• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [May 16, 2015] Cincinnati Smash Classic II @Arcade Legacy (Cincinnati, OH)

Doctor X

Smash Lord

Cincinnati's Melee/PM bimonthly series makes its triumphant return in May! We will be once again hosting both singles and doubles for both games at Arcade Legacy inside the Cincinnati Mall, and-- if time allows-- a super-hype Kentucky vs Ohio crew battle!

So yeah, all you nerds that were there last time? I better see all of you again, plus more, and I don't wanna hear no johns!

Fees and Preregistration
For logistical reasons, entry to this event will be by pre-registration only. You can sign up here. Money will be collected at the door. If you made a mistake signing up, or you need to withdraw for whatever reason, please contact me by private message.

If you register, I *will* expect you to be present. If you are not, and you haven't contacted me, I *will* bar you from signing up for my future events. Yes, I am serious. Running these events all in one day is a huge amount of work. The least you guys can do is let me know what to expect. :)

Registration will close on Tuesday, May 12th, so be sure to sign up by then!

Fees will include:
  • $10 Venue Fee. A $5 discount will be provided to each person who brings a full setup on the day of the event. This venue fee also includes unlimited play on all of the arcade cabinets in the arcade itself, so you can have yourself a good old time between waves of pools.
  • $10 per event for singles.
  • $10 per player, per team, for doubles.

Pools and Waves
In order to make it easier for players to know where they're supposed to be at any given time, while also ensuring that we use as many setups as possible, all events will be divided into two waves, which will play at specific times and eliminate down to small final brackets. All players will be handed a schedule upon checkin, letting them know where they need to be and exactly what time. These schedules will be rigidly enforced. If your wave starts, and you're not present for it, you *will* be disqualified. With this many events in one day, we don't have any time for nonsense. :O

Doubles pools will consist of two bracket pools for each game. The top 2 teams from each will emerge for a 4-team final bracket, with the 2nd-place team from each side beginning in losers'. You are required team with the same person in both doubles events, if possible. The only exceptions to this will be made for players who team with someone who isn't in both doubles events. This will help us reduce collision drastically, so make sure to follow this when signing up or you may not be placed in either bracket.

Singles pools will be round-robin if possible, but may be changed to bracket pools depending on the turnout. They will eliminate down to 16 or 32 players.

Schedule
  • 9:30 AM-- Venue opens. Check-in and setup.
  • 11 AM-- Wave 1 Doubles Begins.
  • 12 PM-- Wave 2 Doubles Begins.
  • 1 PM - Doubles Top 4 (both games).
  • 2 PM-- Wave 1 Singles Begins.
  • 4 PM-- Wave 2 Singles Begins.
  • 6 PM-- Break (Possible KY vs Ohio Crew battle?)
  • ~7 PM-- Singles Top 32 (both games)
Payouts
<32 Entrants:
  • 1st-- 50%
  • 2nd-- 30%
  • 3rd-- 20%
>=32:
  • 1st-- 50%
  • 2nd -- 25%
  • 3rd -- 15%
  • 4th -- 10%
>=48:
  • 1st-- 50%
  • 2nd-- 25%
  • 3rd-- 13%
  • 4th-- 6%
  • 5th-- 3%
  • 5th-- 3%
>=64:
  • 1st-- 45%
  • 2nd-- 25%
  • 3rd-- 15%
  • 4th-- 6%
  • 5th-- 3%
  • 5th-- 3%
  • 7th-- 2%
  • 7th-- 2%
Melee Rules
  • 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
  • Items OFF.
  • Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
  • Master Hand is banned.
  • Wobbling is legal.
  • Modified DSR: You cannot counterpick any stage you won on in the set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
  • In all best of 5 sets there will be no stage bans
  • All finals sets are best out of 5

Stage Strike from Neutrals for the first match of the set in “121″ fashion:
  1. First player strikes one stage.
  2. Second player strikes two stages.
  3. First player strikes one stage.

Stagelist: 1 Ban
Singles -
Starters: Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story, Dream Land, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpick: Pokemon Stadium

Doubles -
Starters: Battlefield, Yoshi’s Story, Dream Land, Final Destination, Pokemon Stadium
Counterpick: DonkeyKong 64

After each match:
1. Winner announces stage ban (except in best-of-5 sets)
2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
3. Winner chooses their character
4. Loser chooses their character

Project M Rules
  • All setups must use Project M v3.5, with no texture mods. Music mods are ok.
  • 4 stock, 8:00 minute timer.
  • Items OFF
  • Ties after the time limit are determined by stocks, then by percentage.
  • Modified DSR: You cannot counterpick any stage you won on in the set unless agreed upon by the opponent.
  • Giga Bowser is banned for tournament play
  • Simultaneous suicides from moves like Ganondorf's Side-B or Kirby's Neutral B will results in the user winning
  • In all best of 5 sets there is one stage ban
  • Winners Finals, Loser's Finals, and Grand Finals sets are best out of 5

Stage Strike from Starters for the first match of the set in “121″ fashion:
  1. First player strikes one stage.
  2. Second player strikes two stages.
  3. First player strikes one stage

Stagelist: 2 Bans
Starters:
Battlefield, Smashville, Pokemon Stadium 2, Dreamland, Fountain of Dreams
Counterpicks:
Final Destination, Green Hill Zone, Yoshi's Story (Melee), Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Wario Ware

After each match:
  1. Winner announces two (2) stage bans
  2. Loser chooses counterpick stage
  3. Winner chooses their character
  4. Loser chooses their character

Last edited:

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
I was always thinking about making a more experimental PM stagelist rather than the conventional one. Don't know if anyone else feels that way or not, just think it'd be interesting.

it's Papa

Smash Apprentice
I was always thinking about making a more experimental PM stagelist rather than the conventional one. Don't know if anyone else feels that way or not, just think it'd be interesting.
Please no. Experiment with stagelists at small locals first. At bigger tournaments like this, just play the hits.

Last edited:

NinthWonder

Smash Apprentice
True. I was just throwing that out there as something we could try sometime. Over the summer I'll be able to get out to these Fight Nights finally so maybe we can do some different stuff there.

Top Bottom