• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Vote for Medusa's Homecoming Party!

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Hey guys, I've found the perfect theme song for our favorite dark queen. Especially if people don't know who she is and why she's a greater choice than a certain dark clone. :troll:
This song is maybe too appropriate.

Should I add this? :awesome:

(but "You Don't Know Me" is better)

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Medusa supporter here, she happens to be one of my top 10 most wanted newcomers for SSB.

It always seemed a case of Medusa or Palutena, what with Kid Icarus being only a 3 game series currently so 3 reps would be quite shocking at this rate, and Palutena won out in the end.

That said, I'm hopeful for the future. SSB could do with more villains and the Kid Icarus could very well become one of Nintendo's more prominent series provided it gets more new instalments. I hope it will, that Medusa will continue to feature in the series, and that by the time of the next SSB Medusa will have a strong standing to contend and win her playable spot in the next SSB.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Medusa supporter here, she happens to be one of my top 10 most wanted newcomers for SSB.
Added to the support list!

It always seemed a case of Medusa or Palutena, what with Kid Icarus being only a 3 game series currently so 3 reps would be quite shocking at this rate, and Palutena won out in the end.

That said, I'm hopeful for the future. SSB could do with more villains and the Kid Icarus could very well become one of Nintendo's more prominent series provided it gets more new instalments. I hope it will, that Medusa will continue to feature in the series, and that by the time of the next SSB Medusa will have a strong standing to contend and win her playable spot in the next SSB.
In all honesty, as a Medusa supporter, It's never been "Palutena or Medusa". Palutena always been the next logical choice after Pit.

And here, on this thread, we are confident. For Smash 4.

Although I think that Medusa is not guaranteed, the fact we know that Palutena is here doesn't work against her. If she was a secret character, THAT would hurt Medusa's chances... But if she was a secret character, we would also know about the full roster.

Kid Icarus is put on the same level as Mario, Kirby and co (see the first trailer), and get tons of content. We have stricly no news about Medusa (and Hades), and the assist trophies are lesser characters... I honestly doubt that Medusa and Hades won't get a role in this game.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769

In all honesty, as a Medusa supporter, It's never been "Palutena or Medusa". Palutena always been the next logical choice after Pit.

And here, on this thread, we are confident. For Smash 4.

Although I think that Medusa is not guaranteed, the fact we know that Palutena is here doesn't work against her. If she was a secret character, THAT would hurt Medusa's chances... But if she was a secret character, we would also know about the full roster.

Kid Icarus is put on the same level as Mario, Kirby and co (see the first trailer), and get tons of content. We have stricly no news about Medusa (and Hades), and the assist trophies are lesser characters... I honestly doubt that Medusa and Hades won't get a role in this game.
Really? I find that overly optimistic but fair enough.

I've always seen it as a case of Palutena vs. Medusa for this entry of SSB given the lack of entries within the Kid Icarus series. No 3 game series has received more than 2 characters, and no series with less than 3 games has received an additional rep. I just never felt that Kid Icarus deserved more than that, at least as the series currently stands. Then again I'd have said the same for Star Fox which has managed to get 3 reps despite only 6 games (only 5 at the time).

It seems I'm not nearly as optimistic as you on this matter. As noted, Kid Icarus already has a ton of representation as it is, does it really qualify to have even more when it already has ton of items, 2 stages, 2 playable characters, and 2 assist trophies? It just puts me ill at ease to see any one series getting such overwhelming amount of representation, particularly when it's a smaller series.

That said, if Medusa does somehow manage to be playable within this entry of SSB, I probably won't be taking any issue to that.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Really? I find that overly optimistic but fair enough.

I've always seen it as a case of Palutena vs. Medusa for this entry of SSB given the lack of entries within the Kid Icarus series. No 3 game series has received more than 2 characters, and no series with less than 3 games has received an additional rep. I just never felt that Kid Icarus deserved more than that, at least as the series currently stands. Then again I'd have said the same for Star Fox which has managed to get 3 reps despite only 6 games (only 5 at the time).

It seems I'm not nearly as optimistic as you on this matter. As noted, Kid Icarus already has a ton of representation as it is, does it really qualify to have even more when it already has ton of items, 2 stages, 2 playable characters, and 2 assist trophies? It just puts me ill at ease to see any one series getting such overwhelming amount of representation, particularly when it's a smaller series.

That said, if Medusa does somehow manage to be playable within this entry of SSB, I probably won't be taking any issue to that.
I tend to be optimistic, that's just me :)

About the stages, it's seems normal that it get a stage on both versions. We just know it, while we are waiting for other stages (I still want to know what the F-Zero stage will be, for exemple)

About the assist trophies, let's compare with Zelda and Metroid. Zelda have it's main characters playable (Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, plus Sheik and Toon Link as "bonuses") and the assist trophies are secondary, but popular characters.
In Metroid case, as there's not a lot a main characters suitable for being playable, the assist trophies we get are really big names of the serie: Mother Brain and Dark Samus, basically the main villains. There's also the serie's "mascot", the Metroid. We also know that Ridley's here, even if we don't know his role yet.
Back to Kid Icarus, we can see that the representation is more like Zelda.

With SSB4, I see Sakurai's opportunity to throw as many Kid Icarus content as possible. We don't know when will be the next game, after all. It's a bit like Kirby: we got Dedede and Metaknight at the same time.
And Medusa is last main character missing, with Hades. Medusa have a lot to bring to the crossover aspect: she is a female villain, and a classic character. It can be interesting to fight Palutena and Pit as Medusa, as much as it could be fun to team up her with Ganondorf (classic 1986 who were ugly beasts before becoming sexy villains :troll:). Finally, we can all agree that she can be a unique fighter.

D

Deleted member

You know what I realized what we'd gain the most if Medusa was a playable.

Having a bunch of Cree Summer comments, grunts, and yells to listen to in Sound Test.

I bet one of the anti-Medusa arguments may have been "Her VA's too expensive!":rolleyes:

D

Deleted member

I tend to be optimistic, that's just me :)

About the stages, it's seems normal that it get a stage on both versions. We just know it, while we are waiting for other stages (I still want to know what the F-Zero stage will be, for exemple)

About the assist trophies, let's compare with Zelda and Metroid. Zelda have it's main characters playable (Link, Zelda, Ganondorf, plus Sheik and Toon Link as "bonuses") and the assist trophies are secondary, but popular characters.
In Metroid case, as there's not a lot a main characters suitable for being playable, the assist trophies we get are really big names of the serie: Mother Brain and Dark Samus, basically the main villains. There's also the serie's "mascot", the Metroid. We also know that Ridley's here, even if we don't know his role yet.
Back to Kid Icarus, we can see that the representation is more like Zelda.

With SSB4, I see Sakurai's opportunity to throw as many Kid Icarus content as possible. We don't know when will be the next game, after all. It's a bit like Kirby: we got Dedede and Metaknight at the same time.
And Medusa is last main character missing, with Hades. Medusa have a lot to bring to the crossover aspect: she is a female villain, and a classic character. It can be interesting to fight Palutena and Pit as Medusa, as much as it could be fun to team up her with Ganondorf (classic 1986 who were ugly beasts before becoming sexy villains :troll:). Finally, we can all agree that she can be a unique fighter.
Also, I think Medusa (yeah this is an old argument) has better traction than Hades since she's a female, she's a villain (she'd be the only villainous female), she's from the olden days, and she has a rivalry with Pit and Palutena like Ganondorf has with Link and Zelda.

I'd love to see what Medusa can do as a fighter with her abilities. We haven't really fleshed out her moveset since, you know, it's hard to think of one for somebody who just stands there and shoots fireballs for the most part. Of course, that's where creativity can come in, and I see her as an offensive-based fighter who can utilize status ailments and odd recovery moves.

And I'd be getting her Amiibo figurine, too.

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769
Also, I think Medusa (yeah this is an old argument) has better traction than Hades since she's a female, she's a villain (she'd be the only villainous female), she's from the olden days, and she has a rivalry with Pit and Palutena like Ganondorf has with Link and Zelda.

I'd love to see what Medusa can do as a fighter with her abilities. We haven't really fleshed out her moveset since, you know, it's hard to think of one for somebody who just stands there and shoots fireballs for the most part. Of course, that's where creativity can come in, and I see her as an offensive-based fighter who can utilize status ailments and odd recovery moves.

I can see how she'd fight. I imagine her as a fighter with an emphasis on distance and keeping foes away from her, with attacks to stop opponents and attacks to push opponents away. As for a particularly unique move, I've always imagined her down special involving her head coming off, allowing you to control the head and fire lasers with it, though at the risk of having the body stationary and defenceless.

If given a bit more time I'm sure I could flesh out a more detailed move-set and unique aspects for her if you'd want me to. Also, I'd get her Amiibo figure as well... admittedly I plan on getting all the Amiibo figures but she'd definitely be one of the ones I try to get earlier than the rest.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
My Hopes were that with the most unique and deserving "Dark" Character out there, Dark Samus, confirmed as an Assist Trophy, the requests for Dark Characters would end.

Needless to say, I was Wrong.

No matter HOW Unique Dark Pit can be made, he's just so BORING....

I Fully Support Medusa. Consider Me "One of You".

If ssb was made by any other developer I would give Medusa a 0%chance. But with Sakurai around I wouldnt be too surprised if Medusa/Hades appears as a secret character. While my opinion on KI representation is a little low (even though KI:Uprising is my favorite game of all time. . .) I would gladly support Medusa over many other characters including Hades.

but not Viridi totally wanted her to get Alfonzo'd I'm sorry

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

I can see how she'd fight. I imagine her as a fighter with an emphasis on distance and keeping foes away from her, with attacks to stop opponents and attacks to push opponents away. As for a particularly unique move, I've always imagined her down special involving her head coming off, allowing you to control the head and fire lasers with it, though at the risk of having the body stationary and defenceless.

If given a bit more time I'm sure I could flesh out a more detailed move-set and unique aspects for her if you'd want me to.
There's still various movesets in the opening posts, if you want some ideas!

Also, I'd get her Amiibo figure as well... admittedly I plan on getting all the Amiibo figures but she'd definitely be one of the ones I try to get earlier than the rest.
... THAT'S ANOTHER REASON WHY WE NEED HER. Damn, I always forget Amiibos...

My Hopes were that with the most unique and deserving "Dark" Character out there, Dark Samus, confirmed as an Assist Trophy, the requests for Dark Characters would end.

Needless to say, I was Wrong.

No matter HOW Unique Dark Pit can be made, he's just so BORING....

I Fully Support Medusa. Consider Me "One of You".

If ssb was made by any other developer I would give Medusa a 0%chance. But with Sakurai around I wouldnt be too surprised if Medusa/Hades appears as a secret character. While my opinion on KI representation is a little low (even though KI:Uprising is my favorite game of all time. . .) I would gladly support Medusa over many other characters including Hades.
Addeed to the Underworld army!

but not Viridi totally wanted her to get Alfonzo'd I'm sorry
It's ok, Smash need moar lolis :awesome:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yeeeah even Palutena would probably be iffy from any other developer, let alone all of the items and attention the characters have gotten. But the fact that it's Sakurai and we've seen what he is willing to do with series he is involved in makes everything better. :p

Souldin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Souldin
3DS FC
4854-6557-6769

Medusa is...
TOO FREAKING BIG!!!!
I also happen to be a Ridley supporter here so I'm more than happy to say that size is an inconsequentional matter given the nature of SSB series and how much leniancy they've taken with including characters; including the changing of sizes. Furthermore the matter of Medusa's size is addressed on the 1st page of this thread;

""Who are you calling huge, you insignificant little thing?"
It's clearly seen through the game that Gods have various size. Palutena appears both gigantic and normal sized, why other gods couldn't do the same?
Also, Pit defeated Medusa in the first game. Yet he is surprised of Medusa's size through the whole battle in Uprising.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master

Medusa is...
TOO FREAKING BIG!!!!
I'll just quote someone who quote my opening post :p

""Who are you calling huge, you insignificant little thing?"
It's clearly seen through the game that Gods have various size. Palutena appears both gigantic and normal sized, why other gods couldn't do the same?
Also, Pit defeated Medusa in the first game. Yet he is surprised of Medusa's size through the whole battle in Uprising.

Eternium

Smash Rookie
Add me to the supporters. I don't see her standing much of a chance for SSB4, but the more we try and hype her up, the more visibility she gets and the better her chances are in the future.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Haha xD I was only kidding guys.
Man you make a huge fuss out of things...anyways, add me as a supporter. I've adored both Pit and Medusa in Uprising and I'd be perfectly happy to see her back here as the villain rep. :)

majora_787

Smash Hero
In before someone goes off about uh. What is it people made up for Ridley? System limitations? Even though when Medusa is fought as a monster in KI NES she is way bigger than her normal-sized humanoid form? :p

The only thing too big about Medusa is her sideboob.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
In before someone goes off about uh. What is it people made up for Ridley? System limitations? Even though when Medusa is fought as a monster in KI NES she is way bigger than her normal-sized humanoid form? :p

*insert Peter Griffin's "Sideboob Hour" here*

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Add me to the supporters. I don't see her standing much of a chance for SSB4, but the more we try and hype her up, the more visibility she gets and the better her chances are in the future.
Haha xD I was only kidding guys.
Man you make a huge fuss out of things...anyways, add me as a supporter. I've adored both Pit and Medusa in Uprising and I'd be perfectly happy to see her back here as the villain rep. :)
Well, we are just here to defend our point of view :p
Added both of you.

I can't even recall the last time we did that joke.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Medusa is now my #1 most wanted Kid Icarus newcomer for SSB5 (since Palutena is in and Dark Pit probably will get in as a filler clone).

majora_787

Smash Hero
We've got at most 38 days left before we know the final roster. And come the time I start attending classes again it'll be down to only 17 days. Man, it's coming up fast.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm away for a week and there's no sideboob joke? Guys pls.

I was wondering... In a month, we will know about the full roster. But how are we going to handle spoilers on the support threads?

D

Deleted member

I'm away for a week and there's no sideboob joke? Guys pls.

I was wondering... In a month, we will know about the full roster. But how are we going to handle spoilers on the support threads?
Well, it gets all lonely and quiet around these parts whenever a character that isn't Ridley, K. Rool, or Bandana Dee has a thread. At least the Isaac thread has kept me warm.

As for the spoilers... hmm... I'm sure most users will be complacent and respectable and have something like "WARNING! CONFIRMED CHARACTER! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!", but it is gonna be tricky when you know some people are just going to gush if their favorite character made it... or gripe if somebody they wanted didn't.

Buci01

Smash Journeyman
I was gone for weeks, and now I am back: Obligatory Medusa appreciation post.

Also I want to have a Medusa Amiibo. Those details would be amazeballs

And to again point out, every god in Kid Icarus has the ability of astral projection (as does Rosalina) and of size manipulation.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Whilst I'm one of the few who didn't sing Uprising's praises, I did play(and repeatedly get my butt kicked) by Medusa's forces when I was a kiddy, so I feel it only right to throw in some appreciation for the only other KI character I'd want.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Whilst I'm one of the few who didn't sing Uprising's praises, I did play(and repeatedly get my butt kicked) by Medusa's forces when I was a kiddy, so I feel it only right to throw in some appreciation for the only other KI character I'd want.

I'm not a Kid Icarus fan, but the idea of Medusa being in sounds appealing to me.
Should I add you as well?

I was gone for weeks, and now I am back: Obligatory Medusa appreciation post.

Also I want to have a Medusa Amiibo. Those details would be amazeballs
Amiibos are one of the many good reasons to want Medusa! :awesome:

Gooper Blooper

Smash Apprentice
I want to be a supporter!!! Any villain is a good addition in my book. Especially a female one which isn't something we have a whole lot of.

Also I don't really think anyone is still making the TOO BIG argument but since Olimar is only an inch tall....

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Still supporting Medusa, unlikely as she might be with all the KI content that's already in the game and Palutena being the KI newcomer.

If she's not playable this time around, I'd at least hope for an AT of her.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Medusa was actually Palutena's size in Kid Icarus Classic, and Palutena was Medusa's size in Medusa's Revenge. So I mean I am pretty sure they can be however big they want. So the too big argument really can't be made at all.

AnoA

Smash Cadet
Ok so!

Confirmed Chars

Pit: Veteran playable character

Palutena: New Playable character

Dark Pit: ? (Pit's alt/ New char, Lucina type)

Magnus: Assist Trophy

Phosphora: ? (Assist Trophy)

Veridi: Stage Character/ Hazard

....................................................................................

Unconfirmed Chars (my guesses)

Medusa: New Playable Character

Ares: Stage Boss

.....................................................................................

One can dream, right?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Ever notice that Medusa has yet to be shown at all?

She should be guaranteed to appear in this game after all she is the most iconic antagonist of the Kid Icarus series.

I think Hades should be a stage boss, and while your fighting him, well he talks and everybody loves to listen to Hades's dialog.

I think Craigalanche could be a potential stage boss too considering the 3ds stage is the level we fight Craigalanche in.

Dark Pit has to be a alternative costume, I think it would be a waste of space to give him his own character spot, its kind of the same thing as adding Shadow Link, however I wouldn't be surprised if for some reason Kid Icarus jumped to 4 characters adding Medusa and Dark Pit especially after what Sakurai did with adding Lucina, its a possibility, but for now I like to think that Dark Pit is probably intended to be a costume for Pit.

Ever since Palutena was added I thought ok we have a new Kid Icarus character, but now I'm thinking we could see more and perhaps Medusa is one of them.

Top Bottom