• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 3, 2014] WHOBO: MLG Houston Special Edition! Brawl/Melee/PM/64/PSA! $300 pot bonus!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
15 days until online registration ends

You can still register at the door but it will be 40$

100$ pot bonus to melee

100$ pot bonus to brawl

Melee gets MLG seeding points

Medals for melee/brawl/PM....ect

Trophy for brawl

Please bring a full set-up we really need them.

FB link: https://m.facebook.com/events/278250605676938

GoldMegaman

Smash Cadet
Mango and Hax confirmed they are coming in the facebook event page. This is probably going to be the best Whobo to date.

GoldMegaman

Smash Cadet
Who is streaming this?

Also it's on MLG.tv, right?
i heard Chibo is streaming the entire event on mlg.tv

wait will the rules be changed back to banning MK now that Brawl's not on MLG?
i dont think so. i think the rules will stay the same just cause of how long its been promoted and it will be way to late to change the rules now. me personally i cant wait to see the reveal trailer to the new championship series. thats going to be awesome and what im looking forward to.

Last edited:

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
I live in the greater Houston Area, and I just need a ride and I will be there for Project M and maybe Smash 64. I have no setup that I can bring, but I have a Gamcecube controller. I definitely plan to enter Project M.

Xyro77

I live in the greater Houston Area, and I just need a ride and I will be there for Project M and maybe Smash 64. I have no setup that I can bring, but I have a Gamcecube controller. I definitely plan to enter Project M.
Where exactly do you live?

Doctor Pink

Smash Apprentice
I live in Websterit is part of the Clear Lake area. I am not really locally known for Smash, but I am relatively known for UMvC3 and SF4. People call me "Cookie".

aspirin cookie

Smash Cadet
What if I show up for Top 8 just to spectate , and y'all aren't at full capacity , would that still be the same fee as registering ?

Xyro77

I live in Websterit is part of the Clear Lake area. I am not really locally known for Smash, but I am relatively known for UMvC3 and SF4. People call me "Cookie".
Send me a PM. I think i may be able to take you. Remember, i am running this event so if you ride with me you will be there all day unless you find a ride back early.

What if I show up for Top 8 just to spectate , and y'all aren't at full capacity , would that still be the same fee as registering ?
PM @ Airbrush_King Airbrush_King here or on facebook (search the same name) and he will tell you whats up.

AthensHorseParty

Smash Journeyman
Anybody want a doubles partner for 64? I've got a full set up and two decent controllers so you wouldn't have to bring anything. I'm a Kirby main if that matters.

Xyro77

how much longer until registration closes?
Online reg ends in 5 days.

But you can still reg in person.

Anybody want a doubles partner for 64? I've got a full set up and two decent controllers so you wouldn't have to bring anything. I'm a Kirby main if that matters.
Also post in the FB group for whobo. There will prob be some 64 players who need a partner.

Last edited:

Xyro77

Chadd, yes. His name is sync. Let me get his address real quick. He lives 10min away from the venue btw.

6489 Creekbend Dr Houston TX 77096
Sync: (713) 201-8338

This is where anybody can get free housing. Bring towels and sleeping gear though.

Last edited:

Rolton Cussell

Smash Cadet
Chadd, yes. His name is sync. Let me get his address real quick. He lives 10min away from the venue btw.

6489 Creekbend Dr Houston TX 77096
Sync: (713) 201-8338

This is where anybody can get free housing. Bring towels and sleeping gear though.
Awesome I may need a place to stay.

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Whobo MLG registration closes at Midnight tonight! Today is the last day to register so visit http://airbrushking.net/tournaments/whobomlg to reserve your spot. We want to thank everyone for the continued support and look forward to everyone making this an epic event.

$100 Pot Bonus to Project M: Sponsored by Timothy Hansmann so special shoutout goes out to him. Much props!

Young Houston Magazine: William is the CEO/Founder of Young Houston Magazine and invited him to come experience Whobo. He will be in attendance at Whobo doing coverage and have his photographer take pictures. We are currently discussing about having the magazine cover the new championship series as far as articles and the top ranking players so stay tuned for future announcements.

Nintendo: Arron is a Nintendo rep that ive known for a long time and has been working for Nintendo for years. He will be in attendance taking pictures and giving out giveaways and answering questions. He will also be taking footage of the tournament atmosphere to show Nintendo so we can talk about future sponsorship for the new championship series so stay tuned for future announcements.

Fox 26 Coverage: Decided to save them for the new championship series along with Channel 11 so stay tuned for future announcements.

Xyro77

Yes, a huge thank you to Timothy Hansmann and Gamers Abbey for donating 100$ to PM as a pot bonus. He's not even going and he just decided to give out free cash to the PM event. That's crazy.

Here is a little info on Gamers Abbey. Please give him a like on FB.

Gamer's Abbey is an upstart company in Utah, focusing in not only bringing the competitive gaming scene professionalism and ease, but also general entertainment with planned streams, events, and more, as well as supporting where possible the general gaming scene. The overall focus is that gaming can be fun and exciting in any environment, without pressure to act a certain way, and is a perfect fit for family friendly environments. You can currently keep up to date with them at www.facebook.com/gamersabbey

Last edited:

Xyro77

Please please please bring full set-ups to WHOBO. Melee brawl PM we need them all really badly.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
At the door venue fee is one time only for both days right? How are you guys keeping track of people who have paid the fee the first day?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Was anyone looking for a place to stay still? Valdens' carpool has an extra spot available at the hotel right down the street from the venue. :applejack:

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
Whobo MLG (Final Announcement): With only a few days away I hope everyone is trained and sharp before combat begins. If you have any questions or concerns PM me or contact Xyro at 409-692-0697. Lets get hype and see everyone May 3-4!

# 1: BE ON TIME! Venue opens at 10am/Sat and 11am/Sun. You will be DQed if you do not show up for your match. We have 11 events to get done in 2 days so lets stay organized and on schedule!

May 3/Sat Schedule: 10:00am - Venue opens and start setting up setups/tv's.
10:30/10:45am - Group Picture and Video.
10:45/12:00am - Registration for all games. Pre-Registers will come 1st.
12:00/1:00pm - New championship series trailer reveal with information and warmup casuals.
1:00pm - All tournaments will begin! William CEO/Founder of Young Houston Magazine will be taking pictures and checking out the atmosphere.

May 4/Sun Schedule: 11:00am - Finish anything that wasnt completed on Sat and start Top 8. After Top 8 1st place winners will receive there money, medals and prizes.

# 2: Spectator & Venue Fee: Venue Fee will be 40$ for Saturday & Sunday and this includes entering any tournament plus casuals. Spectator Fee will be 20$ per day and this includes casuals. You can pay for each event when you check-in/sign-in. You will need your wristband for both days or for 1 day. If you dont have your wristband you will have to purchase another one so make sure you keep your wristbands.

# 3: Group Picture/Video: I along with Arron from Nintendo will be taking a group picture outside and video as well. This will be taken around 10:30/10:45am so be prepared.

# 4: No Outside Food/Drinks: Zuma management has told me that they have a 0 tolerance for outside food or drinks so they are not allowed in the venue. They are strict about there policy and reserve the right to kick anybody out the venue without warning.

# 5: Full Setups - Bring whatever you can bring to make the tournament run fast. We will need tv's/wii's/gamecubes/64/all games. The more setups we have the faster the tournament will be ran so everyone can get to friendlies/money matches. The 1st 5 players to line up that pre-registered that brings a full setup will receive a free drink coupon and a free poster of your choice. You will also get 1st dibs on what Arron from Nintendo has as giveaways so 1st come 1st serve!

# 6: Bring Extra Money - It will be needed for buying Food/Whobo collectibles and Money matches!

# 7: Whobo Collectibles - Whobo collectibles will be on sale which includes 2 posters (Brawl/Melee) so when you get your wristband from me let me know what you want and ill take care of you. I will have some permanent markers available so you can have your friends and players sign them for memory's.

# 8: Bring Exact Change - Accepting $1's, $5's and $10's. ATM is available downstairs if needed!

# 9: Pre-Register Paypal Confirmation - In order for you to receive your wristband and enter any of the events we will have to see a receipt from paypal either printed out or pull it up on your phone. Everyone that has paid should have received a confirmation email from paypal letting you know what you paid for. If you have not received an email, contact your payment provider and paypal to make sure the transaction went through. Pm me if you have any questions or concerns. It is also a requirement that everyone purchase a wristband in order to enter the Whobo area. Security will be enforced and there will be no exceptions!

# 10: Cash Payouts/Pot Bonus/Prizes - All champions that place after all the events are over will be paid in cash only. 1st place winners will receive additional prizes!

Gooz

Smash Rookie
  • Hey DrinkingFood, me, macho macho man, and Ponkapa (Both TOs from the tech tourney) are heading to the tourney on friday night. Were staying at my cousins for free if u want to ride with us and split the gas 4 ways or 5 since we have a spot for 2 more.
  • PM me if your interested

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
  • Hey DrinkingFood, me, macho macho man, and Ponkapa (Both TOs from the tech tourney) are heading to the tourney on friday night. Were staying at my cousins for free if u want to ride with us and split the gas 4 ways or 5 since we have a spot for 2 more.
  • PM me if your interested
YO YOU ARE MY SAVIOR PMING YOU NOW

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
# 9: Pre-Register Paypal Confirmation - In order for you to receive your wristband and enter any of the events we will have to see a receipt from paypal either printed out or pull it up on your phone. Everyone that has paid should have received a confirmation email from paypal letting you know what you paid for. If you have not received an email, contact your payment provider and paypal to make sure the transaction went through. Pm me if you have any questions or concerns. It is also a requirement that everyone purchase a wristband in order to enter the Whobo area. Security will be enforced and there will be no exceptions!
I preregistered on the 15th and the payment went through but I can't find my email to print it out. Is there any way I can get another one sent to me?

Airbrush_King

Smash Ace
At the door venue fee is one time only for both days right? How are you guys keeping track of people who have paid the fee the first day?
Different color wristbands will be used for spectators. A different color for each day.

I preregistered on the 15th and the payment went through but I can't find my email to print it out. Is there any way I can get another one sent to me?
If you used paypal my suggestion is to contact them and see if they can send you another one and ask them for the email that was attached to the transaction. Dont know if this works on paypal but for other websites you can do a forgot username and it will reveal your email. From there you can log into your paypal account and print out the receipt.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
@ Airbrush_King Airbrush_King I was referring to tournament participants who pay at the door. We can do that right? Would we just have to buy a wrist band each day for 20$?

Also, since I take it you guys didn't reach your max of 200 registrations online, are you going to turn away people that show up at the door once you've reached that limit of 200? That'd really suck for people that are going to be driving 5+ hours to compete... like ya'know, my group and I.

Last edited:

Arturito_Burrito

Smash Master
If you used paypal my suggestion is to contact them and see if they can send you another one and ask them for the email that was attached to the transaction. Dont know if this works on paypal but for other websites you can do a forgot username and it will reveal your email. From there you can log into your paypal account and print out the receipt.
What other way was there besides paypal? I recovered my paypal email but the receipt isn't there either.

Gooz

Smash Rookie
@ Xyro77 Xyro77
I am now able to bring a full set up and would like to do so. Am I still able to get some of those benefits that come along with that? Either way I am, but I am just curious.

Edit:
Nevermind I see it now

Last edited:

GOL | 482 | JSalt

The Folse Deity
NNID
JSalty
So I'm making this super last-minute decision to go, but I need to know this: Since there's the entrants cap, how big is the chance of me not being able to enter if it reaches the cap?
Also, anyone wanna team? Wario in Brawl, Sheik in Melee/PM.

Top Bottom