• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MAY 17th - MAINE EVENT 3 - MELEE, PROJECTM, BRAWL - BIDDEFORD, MAINE

dreadl0000rd

Smash Rookie

Please look at our Facebook event for all information regarding location, prices, and rules! Thanks!

https://www.facebook.com/events/231408670381929/231462273709902/?notif_t=event_mall_reply

The MFGA is proud to announce Maine Event 3!

Venue - 5$
SSF4 - 10$
SSB Melee - 10$
Project M - 10$

TOURNAMENT RULES

SSF4:AE2012

Best 2 out of 3 / Best 3 out of 5 in finals
Double Elimination Bracket

Character lock after win / Ultra change at any time

SUPER SMASH BROS MELEE
Double Blind: If elected
Contest Port Priority: If elected
Neutral Start: If elected
DSR: You cannot counter pick to any stage you have won on ever. Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR. Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
Forced Character Selection: Off
Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock.
In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played,
and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on.
This includes the first match won via stage striking.

Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:

Pokemon Stadium

PROJECT M 3.0

4 stock, 8 minutes.
Sets are best of 3. Finals are best of 5.
Items set to “off” and “none.”
The Loser of RPS strikes first for the Starters, and for Counter picks the winner can ban 3

STAGES:

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)

Counterpicks:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Pokemon Stadium 2
Dreamland (64)
Fountain of Dreams
Yoshi’s Story (Melee) (singles only)
SSE: Jungle (doubles only)
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Lylat Cruise
Wario Ware
Green Hill Zone
Skyloft
Skyworld

Last edited:

Malart

Smash Apprentice
so far on the Facebook page there are 14 people going, quite a few from the bangor area including myself, one person from NH, and there are 73 people being invited. don't know how many will come, and how many of them will be playing smash, but yeah.

dreadl0000rd

Smash Rookie
Sorry guys just checking this now. There will be large amount of folks from Bangor coming down for this. IF the demand for Brawl is high enough, I will gladly run it.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Alright. If you do decide to run regular brawl before the tourny, make sure to post it here. Me and a few of my friends will most likely come if you do.

dreadl0000rd

Smash Rookie
Brawl is kind of up in the air. I got a lot of people looking to play it as well. If the turnout is high and so is the demand, we will also run Brawl.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Brawl is kind of up in the air. I got a lot of people looking to play it as well. If the turnout is high and so is the demand, we will also run Brawl.
So you're saying you won't know if you are going to run Brawl until people start showing up at the tournament?

dreadl0000rd

Smash Rookie
So you're saying you won't know if you are going to run Brawl until people start showing up at the tournament?
Most likely due to time, there won't be any brawl. Unfortunately its tough to get all 3 games in as I know people love different versions.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Aw, that sucks. Well the Auburn group won't be attending then. I'm the only one out of the 12 of us who liked P:M even a little, and none of us have played Melee in years (so there's no way we're tourny ready for that). One of my friends does play SSFF4 though, so I'll let him know about that at least.

Good luck at your event.

Waite

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rumpojec
I'm hopeful to get to this one, but with SKTAR 3 a couple weeks after that, I don't know if I can swing the travel expenses. Here's hoping, though!

dreadl0000rd

Smash Rookie
Shouldn't let your lack of affection for a game hinder you coming out to a local Maine event!! Get out there and meet some of your fellow smashers. I don't even play smash, I just decided to host it this one time to see how it goes. I mainly run SF4 and UMC3 at my events only.

dreadl0000rd

Smash Rookie
I'll tell ya what. If you guys bring a setup or two for Brawl. I'll even run it assuming there is more than 10 entree's.

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
I'm only playing melee. Does anyone else that's going from the Bangor area want to get some practice in?

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
I'm only playing melee. Does anyone else that's going from the Bangor area want to get some practice in?
Holy crap, I didn't know there were any other smashers in Hampden. Well, you learn something new every day I guess.

Hoser

Smash Ace
Shouldn't let your lack of affection for a game hinder you coming out to a local Maine event!! Get out there and meet some of your fellow smashers. I don't even play smash, I just decided to host it this one time to see how it goes. I mainly run SF4 and UMC3 at my events only.
The only problem with that is the tourny is about an hour away from me, and I doubt I could get a ride/people to come with me if none of us play the games being run.

I'll tell ya what. If you guys bring a setup or two for Brawl. I'll even run it assuming there is more than 10 entree's.
I can do that. I can probably bring 5-10 people just for Brawl, assuming the work and ride situation work out for everyone.

Hoser

Smash Ace
The only problem with that is the tourny is about an hour away from me, and I doubt I could get a ride/people to come with me if none of us play the games being run.

I can do that. I can probably bring 5-10 people just for Brawl, assuming the work and ride situation work out for everyone.

Also, off topic, but I think I met someone who knows you the other day. He was telling me about a smash bros tourny in Biddeford in May that his friend was running (I don't remember his name though lol)

whoops, I just realized I double posted. I thought I had edited my last post >.>

Last edited:

dreadl0000rd

Smash Rookie
Who ever does plan on showing up, please confirm your attendance on Facebook. This just helps me with planning for numbers, thank you! =D

Hoser

Smash Ace
I don't have a facebook, but I've got 5 confirmed so far for Brawl. We're trying to find someone with a 2nd car now for others who are interested in going too.

Waite

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rumpojec
I'm finally confirmed going, so as long as Dazwa doesn't show up, I've got a decent chance of maybe finding my way into the top 10.

If Daz does show up, I'm just gonna take my lumps and hope for a miracle.

Last edited:

Hoser

Smash Ace
Assuming there is enough people for Brawl, what stages are we using for neutral and CP?

Also, how are payouts split the tournaments? I just noticed thats not in the OP anywhere.

Last edited:

Hoser

Smash Ace
SMASH BROS BRAWL HAS BEEN ADDED TO THE ROSTER OF GAMES.
Cool, I was just coming here to make sure this was still going to happen. As it stands right now, I've got a minimum of 10 people from Auburn coming for Brawl. We're trying for find a 3rd car for others who want to come too.

SOLAR

Smash Ace
SOLAR is confirmed! I'm bringing a melee setup, maybe a PM setup, and I'm bringing a couple new smashers to their first tournament!

Hoser

Smash Ace
Well this was a fun tournament.

Made it to winners finals in Brawl only to be shamed by Dazwa's ZSS (clearly I need to better learn that matchup).

good job to everyone who played :)

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Thanks for hosting a great tournament! You're doing a lot of good for the Maine smash community! Hope this thing grows from here!

Top Bottom