• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mega Man's Super Glide Toss

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable

Smash 4 has brought back a few old advanced techniques. One, called the "Jump Cancel Glide Toss," which was in Brawl. Jump Cancel Glide Tossing can make characters slide by inputting an action while throwing an item. Characters like Mega Man, R.O.B and Diddy Kong can benefit from this because they have items they can throw. But Mega Man's glide toss soars far above the rest of the cast - when he uses this technique, it makes him slide significantly faster and farther then the rest of the cast. This tech was found by RED, and as you can see, it can set up for some pretty awesome results.

The tech could be used for down-smash and up-tilt kills. It can also be used as a way to get around the stage. This tech could potentially open a lot more options for Mega Man players. Styles says that he needs to try it with the rest of the cast, but at the moment it seems like Mega Man gets the most benefit from it.

What do you guys think? Do you think the Mega Man meta will advance? Leave your thoughts in the comments below.

Follow Michael on twitter @AsuraHedo

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You people wanted wavedashing....

You got something better.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530

Too late, Ike and Shulk do it better. =P

Just, situational for them xD

Ike's timing is crazy easy.

Last edited:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This does not help Megaman that much. :(

I wish it did, but MM is still just a beautiful mid-tier.

Blue24

Smash Cadet

Too late, Ike and Shulk do it better. =P

Just, situational for them xD

Ike's timing is crazy easy.
Mega Man gets the best out of this since he produces his own item; hence its unofficial name "Boost Blade" on MM boards.

Jon_14

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jon_14
3DS FC
1993-8945-7042
Aren't you guys kinda late on reporting this? It's been known at least a week or two.

Last edited:

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
not glide tossing please stop associating it with that glorious AT
looks more like DACIT
(dash attack cancel item throw)
obviously its not just stating it looks exactly the same

Last edited:

Blue24

Smash Cadet
If this works for Pac-Man, Abadango will suddenly become the most hilarious competitive player to watch. Period.
It definitly works on Pac-Man. Probably the second best user of this from what I have seen.

@ Overswarm Overswarm
Don't know how much of a boost it will give competitively, but ppl have gotten kills from this on For Glory.

Last edited:

Depster

Smash Champion
not glide tossing please stop associating it with that glorious AT
looks more like DACIT
(dash attack cancel item throw)
obviously its not just stating it looks exactly the same
No, it's actually the same thing. Same inputs and effect, anyway.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Mega Man gets the best out of this since he produces his own item; hence its unofficial name "Boost Blade" on MM boards.
Could be useful vs Megaman tho, in those MUs, since Ike and Shulk, as far as I know, aren't too good vs him. Also good in doubles.

Blue24

Smash Cadet
Could be useful vs Megaman tho, in those MUs, since Ike and Shulk, as far as I know, aren't too good vs him. Also good in doubles.
Yup. Alot of chars but not all can use it against mega man For Example, Link can use it, but Toon Link gets virtually no slide effect.

That doesnt change the fact that MM is one of the top chars with easy access to the skill though :p

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If only it was easier to pull off. MM definitely benefits the most, but I severally doubt this will be a game changer towards his viability.

Mega Man gets the best names on everything. I love not having to use the terms N/B/S/D/U Smash/Air/Tilt/Grab all the time.

Also Boost Bomb. lol

SilentSpartan

Smash Cadet
NNID
QuietGreninja
3DS FC
4570-9370-4123
I'd love to see Abadango take advantage of this. Too many people think he's one of the worse characters.

Blue24

Smash Cadet
It's useful for mixups but it's not that easy to do unfortunately.
I think it depends on the char and controller setup. Some chars have stricter timing. I remember someone saying that had an easy time on Mewtwo but struggled with MM.

For me on MM personally, after the dash I just hold the dash button and press the z & c-stick at the same time. Not sure if that is the best method to do it, but I get decent results.

I learned it within seconds.

Last edited:

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
This article has actually posted some misleading information: R.O.B and Diddy Kong don't benefit from this at all. In fact you would get a larger slide with a Jump-Cancel throw then with this DACIT technique.

Megaman is not the character that slides the farthest, but out of all of the characters that slide the highest distance he is the only one who can spawn an item by himself. The other item-spawning characters with a second-tier slide would be Link and Pacman.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
I think it depends on the char and controller setup. Some chars have stricter timing. I remember someone saying that had an easy time on Mewtwo but struggled with MM.

For me on MM personally, after the dash I just hold the dash button and press the z & c-stick at the same time. Not sure if that is the best method to do it, but I get decent results.

I learned it within seconds.
Oh, thanks for the tips. I'll try it out later.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
This article has actually posted some misleading information: R.O.B and Diddy Kong don't benefit from this at all. In fact you would get a larger slide with a Jump-Cancel throw then with this DACIT technique.

Megaman is not the character that slides the farthest, but out of all of the characters that slide the highest distance he is the only one who can spawn an item by himself. The other item-spawning characters with a second-tier slide would be Link and Pacman.
And Villager.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I might as well start practicing doing this technique before Nintendo finds out and patches it.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
So is this just regular jc canceled glide toss? or am I missing something here? :/

link2702

Smash Champion
sadly we all know nintendo will patch this out much like they did the dacus, and using Fsmash with a throwing item.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Villager technically cannot produce his own items at will if he doesn't pocket anything, and even if he can he doesn't benefit from the technique as he doesn't really slide far at all.
Wood chip, dude~

Also he slides 'aight' levels of far.

It's a wider distance than Villager can cross running, I believe, in that span of time.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
This was discovered before Styles by some player in JPN. He made another video of it to show more users it. Still good stuff advancing the meta by all players.

No, it's actually the same thing. Same inputs and effect, anyway.
No, it's not.

So is this just regular jc canceled glide toss? or am I missing something here? :/
This isn't a "jc glidetoss" (which isnt even a thing since you can't jc a glidetoss). It is a dashing item toss cancelled item toss.

Glidetoss: Cancelling a roll into a standing item toss in any direction

JC item toss: Cancelling your dash/run into a jump, then cancelling the jump with a standing item toss in any direction

DACIT: Cancelling a dash attack into an item toss

DACUS (I cant believe I have to clarify this): Cancelling a dash attack into an USmash

This: cancelling a dashing item toss into a standing item toss upwards

Get it right people.

MrTeddyBear

Smash Apprentice
This goes much further than a simple JC throw for some characters. Other characters will go less further (especially with Sonic) so it depends on the character if the DACIT (the technique shown here) is actually beneficial (if it goes further than JC throw or not).

And it's possible to throw the item forwards as well despite what the video shows, but not with the C-Stick. You have to do the manual combination of A+B buttons to replace the C-Stick in performing a smash attack needed to throw the item.

Last edited:

Hi_C

Smash Rookie
Wait, can Peach also do this? She can spawn turnips, so isn't that the same as Link with his bombs or MM with his metal blade?

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Oh this is just DACIT, thats been known. Hella characters can do this.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
No, it's not.

This isn't a "jc glidetoss" (which isnt even a thing since you can't jc a glidetoss). It is a dashing item toss cancelled item toss.

JC item toss: Cancelling your dash/run into a jump, then cancelling the jump with a standing item toss in any direction

DACUS (I cant believe I have to clarify this): Cancelling a dash attack into an USmash

Get it right people.
sorry, I really don't get into the terminology. Thanks for clearing that up.

Depster

Smash Champion
No, it's not.

Get it right people.
Oh, you're right. DACIT was c-stick then z, this one is z and c-stick. To be fair though, I think you could do DACIT with this input. (Which is what I was arguing, same input and effect, even if the reason is different)

Top Bottom