• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Atlantic South [May 2, 2015] Matthews Smashers "Crazy 8" IV Tournament (Matthews/Charlotte, NC)

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
We hope you had a "Craaaaaazy" good time at our May 2nd Tournament! We know this is an extremely busy time of year, but we appreciate all who came!

Here are the Results:
Project M Winners
1st Place: Archer; 2nd Place: Kai; 3rd Place: Karma
Crazy "8th" Place: Nevermind

http://challonge.com/MSPMMay15

Melee Winners
1st Place: GCS; 2nd Place: Vorosh; 3rd Place: Nebs;
Crazy "8th" Place: Drew

http://challonge.com/MSMeleeMay15

Smash 4 Winners
1st Place: Kai; 2nd Place: Scotty OB; 3rd place: Archer;
Crazy "8th" Place: Barbarian (not pictured)

http://challonge.com/MS4May15

Amiibo Tournament Winner: Press
http://challonge.com/MSAmiiboMay15

Crazy 8 Man Ditto Tournament Winner: Vheri

N64 Side Tournament:
1st Place: Vorosh; 2nd Place: Vorosh Slayer Sixty Beak; 3rd Place: Barbarian
http://challonge.com/MS64May15

Congratulations to All!!

Keep a look out for our next tournament date!
:4diddy::4mario::4marth::4palutena::4myfriends::4greninja::4larry::roypm::mewtwopm::drmario::kirbymelee::linkmelee::nessmelee::pikachumelee::peachmelee::marthmelee::luigimelee::foxmelee::dkmelee::falconmelee::bowsermelee:

WELCOME to

MATTHEWS SMASHERS

"CRAZY 8" IV
TOURNAMENT
DETAILS
May 2nd, 2015
The Start of Registration and Warmups: 11:00AM***
***Registration ends promptly at the start of each tourney*** (Brackets will be seeded by our last 6 tournament results, State Power Rankings, Charlotte Ladders, and Smashboards!)+

Start times:
Project M Singles (3.5 version) at 12:00
Melee Singles at 1:45
Smash 4 Wii U Singles at 3:30
(All above tournaments are double elimination!)
"Crazy 8" Amiibo Side Tournament at 12:30
(Details below)

Venue/Door Fee: $8.00
We are in need of 5 (we have all the rest) complete Wii U set-ups (consisting of Wii U, Smash 4 game with all characters and stages unlocked, and game cube adapter) No T.V's are needed. The first 5 that bring these complete set-ups will be refunded $4.00 at the end of the tournament play. We truly appreciate all who bring one!

Each Tournament Entry Fee: $8.00
This $8.00 fee will go into a pot for each event you enter (Melee, Smash 4 Singles, and/or Project M) with 100% Payout per Tourney!

"Crazy 8" Amiiiiiiiibo Side Tournament:
Bring your most trained Amiibo(s) (two maximum) for $1.00 each to enter!
(This tourney will go simultaneously with the other events, so you don't have to be present to play!)
Amiibo Tourney Ruleset: 2 stock, 6 minutes, single elimination, neutral stages (either Smashville or Town and City.) This $1.00 fee per Amiibo will go into a separate "Amiibo pot" with 100% payout!

*******And of Course, the $1.00 Money Match Madness Throughout the Tournament*******
Venue Guidelines:
1. No Unsportsmanlike Conduct
2. No Cursing/Swearing or use of Profanity
3. No Alcohol or Illegal Substances
4. No Spamming/Stalling
5. No ear-side coaching During the game
6. You must Respect the Facility and the Equipment
7. You must Respect the Ruleset of each Game
8. You must Respect each Other

Parking:
Parking is free and allowed on all sides of the facility.

Hungry?
There WILL be a snack bar at the venue!
All snacks are $1.00 each!

Don't Forget....
When entering Smash 4 Wii U, Melee
and/or Project M, bring your OWN CONTROLLER!

Melee Ruleset
4 Stock, 8 Min, No items

Neutral Stages:
Yoshi's Story
Dream Land
Fountain of Dreams
Final Destination
BattlefieldCounter-Pick:
*Pokemon Stadium

Project M Ruleset
Version 3.5
4 stocks, 8 minutes, best of 3 (Finals are best of 5)
Items off, input buffer off
Timeout - Winner determined by stocks->%->1 stock 3 minute match
No Giga Bowser

PM Stage Selection:
RPS to determine who goes first
1-2-1 striking
Starters: Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Smashville, Dreamland
Counterpicks: Warioware, Final Destination, Norfair, Fountain of Dreams, Green Hill Zone
Winner bans 2 stages.

Smash 4 Wii U Ruleset:

3 Stock, 8 min, no items, no miis
Neutral Stages:Final Destination
Battlefield
Smashville
Town and City
Lylat Cruise

Counter-Picks:
Castle Siege
Halberd
Omega Stages
Kongo Jungle 64

**All wireless remotes MUST be turned off
after each set you play or you will be DQ'd.**

**For all who attended our last "CRAZY 8" III tournament, we really appreciate you! We hope you had a day to remember! We are looking for this next tournament to be
EXTRA "CRAZY" FUN with more prizes than EVER!!
:4shulk::4shulk:I'M REALLY FEELING IT..................Are YOU??:4shulk::4shulk:

CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU and YOUR FRIENDS AT THE
MATTHEWS SMASHERS

C"
R
A
Z
y
IV"
TOURNAMENT ON
SATURDAY, May 2nd, 2015!
UNTIL THEN, KEEP ON SMASHIN'!!!

Last edited:

stingers

Smash Obsessed
noo theres a tourney in fayetteville I wanted to go to this weekend :( Is this too far along to move the date xD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
because youdont get enough of that im sure ;) hmm its ok guess Ill have to miss out on this one x.x

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Well I think I have the SAT this morning again....I'll just do the same thing again and start playing as soon as I get there, I guess. Unless you make Sm4sh first and Melee/PM after :)

GreenChaChing

Smash Apprentice
So is it looking like mewtwo will be legal? I feel like everyone is playing him on for glory and that gives experience and practice for people to learn the mu.

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
because youdont get enough of that im sure ;) hmm its ok guess Ill have to miss out on this one x.x
Hey Stingers! So sorry, but this is the only date we had available for both April and May! I guess this means the prize money is up for grabs!!!...lol...

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Last time you guys ran the new North Carolina PM ruleset, but it doesn't seem your post reflects that. Here it is, in case you plan on updating the main post.

Version 3.5
4 stocks, 8 minutes, best of 3 (Finals are best of 5)
Items off, input buffer off
Timeout - Winner determined by stocks->%->1 stock 3 minute match
No Giga Bowser

PM Stage Selection:
RPS to determine who goes first
1-2-1 striking
Starters: Yoshi Story, Pokemon Stadium, Battlefield, Smashville, Dreamland
Counterpicks: Warioware, Final Destination, Norfair, Fountain of Dreams, Green Hill Zone
Winner bans 2 stages.

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
For one of these tournies you guys should have a 1$ side event of PM or melee doubles. That would be really fun. Also is there a time where the pot prize or venue fee will be lower?

F

FennerGuy1992

I will make it, BUT only for Melee. I don't know when the tournament gonna last? Are you guys going to stream the Melee tournament?

Since the location is close to a CATS route, Route 17 Commonwealth, I will be able to go with no problem though I may need to leave at 7 due to the fact that I live near Mt. Holly Huntersville, where the #1 bus stops running after 8:40pm.

Other than that, I will be honored to come Smash with you guys...and I am only going to use Yoshi hahaha

tanookigamer01

Smash Apprentice
For one of these tournies you guys should have a 1$ side event of PM or melee doubles. That would be really fun. Also is there a time where the pot prize or venue fee will be lower?
We are hoping to "mix things up" with the tournaments following this one!

F

FennerGuy1992

By any chance if you guys still have time after the Melee tournament finishes, can I challenge someone to a Mario Kart 7 money match? :chuckle:
or if anyone has an SNES, I can bring Super Mario Kart and my SNES controller

Last edited by a moderator:

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Well I think I have the SAT this morning again....I'll just do the same thing again and start playing as soon as I get there, I guess. Unless you make Sm4sh first and Melee/PM after :)
Yo no **** or anything dont go to this tournament if you have the SAT. Might be better to get a great SAT score then to play smash.

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Yo no **** or anything dont go to this tournament if you have the SAT. Might be better to get a great SAT score then to play smash.
Please be quiet. The tournament where I took $30 from you I took the SAT earlier that morning. I'll do it again if you want.

Last edited:

Twisty Treats

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1075-1216-7448
Shut the hell up. The tournament where I took $30 from you I took the SAT earlier that morning. I'll do it again if you want.
Dude im not saying dont go because im scared or anything... Im saying do not go so you have a clear head for the SAT. Props to you for winning while taking the SAT that morning

TheAttitudeEra

Smash Cadet
Wanted to go but this glish guy seems frightening, and I don't mean in smash :/

Last edited:

Glish

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Wav_Glish
3DS FC
1418-7649-4416
Wanted to go but this glish guy seems frightening, and I don't mean in smash :/
Haha, don't worry I'm a nice dude :D Certain people just can be frustrating to deal with. Plenty of people here can vouch that I'm an ok dude

Top Bottom