1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 150,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 15 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

3. Trying to find the perfect gift? Use the Smashboards Store to get awesome Smash accessories, like a Nintendo Controller! Please check out the inventory in our store and support Smashboards with your purchase today!

4. Guest, we are currently running a contest to determine the best guide on Smashboards! $200 is up for grabs! Go here for details and to submit your candidate! Guide Contest Info!

Europe [May 17, 2014] Republic of Fighters 3 - MLG Qualifier (Noisy-le-Grand, France)

Discussion in 'Tournament Listings' started by Slhoka, Mar 16, 2014.

Republic of Fighters 3 - MLG Qualifier
Start Date: May 17, 2014 10:00 AM
End Date: May 18, 2014 09:00 PM
Time zone: Europe/Amsterdam +02:00 CEST

2, boulevard Blaise Pascal
Noisy-le-Grand, France 93160

Posted By: Slhoka

Confirmed Attendees: 17
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
  1. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

"[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

May 17-18
    Noisy-le-Grand, France

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    TL;DR information :

The Red Yoshi Donation Drive : 300€ out of 600€ needed

A Japanese player in Europe? It’s been a while! Last time it happened was back in 2008, for ESA2, the largest tournament ever in Europe. After that, Japanese players travelling abroad preferred to go to the USA.

But Japan wants to be back in Europe, and what better occasion than a MLG Qualifier?

For Japanese player aMSa, Republic of Fighters 3 is an opportunity to face the greatest European players in front of their own scene. Armada, Leffen, Ice, Over… the red Yoshi could be quite the challenge for all those players, and a guaranteed show for every spectator! Not to mention a face-off between the Japanese aMSa… and dutch legend Amsah!

As for players coming to RoF3, this is also a fantastic opportunity to see a unique player, but also play his revolutionary Yoshi!

Now, everything comes at a cost, and travelling from Japan to France is expensive. Plane tickets are currently a bit under 600€, a pretty good price for such a trip, but nevertheless more than what aMSa can afford at the moment.

That’s why we are asking for the community’s participation: with many players from everywhere in Europe expected at Republic of Fighters, the goal for this fund can be reached pretty fast!

So, if you want to play with aMSa, or if you want to see him face the best European players, please consider donating a little bit for this drive.

Donation list : (as of 04/24, 11:53 Paris time)

• Shloub : €10
    • Akuma : €10
    • Jakob (don't know the smash tag) : €25
    • Kaushal (don't know the smash tag) : €25
    • Darkyoshimoshi : €10
    • Matthew (don't know the smash tag) : US$ 4
    • BSeeD : €25
    • Slhoka : €50
    • Jugglyguy : $20
    • Yami : €20
    • Jesse (don't know the smash tag) : US$ 6,90
    • SolidBack : €10
    • Trevor (don't know the smash tag) : CAD$ 5
    • Acrumus : €100
    • Maxattack : €20
    • LawyerDog : €15
    • Chris (don't know the smash tag) : €20
    Current Total (with paypal fees removed) : €345 out of 600

How will it work ?

I (Slhoka, RoF3’s main TO) will gather the money until it reached completion.
    Send your donations to my Paypal account: [email protected]

What if the goal isn’t reached?
    You get your money back, of course!

I’m attending RoF3, why should I donate?
    It is too early to guarantee that aMSa will be able to play games with every single person participating to the donation drive (we don’t really want to attach him in front of the TV and make him play until he dies of exhaustion). But still, aMSa is willing to play against those who help him, and obviously, players who donate will have priority.

I cannot attend RoF3, why should I donate?
    You’ll see a great show with hype sets between aMSa and all the best Europeans! Do not forget that the amazing Salty Playground team will be at RoF 3, which means a high-quality stream that you will enjoy for sure.

Any question ?
    Make sure to ask us at [email protected] or on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LeFrenchMelee ! Smashboards PM to Slhoka are also welcome !

The Republic of Fighters is back ! After a first edition with Melee in July ending with an absolutely crazy set between Over and Ice, this multi-games event series is partnering again with LeFrenchMelee, the French Melee players association to host a new and larger tournament.

But there's a twist.
    This time, we have been selected as the European qualifier of the MLG 2014 Grassroots Program. That's right. Players placing in the top 64 will earn seeding points for the finals in Anaheim.

Line up
    A gathering of all the French fighting games communities, Republic of Fighters 3 will feature:
    • Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate
    • Injustice : God are among us
    • King Of Fighters XIII
    • SoulCalibur 5
    • Super Smash Bros. Melee
    • Tekken Tag Tournament 2
    • Ultimate Marvel VS Capcom 3
    • Ultra Street Fighter IV

All games will feature a singles event and a team events (3 on 3 for all games except Melee, 2 vs 2).
    However, you cannot register for more for two singles events and one team event.

Additionaly, quite a few other games will be featured in the freeplay area :
    • Blazblue ChronoPhantasma
    • Jojo Bizarre Adventure All Star Battle
    • Killer Instinct
    • Project M
    • Street Fighter 3.3 Online Edition
    • Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
    Please note that these games (most notably Project M) may become official events included among the tournaments.

When ?
    May 17-18, 2014

The venue will open on Saturday morning at 10am and will close at 10:30pm that same evening. On Sunday, the venue will open at 10am and close at 9pm.

Where ?
    Noisy-le-Grand, France.
    This city isn't far from Paris and easy to reach with the public transportation system.

The venue
    ESIEE Paris
    2 boulevard Blaise Pascal
    Cité Descartes
    Noisy-le-Grand

The venue is the hf.lan venue. It is an engineer school, and a huge one that is ! While at hf.lan, we're using the canteen, this time we will be using the gym, which is much larger with 1500 m².
    We will also have the conference hall on Sunday. With more than 400 seats; a giant screen and a scene, this room is one of the reasons for hf.lan's success, and should be on par with the hype of the event. You can see more pictures of the venue in the photo albums of hf.lan 4 and hf.lan 3.

Who ?
    The singles tournament entrants limit is set to 256 players. The team tournament has no limit (yet).

The hosts
    While the Republic of Fighters staff will take care of logistics and general organization, each tournament will be managed by its respective community. For Melee, it means that the tournament directors will be LeFrenchMelee's president Slhoka (not confirmed yet) and vice-president BSeeD. We can also rely on several other staff members.

Event format
    This tournament's format will be similar to major US events.
    For both Singles and Doubles, the format has not been decided yet, but bracket pools are likely to be used. Most sets will be best of 3.

Equipment
    Our aim is one setup for every 4 or 5 players. For 256 players, it would mean a number of setups between 50 and 64. In addition to helping the tournament run faster, it would allow everyone to find free TVs for friendlies whenever they want.

Registration
    Registration is already open, and takes place on the Republic of Fighters website.
    It is mandatory to register before the event. There will not be any registration at the door.

Entry fees

Entry fees
    Venue fee : 15€
    Singles tournament : 10€
    Doubles tournament : 5€ per player

Please note that buying a team pass is enough for your whole team. If you buy one, your teammate doesn't need to buy another one.

Prizes
    Pot repartition hasn't been decided yet.

Schedule
    Detailed schedule isn't known yet. However, both Singles and Doubles will be played on both Saturday and Sunday : do not take an early plane if you don't want to miss the finals.

Ruleset
    A complete ruleset will be uploaded soon.
    Regarding stages, Battlefield, Dreamland 64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams and Yoshi's Story will be starters. Pokémon Stadium will be a counterpick.

Food, housing
    Food
    You will be able to buy snacks and drinks at the event. Otherwise, there are several food options near the venue.

Housing
    The venue closes at night. While a few Parisians might be able to house you, the most convenient solution is to book a room in the nearby hotels.
    Two of them are located less than 5 minutes away from the venue : The F1 Hotel costs ≈30€/night for 3 persons, and the Ibis one costs ≈65€/night/2 or 3 persons. It is strongly advised to book before the tournament because the hotels are likely to be full in no time.

You can see other hotels here.

Please note that being housed by a Parisian smasher is not necessarily the best option : a return ticket to Paris is 8,40€, and it takes at least 25 mn each way.

If you need housing before or after the tournament, Parisian smashers may be able to help you. However, with two of the main Parisian smashers proving housing now living abroad, being housed by a smasher will be quite difficult. Please contact Slhoka if you need housing (see Contact section), but do not expect to find a place.

Travel information

Paris is pretty easy to reach by plane, train or bus regardless of where you come from.
    Once you are in or near Paris, the public transportation network will allow you to travel more efficiently than with a car.

Airports

The closest airports are Paris-Orly (ORY) and Roissy-Charles de Gaulle (CDG). From those airports, you can easily reach Paris in less than an hour with a commuter train, and it will cost between 15€ and 20€ return.
    Another airport is Beauvais-Tillé (BVA). This one is a bit far from Paris but you can get cheap flights from other places in Europe if you travel with Ryanair. From there, you'll need 1h30 to arrive in Paris with a shuttle which will cost you 30€ return.

Train

• Coming from the North of Paris : Gare du Nord
    • Coming from the UK : Gare Saint-Lazare
    • Coming from the East of Paris : Gare de l'Est
    • Coming from Switzerland or Italy : Gare de Lyon
    • Coming from Spain : Gare Montparnasse

Once you are in one of these stations, you'll have no trouble going to the venue with the subway.

Bus

There are two Eurolines bus stations in Paris :
    • Coming from Spain and Portugal : Paris Charenton
    • Coming from everywhere else : Paris Gallieni

Once you are in one of these stations, you'll have no trouble going to the venue with the subway.

Travels in Paris

For all your travels in or near Paris, I advise you to use one of these websites :
    Transilien.com (available in english and spanish)
    RATP.fr (available in many languages)

Directions to the venue

The venue is located in the east of Paris, near the RER station "Noisy-Champs", on line A. Going there costs about 8€ return.

Get more information here.

Various Costs

Useful information
    • When you buy a RER ticket, once you get in Paris, you can use it as a metro ticket, no need to pay 1.60€ extra. Same for the way back, buy your RER ticket, use it for the metro and then for the RER.
    • Overall, you can just ask for a ticket to your destination, and you'll be given one ticket allowing to do that, regardless of the number of changes.
    • In Paris, when you are caught in the metro or bus without a valid ticket, you'll have to pay a 40€ fine (or some simillar amount). Controls are not so frequent, but keep that in mind if you don't want too much extra costs (right Spaniards ? =p)
    • The venue is located 500 m away from the RER Station on the A line. From there, a trip to Paris takes 20 mn and costs 4,20€.

Smash-unrelated interests
    The tournament will not take place in Paris, but so close it is pretty much the same. Paris is a beautiful and very lively city, and sightseeing can be great there. If you plan to attend the tournament and want some information about great places to visit, make sure to contact me.

Updates and Stream
    The streaming team hasn't been chosen yet, but you should be able to follow it on MLG.tv. More information coming soon.
    We will also make Twitter updates on LeFrenchMelee, the french community's Twitter account.

Miscellaneous

Massage stand
    At hf.lans, you may have seen Ostéo-gaming, and trainee osteopath with a passion for e-sports. He's currently writing his master's thesis about the ways to help players perform better while staying healthy. You ca see him here taking care of porc, one of the top French Falco players. He will be at RoF3, helping you recover from tense sets !

Contact

Send your questions to [email protected], or to the TOs Slhoka and BSeeD. For questions regarding other games than smash, please contact the RoF staff : [email protected].
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  2. AvengerAngel

AvengerAngel Smash Journeyman

Are you implying that Seya and I are not "notable" enough? D:<

Also, I'll take the occasion to say that all the italian guys (some of them will probably come, but I still don't know who) find the bracket pools format quite horrible. I have no idea of why it is catching on, but it really sucks imho :x
    If we have to adopt it for a matter of time/MLG stuff, though, we'll try to put up with it. But if we can somehow keep the standard pool format, that would be much better :D

@Mahie: would you team with me? <33
    I've sent you a PM on the French forum
  3. Tero.

Tero. Smash Champion

Pasi, pheX and myself are confirmed for this.
    Team Royal Flush incoming!

Also out of the Salty Playground Team King Funk, UCK and myself are confirmed.
    Shiv. and Cpt.Love like this.
  4. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

To me, you are. To the general smasher population... maybe not so much :D

Trust me, I hate bracket pools. Now, according to the number of attendants... that may be hard to avoid. We'll see, but if there's a way for me to change it without compromising the schedule, I will do it.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
    Cpt.Love likes this.
  5. AvengerAngel

AvengerAngel Smash Journeyman

Lol that was the cutest and most diplomatic comeback possible <33

That's good news and I appreciate that :D
    I assumed it was more for a schedule issue rather than for the love of the format lol
  6. Tero.

Tero. Smash Champion

Is there a list of confirmed players somewhere or will there be one in near future?
  7. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

We'll publish one fairly soon.
  8. Mahie

Mahie Smash Lord

This should be stickied imo.
  9. Jeapie

Jeapie Smash Journeyman

Jeapie confirmed
    Aayla, Jekku, Cpt.Love and 1 other person like this.
  10. Jeffz0r

Jeffz0r Smash Champion

Hotel booked for Jeapie, RensXD, Jynx and myself.

Someone sticky this! :O
  11. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

Here's a first peek at the current registration list ! As always, Smash and FGC players will try to book at the last moment, so the list only features about 40 players, while quite a few have booked their plane/train tickets but haven't registered yet (among others, Android, Jeapie, Faab, Over, Leffen, Ice, Fuzzyness, but also other players we haven't seen in a while such as several Spaniards and Italians (<3).

Nevertheless, Melee is currently leading in terms of registered players... and it should stay that way until the registrations closes !

Singles
    1. Rens
    2. Armada
    3. NikeXTC
    4. Salepate
    5. Blaze
    6. dRage
    7. Pasi
    8. Scuzz
    9. Shloub
    10. RememberMyName
    11. FoG
    12. Miko
    13. Jynx
    14. Steakhouse
    15. Kid Candi
    16. Cpt Love
    17. Rich_Roman
    18. pheX
    19. Clade
    20. ZetTroxX
    21. Jon_ass
    22. Tero
    23. Krafft-Ebing
    24. Kwiddo
    25. LuK
    26. Yax
    27. SRK – King Funk
    28. Dark Tomatoez
    29. Joanna Dark
    30. Bico
    31. Poney
    32. Jah Ridin’
    33. StorMyu
    34. Hommesdoutant
    35. DarkS
    36. Jekku
    37. GreatOmnipotentDictator
    Teams
    1. Team XD – Rens/Jynx
    2. Team Les Super Wagons – Salepate/porc
    3. Team Sadboys – dRage/Rich-Roman
    4. Team DoomZ – Remembermyname/FoG
    5. team markov – Maxattack/Schloub
    6. Team ZetroxX & Jon_ass _ ZeTroxX/Jon_ass
    7. Team Love Gzu$ – Capt Love/Dero
    8. Team Royal Flush – Tero/pheX
    9. Team A+B – Luk/Meljin
    10. Team High SD Rate with Flowers – Dark Tomatoez/Yax
    11. Team The DraQ & mr Weed – Joanna Dark/DraQ
    12. Team Koipireisi – Jekku/???
  12. King Funk

King Funk Int. Croc. Alligator

I sent a mail to change my registration name to "IND|King Funk" to the RoF organizers.
  13. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

Alright. I'll remember it (I'm the one preparig the bracket).
  14. eleanorvonclere

eleanorvonclere Smash Cadet

3DS FC:
    5000-2398-9953
    I've just bought my ticket, a 2-days free pass (:
    However, I'm not participating in any tournament...
  15. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

That's already great !
    Even alone, the hype we'll have in the conference hall during finals will be worth it !

Also, I see you are from France.... are you already in touch with the French community ?
  16. eleanorvonclere

eleanorvonclere Smash Cadet

3DS FC:
    5000-2398-9953
    I'm sure it'll be, yeah (:

I'm from France but since I'm very new to the competitive scene and Smash Bros communities, I hardly know anyone. But I'd love to meet some French people for sure !
  17. Aayla

Aayla Smash Cadet

AvengerAngel, Dax, Alain, Pablo, NikeXTC and me already booked our tickets from Italy :)
  18. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

@Seya : Awesome! Can't wait to see you guys again!

The French boards : www.cubeforum.fr
    The French Facebook Group : https://www.facebook.com/groups/343477779066696/
  19. Tero.

Tero. Smash Champion

Btw: so far 22 germans have already booked their flights and will attend. Expect a lot more!
  20. ♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡ Smash Genius

• Premium
    Just bought my plane tickets and registered

ahhhh it's been a while since I've been to Parrrrriiiii ^_^
  21. NikeXTC

NikeXTC Smash Rookie

It's gonna be my first Melee tournament, I play since February... I hope to lose with dignity :D And have a lot of interesting friendlies

Also, I was wondering... Being a Mario Kart player, I know several good MKDS players use to play Melee, such as stelzig and Zgetto... anyone knows if they're gonna come? It would be cool to meet them!
  22. VA

VA Smash Hero

Pasi is going :o
  23. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

With the tournament in a bit less than a month, here's a short trailer... and an announcement !

More information in the first post of this topic !
    aMSa likes this.
  24. SchlimmShady

SchlimmShady Smash Rookie

ice, pamaro and schlimmshady confirmed for the tournament. never been this hyped
  25. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

Awesome !

Also, I'm taking care of the aMSa fund, so I should set an example. I'll add 50€, possibly more later if I can.
    CuriousGeorge likes this.
  26. Juggleguy

Juggleguy Smash Grimer

• Senator
    • Premium
    Amsa vs Amsah: battle for gamertag rights

Make it happen!
    Jolteon, PerhapsMan and CuriousGeorge like this.
  27. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

Also, interestingly, Amsah's actual nickname is "Nihonjin", meaning "Japanese". Talk about a rivalry.

Also, we already have donations !
    Shloub : €10
    Akuma : €10
    Jakob (don't know the smash tag) : €25
    Kaushal (don't know the smash tag) : €25
    Darkyoshimoshi : €10
    Matthew (don't know the smash tag) : $4
    BSeeD : €25
    Slhoka : €50

Current Total (with paypal fees removed) : €151,30
    KoRoBeNiKi, Vegard and Juggleguy like this.
  28. KoRoBeNiKi

KoRoBeNiKi Smash Hero

Northern NJ, 15 minutes from the GW or Manhattan
    We need Amsah vs amSa
    aMSa likes this.
  29. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

Another $20 from Juggleguy ! Thank you very much !
  30. SchlimmShady

SchlimmShady Smash Rookie

Not sure if its appropriate in this forum but, I need a teampartner :) I play Doc, a supporting character in teams, and my trainingpartner is ice, so i know how to play teams generally thanks to him. if anyones interested, hit me up.
  31. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

Shloub : €10
    Akuma : €10
    Jakob (don't know the smash tag) : €25
    Kaushal (don't know the smash tag) : €25
    Darkyoshimoshi : €10
    Matthew (don't know the smash tag) : $4
    BSeeD : €25
    Slhoka : €50
    Jugglyguy : $20
    Yami : €20
    Jesse (don't know the smash tag) : $6,90
    SolidBack : 10€

Current Total (with paypal fees removed) : €195,30 ($269)
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
  32. Tero.

Tero. Smash Champion

Any news about a PM side event?
    It says in the first post "Please note that these games (most notably Project M) may become official events included among the tournaments."
  33. DarkUsleon

DarkUsleon Smash Ace

Booked my flight and I'll book my pass in the next couple of days. Hope to see lots of known faces :)
  34. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

It's still in a grey area.
    And if it happens, we won't be able to make it a large event, because it will slow down players who enter that and Melee. I'm looking at our options, but I can't find anything really convenient.

In other news, we've got a 100€ donation from Acrumus! He's a low level old school player from France, and we haven't seen him for a while at a tournament, but he's always been a bro and he's proving it again!

Current Total (with paypal fees removed) : €300 out of 600
  35. strawhats

strawhats Smash Master

Nihonjin/Amsah sama vs aMSa YES!!!
  36. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

Current amount (as of 04/24, 11:53 Paris time) :
    €345 out of 600

aMSa likes this.
  37. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

Current amount (as of 04/24, 23:45 Paris time) :
    €426,41 out of 600 (with Paypal fees removed)

• Poilon : €15
    • JiM : €5
    • Qual : €1.44
    • Stormyu : €20
    • hectohertz : €50
  38. KoRoBeNiKi

KoRoBeNiKi Smash Hero

Northern NJ, 15 minutes from the GW or Manhattan
    I like seeing when you post, it generally means an update to the player fund.
  39. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

I added travel information so you know a little more about airports, train stations and stuff.

Also, I got €5 from dRage, making us reach €431 (and allowing me to make KoRoBeNiKi happy :)
    KoRoBeNiKi likes this.
  40. Slhoka

Slhoka Smash Lord

• Premium

Shameless double post to say that Qlex gave €50, allowing us to reach 481 euros out of 600.
    That's 80%, we're almost there !