• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North OcS @ CE Smash #18 WiiU/Melee/PM Singles/2v2 Tourny - Brick, NJ

OcS @ CE Smash #18 WiiU/Melee/PM Singles/2v2 Tourny - Brick, NJ
Posted by Conti
Close Encounters Games
Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 12:00 PM
Until: Sunday, March 26, 2017 - 10:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)
Categories

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Conti

Smash Ace
Please RSVP :) {For Updates/Logistics - Click if ur almost positive you will be here please}

Hey, Conti from Ocean County Smash - OcS / (Join the Group Ocean County Smash Community for more info on local events!)

For all OcS Events/Different Venues Checkout: www.facebook.com/OceanCountySmash/Events

This Event Is Event#17 - February 28th , 2017.

For Setups I have 5 CRTs now, 3Wiis for PM/Melee & a GC
2x WiiU FullSetup+Stream for both games

WiiU Setups are very important for you guys to bring in, i wish i owned multiple setups but i simply cannot afford it at the time :/

Discounts for WiiUs will be Awarded at the end of the Event if we needed it for the day, Come see conti before you leave.
Full Setup (WiiU + GC Adapter + HDTV) = $3
WiiU + GC Adapter = $1 off
HDTV / Gaming Monitor = $2 off
CRT = $1 off
Wii/GC = $1 off

Discounts will be awarded if we Need the setup.

***Tourny Info***
***Address***
Venue: Close Encounters!

2950 yorktowne Blvd,
Brick, NJ, 08723

NEW VENUE, RIGHT DOWN THE STREET FROM OLD CE!

*Times*
Sunday Nov. 27th, 2016 @ 12:00Pm at CE's new Venue!
If you are helping me setup. Come by around 12:00pm, Thanks much!

Venue Starts at 12:00pm

Registration Starts at 1:00pm-ish Goes til Brackets Start per game.
Smash Melee 2v2s Starts at 3:00pm
Super Smash Bros.WiiU 2v2s Starts at 4:00pm
Smash Project M Singles Starts at 5:30pm
Super Smash Bros. WiiU Singles Starts at 6:30pm
Smash Melee Singles Starts at 7:00pm-ish [maybe 7:30 if its a hype event]
Venue Ends at 10-11ish pm.

~Smash Venue Fees~
$10 Smash Venue (Tournaments/Friendlies/ect)
Free to Spectate

~Tournament Fees~
$5 Per Person Smash WiiU Doubles
$5 Per Person Melee Doubles
$10 - SmashWiiU 1v1s
$10 - Project M 1v1s
$10 - Melee 1v1s

Payout will be legit as always!
(50/25/15/10) 32 or More!
(60/30/10) 10 or More Entrants
(65/35) 6 to 9 Entrants (under 10 entrants is rare tho)
(Winner Take All!) 5 or Less Entrants [Will be Round Robin]

Challonge: ocs.challonge.com
Twitch: Twitch.tv/MasterHandGaming

Rulesets are legit and Posted below :]
See you guys there!

SUPER SMASH BROS - OcS RULESET V2 [being updated before this event!]
~WiiU Ruleset~
South NJ - Smash WiiUs Standard Ruleset!

*** Neutral Stages***
Smashville
BattleField
FinalDestination
Town and City
DreamLand

** CounterPick [1Ban]**
Lylat Cruise
Duck Hunt
Omega Stages (If FD Banned these are banned aswell)

Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
You may not play on a stage that is not on the available stages list. This will result in a double disqualification.
Maximum allowed time between games is 60 seconds. Any player violating this rule will be issued a loss.
There will be no loading anything on to the consoles from a Nintendo portable gaming system.
Allowed controllers: WiiU Pro Controller, WiiMote, 3DS & GameCube Controller [No Gamepads]

****SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE***
Game version: US Nintendo GameCube
Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games
**Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
**Counter-pick stages: Pokemon Stadium.
Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
Winning player is not locked into the same character for the next match, but has to pick before loser selects character.
Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans. You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

****OcS PM Ruleset****
Project:M is 4Stocks, 8 Mins.
OcS P:M Stage List
- PM Starter Stages
Smashville
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Story [Singles only]
Lylat Cruise [Doubles only]

- PM Counterpick Stages (3 bans)
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Yoshi's Island
Warioware
Distant Planet
Delphino's Secret
Fountain of Dreams

Smashboards Smash 64 Ruleset [For when we do 64]

General Rules
Game Settings: 5 Stocks, Best of 3 Games. Best of 5 Games for: Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, Losers Semis, Losers Finals and Grand Finals
Items are disabled.
Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
Accidental pausing results in a loss of the current stock and a restart of the match at the resulting stock counts. The opponent can choose to forego the restart
Players may request that Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) not be used if Congo Jungle is the stage. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a color change if neither player have taken damage. * Alternate or custom controllers/adapters such as a keyboard, Gamecube controller or a Hori Mini Pad are allowed. Players suspected of using turbo functions or other macros are subject to immediate disqualification.

Stage List

Neutral Stages
Dream Land (First match is always Dream Land)

Counter-Pick Stages
Congo Jungle
Peach's Castle

Match Procedure: Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
The players play the first match of the set on Dream Land.
The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match from either the Neutral or Counter-Pick list. They cannot pick a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
The next match is played
Repeat Steps 3 through 7 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

iNSOMNIACssbm

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shadowsoul7
Hey, don't know if you know him/are him, but can you contact OCSWolftree to let him know he spelled my tag wrong on the Coastal Waveshine 4 YouTube videos? It's iNSOMNIAC, not iMSONIAC... BTW, can't wait to be there. :)

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
Hey, don't know if you know him/are him, but can you contact OCSWolftree to let him know he spelled my tag wrong on the Coastal Waveshine 4 YouTube videos? It's iNSOMNIAC, not iMSONIAC... BTW, can't wait to be there. :)
I know him and just let him know :] He'll fix it for ya ^_^

Anyways This is in about 10days, Lookin like a decent turnout so far on FB. We are going to need extra Gamecube adapters to run the 3v3 Event so please let me know if you can bring em in [like 2 would be really good so we can have 2 3v3 setups]
Lemme know :D
Thanks much and see you guys there!

iNSOMNIACssbm

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shadowsoul7

Anyways This is in about 10days, Lookin like a decent turnout so far on FB. We are going to need extra Gamecube adapters to run the 3v3 Event so please let me know if you can bring em in [like 2 would be really good so we can have 2 3v3 setups]
thanks man!

ThundrDome

Smash Rookie
Hello! Because it's legit ruleset I'm assuming that wireless controllers are banned, but I just wanted to clarify for some buddies I know.

iNSOMNIACssbm

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shadowsoul7
I don't run the tournament, but even at SKTAR4, they allowed it... I would bring wireless and wired just in case... Btw, I'll see you guys there hopefully! You will probably recognize me as the youngest dude there... Even so, I made it to the end of my pool at SKTAR...

iNSOMNIACssbm

Smash Cadet
NNID
Shadowsoul7

I'll be happy to bring my GC adapter... Also, this will also be uploaded to YouTube, correct?

sbg

Smash Rookie
i wont be able to attend this event, but I do plan to go to future tournaments. just so i know in advanced, what is the usual rule set for these events?

Conti

Smash Ace
***NOTE*** This is tomorrow and the OP had an outdated version of the schedule -.-
Here's tomorrows schedule:

*Times*
Sunday October 18th, 2015 @ 12:00Pm at CE
Super Smash Bros.WiiU 3v3s Starts at 2:00pm
Smash Project M Singles Starts at 4:30pm
Super Smash Bros. WiiU Singles Starts at 5:30pm
Smash Melee Singles Starts at 6:00pm-ish [maybe 6:30 if its a hype event]
Venue Ends at 9-11ish pm.
~Smash Venue Fees~
$10 Smash Venue (Tournaments/Friendlies/ect)
Free to Spectate
~Tournament Fees~
$5 Per Person Smash WiiU 3v3s
$5 Per Person Melee Doubles
$10 - SmashWiiU 1v1s
$10 - Project M 1v1s
$10 - Melee 1v1s

I'll be happy to bring my GC adapter... Also, this will also be uploaded to YouTube, correct?
Yes Streamed on twitch.tv/contibeastmode and uploaded to youtube.com/contibeastmode

i wont be able to attend this event, but I do plan to go to future tournaments. just so i know in advanced, what is the usual rule set for these events?
awe no problemo. here u go dude ^_^

SUPER SMASH BROS - OcS RULESET V2
~WiiU Ruleset~
Game version: US Nintendo WiiU
Game Settings: 3 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Customs/Equipment Off, 2/3 Games [Or 2Stock 6Mins if not enough Setups / too many people to finish in time]
Amiibo’s are banned.
Order of events: Pick characters, then stage striking
Custom moves are off. Mii's Are legal only with 1-1-1-1.

*** Neutral Stages***
Smashville
BattleField
FinalDestination
Town and City
DreamLand

** CounterPick [1Ban]**
Lylat Cruise
Duck Hunt
Omega Stages (If FD Banned these are banned aswell)

You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.
You may not play on a stage that is not on the available stages list. This will result in a double disqualification.
Maximum allowed time between games is 60 seconds. Any player violating this rule will be issued a loss.
There will be no loading anything on to the consoles from a Nintendo portable gaming system.
Allowed controllers: WiiU Pro Controller, WiiMote, 3DS & GameCube Controller [No Gamepads]

****SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE***
Game version: US Nintendo GameCube
Game Settings: 4 Stock, 8 Minute Time Limit, No Items, Pause Disabled, 2/3 Games
**Starter stages: Yoshi’s Story, Fountain of Dreams, Final Destination, Battlefield, Dream Land.
**Counter-pick stages: Pokemon Stadium.
Wobbling is legal. Freezing and infinite stalling are not legal.
First stage is decided by banning from the Starter Stages in P1-P2-P2-P1 order.
Following stages decided by winner banning one stage from all stages and then loser choosing.
Any matches that are best of five, there are no stage bans. You may not choose a stage you have already won on unless mutually agreed to.

****OcS PM Ruleset****
Project:M is 4Stocks, 8 Mins.
OcS P:M Stage List
- PM Starter Stages
Smashville
Battlefield
Pokemon Stadium 2
Green Hill Zone
Yoshi's Story [Singles only]
Lylat Cruise [Doubles only]

- PM Counterpick Stages (3 bans)
Final Destination
Dream Land 64
Yoshi's Island
Warioware
Distant Planet
Delphino's Secret
Fountain of Dreams

Smashboards Smash 64 Ruleset [For when we do 64]

General Rules
Game Settings: 5 Stocks, Best of 3 Games. Best of 5 Games for: Winners Semis, Winners Finals, Losers Quarters, Losers Semis, Losers Finals and Grand Finals
Items are disabled.
Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it.
Accidental pausing results in a loss of the current stock and a restart of the match at the resulting stock counts. The opponent can choose to forego the restart
Players may request that Black DK (Right-C), Dark Samus (Down-C) and Dark Falcon (Right-C) not be used if Congo Jungle is the stage. The opposing player may reset the match without penalty if they wish for a color change if neither player have taken damage. * Alternate or custom controllers/adapters such as a keyboard, Gamecube controller or a Hori Mini Pad are allowed. Players suspected of using turbo functions or other macros are subject to immediate disqualification.

Stage List

Neutral Stages
Dream Land (First match is always Dream Land)

Counter-Pick Stages
Congo Jungle
Peach's Castle

Match Procedure: Players select their characters. Either player may choose to Blind Pick. In this case, each player secretly tells a third player their character before picking with the third player verifying their selections.
The players play the first match of the set on Dream Land.
The Losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match from either the Neutral or Counter-Pick list. They cannot pick a stage they've already won on during this set, unless agreed.
The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding match may change their controller port.
The next match is played
Repeat Steps 3 through 7 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

*OcS WiiU 3v3 Ruleset*

3Stock, 7Min, Team Attack On, Customs Off, Mii's with 1-1-1-1s and the usual competitive settings [no items/life stealing allowed/ect ect]

**Starter Stages**
Pyrosphere
Smashville
Pokémon Stadium 2
Town & City
Battlefield

**Counterpick Stages: 2 bans **
Big Battlefield
Norfair
Duck Hunt
Any of the Omega Stages

sbg

Smash Rookie
thanks a lot! Also all ages are welcomed to participate in the tournamnets right? other than that, hope to attend one of the upcoming tournaments in the near future.

Last edited:

ThundrDome

Smash Rookie
I'm really digging the Wii U stagelist, and I think it's gonna be really interesting to play 3 stocks! Really excited to compete. :D

Conti

Smash Ace
thanks a lot! Also all ages are welcomed to participate in the tournamnets right? other than that, hope to attend one of the upcoming tournaments in the near future.
Yeah it's for all ages, ive seen some younger kids come and do some serious work, and highschool/college kids mainly come out aswell ^_^

I'm really digging the Wii U stagelist, and I think it's gonna be really interesting to play 3 stocks! Really excited to compete. :D
Yeah Our Scene Likes 3Stock so I always try to run 3stock [unless not enough setups and alot of people].
Look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow :D

Conti

Smash Ace
Hello! Because it's legit ruleset I'm assuming that wireless controllers are banned, but I just wanted to clarify for some buddies I know.
I don't know how I missed this Post. That's probabley the one hole in my Rules, You can use anything but the Gamepad at my events [and even sometimes i let like a person with that slide if they super casual haha]. But really please dont play the gamepad xD
Edit: Lookin back in the post, I did actually include it in there, just realized. Right in the WiiU singles section ^_^

Turnouts looking like 25-40+ People, Looking like a good day. See you guys there!

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
So 3v3s have been so successful at this venue I had to move it to Shiver Me Smashers Venue instead. We had 6 Teams the 1st try, and 10 Teams the 2nd [it was my biggest tournament with 58 in the Venue]. It got a little cramped for CE so i decided to Add 3v3s to SMS and Replace 3v3s at CE with 2v2s since we haven't had doubles in a while and Nova Smash isn't ready yet.

Definitely check out Shiver Me Smashers if you havent! It's a much bigger venue [and slightly better because it has the restraunt/go-karts n stuff] and now has WiiU 3v3s as a staple event!
Here's the thread link! http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-...e-wiiu-pm-berkeley-township-nj.417560/?id=407

Here's the FB Event Page to SMS11: https://www.facebook.com/events/497565713755155/

And yeah this event is now Nov 15th! See you guys there, here's this events FB link!
Please RSVP xD [i always seem to get wayy more then rsvp says]
https://www.facebook.com/events/1480363148960411/

Conti

Smash Ace
Definitely looking like another 30-40+ Turnout. Who knows, i said that last time and 58 people came xD
We need a few more wiiu setups, Definitely bring them in if you can! See you guys tomorrow!

pkspaceace

Smash Rookie
Yo. If I'm able to come, can I please use gamepad? Does it put the player at an advantage? I don't have a GameCube controller and I am so used to gamepad as it Is really easy.

Conti

Smash Ace
CE Smash is Tomorrow, Sunday Feb 7th

We Still only have 3 confirmed WiiU Setups, Also 4 CRTs [but 5 systems], If someone could bring a WiiU Fullsetup or a CRT for Melee/PM that'd be appreciated. Please let me know. CE keeps surprising me with hype turnouts [49 and 58 total at last two events] so let's see what happens tomorrow!

- See ya there!
https://www.facebook.com/events/970697356357015/

Last edited:

smash4greg

Smash Rookie
Please RSVP :) {For Updates/Logistics - Click if ur almost positive you will be here please}
:4luigi:Hello, how you doing. I will most likely be attending the Smash 4 Wii U Singles bracket. I will most likely be spectating the entirety of the even., however. I can bring a Wii U plus GC adapter. Just a question, if I want to participate is it separate fees to enter the venue and then participate? Or if you're competing it's just 1 overall 10 dollar cost?

Conti

Smash Ace
:4luigi:Hello, how you doing. I will most likely be attending the Smash 4 Wii U Singles bracket. I will most likely be spectating the entirety of the even., however. I can bring a Wii U plus GC adapter. Just a question, if I want to participate is it separate fees to enter the venue and then participate? Or if you're competing it's just 1 overall 10 dollar cost?
Hey there :D
Just so you know how it works. If you plan to Enter the Tournament or Play Friendlies you have to pay the venue fee to cover that. Spectating is Free but only counts if you are at the event specificly to watch the event and not play. [Reason it's this way is because I do alot of stuff with bringing in equiptment and getting everything going for every1, ontop of renting out the banquet room to the venue at sms or being at ce/nova]. So in this instance since you said you are trying to enter the WiiU Bracket you would have to pay the $10 Venue Fee [Covers you being there for Smash], and $10 Tournament Entry [All money goes to prize pool for top placers] which = $20 Total [+ extra if you want to enter multiple events]. Hope this clears things up for you :]

If you have any other questions please let me know :D

Also just so you know I have a new Venue #SmashBucks, it's not on smashboards yet but will be March 4th with $5 Venue, $5 Entry fee [a more practice and hangout based event]
There's also a Shiver Me Smashers event this weekend.

Here's the FB Links:
Next SMS: Feb21: https://www.facebook.com/events/1552511185063677/
Next #SmashBucks : March 4th: https://www.facebook.com/events/1021520767886112/

Last edited:

Rosalinas_Gamer33

Smash Rookie
Just so you know how it works. If you plan to Enter the Tournament or Play Friendlies you have to pay the venue fee to cover that. Spectating is Free but only counts if you are at the event specificly to watch the event and not play. [Reason it's this way is because I do alot of stuff with bringing in equiptment and getting everything going for every1, ontop of renting out the banquet room to the venue at sms or being at ce/nova]. So in this instance since you said you are trying to enter the WiiU Bracket you would have to pay the $10 Venue Fee [Covers you being there for Smash], and $10 Tournament Entry [All money goes to prize pool for top placers] which = $20 Total [+ extra if you want to enter multiple events]. Hope this clears things up for you :]

Also just so you know I have a new Venue #SmashBucks, it's not on smashboards yet but will be March 4th with $5 Venue, $5 Entry fee [a more practice and hangout based event]

Here's the FB Links:

Here's the FB Links:
I might come to this tournament to play 1v1. Where are the sign ups?

Conti

Smash Ace
I might come to this tournament to play 1v1. Where are the sign ups?
They run from about 1ish til when Brackets start.

*Times*
Sunday March 27th, 2016 @ 12:00Pm at CE

Super Smash Bros.WiiU 2v2s Starts at 2:00pm

Smash Project M Singles Starts at 4:30pm
Super Smash Bros. WiiU Singles Starts at 5:30pm
Smash Melee Singles Starts at 6:00pm-ish [maybe 6:30 if its a hype event]
Venue Ends at 9-11ish pm.

Last edited:

Conti

Smash Ace
This is Tomorrow :] We got 3 Setups for WiiU confirmed, so if we could get a few more that would be great!
We also should have a Double Stream/Recording Setup tomorrow. I'll be Streaming WiiU on the OcS Twitch with HD [As long as internet is good to go, If you have a 4G hotspot that would be super clutch!] Along side my PC Recording/Streaming Melee [depending on internet]. See you guys there!
https://www.facebook.com/events/1708593739353359/

Conti

Smash Ace
This is today! See you guys there! :] Hopefully another OP CE Event. We seem to do pretty good there even on holidays. [I actually messed up n didn't know today was easter -.- woops. All good, we had like 40 people on the super bowl, 58 on like mothers/fathers day [i dont remember].]

Anyways yeah Here's the link, see ya - https://www.facebook.com/events/1708593739353359/

Conti

Smash Ace
Next CE Event page is up! CE stays being rediculously hype so just come thru and get ready for some sick Smash!
I changed WiiU 2v2 to 3pm so more people can show up for Teams [we do good with teams usually, like 6-10teams, on our really bad day we still had 3 teams] But yeah, Melee 2v2 is now 2pm, Come thru and make melee OP! ;]
See ya there! May 8th! https://www.facebook.com/events/1025770677498644/ RSVP PLEASE

Conti

Smash Ace
SMS was pretty hype last weekend. :D
We got this event coming up May 8th on Sunday! Hopefully it's a decent day!

ALSO *READ THIS*
My BDay is May14th, I'm hosting a Post-Birthday Event here May15th! Might get you guys a couple pizzas and stuff, We'll see whats up! Stay tuned! It'd be hype if yall came thru tho!

Here's the Link to May8th: https://www.facebook.com/events/1025770677498644/

I'll comment with more info on May15th later! Thanks!

Conti

Smash Ace
Top Bottom