• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 31, 2014] Godlike Saturday! Indy Circuit Event #1 Brawl/Melee/Project M... (Indianapolis, IN)

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Godlike Saturdays is the premier FGC series run in Indiana, and a few months ago Super Smash Brothers Melee was lucky enough to be included. After several successful months of Melee, we've decided to run Melee, Project M, and Brawl on the same day.

IF YOU'RE COMING. I STRONGLY RECOMMEND BRINGING A SETUP. Please note, we're on the top floor of the mall so you will be carrying it up several floors of escalators. Try to bring a CRT that you can reasonably carry up several floors.

Location and Time

May 31st, 2014

49 W Maryland St
Indianapolis, IN 46204

The venue is inside the Circle Center Mall. There are various parking options near the mall (parking garages, mostly) and I've found that the best value is to park in the garages next to the mall.

The tournament is located on the top floor of the mall inside the arcade. There is a small walkway that leads to a room that used to be a theatre, which is where the tournament is being held. If you have any problems finding where you need to be, call me. (My number is listed below)

Since we're in a mall, food options are but a short walk downstairs. An ATM is also available, although there is a $3 charge to use it.

Events
  • Brawl Singles (No Pools)
  • Melee Singles (No Pools)
  • Project M Singles (No Pools)
  • SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 AE Singles
  • SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 AE Teams
  • ULTIMATE MARVEL vs. CAPCOM 3 Singles
  • ULTIMATE MARVEL vs. CAPCOM 3 Teams
  • INJUSTICE
  • TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2
  • KING OF FIGHTERS XIII
  • SKULLGIRLS ENCORE
  • GUILTY GEAR XX AC+R
I'm sure you've noticed a lack of Smash Doubles. With so many tournaments running simultaneously it was unfortunately too much hassle to try to schedule these events in there. We ultimately decided to have timely singles for the big three smash events due to time constraints.

The same reasoning applies for not having pools. If this were a smash-only event then pools would be easy to run, unfortunately there are many other tournaments happening simultaneously to smash.

Schedule

SCHEDULE:
10am:
-Doors open.

11:30:
-Admissions and registrations starts

12:30pm:
-SSF4AE singles then teams
-KOF XIII & Guilty Gear
-Brawl Singles Begin

3:30pm:
-Killer Instinct
-Injustice
-Project M Singles Begin

6:30pm:
-UMVC3 teams then singles
-Skullgirls
-Tekken Tag Tournament2
-Melee Singles Begin

Expense

Venue = $10 (WAIVED if you bring a setup! Wii/GC + Brawl/PM/Melee and a CRT)
Spectator Fee = $5 (Only if you aren't entering anything)
Melee Singles = $10
Project M Singles = $10
Brawl Singles = $10

SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 AE Singles = $10
SUPER STREET FIGHTER 4 AE Teams = $10/team
ULTIMATE MARVEL vs. CAPCOM 3 Singles = $10
ULTIMATE MARVEL vs. CAPCOM 3 Teams = $10/team
INJUSTICE = $10
TEKKEN TAG TOURNAMENT 2 = $5
KING OF FIGHTERS XIII = $5
SKULLGIRLS ENCORE = $5
GUILTY GEAR XX AC+R = FREE

Ruleset

We'll be using the APEX 2014 ruleset for all smash games. For info on the rulesets for other fighting games, click HERE.

Melee: Ruleset
Project M: Ruleset
Brawl: Ruleset

Don't do anything illegal in the venue. We reserve the right to remove you if you cause problems.

Other Info

Facebook Event Thread

Want more information about the Indiana smash scene? Click HERE for a smashboards thread that has all the information you will need.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
In the future we may start Melee in Brawl's timeslot, but unfortunately this was the schedule that was given to me by the organizer so this is what I'm going to stick with when running the event.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Might be interested. If I don't work third shift the week before/after this then my interest will increase, but I'll just bookmark this for now.

Top Bottom