• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Vote for Medusa's Homecoming Party!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Sakurai will get "bias" no matter what. The problem is that the choices he'll make will be debated, no matter what. It's a lose-lose scenario.

• If he picks Medusa, people will complain that he went with the boring villain and not the edge, super-cool one. But, for the record, I view Hades as super-lame, though I do respect Hades fans, so I won't lie by saying that this is the lesser of two evils, IMO.
  • If he picks Hades, he'll catch hell for picking his own creation over a character that has more involvement in the canon.
  • If he puts BOTH in, people will complain about him going overboard, even if people get both the traditionalist & the wild and crazy evil god.
  • If he doesn't do either one... Dark Pit should stick to being the character some fans wished they had a voodoo doll of.
So, you can see the dilenma.

I'm also curious as to what Medusa's Guidance will be. I'm hoping Medusa takes over for Palutena and Viridi and simply makes it a threat to Pit, but more likely than not, she'll eventually be asked why she helped them in the end, and Medusa reluctantly states that she grew tired of being revived and manipulated, and wanted her misery to end (I'm guessing her involvement in Smash Bros. might have been a reward by Palutena for that, which the Goddess of Light would joke about). She's an evil goddess, but as we all know, she's an honest one.

And, as for Boxing Ring title... Queen of the Underworld Army. Plain and simple.
The problem is that people think he already went overboard with KI. It's maybe because I like the serie, but I don't see the problem: there's tons of unique items, and that would be a shame not to use them. Palutena is an awesome, unique choice, and Dark Pit is a pure bonus character (and despite being a clone, it's cool for the fans of Dark Pit). It was him or nothing. Or maybe Alph.
I saw complaints about the music too. I guess it's simply easy for Sakurai to put music from his game, as there's no need to "ask" for them. Finally, there's a lot of KI enemies in Smash Run, but it was said it was easy to port.

No the only real Sakurai bias is focusing to much on his own games, within Kirby and Kid Icarus. But he "transformed" Medusa too, like he did with Pit and Palutena, so...

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Kid Icarus probably could have had hades or medusa as dlc but dark pit is there so it's impossible at this point sadly. I would rather wait 1 year for hads/medusa dlc then have dark pit be the 3rd rep.
He is just a last-minute addition though. If you understand the situation, I don't think it stops Hades or Medusa from being playable as DLC.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Why would Dark Pit make any other potential KI characters impossible?

Anyway, Medusa is on my list of characters that i hope become DLC. (I like Hades but i think he should be a stage boss or added into Pit's codecs)

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Why would Dark Pit make any other potential KI characters impossible?

Anyway, Medusa is on my list of characters that i hope become DLC. (I like Hades but i think he should be a stage boss or added into Pit's codecs)
Because a series with 3 games doesn't deserve 4 reps. It may have done well with Upring and the orginal but it's still a pretty obscure series. 3 reps is seriously pushing the limits for a niche franchise let alone 4.

Dark Pit does screws over potential KI reps like Medusa/Hades/Viridi because he's a 3rd rep. Adding anymore would seriously be massive bias.

Don't get me wrong I'd love Medusa as a 4th rep being playable but I feel Sakurai won't add anyone else because he added Dark Pit before others and as the final 3rd rep. He pretty much killed off any chances for others.

That's just how I see it. Big medusa supporter but ya DP just killed hr chances :(

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Yeah i doubt that.

Like others have said, adding characters is a lose lose scenario. It doesn't matter who it is. People saying Sakurai has bias will say that about any choice he makes with the roster.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
And if were going the DLC route sakurai is only gonna choose newcomers who will make huge sales. I mean ya I'd buy medusa/hades dlc but more people would buy Dixie, King k Rool, Ridley, Isaac or heck even Impa dlc before another kid Icarus rep.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
And if were going the DLC route sakurai is only gonna choose newcomers who will make huge sales. I mean ya I'd buy medusa/hades dlc but more people would buy Dixie, King k Rool, Ridley, Isaac or heck even Impa dlc before another kid Icarus rep.
I'm pretty sure that an interesting reveal trailer and giving the character some moves that will make him/her stand out will be enough for a decent amount of people to buy that said character. The fact that nearly everyone (most Smash fans) loved Sakurai's work on Kid Icarus Uprising is enough to justify how popular a Kid Icarus DLC character would be.

Hell, there's been plenty of people I've seen saying "Kid Icarus Uprising 2 confirmed!" just because of the Palutena Guidance on Dark Pit and a few people were suggesting the idea of another Kid Icarus rep as DLC. All that's left for us to do really is to wait and see if that bias will get a hold of Sakurai and his team again. :awesome:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I honestly can see Sakurai go for packs with characters that sells well, mixed with original, less popular characters. And there's MANY possibilities.

Heck, he could even go with semi-clones to beef up DLCs pack if he wanted.

D

Deleted member

The problem is that people think he already went overboard with KI. It's maybe because I like the serie, but I don't see the problem: there's tons of unique items, and that would be a shame not to use them. Palutena is an awesome, unique choice, and Dark Pit is a pure bonus character (and despite being a clone, it's cool for the fans of Dark Pit). It was him or nothing. Or maybe Alph.
I saw complaints about the music too. I guess it's simply easy for Sakurai to put music from his game, as there's no need to "ask" for them. Finally, there's a lot of KI enemies in Smash Run, but it was said it was easy to port.

No the only real Sakurai bias is focusing to much on his own games, within Kirby and Kid Icarus. But he "transformed" Medusa too, like he did with Pit and Palutena, so...
Well, yeah, what with all the KI enemies (do we really need an Orne in Smash Run?! ), the Fiend Scale being based off Fiend Cauldron, and other stuff. But I was merely referring to the character side of things with that list.

And, bias is going to be present, both for and against. People will argue that Metroid should have more content, as will Donkey Kong (I'm in the "Golden Sun should have content, period" camp). I'd like more fairness, but it's one of those things that you have to just grin and bear it.

But, you know... if there is demand, even in a sea of complaints, you might as well try to satisfy it. I mean, I didn't like Uprising at all, but I would love for a Medusa playable because she would be a compelling fighter, even if some of her attacks would make her a semi-clone of other fighters.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, yeah, what with all the KI enemies (do we really need an Orne in Smash Run?! ), the Fiend Scale being based off Fiend Cauldron, and other stuff. But I was merely referring to the character side of things with that list.
People complaining about the scale is like people complaining about the challenges that looks like Kid Icarus challenges... that looks like Brawl's challenge that looks like Kirby Air Ride's challenges. I have to say that it's just Sakurai's way to do.

And, bias is going to be present, both for and against. People will argue that Metroid should have more content, as will Donkey Kong (I'm in the "Golden Sun should have content, period" camp). I'd like more fairness, but it's one of those things that you have to just grin and bear it.
The main problem with the newcommers is the fact that they are almost all from popular and recent games, minus DHD (not recent) and Wii Fit Trainer (not a popular character). I like that Sakurai's went with the originality route, while keeping popular characters, and I think it was the right thing to do, but they really went overboard with the promotional aspect.

But, you know... if there is demand, even in a sea of complaints, you might as well try to satisfy it. I mean, I didn't like Uprising at all, but I would love for a Medusa playable because she would be a compelling fighter, even if some of her attacks would make her a semi-clone of other fighters.
Well, beside a warp recovery, I don't really see what moves she would clone. Of course, she is a staff wielding goddess, like Palutena, but she wouldn't move or fight like her.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The main problem with the newcommers is the fact that they are almost all from popular and recent games, minus DHD (not recent) and Wii Fit Trainer (not a popular character). I like that Sakurai's went with the originality route, while keeping popular characters, and I think it was the right thing to do, but they really went overboard with the promotional aspect.
I think they did the same thing in Brawl. Most of the newcomers were promoting something between 2001 and 2007.

:diddy:
Donkey Kong Country GBA (2003)
Donkey Kong Country 2 GBA (2004)
DK: King of Swing (2005)
Diddy Kong Racing DS (2007)
Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast (2007)
DK: Jungle Climber (2007)

:wario:
Wario Land 4 (2001)
Wario World (2003)
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! (2003)
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$! (2003)
WarioWare: Twisted! (2004)
WarioWare: Touched! (2004)
WarioWare: Smooth Moves (2006)

:toonlink:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords (2002)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2002)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (2004)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (2005)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (2007)

:zerosuitsamus:
Metroid: Zero Mission (2004)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (2004)
Metroid Prime Hunters (2006)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (2007)

:pit:
Famicom Mini Series: Kid Icarus (2004)

:rob:
Mario Kart DS (2005)

:metaknight:
Kirby: Nightmare in Dream Land (2002)
Kirby Air Ride (2003)
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (2004)
Kirby: Canvas Curse (2005)
Kirby: Squeak Squad (2006)

:dedede:
Kirby Air Ride (2003)

:olimar:
Pikmin (2001)
Pikmin 2 (2004)

:wolf:
Star Fox: Assault (2005)
Star Fox Command (2006)

:pt::squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:
Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen (2004)

:lucario:
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl (2006)

:ike:
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (2005)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (2007)

:lucas:
Mother 3 (2006)

I think the reason why most people feel that SSB4 were about promoting games is because most of the newcomers are characters from new IPs that debuted in the 21st century :4villager::4wiifit::4mii::4shulk: or characters from revived IPs after having no new games since the early 1990s :4littlemac::4palutena: or characters who were introduced in the 21st century in long-running IPs that have been around since the 1980s or 1990s :rosalina::4greninja::4lucina::4robinm::4darkpit::4bowserjr: or pure retro characters :4duckhunt: or third party characters :4megaman::4pacman:

Compare to the Brawl newcomers... most of them are characters that debuted in the 1990s :diddy::wario::metaknight::dedede::wolf::pt::squirtle::ivysaur::charizard::sonic: and few of them debuted in the 21st century (and they added only one new IP from the 21st century) :toonlink::zerosuitsamus::olimar::lucario::ike::lucas: and the extreme minority are from the 1980s (and two of them are retro) :pit::rob::snake:

Notice how people often say we are running out of characters? That's because the older Smash fans who started in 1999 are running out of popular and iconic characters from the 1980s and 1990s... and now we are starting to get more popular and iconic characters from the 21st century... they are more popular with the younger generations of Smash gamers.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I think they did the same thing in Brawl. Most of the newcomers were promoting something between 2001 and 2007.

:diddy:
Donkey Kong Country GBA (2003)
Donkey Kong Country 2 GBA (2004)
DK: King of Swing (2005)
Diddy Kong Racing DS (2007)
Donkey Kong: Barrel Blast (2007)
DK: Jungle Climber (2007)

:wario:
Wario Land 4 (2001)
Wario World (2003)
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$! (2003)
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$! (2003)
WarioWare: Twisted! (2004)
WarioWare: Touched! (2004)
WarioWare: Smooth Moves (2006)

:toonlink:
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords (2002)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (2002)
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures (2004)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (2005)
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (2007)

:zerosuitsamus:
Metroid: Zero Mission (2004)
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes (2004)
Metroid Prime Hunters (2006)
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (2007)

:pit:
Famicom Mini Series: Kid Icarus (2004)

:rob:
Mario Kart DS (2005)

:metaknight:
Kirby Air Ride (2003)
Kirby & the Amazing Mirror (2004)

:dedede:
Kirby Air Ride (2003)

:olimar:
Pikmin (2001)
Pikmin 2 (2004)

:wolf:
Star Fox: Assault (2005)
Star Fox Command (2006)

:pt::squirtle::ivysaur::charizard:
Pokemon FireRed & LeafGreen (2004)

:lucario:
Pokemon Diamond & Pearl (2006)

:ike:
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (2005)
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn (2007)

:lucas:
Mother 3 (2006)

I think the reason why most people feel that SSB4 were about promoting games is because most of the newcomers are characters from new IPs that debuted in the 21st century :4villager::4wiifit::4mii::4shulk: or characters from revived IPs after having no new games since the early 1990s :4littlemac::4palutena: or characters who were introduced in the 21st century in long-running IPs that have been around since the 1980s or 1990s :rosalina::4greninja::4lucina::4robinm::4darkpit::4bowserjr: or pure retro characters :4duckhunt: or third party characters :4megaman::4pacman:

Compare to the Brawl newcomers... most of them are characters that debuted in the 1990s :diddy::wario::metaknight::dedede::wolf::pt::squirtle::ivysaur::charizard::sonic: and few of them debuted in the 21st century (and they added only one new IP from the 21st century) :toonlink::zerosuitsamus::olimar::lucario::ike::lucas: and the extreme minority are from the 1980s (and two of them are retro) :pit::rob::snake:

Notice how people often say we are running out of characters? That's because the older Smash fans who started in 1999 are running out of popular and iconic characters from the 1980s and 1990s... and now we are starting to get more popular and iconic characters from the 21st century... they are more popular with the younger generations of Smash gamers.
While I agree entirely, most of Brawl's newcomers felt "needed", especially:4wario2::4diddy::4metaknight: and :4dedede:. :pt:to an extent, being the playable protagonist. :4myfriends::4lucario::lucas: being the most promotional to me.

The difference this time is that a lot of existing series all have their main characters (even Metroid have Mother Brain, Dark Samus and Ridley, despite them not playable). To me, only:4villager: and somewhat :4palutena: were the obvious newcomers. This doesn't mean that the other newcomers weren't requested! But :rosalina:and :4wiifit: for example (to characters I love playing) are great additions that don't have that "needed representation" role.

The only big serie really suffering so far is DK to me. And WarioLand. Please Sakurai, Wario have done plateforming too.

Oh, and about running out of characters... We have plenty of time before that. Retro or new characters, there's still a lot of people waiting to Smash!

D

Deleted member

People complaining about the scale is like people complaining about the challenges that looks like Kid Icarus challenges... that looks like Brawl's challenge that looks like Kirby Air Ride's challenges. I have to say that it's just Sakurai's way to do.

I agree with both of these. But, it didn't work for some potential fighters who would have done well with this mindset of promoting recent events. Let's look at two Brawl ATs that people commonly requested to become playable, for example; Little Mac had a game in 2009, and Isaac made an appearance in a game in 2010. Little Mac made it in, while Isaac was omitted entirely. Naturally, people would defend this theory by stating that Punch-Out!! on the Wii was a raving success, while Golden Sun: Dark Dawn wasn't a commercial success, so Little Mac "deserved" it more. Yea, Sakurai's mind works in mysterious ways, so I won't put it behind him to utilize the promotion of potential DLC fighters to hype future projects.

Well, beside a warp recovery, I don't really see what moves she would clone. Of course, she is a staff wielding goddess, like Palutena, but she wouldn't move or fight like her.
I know you were thinking I'd look at her as a clone of Palutena, but when I said "semi-clone", I was referring to her special moves as being based off of other fighters. Basically, those moves would be built upon existing moves, and this would go for the Custom ones, as well. I said earlier that her being a direct clone of Palutena would do her no justice.

Looking at your moveset for her, Claw could have alternates like Crush Claw and Leaping Claw (similar to Little Mac and Shiek's moves). And, Poison Hand would operate similar to Bowser's Fire Breath & Charizard's Flamethrower, where the poison mist would subside with excessive use.

The only Palutena move I would have is "Warp", but for Medusa, it'd be "Teleport". Her smash moves, taunts, movements, and Final Smash would be radically different. I still regard her as a potential heavyweight who would be one of the slower fighters in the game.

The only big serie really suffering so far is DK to me. And WarioLand. Please Sakurai, Wario have done plateforming too.
Oh, and about running out of characters... We have plenty of time before that. Retro or new characters, there's still a lot of people waiting to Smash!
Considering Wario's presentation, one would assume all he ever did was make minigames and pass gas a lot. There IS a Wario Land track, but it was the one built off of his Brawl victory theme, so until we see one completely seperate from this, I'll still view it as suffering.

But, Donkey Kong finally got a proper stage in Jungle Hijinxs, so that's a start... 16 years into the Smash franchise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I agree with both of these. But, it didn't work for some potential fighters who would have done well with this mindset of promoting recent events. Let's look at two Brawl ATs that people commonly requested to become playable, for example; Little Mac had a game in 2009, and Isaac made an appearance in a game in 2010. Little Mac made it in, while Isaac was omitted entirely. Naturally, people would defend this theory by stating that Punch-Out!! on the Wii was a raving success, while Golden Sun: Dark Dawn wasn't a commercial success, so Little Mac "deserved" it more. Yea, Sakurai's mind works in mysterious ways, so I won't put it behind him to utilize the promotion of potential DLC fighters to hype future projects.
I see Little Mac as Sakurai's response to the occidental fanbase. It's the only character that japanese people didn't knew about, and while the newcommers are popular worldwide, I'm sure that they are even more popular in Japan (can't prove it, though)

I know you were thinking I'd look at her as a clone of Palutena, but when I said "semi-clone", I was referring to her special moves as being based off of other fighters. Basically, those moves would be built upon existing moves, and this would go for the Custom ones, as well. I said earlier that her being a direct clone of Palutena would do her no justice.

Looking at your moveset for her, Claw could have alternates like Crush Claw and Leaping Claw (similar to Little Mac and Shiek's moves). And, Poison Hand would operate similar to Bowser's Fire Breath & Charizard's Flamethrower, where the poison mist would subside with excessive use.

The only Palutena move I would have is "Warp", but for Medusa, it'd be "Teleport". Her smash moves, taunts, movements, and Final Smash would be radically different. I still regard her as a potential heavyweight who would be one of the slower fighters in the game.
In fact, I wasn't really thining that much of Palutena, beside the teleportation. And I assume it would have some offensive properties, so a comparison with Zelda would be more appropriate.

Anyway, with almost 50 fighters, there's obviously moves that would work remotely like others.

Considering Wario's presentation, one would assume all he ever did was make minigames and pass gas a lot. There IS a Wario Land track, but it was the one built off of his Brawl victory theme, so until we see one completely seperate from this, I'll still view it as suffering.

But, Donkey Kong finally got a proper stage in Jungle Hijinxs, so that's a start... 16 years into the Smash franchise.
That's the problem, it's only Warioware. I love Warioware, but I seriously hope for more Warioland tracks. It's already a shame that he don't have his shoulder bash anymore...
Donkey Kong really lack some assist trophies too. It's weird that Wario have two (awesome) AT, yet DK have none.

At least, the new DK stage seems playable, this time.

D

Deleted member

I see Little Mac as Sakurai's response to the occidental fanbase. It's the only character that japanese people didn't knew about, and while the newcommers are popular worldwide, I'm sure that they are even more popular in Japan (can't prove it, though)
And I view Shulk as the counterpick to Little Mac, as somebody the Japanese would go insane over, but most everybody would be "Huh? Is he related to Hulk Hogan?"

Not dismissing Xenoblade Chronicles, but it is something that is more of a "diehard" thing.

In fact, I wasn't really thining that much of Palutena, beside the teleportation. And I assume it would have some offensive properties, so a comparison with Zelda would be more appropriate.

Anyway, with almost 50 fighters, there's obviously moves that would work remotely like others.
True to that, you are bound to have similar moves.

That's the problem, it's only Warioware. I love Warioware, but I seriously hope for more Warioland tracks. It's already a shame that he don't have his shoulder bash anymore...
Donkey Kong really lack some assist trophies too. It's weird that Wario have two (awesome) AT, yet DK have none.

At least, the new DK stage seems playable, this time.
Yeah, I love the WarioWare games, but Wario debuted not in a minigame collection, but as part of a platforming game, and he actually took that game and built his entire series out of it. I still haven't recovered from the loss of the Shoulder Bash.

When this game was coming to being, I was expecting a major DK villain (King K. Rool, Tiki Tong, or Lord Fredrik) to be an AT, and considering Gogoat's capabilities on the Wii U version, that Rambi would be the AT version of Gogoat.

Anyway, on the topic, considering how Dark Pit's (ughgugugugh) Guidance has Viridi employing him and several others to fight the Goddess of Light, I am curious about how Medusa's Guidance will be mentioned. I already said my idea (the "I thought you got tired of living!" spiel), but I'm curious what you guys think.

EDIT: Knowing about damnation with double posts, I wanted to comment on the possibility that, since people would argue her being closer to a Zelda-type fighter than a Palutena fighter, I'd wonder if she could have an Amazon Pandora summon.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Yes, I know this is wrong, but I wanted to make a new post to this thread...

...Medusa doesn't have a theme in Uprising. If she debuts, she's gonna get Generic Boss theme. That's really depressing.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

...Medusa doesn't have a theme in Uprising. If she debuts, she's gonna get Generic Boss theme. That's really depressing.
Although there's a bit of Dark Pit in it, they can remix Medusa's Final Battle.

D

Deleted member

Although there's a bit of Dark Pit in it, they can remix Medusa's Final Battle.
I'd be okay with that, even with the taint of Dark Pit involved.

I also wanted to make a comment about possible adjustments to the moveset, and possibly including a Pandora summon as Medusa's Down Special.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'd be okay with that, even with the taint of Dark Pit involved.

I also wanted to make a comment about possible adjustments to the moveset, and possibly including a Pandora summon as Medusa's Down Special.
I'd go with the normal Pandora, personally. Bonus point in nostalgia.

About the theme, there's two part actually. The first one, original (also heard in Chapter 23), then the remix of Underworld theme (with a bit of Dark Pit in it, it's possible to get rid of it I guess).

Is Medusa's theme worth remixing at all?
Was remixing the Reset Bomb Forest theme worth at all? :awesome: Actually, yes, because it's not a loop song. It's the same thing here.

Jovian the Conqueror

Smash Cadet

But isn't the music that plays when we first encounter her in Chapter 1 an arrangement of her final boss theme from the original Kid Icarus? Listen carefully when she says "What better way to celebrate my than with a festive little bloodbath?" particularly and you can hear some of the notes from her fight from the original. The rhythm of the strings and the trumpets before then I think sound quite similar to the beat of her final boss theme, too.

Nobody else I've seen seems to have noticed that, so I could be mistaken: feel free to call me a stupid face if I am. (Actually, don't do that!)

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'd go with the normal Pandora, personally. Bonus point in nostalgia.

About the theme, there's two part actually. The first one, original (also heard in Chapter 23), then the remix of Underworld theme (with a bit of Dark Pit in it, it's possible to get rid of it I guess).

Was remixing the Reset Bomb Forest theme worth at all? :awesome: Actually, yes, because it's not a loop song. It's the same thing here.
Well if they were planning to use RBF as a stage from the beginning, that song was a pretty obvious choice.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well if they were planning to use RBF as a stage from the beginning, that song was a pretty obvious choice.
Obvious choice, for sure. But does the remix was necessary? After all, there's also the original one. The "problem" is, the track doesn't loop and is made for the flying stage. There's the remix made for the stage, where it loops, and the original one is perfect for Smash Run, as it's a 5 minute track. I'm pretty sure only Kid Icarus have 5 minutes, unlooped tracks for Smash Run.

That's why every tracks that are on flying stage need a remix, even if it's just to loop it.

D

Deleted member

Game's offiically out. It's time to go hunting for the Goddess of Darkness and see how great she looks in HD (well, besides the commerical).

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Game's offiically out. It's time to go hunting for the Goddess of Darkness and see how great she looks in HD (well, besides the commerical).
I wonder how KI trophies will be handled considering a lot of them are imported from Uprising in the 3DS version. Will it be Brawl's scenario (with more content, as there's items and AT), or will they care to make new models?

D

Deleted member

If what the GameXplain video showed me, I expect Medusa's figure to be the same as the 3DS version. Though hopefully the dress won't be as blotchy.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If Palutena's reveal trailer had fanservice, then I would expect Medusa to get the exact same treatment. I mean, it would be utterly criminal if Sakurai avoids giving us that sideboob action in HD. :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ok, I'm not sure of the fiability of this poll, but I don't care.
http://www.ranker.com/list/super-smash-bros-4-dlc-or-wii-u-transfer-characters/smashsmash

Medusa being in the top ten is cool enough.
Medusa having more votes than Dixie Kong is quite interesting, shows to how much people would love more Uprising material despite the bias. Makes me want her as DLC even more since her victory quotes and moveset would be gold (Being one of the few serious characters and all).

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Medusa having more votes than Dixie Kong is quite interesting, shows to how much people would love more Uprising material despite the bias. Makes me want her as DLC even more since her victory quotes and moveset would be gold (Being one of the few serious characters and all).
I feel like Medusa could still manage to be a bit comical, like Zelda being some kind of jealous ex when shown during devellopement (and Twilight Princess' Zelda is really serious).

Or simply look at Ganondorf's face.

I love how he looks in this Smash.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I feel like Medusa could still manage to be a bit comical, like Zelda being some kind of jealous ex when shown during devellopement (and Twilight Princess' Zelda is really serious).

Or simply look at Ganondorf's face.

I love how he looks in this Smash.
Dat Ganon face though. :laugh:

True, they need to give her some comical qualities so that she can feel right at home with the Smash crew. Smash is all about fun and over the top mayhem (sorry tourney**** :troll:) and the Goddess of Darkness can at least bring some dark humor in the mix. I did find the "homecoming party" line funny during her introduction, so more humor like that can work with the addition of her sideboob. :awesome:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Dat Ganon face though. :laugh:

True, they need to give her some comical qualities so that she can feel right at home with the Smash crew. Smash is all about fun and over the top mayhem (sorry tourney**** :troll:) and the Goddess of Darkness can at least bring some dark humor in the mix. I did find the "homecoming party" line funny during her introduction, so more humor like that can work with the addition of her sideboob. :awesome:
Thinking about it, the sole fact that Medusa is super serious can make her quite comical in the Smash universe.

D

Deleted member

Thinking about it, the sole fact that Medusa is super serious can make her quite comical in the Smash universe.
She would be the Steve Blackman to everybody else's Al Snow. Everybody wins.

Looking at that poll, it makes me wonder how Medusa would qualify for contention. We can throw out Uprising being in her favor (scant appearances, usurped by new villain, and didn't make the popular polls), but what about being a retro character, in particular, a Western-based request? This worked for Little Mac and Duck Hunt Dog, and in Medusa's case, she'd be pushed more as the 1980s antagonist that gave many people fits, but with the Uprising appearance, of course. In fact, in this scenario, I wouldn't mind there being an 8-bit themed stage for Medusa on the 3DS version.

However, for moveset, Uprising would be used since that gave her more attacks, but it is awful good to see that there is still demand for her, even with people feeling like one game hogged all the attention.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That can work too, just imagine the pics she would have on the Smash website. Glaring at a smiling Pac-Nan, crossing her arms in front of the partying females (Especially Polatena), having her psychotic laughter over a dying Dark Pit, or even getting shocked at the sight of Duck Hunt's Gunman. That's the stuff of comedy there. :awesome:

She would be the Steve Blackman to everybody else's Al Snow. Everybody wins.

Looking at that poll, it makes me wonder how Medusa would qualify for contention. We can throw out Uprising being in her favor (scant appearances, usurped by new villain, and didn't make the popular polls), but what about being a retro character, in particular, a Western-based request?
This worked for Little Mac and Duck Hunt Dog, and in Medusa's case, she'd be pushed more as the 1980s antagonist that gave many people fits, but with the Uprising appearance, of course. In fact, in this scenario, I wouldn't mind there being an 8-bit themed stage for Medusa on the 3DS version.

However, for moveset, Uprising would be used since that gave her more attacks, but it is awful good to see that there is still demand for her, even with people feeling like one game hogged all the attention.
You may be on to something, especially since Medusa has more of a fandom here than Japan (even when it came to the first game).Though it depends if we can get as noisy as the Duck Hunt fans during the reign of DLC or even before Smash 6. While there may be so many Kid Icarus characters, it doesn't feel complete without her since she was the main star of the first game like Pit and Palutena. Besides, Gannypoo and Bowsa can't be the only darkness users in Smash since we've gotten more magic users lately.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Looking at that poll, it makes me wonder how Medusa would qualify for contention. We can throw out Uprising being in her favor (scant appearances, usurped by new villain, and didn't make the popular polls), but what about being a retro character, in particular, a Western-based request? This worked for Little Mac and Duck Hunt Dog, and in Medusa's case, she'd be pushed more as the 1980s antagonist that gave many people fits, but with the Uprising appearance, of course. In fact, in this scenario, I wouldn't mind there being an 8-bit themed stage for Medusa on the 3DS version.

To me, it's still a question of relevancy within the whole serie, and the fact she is tied with the heroes. After all, even her trophy is harder to get than Hades the random trophy :awesome:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
To me, it's still a question of relevancy within the whole serie, and the fact she is tied with the heroes. After all, even her trophy is harder to get than Hades the random trophy :awesome:
Medusa DLC fighter confirmed, based Sakurai! :troll:

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Medusa DLC fighter confirmed, based Sakurai! :troll:
Well, she is the reward for clearing All star in normal difficulty. It's not Hard difficulty (it unlocks Nintendouji) but it's still nice to see her not being a simple, random trophy. Plus, she is only ported KI trophy to have uptated colors (but the textures remains the same: especially the mess at the bottom of the dress). I wonder why...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well, she is the reward for clearing All star in normal difficulty. It's not Hard difficulty (it unlocks Nintendouji) but it's still nice to see her not being a simple, random trophy. Plus, she is only ported KI trophy to have updated colors (but the textures remains the same: especially the mess at the bottom of the dress). I wonder why...
Maybe Sakurai still has more of that Uprising bias coming our way, especially when he had choosing to improve the color quality of her over other Kid Icarus characters. After all, Kid Icarus representation isn't complete until the original Kid Icarus trio are all fighters (Medusa included) and he knows how much the fanbase loves their "gaming fanservice".

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Better than Dark Pit
I agree (obviously), yet I'm absolutely okay with Dark Pit, and play him more than Pit actually. That's probably because he is the clone he deserves to be, yet have a better looking side-B and I like his Final Smash (considering that my main is Zelda, is obvious why I like it). And, objectively, he took almost no development time and never "stole the slot" of someone else.

Top Bottom