• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee scene in Colorado?

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
How much of a Melee scene is there in Colorado? Are there tournaments, biweeklies? Does anyone still play regularly? I'm especially interested in Denver and surrounding areas as I may be moving to Boulder soon.

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
In the thread Cloverleaf mentioned a few people replied and said there was an active scene around Denver, but that they mostly communicate on facebook.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Yeah, we have a FB group called "Colorado Smash"

I'm pretty active. Our Melee scene is kinda in a lull right now, because most our old-timers are dealing with life or trying to prove they can be good at other games (for the most part, they can't.)

But I'm in Denver and I'm down to smash almost every day. You can add me on FB via namesearch (Anthony Phalen. I have no avatar.)

Or you can search "Dan Aki" or "Colorado Smash" and request to join our FB group.

I'd love to have someone new to play. :)

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Oof.

Maybe find a way down to Denver/Aurora and see if you can get housed for a week/weekend or something? Come to at least one tournament. :D

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Glad there was a topic about this lol. My bro just offered me to move out to Colorado with him, I don't know when he's planning on doing this, but I'm deciding if I want to or not.

McShorts

Smash Rookie
The only communities that Ive seen active is Aurora and Denver. I think there was something in Buena Vista but idk. Anyone know anything about Fort Collins area? Im going to CSU so something in Boulder would even be fine.

Pasha<3smash

Smash Rookie
I NEED PEOPLE TO PLAY WITH - where are your tourneys / fests ?!?!?! Just requested to join Colorado smash im itching to find people to train with after a disappointment at pat's house. HELP ME OUT PWEASE

NoMind

Smash Rookie
Trying to join the facebook group, but I was a borderline competitive player from 2006-2010 at UM (funny now their smash community is awesome), and I live in uptown in Denver, by city park. I don't have a gamecube here, but I'm trying to just get back into the swing of things and enjoy some smash. I recently began catching up what's been happening with Smash on YouTube since the old Isai, Ken, M2K days and it got the juices going again. I used to play both 64 and Melee at close to competitive levels, not sure how good I am anymore.

Who would like play a few games and knock the rust off my game? :)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hello .

Like to travel?

Enjoy having fun with others?

Are you the best smash player in your region?

Prove it at the Midwest North smash circuit.

Full circuits for Melee, PM and Sm4sh singles and doubles.

Events-

Feb 21st in LaCross WI is the The Great Revival

March 14th in ST Cloud MN is Warehouse Pi Day

March 28th in Bellevue NE is Roll Tier V ($2000 pot bonus)

April 11th in Des Moines IA is Spring Show Down (SMASH WIIU, MELEE, AND PM: $50 POT BONUS FOR EVERY 25 ENTRANTS)
May 2nd in Kansas City, MO is DI or DIe: KC Classic

May 16th in Denver, CO is Revelation 2:2

June 6th in KS, location TBA, ran by Lux (event page coming soon)

June 27th in IL, full details tba, ran by Joe Fattal (event page coming soon)

Championship event is TBA, but will be huge.

Full details with links to specific tournaments at

http://smashboards.com/threads/midw...elee-pm-sm4sh-wi-mn-ne-ia-mo-co-ks-il.386220/

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Hey, smash

With over 140 people registered for the great Revival this weekend in WI, things are looking great for the MW so far and we expect things to be just as crazy up in MN with the Warehouse Throwdown 3.1415!!!

The 2nd leg of the circuit is in S. St. Cloud, MN on March 14th 2015. Registration will end March 6th at 11:59 pm (DIFFERENT THAN POSTED AS OF THIS POST), and the venue fee will increase by $5 on Feb 21st.

Please come support the midwest and celebrate PI day the right way.

Register Here: https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=EtlkzrsAWS3gTpf9BI2jIg

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/1607380712817246/

Smashboards: http://smashboards.com/threads/3-14...wn-3-1415-part-of-the-midwest-circuit.386875/

And in case you haven't registered yet...

The Great Revival is THIS SATURDAY February 21st 2015 in La Crosse WI, registration ends this Wednesday, this is the last day to assign partners.

Brackets should be up LATE Thursday night

Register Here: http://meleemilwaukee.com/gr/

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/events/1569332279962100/

Smashboards :http://smashboards.com/threads/feb-...rootloop-and-more-la-crosse-wisconsin.373667/

Official Circuit Thread: http://smashboards.com/threads/midw...elee-pm-sm4sh-wi-mn-ne-ia-mo-co-ks-il.386220/

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
I am attempting to join the Facebook group. I'll be in Colorado Springs this week, for about a week's time. Hoping to meet some Melee players and catch a weekly meet or something. PM me if you know who I should contact.

counterPayment

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I'm planning to head up to Colorado around spring break and was wondering if there is a place to smash around Boulder or the closest place to. I really would love to meet and play against some new people.

GreenBread

Smash Cadet
NNID
Iceformation
3DS FC
1203-9525-6346
The only communities that Ive seen active is Aurora and Denver. I think there was something in Buena Vista but idk. Anyone know anything about Fort Collins area? Im going to CSU so something in Boulder would even be fine.
CSU also has a Facebook group called CSU Smash. It's a official club at CSU and host weeklies on Wednesdays,

TheCouchSlouch2

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brianboitano
Is there anything like a monthly or weekly meet up around Denver and Englewood? The closest thing I get are a few anime conventions in the summer :/

Jibril

Smash Rookie
Yo CouchSlouch, if you have a Facebook account I would recommend checking out the Colorado Smash page, its really unorganized but you should be able to ask around because I know stuff goes down a lot around there, like in Aurora there is always a meetup tournament on Mondays idk about others.

TheCouchSlouch2

Smash Cadet
NNID
Brianboitano
Yo CouchSlouch, if you have a Facebook account I would recommend checking out the Colorado Smash page, its really unorganized but you should be able to ask around because I know stuff goes down a lot around there, like in Aurora there is always a meetup tournament on Mondays idk about others.
Yeah I checked it out, I'm actually trying to set up a competitive scene around Littleton and Denver

BRITENESS

Smash Rookie
NNID
TBUBrony
3DS FC
3797-5874-8219
Yeah I checked it out, I'm actually trying to set up a competitive scene around Littleton and Denver
I'd be down for that. I can't seem to find any scene aside from boulder. And I don't want to drive all the way down there every time I want to do a weekly or something. I've never attended a tournament or anything, but I want to. Just need to find a scene that's more closeby.

ChopShop

Smash Rookie
I just moved to Fort Collins and am looking to play (melee). Fest or tournament

Top Bottom