• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 3rd] Middle Tennessee Smash and The Score @ Cool Springs : Bi-Monthly : Melee/Project M

KOkingpin

Smash Champion
OK people, The awesome guys at The Score at Cool Springs are hosting another Tournament with the Middle TN Smash Crew.
Date : May 3rd
Venue : 4091 Mallory Lane, Suite 124 Franklin, TN 37067
Signups : 12pm
Tournaments Start Time : 1pm
(the start time is pretty strict because we really can't stay all night so please please please try to be on time.)
Singles per event : $10.00
Doubles per player per event : $5.00

Melee Rules:

Singles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:

• Yoshi’s Story
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • Pokemon Stadium
Doubles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:

• Yoshi’s Story
  • Pokemon Stadium
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Dream Land
Counterpick:
  • DK 64
General Rules
  • Items are set to off
  • Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively
  • Wobbling is legal. Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling and is not allowed.
  • Double Blind: If elected
  • Contest Port Priority: If elected
  • Neutral Start: If elected
  • DSR: You cannot counter pick to any stage you have won on ever.
  • Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR. Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
  • Forced Character Selection: Off
  • Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes the first match won via stage striking.
  • Pausing the game shall only be legal while either player remains upon their OWN respawn platform, and only for the purpose of summoning a tournament official or in the case of a controller malfunction. All other pauses will incur a stock loss to the player who pauses the game.
  • Coaching: Coaching is allowed but only 1 person per player/team. No extra people crowding up where the players are playing.
  • Players are to attend their matches at the designated times they are called. If you are late to a match, the following rules will be applied based on the amount of time:
    • If you are 5 minutes late: Results in a match loss
    • If you are 10 minutes late: Results in a set loss
    • These times will be strictly enforced to make sure that each player will enjoy the full event on a timely manner.
Additional Rules for Teams Play
  • Team Attack: ON
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.
How to Play a Set
  1. Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind
  2. Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage
  3. The players play the first match of the set
    Prior to starting this match, either player may elect to Contest Port Priority or Neutral Start.Note: Only one of these two may be used, as both have a built in Port Selection mechanism using RPS. If there is a situation where a player would like to change which option they elected after playing the game of RPS, it is the opponent’s choice to allow it. The results from the previously played game of RPS will carry over.
  4. Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
    For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
    For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
  5. The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
  6. The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  7. The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
  8. The losing player of the preceding match gets first pick of port. Either player may elect for a neutral Start, but RPS will not be played to determine first pick.
  9. The next match is played.
  10. Repeat Steps 4 through 9 for all subsequent matches until the set is complete.

Project M Ruleset
  • 4 stock, 8 minutes.
  • Sets are best of 3. Semi-Finals, Loser's Finals, Winner's Finals, and Grand Finals are best of 5.
  • Items set to “off” and “none.”
  • Either player may call for a Double Blind character selection for the first match.
  • Dave’s Stupid Rule: A player may not counterpick any stage he won on in a set.
  • Controller port is determined by Rock Paper Scissors if it can’t be agreed upon. For doubles, the controller ports must be 1-2-2-1.
  • For doubles, Team Attack is on and life stealing is allowed. Remember that Attack+Special, not the Pause button, is used to steal lives.
  • Pausing during a match, unless okayed by the other player, will result in the loss of one stock for the person who pauses the game.
  • If time runs out, the person with the most stock left (or least % if they are equal) wins. If the % is equal as well, play a 1 stock 3 minute match, same characters and stage.
  • Buffer set to off.
  • Custom controls are allowed, but controllers modified to enhance performance are not. No turbo buttons, etc. However, removing the springs from shoulder buttons or replacing a thumbstick with a different thumbstick are ok.
  • Custom music is allowed as long as it’s not too distracting, but any textures or vertex hacks outside of the official team color textures are not.
  • If you want to use your own SD card, a TO must overwrite the important game files (not music) in order to make sure there are no modifications. If you are caught cheating with modified game files, you will be immediately DQ'ed without refund and banned from future events.
  • In the event that the game crashes or the TV/Wii loses power in the middle of a match, that match will be restarted from the beginning with the same characters and stage. If a player uses a known glitch to intentionally crash the game or otherwise make it unfinishable, that player may be forced to forfeit the match or be DQ'ed at the TO’s discretion.
  • Coaching: Coaching is allowed but only 1 person per player/team. No extra people crowding up where the players are playing.
  • Both players may agree to any rule or stage outside the tournament ruleset.
Stage list:

For the 1st match, stage strike the starter list in 1-2-2-1 fashion. After each match, the winner of the previous match bans 3 stages (Players may counterpick a stage that they previously banned in the set, but may not counterpick a stage on which they won). The player who lost the previous match chooses a stage, then the player who won chooses their character, then the player who lost chooses their character.

Singles Stage List:
Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee)

Counterpicks:

Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyworld

Doubles Stage List:
Starters:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)

Counterpicks:

Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Skyworld
Dracula's Castle
Rumble Falls
Distant Planet

Last edited:

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
I've been working on getting a community in Cookeville together so hopefully we'll be able to take a car full down here! Only problem is it's right before exam week so a few people may be turned off of it because of that.

Achoo

Smash Rookie
Okay, so I've never been to a tournament before and I'm interested in making the journey over to this one. But before I drive over to middle Tennessee I have a couple of questions. Firstly, how many people do you expect to show up to this event? And at what time do you expect the tournament to end? I'd bring a full set-up if I could, but our CRT is way too big to haul. And as a heads up, if I come there is a solid chance my brother would be joining me.

Last edited:

Zilyn

Smash Apprentice
I'll definitely be bringing one setup with a potential 2nd one as well. I have a guaranteed 5 coming from cookeville, with another two potentially coming as well.

Jxp279

Smash Rookie
NNID
Keyblade279
3DS FC
1075-0737-3153
Is there anybody I can get housing from.

Last edited:
Top Bottom