• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 2, 2015] The Early Bird Special II: Rise And Shine (Carmel, IN)

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer

This event will be streamed at: twitch.tv/indysmash

Need to contact us? Feel free to shoot a message to @XiiviZV or @IndySmash on Twitter.​

Head Tournament Organizer:
@ Xiivi Xiivi

Stream Director:
@Hellkrai

Tournament Organizers:
@OldManDyl (OMD)
@JmanJarquise
@LevelZeroToInfinity
@Sofa King 742

Tournament Assistants:
@HunnersBoards
@TorQ

Venue Contact:
@Photonic

Commentary Director:
@ Bench Bench

Commentators:
@-Hoodie-
@NoobX
@phrigid
@Naggy
@Kritz_n_Krieg
Feel free to volunteer!

Venue:
Veterans Of Foreign Wars Post #10003
12863 Old Meridian St
Carmel, IN 46032
[If Google Maps misdirects you follow this.]
[Outside look of the venue.]

We will have two rooms available to us at the venue; these rooms do connect. The second room will not be connected until 11am and serve as overflow for Melee set-ups. There is also a bar at the venue which serves breakfast from 8am to 11am. [The bar will be open earlier than the venue itself; so you may show up at 8am to eat and then we'll let you into our side of the building at 9am.] After this time the bar is limited to a dinner menu with snacks and drinks. Minors are allowed in the venue and the dining area but may not sit at the bar. Alcoholic drinks may not be taken outside of the bar area. There is a parking lot at the venue and there is a strip mall with food within a five minute drive. Meijer is a short walk away from the venue and you are safe to park there if the normal parking lot fills. All events, food, and drink are cash only; there is an ATM on-site at the venue.

Breakfast Menu | Evening Menu

Cost:
Venue Fee: 5$$
Project M Singles: 10$$
Wii U Singles: 10$$
Melee Singles: 10$$
Melee Doubles: Player A - 10$$ + Player B - 10$$ = 20$$

Your Early Bird Specials:
HDTV: 3$$ off venue fee.
Wii U Set-Up: 2$$ off venue fee.
PM/Melee Set-Up: 1$$ off venue fee.
CRT: 1$$ off venue fee.

Game set-ups must include all necessary components to apply for venue fee discounts. Third-party adapters do not contribute towards this. This includes sensor bars, wiimotes, etc... Please remember that our group has a CRT vault and will have CRTs already available, but more are always welcome! By bringing a set-up and accepting a venue fee discount you agree to leave possession of the set-up with the venue and staff until all events have finished.

Schedule:
8:00am - Breakfast Available At Venue
9:00am - Registration Begins & Doors Open For Smash
10:00am - Registration Ends [No PM & Wii U Sign-Ups After This Point]
10:00am - PM Singles Begins
11:00am - Wii U Singles Begins
01:00pm to 01:30pm - Lunch Block
01:00pm to 01:30pm - Late Registration [Melee Only]
02:00pm - Melee Doubles Begins
04:30pm - Melee Singles Begins
06:30pm to 07:00pm - Dinner Block
10:00pm - Clean-Up Begins
11:00pm - Venue Closed

Times listed for events are start times and are not expected to be fully concluded by the next event's start time. Times are tentative and subject to change. Please note that all events will continue to run during the "Lunch Block" and "Dinner Block" periods; however no players will be disqualified during these times if they are not present for matches. However players are subject to be disqualified outside of these time frames. We will announce when we are at these blocks; please manage your time accordingly.

No registrations will be accepted outside of the times listed. If you are traveling from a large distance; please leave early enough and be prepared for worst case scenarios of traffic accidents, getting lost, etc... The tournament will not be delayed for you; plan your roadtrip to arrive at the start of registration; not the end of it to ensure your entry.

Payout:
1st: 45%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 15%
4th: 10%
5th: 5%
5th: 5%

[If any event is 24 or less entrants, payouts will become a standard 1st/2nd/3rd:60%/30%/10% model.]

Ruleset:
Project M
4 Stock, 8 Minute Timer
Version 3.5

Starter: Green Hill Zone, Pokemon Stadium 2, Battlefield, Smashville, Dreamland 64
Counterpick: Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Wario Ware, Final Destination, Norfair, Fountain Of Dreams

Dave's Stupid Rule Applies
Best Of 5 for Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals
Wii U
2 Stock, 6 Minute Timer
Customs OFF, No Mii Fighter restrictions [Equipment Banned]

Starter: Omega Kalos, Battlefield, Smashville
Counterpick: Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Duck Hunt, Halberd, Lylat Cruise, Town & City

Melee Singles
4 Stock, 8 Minute Timer
Wobbling Legal

Neutral: Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Fountain Of Dreams
Counterpick: Pokemon Stadium

Melee Doubles
4 Stock, 8 Minute Timer
Team Attack On, Wobbling Legal

Neutral: Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Final Destination, Dreamland 64, Pokemon Stadium
Counterpick: N/A

Events at or under 32 participants will not have pools. Round Robin pools will be be used if there are at least two set-ups present to accomodate each pool. If there are not enough set-ups to accommodate this, then bracket pools will be used.

Rulesets are subject to change; final rulesets will be as-listed on the Challonge pages.

Early Bird Special I:
Event | Results

enflikted

Smash Rookie
Ahhhh! Yes! These always make me so excited for you guys. :D

P.S. Did someone come in and adopt my old TorQ tag that I used when I started with Smash? LOL

it's Papa

Smash Apprentice
What are the attendance #'s expected to look like? I might bring some of the Columbus crew if this is big enough.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Previous event was: PM - 31, Wii U - 38, Melee - 70 with 100 unique players; it was the first kickoff event to the spring season with JAB3 and Full Bloom following, so some of that momentum should be carrying over.

Wolfen McGunz

Smash Cadet
So how do I sign up for Sm4sh? Do I have to show up to register and hope 24 others haven't registered before me? Sorry I'm just new to organized events for Smash, and I'm psyched to be a part of it.

Or do I register here?

Fancy Fanny

advances in gem tech
So how do I sign up for Sm4sh? Do I have to show up to register and hope 24 others haven't registered before me? Sorry I'm just new to organized events for Smash, and I'm psyched to be a part of it.

Or do I register here?
The last one had registration at the door.
And where did you get the 24 limit from? There isn't a cap for how many can enter :3

OmniGuardian

Smash Cadet
So I'm looking into bringing a Wii U set up (TV included) but would like clarification on

"By bringing a set-up and accepting a venue fee discount you agree to leave possession of the set-up with the venue and staff until all events have finished."

I'm assuming since the Wii U set up is only viable for one event that it'd be acceptable to leave after the finals were over for that event.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
So I'm looking into bringing a Wii U set up (TV included) but would like clarification on
"By bringing a set-up and accepting a venue fee discount you agree to leave possession of the set-up with the venue and staff until all events have finished."

I'm assuming since the Wii U set up is only viable for one event that it'd be acceptable to leave after the finals were over for that event.
Yes that is alright; actually once we get far enough in bracket where only 2/3 set-ups are needed you'll be free to take it.

Top Bottom