then)

why wouldn't you take a glance back at 3.1 and look for problems now that achilles is incorporating stuff into 20XX

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
lol, disrespectful?

I ****ing made the second version of SDR by myself.

or did you not know that I'm the one ACTUALLY making the the version for achilles to incorporate into 20XX?
The current SDR 3.1 will be in the 20XX Pack. Ripple, I was asking you, and really anyone, for characters that are not involved in SDR anymore (top tiers, g-bowser, wireframes).

When "SDR version" is toggled on for these top tier/normally unselectable characters, I may as well have a fun modified version for these guys since the vanilla versions will always be available.

I realize I'm not a part of the SDR "team", but my opinion falls in line with Troubleshooter's. SDR 3.1 seems to be pretty damn good. Let's get it in the 20XX pack, get a bunch of playtime on it and hopefully a lot of feedback. Changes can be added to 20XX with future updates. There's no need to rush in any changes right now.

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
Yes. I think putting SDR 3.1 is the best option for 20XX. It's hella fun.
When SDR characters become more readily available, I bet SDR will be much easier to balance in the future.
IMO it would be best to keep up communication pertaining to changes in this thread to see what people think about it.

Last edited:

Verda Stelo

Smash Apprentice
Designing a game that only builds upon Melee is an epic undertaking that requires finesse, cleverness, and discipline. How can you take these characters and modify them to be as good but not necessarily better than Fox? It takes careful design that should be deliberate and thought out. Giving Doc paralyze pills obviously carries none of these traits and I don't know why the idea was ever released under the SDR name as an official version. While that much is obvious without playing it I can't pass judgement on the new Luigi momentum capture, which basically sounds like vududash jumps from the ground which might be totally ridiculous given how much potential he already has in 3.1. I'm just an SDR fan voicing my opinion about this "issue".

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Lunchables is a really smart kid and damn good at melee. I can vouch he plays with competent people with a solid understanding of low tiers (north Texas is janky like that). the only reason I tell people about sd remix is because of the goal to bring low tiers to around falcon level and to keep the characers true to their original version. Please don't make it a joke about making it for "fun". Melee is already fun. As a doc main that does decently in his region I feel doc really doesn't need that much of a boost to be better than falcon level but I haven't done due diligence because I'm afraid to mess up my tournament play. I'm on team wait for the 20xx crowd to play it. You'll get more competent players to give feedback than has been the case so far.

Quillion

Smash Hero
I still think SDR needs to focus entirely on balancing Melee. I'd like for Melee hacking to progress to the point where animations and everything can be edited, but even then, SDR should still keep as close to the original Melee as possible while making a balanced game where character choice is based on preference instead of how good the character is, as many agree that it's the only big problem with Melee (and even then, it's highly subjective).

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Designing a game that only builds upon Melee is an epic undertaking that requires finesse, cleverness, and discipline. How can you take these characters and modify them to be as good but not necessarily better than Fox? It takes careful design that should be deliberate and thought out. Giving Doc paralyze pills obviously carries none of these traits and I don't know why the idea was ever released under the SDR name as an official version. While that much is obvious without playing it I can't pass judgement on the new Luigi momentum capture, which basically sounds like vududash jumps from the ground which might be totally ridiculous given how much potential he already has in 3.1. I'm just an SDR fan voicing my opinion about this "issue".
Ripple said Luigi's was just for fun and not even serious experimentation. Just wanted to bring in some clarity, that's FAR from ever being in SDR.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Doc was also not official, I asked people to test it and provide feedback.

and guess what, it was thought out. I bet that @ Verda Stelo Verda Stelo doesn't even know what the stun does and yet he's giving me **** about it.

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
I love how people share the stance of SDR being a balanced melee. I also love how the current SDR has as many as 6 untouched characters.

3.1 is different from the previous releases- of course it needs more time to develop! trend carefully like SDRT says

Quillion

Smash Hero
I love how people share the stance of SDR being a balanced melee. I also love how the current SDR has as many as 6 untouched characters.

3.1 is different from the previous releases- of course it needs more time to develop! trend carefully like SDRT says
The beauty of the upcoming 20XX 4.0 build is that you can play as both untouched characters and balanced characters for the ENTIRE ROSTER. (Minus fighting an v!character with an SDR!character, but maybe it could be figured out in the future)

I'll replace the files of my current SDR ISO when that comes around.

Kil3r

Smash Rookie
Hey I gotta ask, will it be possible that there will very small buffs on characters who are below fox such as jiggly & peach to increase their potential slightly? I'll be honest, i'm not very big on understanding Melee (yet) because i've been playing much more P:M however I've heard some pretty negative things about these characters potential from pro players.

Armada has said on twitter: "Peach mains, sorry, I think this char wont make it in this meta. The char is simply to slow, I will always keep having her for certain MUs!" for example.

I understand that this probably wouldn't be the focus ATM but I'm curious if it has ever come to mind.

Last edited:

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
It seems that people feel that SDR ought to continue with it's current "Melee 2.0/Melee 1.1" path. Thank you for voicing your opinions guys =) I shall start working on the website, but it might take a while so please be patient. Also thank so much @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 for supporting this project. Incorporation into the 20xx hackpack is very important in keeping this project alive. My only request is to make the NTSC/PAL/SDR switch more clear. We used 20xx hackpack in our latest monthly and there was quite a lot of confusion. Anyway, thank you so much for your hard work, it is appreciated. The SDR community is too small for us to argue and fight, so let's try to treat each other respectfully :)

E:

Oh, regarding Peach in SDR. I asked Armada earlier on Facebook what buffs she would require. This is what he responded. I asked for more details but he did not respond to that, so I think that's all.

Last edited:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I need the 20xx dol in order to make an alt peach because her DJ is an animation

Quillion

Smash Hero
If I recall, editing Peach in a certain way causes crashing, right?

Also, why'd you change your name, Ripple?

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
editing peach doesn't cause crashes.

1.0 peach is not compatible with a 1.2 .dol and vice versa

Quillion

Smash Hero
Can you add this as an SDR stage (with windows and Bills removed, both of which can be done)?

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
editing peach doesn't cause crashes.

1.0 peach is not compatible with a 1.2 .dol and vice versa
Not true. I ran into this problem when I added my SDR/PAL/NTSC debug menu toggle but I discovered that several of the character files are actually larger than the file header says. I'm still confused as to why this doesn't cause crashes in 1.0 but I know the problem can easily be fixed by deleting some of the bytes at the end of the file (they're all "00").

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
that's what causes the crash when you try a console file on dolphin or reversed.

they have vastly different file sizes comparing 1.0 and 1.2 and it crashes because of that

Achilles1515

Smash Master
that's what causes the crash when you try a console file on dolphin or reversed.

they have vastly different file sizes comparing 1.0 and 1.2 and it crashes because of that
I still don't understand why those exact files work on 1.00 because the file length in the header does not correspond to how long the actual file is (this is the case with the Sheik you posted in the 20XX thread).

Anytime I've tried a file in 1.02 with the header not corresponding to the actual file length, the game always freezes up and doesn't know what to do.

Maybe file loading logic was changed between the versions? Or maybe I'm just missing something (likely).

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
I like the original peaches castle- its a GREAT doubles level as it can separate the double battle into to courts with that wall while still making it all one stage

I hope PM keeps it the way it was put in... and maybe this game can get rid of the bullet bills

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
So... since we're not going to get any character updates any time soon, how about adding more legal stages for a theoretical 3.1.5 instead?

I already posted a suggestion about making the legal Princess Peach's castle available (with Banzai Bills disabled), and I've seen tons of other hacks to make other stages legal (sized-down Temple, Brinstar w/no acid, rearranged Great Bay). I think this would be a better thing to focus on until we get more high-level data to improve SDR.

ライオン

Smash Cadet
NNID
RiotSword
3DS FC
5214-9919-0198
SD Remix needs more publicity like Project M. A lot of people I know that go to the same locals as me do not know of SD Remix. I would love to see SD Remix become a tournament viable game. Roy is actually playable, and his down-air is what every Roy main would ask for!

Quillion

Smash Hero
SD Remix needs more publicity like Project M. A lot of people I know that go to the same locals as me do not know of SD Remix. I would love to see SD Remix become a tournament viable game. Roy is actually playable, and his down-air is what every Roy main would ask for!
All we need to do is bring a Wii with SDR installed and play friendlies with others as well as try to convince them to install it on their Wiis too.

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
All we need to do is bring a Wii with SDR installed and play friendlies with others as well as try to convince them to install it on their Wiis too.
I'm bringing SDR to a Xanadu monthly tomorrow. Hopefully I can help some people get it on their Wiis too.

Also, I'm curious. If somebody already has a hacked Wii, can't they just copy the files from somebody else's SD card and have it all ready to go? Or is there something that prevents that from being possible? I could help spread the files much easier this way.

I'm asking this since I headed over to a friend's place a while back, popped my SD card into his hacked Wii, and SDR worked just fine.

Last edited:

IronChar

Smash Journeyman
the problem with making SDR more public currently is the required method to get it working requires a softmodded wii that can run mios dios: something that not everyone wants to do/is challenging to make possible

last I heard IE was working on a memory card exploit for 20XX, only a matter of time

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
I'm bringing SDR to a Xanadu monthly tomorrow. Hopefully I can help some people get it on their Wiis too.

Also, I'm curious. If somebody already has a hacked Wii, can't they just copy the files from somebody else's SD card and have it all ready to go? Or is there something that prevents that from being possible? I could help spread the files much easier this way.

I'm asking this since I headed over to a friend's place a while back, popped my SD card into his hacked Wii, and SDR worked just fine.
It kinda depends on what they have installed. I have a friend who went the Nintendont route, which requires ISOs instead of the unpacked files like for DIOS MIOS. If they have DIOS MIOS and they already have games loading properly, you can probably just copy over your SDR files to their device since they should already have set up their device to run DIOS MIOS with their properly formatted storage device, though I personally haven't tried this. There's also the issue of their SD cards not having enough space.

If they don't have DIOS MIOS installed, you'd have to give them the DIOS MIOS files and convince them to install them, and they'd have to install them properly.

Last edited:

_glook

Got a Passion for Smashin'
Last edited:

_Snover_

Frost Tree Pokémon
Back from Xanadu!
Had a little sign up that gave basic info as to what it is.

Unfortunately, since the people managing the tournament didn't see my post in the Facebook group, I couldn't get any better placement for the setup than in the back corner of the room.

Regardless, some groups of people tried it and I could tell they were having fun with it. It was used for nearly the whole time I was there.

Top Bottom