• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Combo Video( check it and let me know what you think :)

Any feedback would be great :/
Sure.

music choice is upbeat and catchy right off the bat, great choice on its own i think

intro text could be tightened up to be a bit shorter, slightly

transitions are fine, although later on a few of them were a hair longer than i'd like because i think it interrupted the flow slightly (this is a minor point)

most importantly, your video sized poorly: it looks like your video was captured/exported as like 960x720 or something and then rendered into 640:480.

here is an unstretched 640x480 video (correct for standard definition)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoDKZRV0-ps&t=1m35s

here is a 640x480 video stretched to be 810x480, losing its original 4:3 aspect ratio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj_54hAA3f0

note the difference of the thickness of the black bars on the sides of the video (youtube automatically fills in part of those boxes depending on the size of the video).

slow-mo effects were nice... not bad.

maybe add credits, or a description in the info. there was no way to know who's playing or where these clips are from, which would be helpful.

i don't normally comment on clip quality but you could cut out some of those clips in favor of showcasing only your most entertaining or notable ones.

not bad, keep producing.

AngryCamel

Smash Apprentice
Thanks a ton man, great feed back. I will definitely take a lot into consideration, the reason my intros are sometimes long is because often I use the intro length to time the music with a few big parts in the vid, and ye maybe a better ending and some credits could make it better.
Thanks for the feedback.

Top Bottom