• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [May 3, 2015] FPS8 @ Play It Again: Melee, PM, & 64 (Concord, NC)

SoulOfSmash

Smash Journeyman
Finals time is here and all the students are studying hard for their classes. However, is there really any better way to unwind, keep your body relaxed and mind still sharp then coming out and playing some Smash. Maybe you just finished this week and you need an excuse to celebrate. Well whatever the reason Frame Zero Gaming and Play It Again have you covered this weekend with FPS8. Melee, PM, and Smash 64 singles brackets all will be there for you guys, so come on out and give yourself a break from the books!

Schedule:
12:00-Doors Open
12:30-Smash 64 Registration Starts
1:30-Smash 64 Bracket Begins
2:00-Melee/PM Registration Starts
3:00-Melee Bracket Begins
3:30-PM Bracket Begins
8:30-Tournament End​

Good news! We finally have gotten to the point where we don't need to ask you guys to bring setups for PM & Melee!!!
Just don't forget your controllers.

Located about 15 minutes away from UNCC and practically in the same parking lot of the Concord Mills Mall this is the ideal location for all your new, retro, card, and board gaming needs. Concord Mills Blvd is directly off I-85 as well so it should be easy enough for you travelers to find. There is plenty of food in the area including McCalisters, Steak & Shake, and of course the food court in the mall. Also be sure to keep your language and behavior family friendly I look forward to hosting more events here so let's show them the good side of the Smash community. It's important to note this is a high traffic area so be sure to keep that in mind when your heading to and from the event. Be sure to like and follow their Facebook page by clicking the image below.

YouTube/Twitch Channel:
Our new YouTube and Twitch channel is up! For the first event here we will not be able to stream but you can usually catch us on Friday nights streaming anything from Smash to Street Fighter to anything we feel like. Of course we will be recording matches and uploading them to the YouTube channel (we really need to work on uploading them faster I know) sometime soon after the event.

Project M Ruleset:

For everything except the stage selection we use the Apex 2014 ruleset, including character selection and stage striking. However, we will be using a new stage list I've been working on with other TO's in the region. Since the Apex site no longer has the rules up here's a link if you are unfamiliar: PROJECT M RULESET

Project M Stage List:
This is the stage list the NC TO's have settled on, but with one change to my stagelist. Swapping out Yoshi's Story for Green Hill Zone as a Starter. 2 stage bans.

Green-Starter/Neutral Stages
These stages are available all rounds but are the only ones available for round 1
-Green Hill Zone
-Pokémon Stadium 2
-Smashville
-Battlefield
-Dreamland 64

Yellow-Counter Pick Stages
These stages are available only after round 1 is complete
-Warioware Inc.
-Final Destination
-Yoshi's Story
-Fountain Of Dreams
-Norfair

Red-Banned Stages
This should be self explanatory.
-Everything on Page 2
However, if you and your opponent agree to it you can play on any stage you like. Just don't be salty if you lose on Rainbow Cruise and you agreed to it.

Melee Ruleset:
Melee functions off the Apex ruleset. I have no problem with this and never will consider any changes. Here's a link to the rules if you are unfamiliar: MELEE RULESET

Melee Stage List
There is no changes and I don't foresee there ever being any.

Starters/Neutrals:
These stages are available all rounds but are the only ones available for round 1
-Yoshi’s Story
-Fountain of Dreams
-Battlefield
-Final Destination
-Dream Land

Counterpick:
-Pokemon Stadium

Banned Stages
-Don't feel like typing them all so let's just say everything else
However, again, if you and your opponent agree to it you can play on any stage you like. Just don't be salty if you lose on Poke Floats and you agreed to it.

Smash 64 Ruleset:

For Smash 64 I run things slightly different then the standard Apex ruleset. I added Hyrule Castle as a Counter-Pick to have some more stage diversity. If you are unfamiliar with the basic rules of this game you can find them here: SMASH 64 RULESET

Smash 64 Stage List:
Like I said Hyrule Castle has been added to the stage list, however now having 4 available stages allows you to have 1 Counter-Pick ban but still no DSR.

Starter/Neutral Stages
-Dreamland

Counter Pick Stages
-Peache's Castle
-Hyrule Castle
-Congo Jungle

Banned Stages
-Everything else
However, if you and your opponent agree to it you can play on any stage you like. Just don't be salty if you lose on Saffron City and you agreed to it.

Project M Character Model/Texture Hacks:
Texture hacks are allowed upon request, if you have a certain texture you like just let me know and I can install it for you. Previously I have been completely against model hacks of any kind. However, seeing all these new alternate costumes in Project M 3.5 I don't think it's out of the question to throw a few in just for fun. Of course, nothing too extreme only changes that are more of an extension of the character themselves. For example this is my personal Phazon Suit Samus skin (screw that ugly Light Suit!) You can click the image below to go to Brawl Vault and find anything you could want to put into PM!

Music:
I love having custom music over my stages. For example one of my favorites is City Escape, a track that should have been in the game to begin with. If you have any requests for stage music just let me know and I will put it on. Yes Travis I know we need to work on combining our music packs.

Money Stuff:
Venue Fee-$5
-All proceeds go directly to Play It Again to help improve our gaming experience and the store.

Event Fee-$5 per tournament entry
-$5 will go into the pot for each event you enter. Active events are available for Project M and Smash for Wii U, and usually a side event that I will have people pick and vote on. This can be anything from Smash 64, Low Tier Melee, Doubles, ect.

The Payout-Depending on the entrants for the event, percentages of the pot will be broken up accordingly.

<40
-1st-50%
-2nd-35%
-3rd-15%

>40
-1st-50%
-2nd-25%
-3rd-15%
-4th-10%

>10 (Usually only applies to Smash64)
-1st-70%
-2nd-30%

Final Words:
If you are in the Charlotte/Concord, or even the Carolinas area in general, come on out, have some fun, and enjoy playing some smash. If anyone was there and wants to give me any constructive criticism please let me know. I am all ears and I want to make these tournaments the best possible experience for you guys.

If you have any questions or need any information feel free to messages me on Smashboards or Frame Zero Gaming's Facebook page and be sure to follow Play It Again on Facebook. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Is this legit every week now? The other GA players are being stingy about coming up this sunday. I might not be able to this sunday exactly either but sometime in May I'm definitely gonna do some traveling. All the 64 scenes in the south east need to come together. That's my philosophy.

Top Bottom