• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Vote for Medusa's Homecoming Party!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
That's what you said last time. And that was a pretty great comeback. Alright, snooze it off and hey, maybe the stars'll align and someone elese'll make an uprising 2 with you playable.

And still played by Cree Summer.
But who the hell will make it if Sakurai doesn't want to do it? I would be all up for such an idea since I like her more than Hades *raises Guardian Orbitars*

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well most people like Ganondorf more than Demise, so it's not too surprising. :awesome:

But I'm really skeptical toward Kid Icarus even getting another game in the next six years. Which is mostly why it chafes my ass, because I felt and still feel like it was now or never for Medusa. And instead we get Dark Sphincter. :\

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Well most people like Ganondorf more than Demise, so it's not too surprising. :awesome:

But I'm really skeptical toward Kid Icarus even getting another game in the next six years. Which is mostly why it chafes my ***, because I felt and still feel like it was now or never for Medusa. And instead we get Dark Sphincter. :\
The yaoi fangirls and Dark Pit fans better be happy for what they've done. But yeah, the only chances we have at getting her is if they replace him in the next game since I doubt certain people would be happy with 4 playable KI reps.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The yaoi fangirls and Dark Pit fans better be happy for what they've done. But yeah, the only chances we have at getting her is if they replace him in the next game since I doubt certain people would be happy with 4 playable KI reps.
I don't think it's a "people being happy with" thing. I don't think Sakurai would actually even do that. Though maybe. :\ He is an enigma.

D

Deleted member

If Medusa is not playable, I'm convinced she still have a role (assist?). Her model is new to me, like Phosphora, while the Specknose seems imported from Uprising.
This I hope for.

Did I overreact? Maybe. But, don't you get playable character trophies by beating Classic & All-Star Modes? That's why I got upset.

Besides, even if she's an AT, I'd be cool with her having some involvment, and if DLC is a possibility, she should be a top priority for original characters.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
The hope I have is that on the leak, the All-star mode have a padlock. Sakurai said that the padlock is here until you unlock everyone. So that's good to hear.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Even if she isn't playable, a stage hazard, an assist trophy or a boss, we still have a huge advantage over brawl. Smash 4 has a brand new model for Medusa which makes stuff like this possible:

Brawl was being modded within like 1 1/2 months, which is enough time to learn the game and then we can pretty much have whoever we want as skins.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
All of Palutena's alt doesn't change the hair color. I was expecting a blonde, viridiesque Palutena. BUT NO.

Meanwhile, Robin take hair color too seriously by matching it to his actual color...
Extremes.

Marth likewise has a Roy outfit but keeps his hair blue. Wasted. Lucina at least gets into her role.

Anyway, don't totally abandon hope yet; Wario outfit after all.

Mars-

Smash Champion
The thing is Sakurai said for that ZSS outfit that it would be available on both versions, which makes me wonder if there will be any WiiU exclusive costumes since it has better graphics. Also they are possibly holding out on better costumes for DLC, if there is any.

Just trying to be optimistic, although I do remember originally saying that she would be a palette swap.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
All of Palutena's alt doesn't change the hair color. I was expecting a blonde, viridiesque Palutena. BUT NO.

Meanwhile, Robin take hair color too seriously by matching it to his actual color...
I really don't understand why there weren't more characters who changed hair color. A lot of let downs in the color department honestly. Megaman not getting a protoman, pacman not getting a ms pacman, yoshi not getting all his colors especially white, while little mac gets 16 options. Sonic colors sucking. Mario and luigi both get waluigi colors and I'm sure people will purposely pick them to be confusing.

Most of Palutena color options are just boring. I don't ever see myself using the light colored ones, the other dark ones are just decent. Think I'd only use the default and medusa color. I'd at least have done a pink one to look like the pink ripped up dress medusa wore from the original game, and maybe match up her colors to pits colors.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Here's to hoping that she replaces Dark Pit in Smash 5. :evil:
I hope so. Or just add a character. I'm glad that Dark Pit is ONLY a clone, and not a full new character. It's already too much that his FS is different (but he just copy the best character, Zelda :hap:) and that he have his own victory theme.

Also, your signature... I'm not dreaming, it's THAT centaur? (plus, Koro Sensei. Win)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Medusa has my full support for SSB5! They can cut Dark Pit in SSB5 and add Medusa as an unique newcomer... and we would still have 3 Kid Icarus reps in SSB5. :)

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I hope so. Or just add a character. I'm glad that Dark Pit is ONLY a clone, and not a full new character. It's already too much that his FS is different (but he just copy the best character, Zelda :hap:) and that he have his own victory theme.

Also, your signature... I'm not dreaming, it's THAT centaur? (plus, Koro Sensei. Win)
Hell yeah it is, best monthly manga in history. Also, nice Fran avatar btw!

Back on topic, the Queen of Darkness shall smite that pathetic black-haired yaoi bait in the future to retain her role in the KI Triforce!

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Hell yeah it is, best monthly manga in history. Also, nice Fran avatar btw!

Back on topic, the Queen of Darkness shall smite that pathetic black-haired yaoi bait in the future to retain her role in the KI Triforce!
Somehow, now I want Dark Pit to return in a hypothetical SSB5, to destroy him with Medusa.

Has she not been found yet in the game? I would think that suggests a boss for the WiiU version.
Nope, nowhere to be found, except in the vault, as a trophy ._.

Bunny8093

Smash Journeyman
I knew I was forgetting someone yesterday when I was going around saying my goodbyes... I feel terrible now. Also I forgot to put that someone in my sig... which makes me feel worse. I blame my annoying friend.
Anyways since it seems nothing has been shut down yet, (And I'm not sure they are getting shutdown still) I wanted to say that though we're sad she isn't in right now (except for a trophy) I think she definitely has a big shot to make it either as DLC or in the next Smash. With that now I have no regrets :) Hope to see you guys on better terms next time... sorry I wasn't around as much as I could've been.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Was Hades found either? Ugg, if he wasn't found does that mean he might be DLC, hence them holding off on adding a trophy until you earn it through playing him?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Was Hades found either? Ugg, if he wasn't found does that mean he might be DLC, hence them holding off on adding a trophy until you earn it through playing him?
Hades wasn't found yet.

But I don't believe trophies would hinder DLC potential. That would mean no K.Rool, Mewtwo, Wolf, Ice Climbers, Toon Zelda, ect.

Here is a little link (in french) with some trophies: https://sites.google.com/site/smashfakeleaks/

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So, as I stated in September, trophies doesn't not really deconfirm DLC (look at that Mewtwo! Nintendo know how to print money make fans happy).

And as I stated before, the Medusa trophy seems different from Uprising, texture wise at least. Thoughts on that? Scrapped character / stage hazard? :awesome:

Edit: Compared the KI Idol and the Smash trophy, the texture seems to be the same (especially this mess of pixels behind her, at the bottom of the dress), but the color is different. I don't really know what to think.

Also, with the Palutena's chats on Palutena's Temple, it seems that only Palutena, Pit and Viridi will talk (for the KI characters... There's Chrom for example).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah, that is something worth noting about Medusa. I'd love for her to have commentary in Palutena's Temple, but sadly, that's not gonna happen since A) Medusa's not "fun" and B) Medusa's voiced by an expensive talent in the West.

But... now I have hope that the Queen of the Underworld and the goddess of darkness will rise from the dead and shall smite the heavenly duo... and that annoying twerp that ill-deservingly took her spot.

So, as I stated in September, trophies doesn't not really deconfirm DLC (look at that Mewtwo! Nintendo know how to print money make fans happy).
And as I stated before, the Medusa trophy seems different from Uprising, texture wise at least. Thoughts on that? Scrapped character / stage hazard? :awesome:
Edit: Compared the KI Idol and the Smash trophy, the texture seems to be the same (especially this mess of pixels behind her, at the bottom of the dress), but the color is different. I don't really know what to think.
Yeah, there's a really ugly mass in the backside of Medusa's gown of distorted texture.

Last edited by a moderator:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yeah, that is something worth noting about Medusa. I'd love for her to have commentary in Palutena's Temple, but sadly, that's not gonna happen since A) Medusa's not "fun" and B) Medusa's voiced by an expensive talent in the West.

But... now I have hope that the Queen of the Underworld and the goddess of darkness will rise from the dead and shall smite the heavenly duo... and that annoying twerp that ill-deservingly took her spot.

Yeah, there's a really ugly mass in the backside of Medusa's gown of distorted texture.
Honestly, Medusa's "fun" could happen with commentaries by Hewdraw, Pandora and Thanatos.

And as much as Cree Summer was awesome as Medusa, I wouldn't really mind another voice actor if it means Medusa in Smash.

Burigu

Smash Ace
Glad to see speculation back in the table, sadly I don't see another Kid Icarus character anytime soon, for this game the franchise got not one but 2 new characters, yes Dark Pit is a forgetable clone but still.

The fact that Mewtwo is coming in more than 5 months tell us they are working really hard to balance the DLC characters, I don't see Medusa getting priority for DLC. If we are expecting a new character every 5 months I think we are not getting tons of DLC characters and most of them will be missing fan favorites (except Ridley LOL) and maybe some no returning veterans.

The original model for the trophy also give me little hope, maybe you don't know this but unlike Brawl most if not all of the trophies in game are original and not ripped off from another game source even Sakurai has made it clear that the trophies are original and outstanding in design despite not being playable characters.

To be honest I don't really care about the hate Kid Icarus as a series has got because of having 3 characters for a "small" series, (the hypocresy is that some consider Star Fox a big series with only 5 original games and therefore deserving even a 4th character while bashing Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem which has 13 games!), but I wouldn't mind not getting another character if that is only going to increase the undeserved rage towards this fantastic series, seriously people can be really spiteful when their expectation are not fullfilled.

About Medusa's voice actress if she somehow shows up not being voiced by Cree Summer I don't care I was shocked to learn Palutena is not voiced by Ali Hillis and Viridi is not voiced by Hynden Walch but the voices are extremely similar that I can't tell the difference, if they found actress that can mimic the originals like that I don't care if it isn't Cree kuddos to Brandy Kopp and Julie Parker by the way.

DarkDedede

Smash Journeyman
Medusa would be fun. Most likely, she'd be one of Sakurai's "free dessert." Based off of Palutena, but not an exact clone.

Aren't they originally sisters, or something?

Last edited:

Burigu

Smash Ace
Medusa would be fun. Most likely, she'd be one of Sakurai's "free dessert." Based off of Palutena, but not an exact clone.

No they never were sisters! where did you hear that? and even if she is a semiclone I would be really dissapointed, Palutena is right handed and Medusa left handed, Medusa doesn't have a shield, doesn't have a halo and Medusa using "Heavenly Light"? mmm I don't see her as a semiclone in any way.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

They just ruled over Skyworld together before Medusa was banished to the underworld.

But I highly doubt Medusa would be even remotly a semi-clone. Except for the Up-B, warp. She is much more violent, have uppercuts and claw attacks, while Palutena is the goddess of twirling baton.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Because of Sakurai and his bias, I wouldn't be surprised if he would add a 4th Kid Icarus character as DLC. If that really were to happen, then its should be Medusa since she's the epitome of a unique fighter that would be the polar opposite of Palutena. While Palutena's moves were obviously based on the powers that she had supplied to Pit in Uprising, then Medusa should have moves based on her boss fight with the addition of some Underworld reinforcements.

Last edited:
Top Bottom