• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic North [Sep 2, 2015] Hall Of Gaming: Project M and Sm4sh Biweeklies. (Wallingford, CT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nessania

Smash Rookie
Is it available for tomorrow? Because this is my first time trying out for tournaments. Plus, I'm hoping for the sm4sh bracket.

Nessania

Smash Rookie
Heh, heh, I'm also quite a newby to this so how would I be able to get a bracket for sm4sh?

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Just show up a little before 7 and bring 10ish bucks for the entry fee!

@Work

Smash Rookie
Anyone interested in meeting up this weekend or any weekday before the tourney for some practice? I live in middlebury, I'm willing to drive like 20 mins. Prefer someone who isn't new, all my friends suck and I need someone to help me improve. I'd say I'm a above average player.

MLGF

Smash Lord
It's always a gamble, but I'd say at least 20 unique for both games at a bare minimum.

And no.

redredret

Smash Rookie
It's always a gamble, but I'd say at least 20 unique for both games at a bare minimum.

And no.
And one more question (sorry for being annoying) how long do the tournaments last usually?

MLGF

Smash Lord
And one more question (sorry for being annoying) how long do the tournaments last usually?
That's the fun part :/

I'd say I generally aim to have them over in about 3 or so hours, so hopefully around ten or ten thirty, but as the summer season has just began I'm unsure how applicable that goal is. Still, I'm going to strive to run the event in a quick and timely manner.

FishyFreind

Smash Rookie
So does registration close right at 7, or before then? if, on the way to the venue, I encounter traffic or something like that, can i just not enter?

Gay Chris

Smash Rookie
hey so im not gonna be able to show up to the one tonight but im guessing the following one will be on the 10th? like if its always on weds that'd be super dope for me because then i can just tell my boss i can't work on those nights ahead of time.

MLGF

Smash Lord
Yeah, it's not a big deal. Plenty of people enter both all the time.

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Can someone link me to the Facebook group we use? I don't think I'm a member of it!

ENKER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
megamanx1367
3DS FC
5344-0965-9612
Thanks! And thanks for the warning!

FishyFreind

Smash Rookie
If anyone is going to this from the Norwalk/Fairfield county area and would be willing to drive me this I would really appreciate it. I could pay for gas money, just message me and let me know

PlainSimpleGarak

Smash Cadet
I assume Roy, Ryu, and Lucas will be legal, but do you plan to add Dreamland 64 or Miiverse to the stage list?

MLGF

Smash Lord
Probably, I usually just do a wait and see what other TO's do (I'm not gonna make any direct judgements on this game) so I'll try to play that out.

PlainSimpleGarak

Smash Cadet
Are the monthlys still going on? The old monthly Smashboards post hasn't been updated since the one in Feburary

MLGF

Smash Lord
Currently, no.
We'll make another evaluation after EVO.

Mva04

Smash Rookie
Hello Everybody. Smash 4 in CT isnt that popular right now but another venue is holding smash 4 weeklies out of NEW LONDON CT. Here all the details. Its pretty new but lets see if we can get some people out there.

123 Bank St
New London, CT 06320

Smash bros WiiU weekly event held on every Thursday

Venue fee $3, Entry fee $5
Pot split is 60/30/10% for 1st, 2nd, 3rd

Location is at Legacy Cards Comics Games and More
(It is in the back of a Antique shop. The back entrance is probably easier to locate.)

Preregistration opens at 5 pm
Tournament starts 5:30

Stages (Starters): Battlefield/Miiverse, Final Destination, Smashville, Town and City, Dreamland 64*
(Counters) Halberd, Delfino, Duck Hunt, Castle Siege, Lylat
*If Dreamland is not available on the WiiU, it is considered the first strike, but will not count as a ban.
2 Bans

No customs
DLC characters are Legal

Double Elimination (may move to Bracket Pools if more than 16 people show up)

Current format is Winners Bracket is 3 stock, 8 minutes with the Losers Bracket 2 stock, 6 minutes.*
All sets are 2/3 except winners finals, losers finals, and grand finals.
*Winners may also change to 2 stock if not enough setups are available.

Hipstarr

Smash Rookie
There's a tourney tonight, correct? What's the controller situation? Do you have gamecube adapters or do we bring 3DSes?

MLGF

Smash Lord
There's controller adaptors. Generally, anyone who brings a setup brings one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom