• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[May 10-11, 2014] Get On My Level 2014 - MLG Qualifier : Brawl/Melee (Toronto)

OllyD

Smash Cadet
NNID
Armitada
I know it says no venue fee, but I'm just triple checking before making the trip. Is there a price to play at all?

Last edited:

Windrose

Smash Lord
Hi!!!!

Will there be MLG swag and employees at this tournament?

I really want to buy some MLG apparel, and maybe take some photos with MLG staff so I can cross attending MLG off my bucket list.

It'd be much closer than going to Anaheim :D :D:D

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I know it says no venue fee, but I'm just triple checking before making the trip. Is there a price to play at all?
There is an entry fee to play in the tournament, there is no venue fee so this tournament is cheaper (and bigger) than most. I think its 10$ per event you want to enter, a local tournament would be 10$ venue fee 10$ entry fee, entry fee goes toward the pot for the winners.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
I literally need a brawl teammate

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
Yup no venue fee. Though I will proboably charge a small on-site fee or people who register at the door since it messes up seeding/scheduling and just makes everything generally harder lol Online registration should be available soon, just working out some stuff with the awesome isatis!

As for MLG swag, ill ask Jake about that because Id love some gear as well. I do know that MLG has a storage warehouse in Ohio so the Shuffle event had access to lots of MLG goodies.

update: SolidJake said he wants to drive out to this, if he comes through expect him to bring a bunch of MLG gear!

Last edited:

The Underground King

Smash Rookie
Good evening all. This tournament will be your downfall.

The scene is bleeding from the inside out. It limps and breathes, and just like everything else it craves change. The problem is, it becomes far too easy to be enamored by the gardens to turn a blind eye to the landfills. You just can’t whisper into peoples’ ears anymore and just expect them to understand you-to believe in you. You have to pry their eyes open, and force them to watch. Do I have your attention now, kids?

Whether you call it the Salty Suite or the Banana Ballroom, I want to challenge one man to a Death Dance. That man is Toronto Joe.

You want to be the face of Brawl, yet you’re being controlled just like a doll. While you try to appease the masses, I will be the one who surpasses.

For those of you who cannot read between the lines, I did not retire. Nobody has my passion, my desire-my will of fire.

Why? I am the best in this region (I didn’t lose to that Quebec pigeon).

Ever since the beginning, you’ve been handed everything while I sit in the dark corner of the room, scouring for food and avoiding the tomb. You went from Fox to Metaknight, pretty much from fight to flight. I’ve been true from day one trying to get my homerun. I wasn’t born with a silver spoon but soon I will bop you like a balloon. Example: Mr. Dune.

1 down. 2 remaining. Accept or decline, in the end I will shine. I am the underground king of Ontario left alone on the streets of Toronto. I will not bow down, for I am the revolutionary of true Browntown.

Whether it is a 1 stock Bo7 or 3 stocks Bo5, I do not care. I am better than you at SSBB regardless of the rules.

This is you: A fool trying to be cool but is inevitably a tool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzY2Qcu5i2A

Maybe I’m the fool trying to be somebody. I will prove that I’m a deity. I know I’m the remedy. This is about my legacy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBclhs0eYTg

I am The Underground King.
The devil.
Get on my level.

#urfree@SSBB

Last edited:

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941

The scene is bleeding from the inside out. It limps and breathes, and just like everything else it craves change. The problem is, it becomes far too easy to be enamored by the gardens to turn a blind eye to the landfills. You just can’t just whisper into peoples’ ears anymore and just expect them to understand you-to believe in you. You have to pry their eyes open, and force them to watch. Do I have your attention now, kids?

Whether you call it the Salty Suite or the Banana Ballroom, I want to challenge one man to a Death Dance. That man is Toronto Joe.

You want to be the face of Brawl, yet you’re being controlled just like a doll. While you try to appease the masses, I will be the one who surpasses.

For those of you who cannot read between the lines, I did not retire. Nobody has my passion, my desire-my will of fire.

Ever since the beginning, you’ve been handed everything while I sit in the dark corner of the room, scouring for food and avoiding the tomb. You went from Fox to Metaknight, pretty much from fight to flight. I’ve been true from day one trying to get my homerun. I wasn’t born with a silver spoon but soon I will bop you like a balloon. Example: Mr. Dune.

1 down. 2 remaining. Accept or decline, in the end I will shine. I am the underground king of Ontario left alone on the streets of Toronto. I will not bow down, for I am the revolutionary of true Browntown.

Whether it is a 1 stock Bo7 or 3 stocks Bo5, I do not care. I am better than you at SSBB regardless of the rules.

Maybe I’m the fool trying to be somebody. I will prove that I’m a deity. I know I’m the remedy. This is about my legacy.

The devil.
Get on my level.

#urfree@SSBB
I KNEW YOU WOULDN'T BE GONE FOR LONG

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071

The scene is bleeding from the inside out. It limps and breathes, and just like everything else it craves change. The problem is, it becomes far too easy to be enamored by the gardens to turn a blind eye to the landfills. You just can’t whisper into peoples’ ears anymore and just expect them to understand you-to believe in you. You have to pry their eyes open, and force them to watch. Do I have your attention now, kids?

The devil.
Get on my level.

#urfree@SSBB
go back to bed sudoku

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway

The devil.
Get on my level.

#urfree@SSBB

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Well I guess brawl is generating hype nicely, though rhyming ruined the tone lol.

As for melee we got M2K, Mango, Westballz, Toph, Kage (interest from Hugs) and more up against Toronto. Les go

Last edited:

cemo

white walker
Let's expose some Americans at this tourney. 8)
I will be looking to mm some of you Toronto scrubbies too, and assert my dominance.

jakestan

Smash Cadet
I'm so hyped

Never been to a tournament before but there's a steady chance i'll be able to make it to Toronto for this one
How much money should I expect to spend during the tournament? Not including tourney fees and transportation fees 100 dollars should do me for a weekend, right?

OllyD

Smash Cadet
NNID
Armitada
Hey, it's my first tournament as well! :D I'm bringing some friends along! Hoping it'll be a great experience.

jakestan

Smash Cadet
Hey, it's my first tournament as well! :D I'm bringing some friends along! Hoping it'll be a great experience.
cool i'm bringing another person with me as well

we should meet up and do some friendlies because we're probably both gonna get stomped

OllyD

Smash Cadet
NNID
Armitada
cool i'm bringing another person with me as well

we should meet up and do some friendlies because we're probably both gonna get stomped
Sure thing! I'm guessing from your profile that you main Marth in SSBB? :p

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
https://www.picatic.com/goml2014

Online Pre-Registration is LIVE! Come register for both singles/doubles for SSBB & SSBM. Registration closes May 4th, If you choose to register at that the door there will be an extra 10$ charge so make sure to take advantage of the free venue to save some cash.
****** Also some very important things regarding the registration process*******

- When registering for singles, in the slot for "First Name" put down your gamertag, and in the slot for "Last Name" put your region
-When registering for doubles, the ticket is sold as 1 lump sum, so when you register, make sure you include your teammates gamertag as well so we know who you are with and can properly seed the event

-You'll notice there is also a donation button, the Even Matchup Gaming crew has never asked for donations but I figured since venue was free maybe some people would feel comfortable lending us a hand to upgrade our stream equipment/high 5 us for our hard work, streaming is really expensive to do properly and we hope to become a top streamer in Canada by the end of the year so your support would mean a lot. This is completely optional of course and anything is appreciated.

http://teespring.com/getonmylevel2014
In addition we have an official GOML 2014 shirt and the proceeds from the teespring campaign will go towards increasing the SSBM pot bonus! So if you want a keepsake from the tournament and want to support the top talent making the trip down to Toronto for this event, heres the perfect opportunity!‪#‎TeamRandall‬

Thanks again for your patience with the registration everyone! Lets make this event one for the scrapbooks. Get hype.

OllyD

Smash Cadet
NNID
Armitada
Wow that format is different than what I'm used to :p oh well maybe I can do better with that format

Also, will videos be streamed in the same style?

Last edited:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
@ Toronto Joe Toronto Joe I'm dumb and didn't read the instructions for putting gamertag + region in place of first name + last name. Can you change my registration info manually? Robin Harn -> Juggleguy Michigan.

OllyD

Smash Cadet
NNID
Armitada
Oh jeez. It's official I've bought my tickets for singles. 0.0

Get hype.

Top Bottom