• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Queen of the Underworld: Vote for Medusa's Homecoming Party!

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
She shares the same name but is otherwise simply based off the character Medusa. That's like not thinking Mario should happen because you know an actual plumber named Mario. Not exactly the best reason.
...what? she shares the same name but otherwise simply is based on the character she shares the name with?
So she in fact does draw quite a bit indeed on her then. What does the 'just' in this quotation mean?

It is evident that if there is another Kid Icarus rep it should be Medusa, but why should there be a third rep already?

majora_787

Smash Hero
...what? she shares the same name but otherwise simply is based on the character she shares the name with?
So she in fact does draw quite a bit indeed on her then. What does the 'just' in this quotation mean?

It is evident that if there is another Kid Icarus rep it should be Medusa, but why should there be a third rep already?
:\ If you missed the point the first time you're not going to get it if I re-explain it.

And the entire thing is, Kid Icarus has received an absurd amount of attention from this game. Why "should" Kid Icarus get a rep is obviously a thing that can only be answered by an opinion of some kind. Why it "would" get a rep is because Kid Icarus is getting absurd amounts of content and is on a fast track toward being Kirby'd, a thing which we can't really rule out unless it doesn't happen.

EDIT: E3 functions as the June direct for all intents and purposes. We got Smash news in June, August, October, and December of 2013 and February, April, and June of 2014. Since the game isn't out anywhere yet in August it would be pretty easy to see an August direct happening.

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
:\ If you missed the point the first time you're not going to get it if I re-explain it.
I suppose I thought the point was to explain your point of view on a support thread for a character.

And the entire thing is, Kid Icarus has received an absurd amount of attention from this game. Why "should" Kid Icarus get a rep is obviously a thing that can only be answered by an opinion of some kind. Why it "would" get a rep is because Kid Icarus is getting absurd amounts of content and is on a fast track toward being Kirby'd, a thing which we can't really rule out unless it doesn't happen.
Yet one new game does not make it kirby-fiable.
One new game.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
And yet, Kid Icarus is presented as important as Mario, Zelda, Kirby and co. In the smash universe at least.
Er... not quite as important.
Hence why I think it will not get another character.
Overkill.
Not this game.
I'm sure he will add Medusa later on.

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Er... not quite as important.
Hence why I think it will not get another character.
Overkill.
Not this game.
I'm sure he will add Medusa later on.
If we go by the 1st trailer, Kid Icarus is now part of the "Big 8" of Smash, replacing Yoshi.

It's also getting as much items and Smash Run enemies as Mario and Zelda.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
If we go by the 1st trailer, Kid Icarus is now part of the "Big 8" of Smash, replacing Yoshi.

Yes; But what does being part of the big eight mean?
Waiting four games to get a third rep? Disappointments about your villain?

I think Sakurai is prepping us for a future game, truly. Just like with Waluigi's symbol, and a few other tidbits.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

If you go by that logic, DK should be getting two more characters in this game. Most popular franchise with less than three characters. Should've had a second character in Melee and a third in Brawl based on popularity alone. Kid Icarus has only been in one other game, DK has been around since the start.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, except for DK and Metroid (and KI of course), only the "Big 8" franchises have 3 or more characters. And according to fans, DK and Metroid clearly deserves the 3rd character.

I can only see Fire Emblem breaking that "rule" (I think that's there no real rules, by the way).

We're not saying "A third KI rep WILL happen", it's just that the way the serie is represented makes a third character plausible, believable to me.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Well, except for DK and Metroid (and KI of course), only the "Big 8" franchises have 3 or more characters. And according to fans, DK and Metroid clearly deserves the 3rd character.

I can only see Fire Emblem breaking that "rule" (I think that's there no real rules, by the way).

We're not saying "A third KI rep WILL happen", it's just that the way the serie is represented makes a third character plausible, believable to me.
And it's been said before. Sakurai had said he did not plan to make more Kid Icarus games. He revived the series to put it out there for others to add to. So with Kid Icarus, it either gets this attention now, or stays on the representation it got in Brawl (one character, no content whatsoever past that except for a couple of stickers) because it's not like it will be more relevant in six years than it is now, probably.

majorasmaskfan

Smash Journeyman
Have we accepted that if medusa or some other ki rep is in that they are not getting revealed until the Japanese spoil everything for us, im pretty sure the final characters revealed in august will be metriod or dk related.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Have we accepted that if medusa or some other ki rep is in that they are not getting revealed until the Japanese spoil everything for us, im pretty sure the final characters revealed in august will be metriod or dk related.
Most likely going to turn out that way, yeah.

If we got any more characters from Kid Icarus, Metroid, DK, Fire Emblem, or whatever, they'd probably all be saved for post-release. Which is fine.

Mars-

Smash Champion
Three weeks isn't that long, plus at least we get to see the final game, and I'm sure a lot of people will be importing the game so we will have access anyway.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Three weeks isn't that long, plus at least we get to see the final game, and I'm sure a lot of people will be importing the game so we will have access anyway.
Probably. Though I doubt the imports will be the early copies. Who can say, though.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It's actually a pretty long time if you specifically do not want it ruined.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Add me to the supporters list. She's my most wanted villain and KI character. There's still the chance that we end up with 3 KI reps and adding Medusa completes the trinity.

Last edited:

majora_787

Smash Hero
Sadly there's not a whole lot to say at this point. I guess we'll just have to sit tight for... What. 60-some days before the roster gets leaked?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
So... We'll get a 3 minute newcommer trailer Monday. Palutena's trailer was 3 minutes long and ended with a cliffhanger.

Arlon confirmed :troll:

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Arlon confirmed :troll:
O.O I followed you all the way up to the Arlon part. There was no "delightful sneeze, proof of a strong spirit" in the trailer, so I dont even think he'd get an assist trophy, sadly

But yea, add me to the supporters list, I love Ki:U, and Id love to have Medusa.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Obviously, the Arlon part was just trolling (if the trollface wasn't obvious enough :troll:) In fact, I would one the first people surprised to see another KI trailer so soon.

By the way, welcome into the Underworld Army!

FyrianFate

Smash Apprentice
Obviously, the Arlon part was just trolling (if the trollface wasn't obvious enough :troll:) In fact, I would one the first people surprised to see another KI trailer so soon.

By the way, welcome into the Underworld Army!
Oh no, I completely understood the trolling part, I was just playing around with formalities.

But thanks^^

AncientTobacco

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, I think the recent trailer actually works against Medusa. It seems that if a series gets more than one newcomer, they'll get revealed in the same video.

Unless she's being saved for some kind of a villain trailer.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, despite being a newcommer, Lucina is acknowledge as a clone, and seems to be treated a little bit differently (mainly, she have a small slot on the official website).

Also, similar to Charizard, there's was no suspense about her. Trailer? BAM character. While Greninja and Robin both had that "who is it?" feel.

But a villain trailer would be cool. Especially with all the complaints "there's not enough villains".

Mars-

Smash Champion
Unfortunately, I think the recent trailer actually works against Medusa. It seems that if a series gets more than one newcomer, they'll get revealed in the same video.

Unless she's being saved for some kind of a villain trailer.
How are you going to base that off of one trailer? Stop making arbitrary rules.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Lol. The only thing I think the Robin trailer hurts in regards to Kid Icarus is Dark Pit being a separate character. Lucina is basically a skin in all but name, Dark Pit is literally just a clone of Pit. Dark Pit never had an introduction in the Palutena trailer and wasn't announced as playable. Lucina was announced as playable. If the trailer does anything for Medusa, it helps her as it means we can get two characters for a franchise in this game.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yep, I think that if Dark Pit was a clone a la Lucina, he probably would have helped Pit at the beginning of the trailer (trolling once again Palutena as she appears at the very beginning), and have his name with a catchphrase like everyone else.

Now, he is tease more like how the Yellow Devil was teased.

Mars-

Smash Champion
We won't. If we did, both would mostlikely be semiclones due to lack of development time.
Lack of development time? Where are you getting this from? If they picked all the characters in the beginning of development, and set a release date based on an estimated time frame, there should not be a "lack of development time." Are all characters beyond this point going to be clones because of a "lack of development time" lol? Stop making dumb assumption.

Also interesting picture, what is the falcon on the left?

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Lack of development time? Where are you getting this from? If they picked all the characters in the beginning of development, and set a release date based on an estimated time frame, there should not be a "lack of development time." Are all characters beyond this point going to be clones because of a "lack of development time" lol? Stop making dumb assumption.

It probably confirms the Metal Box as an item again.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace

That's falcon with the metal box, and falcon with an alt color palette.

Top Bottom