• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee PAL Tier List Released

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
The third tier list for the PAL version of Melee has been released by SmashEurope. With contributions from over thirty top players, including Armada and Ice, the list is sure to generate some discussion among the European scene.
Shown below is the new update of the tier list. Interested on seeing the full vote breakdowns for each player and reasonings? Head on over to SmashEurope for the full release.
SS : :foxmelee:
S : :marthmelee: :falcomelee:
High
A : :jigglypuffmelee: :sheikmelee:
B : :peachmelee:
C : :falconmelee: :icsmelee:
Mid
D : :samusmelee: :pikachumelee: :yoshimelee: :drmario:
E : :luigimelee: :ganondorfmelee: :mariomelee:
Low Mid
F : :linkmelee: :dkmelee: :younglinkmelee:
Low
G : :gawmelee: :zeldamelee: :mewtwomelee: :roymelee:
H : :nessmelee: :bowsermelee: :kirbymelee: :pichumelee:
The first Melee PAL tier list was released in 2007, with the second being released in 2010. All three tier lists have been largely organized by @Marc who has been one of the most influential leaders in the Dutch smash community, representing both Smashboards as an Administrator and SmashEurope as an Editor. All three iterations of the Melee PAL tier lists are recognised by Smashboards as official.

Do you agree with the results? Discuss your thoughts by following me on Twitter. -Xiivi

Effay

Smash Lord
Switch FC
0527-9775-5784
LOOK AT YOSHI GO THO!
also glad to see Fox on top still (:

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
Pichu, the worst character?
:facepalm:

yttik

Pichu the worst character..? Please, he is AT LEAST better than Ness.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Finally :dkmelee: and :mewtwomelee: are at a more respectable place. :yoshimelee:'s placement is pure awesomeness though.

For people who are unaware, the Top Tiers in PAL Melee are quite nerfed compared to the other versions. Except for :foxmelee: who only has a slighter shorter recovery now.

I like this list btw. Only thing I'd do differently is place :mewtwomelee: at the top of G tier.

Puppyfaic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Puppyluvv
Really? Link and Young Link are in the same tier? Isn't Young Link just kind of ... better?

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
SS: No surprise. I used to think Falco was better than Fox, then I learned to waveshine.
S: Even though I still main Falco, I have to agree that Marth is better (even in PAL with his nerfed spike).
A: I don't agree with Jigglypuff being higher than Sheik, let alone being so high in the first place.
B: I still think Peach is highly overrated. Top of mid-tier suits her well.
C: Ice Climbers makes sense, Captain Falcon should be where Peach is.
D: Yay for Doc being lower
E: Ganon and Mario should be higher
F: Only one I agree with completely other than SS
G: HOORAY FOR GAME & WATCH NOT BEING DUMPSTER TIER! Mewtwo should be way lower
H: Bowser should be last. Pichu, though arguably having the worst defense, has an incredible aerial offense. Up-air can be stringed together (I think it's disjointed?), b-air it great for edgeguards, and nair is just fabulous

It's a tier list, there's always controversy. I do agree overall, but there's still a few characters that need to switch places.

KneeIsLoveKneeIsLife

Smash Rookie
Ah alright. I just read that there have been 32 (!) people voting on the tier list, and more than 70% of them are literally ret*****. To give you a good view of why this list is utter trash, Leffen, Europes top 2 player, did not even vote because they apparently only let people vote they like. Makes sense.

Into the trash this list goes. "Smashboards approved". Funny.

It's also important to know that Leffen would have voted Falco and Marth above Fox.
What a surprise that Fox is in it's own tier; let's only let people vote that think Fox is the best!

Last edited:

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
A: I don't agree with Jigglypuff being higher than Sheik, let alone being so high in the first place.
Sheik was nerfed horrendously in PAL, not only because of her grab game but because she also has a much weaker u-air. Her PAL u-air isn't too much of an issue in fast faller MUs, but in floaty MUs, u-air was one of her primary kill moves in NTSC. Because she has a weaker u-air and weaker grab follow ups, it means that Sheik has significantly harder MUs against Puff and Peach, and some MUs with some mid-tiers are a lot closer than NTSC.

Puff on the other hand benefits from both Sheik and Fox changes, and she has winning MUs against everyone below her, especially against Peach and Sheik, two common characters in the metagame, and she goes evenish with Marth.

Both Falcon and ICs have bad (almost very bad) MUs amongst the high-tiers, so Puff in reality actually has a good argument for her placing. You might be able to argue that Puff isn't higher than Sheik, but Puff definitely is high-tier in PAL.

MegaMissingno

Smash Ace
NNID
missingno
Marth above Falco seems very strange to me given who gets nerfed harder in PAL.

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
I always said that Marth deserved to be above Sheik on the NTSC tier list. Looks like it's no different on the PAL tier list as well.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Wow! This new tier list will bring more variety at tournaments!

Instead of :foxmelee: vs. :foxmelee: vs. :foxmelee: vs. :foxmelee: vs. :foxmelee: vs. :falcomelee: vs. :foxmelee: vs. :foxmelee:, it will be :foxmelee: vs. :foxmelee: vs. :foxmelee: vs. :foxmelee: vs. :foxmelee: vs. :falcomelee: vs. :foxmelee: vs. :marthmelee:.

:troll::troll::troll:

Top Bottom