• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meet TSM Leffen

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
In case you've been living under a rock, William 'Leffen' Hjelte is a Swedish Fox player who has been causing upsets and turning heads at major tournaments for nearly a year. Considered part of the 'Top 6' of Melee, he's well known for his Fox play, and for the controversy that always seems to follow him around.

A while back, Leffen signed with professional eSports organization Team SoloMid. This recent video made by Team SoloMid talks about Leffen, and his plans for Smash, and his future in competitive gaming.

In case you can't watch at the moment, here are some notable quotes:

"I was branded pretty early as a villain. In the beginning I did not care about it. But as time went on I started realizing that if I had a role in the smash scene, I do like the villain role."

"Since everybody is friends no one is really pushing each other, because you're not going to try that hard to beat somebody you're close with."

"If you think some one isn't as good as they walk around saying to everyone... there should be someone ready to call that out, and if no one else does it, i'm going to do it."

What do you think of the video? Are you excited to see where Leffen goes next? Make your voice heard in the comments!

Follow Michael @AsuraHedo on Twitter.

Last edited by a moderator:

◥θ┴θ◤ | JJ

Smash Journeyman
On the Midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
NNID
ThatGamerGuy52
3DS FC
5370-0522-3919
I've grown to respect Leffen as a villain lately. His attitude, while not super polite (or anything close), has improved largely over what it was prior to his one year ban from tournaments, and I suppose it's gotten to the point where he's likable because of his unlikability.

Whether he wins or loses, it's always fun watching the drama unfold.

Diamond DHD

Smash Journeyman
L E F F E N B O Y S
*Z I P B O Y Z

Really though, I'm happy with the progress Leffen is making to the top, he is by far my favourite Smash player overall. I love his attitude and the manner in which he deals with things, honest, cold, but cares for the community more than most others, someone who isn't afraid to take on a bad reputation for the sake of everyone.

Leffen isn't a villain, he's an anti-villain.

Last edited:

N.T.A.O ChangeOfHeart 死の剣

不自然な不道徳な中空デミ神〜
"In case you've been living under a rock, William 'Leffen' Hjelte is a Swedish Fox player who has been causing upsets and turning heads at major tournaments for nearly a year. "

Under a rock? Nah, some just don't care which the minority. The under the rock is quite silly and stupid. Some just don't care.

Last edited:

Falm

Smash Rookie
Not a Leffen fan, love seeing him get rekt, but his presence is needed in the current smash scene. It livens things up, adds a little heat

Seal

Smash Journeyman
Aside from his actions at Apex this year, I am finding more respect for Leffen.

Also, you really need to fix the grammar in the quotes. There's about 4 errors and they're really obvious.

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
You guys may talk a mess about Leffen, but he generates hype. Imagine if he won Apex? Casual's salt would make them join the scene and outcry beyond imagination would occur. Perfection. I also have a penchant for villains.

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Leffen's role as the "bad guy" isn't to be taken too seriously. He's a nice guy, he's just a hard competitor. I love watching the dude play and he generates hype with his image as the "villain".

He's like Vegeta to Mang0's Goku.

PPMD is Piccolo because calculating and calm.

Too lazy to do the rest.

But I hope Leffen wins Evo this year just because I'd like to see him be the guy to beat.

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
TLDR I hate leffen to much to care abot this, this comment is all he deserves from me.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Leffen's role as the "bad guy" isn't to be taken too seriously. He's a nice guy, he's just a hard competitor. I love watching the dude play and he generates hype with his image as the "villain".

He's like Vegeta to Mang0's Goku.

PPMD is Piccolo because calculating and calm.

Too lazy to do the rest.

But I hope Leffen wins Evo this year just because I'd like to see him be the guy to beat.
And I guess Armada would be like Future Trunks and HBox is Tien (only much more credible)?

Last edited:

Mr. Blue Sky

Smash Cadet
"I'm not lawful, make this ***** stop talking; You're not one of the gods, you're one of the god awful;"

LFFN makes the Smash community like WWE. I love it.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
"I was branded pretty early as a villain. In the beginning I did not care about it. But as time went on I started realizing that if I had a role in the smash scene, I do like the villain role."

"If you think some one isn't as good as they walk around saying to everyone... there should be someone ready to call that out, and if no one else does it, i'm going to do it."
Leffen just went up a few more spaces in the MarioMeteor Respect Chart. You can't help but love him when he says **** like that. He's like Bowser, the villain you hate to love and love to hate.

Last edited:

TheHypnotoad

Smash Ace
"I was branded as a villain pretty early on."

Oh, but you're not going to mention WHY you were branded as a villain? Bullying new players out of the scene? Making fun of people with disabilities? Crying victim when anyone called you out on your ****?

Leffen can go **** himself for all I care. He's a subhuman.

Smearglangelo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UltraKoopaTroopa
3DS FC
4124-5097-9262
Nice video! Good editing really makes all the difference.

I don't really agree with Leffen's mentality though.

Last edited:

The_Woebegone_Jackal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Faver_Jo
3DS FC
4854-6514-7143
Don't care for the guy, but I gave the little video a view anyway. I suppose there is some truth to the community needing someone to hate, can't argue with type casting one's self.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
I was wondering why Smashboards had a story about Ellen...nvm

Top Bottom